The Biden Administration..V3

917,370 Views | 10736 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Werewolf
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packgrad said:

Greg Abbott is going to defend his border.

Zero clue about the legalities surrounding this, but I feel like this is a very savvy move by Abbott. I feel like the Biden Administration is backed into a corner and I dont know how they can respond without looking awful to the voting public given how big of an issue immigration has become.

Agreed. It's a big issue to most folks, cultists aside. No idea how the Biden admin can play this.
I'm by no means saying what Abbot did was wrong, but the Constitution is pretty clear when States are allowed to secure the border instead of the US Government.
Read Abbot's letter. He is quoting the constitution with his State rights.
Article IV Section 4 seems pretty clear to me who has the authority. And unfortunately in this case, that is the Federal Government. So I don't fault Abbot at all, the fault is squarely on the Congress to act and fix this error, and again they would regather throw bombs at each other and then send out those clips to their email servers to get more donations.

The way out of this is to elect more people who are serious about doing the actual work, understanding that that serious work involves compromise, and then re-electing those folks when they are primaried by someone like a MTG or and AOC or a Matt Gaetz or a guy like Bernie Saunders whose been in congress for 30 years and gotten one bill passed. 1!

Get me more people like Marco Rubio, Ben Sasse, or Roy blunt and Sherrod Brown. Those last two agreeed on probably 5 things and guess what, those 5 things are laws now.
Hokie, did you read Abbots letter?
yes
packgrad
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packgrad said:

Zero clue about the legalities surrounding this, but I feel like this is a very savvy move by Abbott. I feel like the Biden Administration is backed into a corner and I dont know how they can respond without looking awful to the voting public given how big of an issue immigration has become.

Agreed. It's a big issue to most folks, cultists aside. No idea how the Biden admin can play this.
I'm by no means saying what Abbot did was wrong, but the Constitution is pretty clear when States are allowed to secure the border instead of the US Government.
Article IV Section 4 seems pretty clear to me who has the authority. And unfortunately in this case, that is the Federal Government. So I don't fault Abbot at all, the fault is squarely on the Congress to act and fix this error, and again they would regather throw bombs at each other and then send out those clips to their email servers to get more donations.

The way out of this is to elect more people who are serious about doing the actual work, understanding that that serious work involves compromise, and then re-electing those folks when they are primaried by someone like a MTG or and AOC or a Matt Gaetz or a guy like Bernie Saunders whose been in congress for 30 years and gotten one bill passed. 1!

Get me more people like Marco Rubio, Ben Sasse, or Roy blunt and Sherrod Brown. Those last two agreeed on probably 5 things and guess what, those 5 things are laws now.
yes

Do you feel comfortable enough in your constitutional law knowledge to stand firm in your "I don't think Abbbott is wrong but he's wrong" position.
hokiewolf
packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packgrad said:

yes

Do you feel comfortable enough in your constitutional law knowledge to stand firm in your "I don't think Abbbott is wrong but he's wrong" position.
other than the Constitutional law elective it took 25 years ago in college, no. But generally speaking, I'm not in favor of interpretation of the Constitution to fit what the wants and desires are for the two political parties.
jkpackfan
This is pretty simple, the Biden administration is refusing to enforce the current laws on the books. Both parties can be blamed for not "fixing" those laws but Biden has created this mess and it's not fair to the state of Texas or any other border state.
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packgrad said:

You'd almost think it's an election year.
DrummerboyWolf
jkpackfan said:

This is pretty simple, the Biden administration is refusing to enforce the current laws on the books. Both parties can be blamed for not "fixing" those laws but Biden has created this mess and it's not fair to the state of Texas or any other border state.
Texas has declared an invasion and they have every right under the Constitution to defend themselves. It's crystal clear if you know the Constitution. People forget that Texas is indeed it's own Republic and they never would have joined the union if they were not able to defend themselves against an invasion.

Great that other states have stepped up and backed Greg Abbott. I would hope the Legislature here in North Carolina would step up and voice their support for Texas. I know leftist Roy Cooper won't, but the House and Senate can.

Now if the Pedophile in Chief chooses to send troops to enforce Federal Law. Will the men and women in uniform defy their oath to the Constitution of not following unlawful orders and attack other American citizens? I have faith that the lower level officers and enlisted will not follow unlawful orders.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
DrummerboyWolf
packgrad said:

As does Georgia.

Governors of Utah, West Virginia, and Alabama have also voiced support for Texas.

https://thepostmillennial.com/us-governors-back-texas-right-to-self-defense-amid-border-invasion-after-scotus-sides-with-biden?utm_campaign=64483
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
packgrad
DrummerboyWolf said:

packgrad said:

As does Georgia.

Governors of Utah, West Virginia, and Alabama have also voiced support for Texas.

https://thepostmillennial.com/us-governors-back-texas-right-to-self-defense-amid-border-invasion-after-scotus-sides-with-biden?utm_campaign=64483
Add Tennessee as well.

Civilized
DrummerboyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Texas has declared an invasion and they have every right under the Constitution to defend themselves. It's crystal clear if you know the Constitution. People forget that Texas is indeed it's own Republic and they never would have joined the union if they were not able to defend themselves against an invasion.

Great that other states have stepped up and backed Greg Abbott. I would hope the Legislature here in North Carolina would step up and voice their support for Texas. I know leftist Roy Cooper won't, but the House and Senate can.

Now if the Pedophile in Chief chooses to send troops to enforce Federal Law. Will the men and women in uniform defy their oath to the Constitution of not following unlawful orders and attack other American citizens? I have faith that the lower level officers and enlisted will not follow unlawful orders.

Politics at their best.
packgrad
So much TDS.

Seek help.

TheStorm
Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Politics at their best.
You're sure one to be talking... your President created this issue by purposefully opening (I'm not even going to call it "not securing") our borders to whomever wants to come across. Three full years of this bull**** now...

But yeah, blame it on Trump! (TDS)
Civilized
packgrad said:

So much TDS.

Seek help.

Mitt Romney has TDS?
Werewolf
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

So much TDS.

Seek help.

Mitt Romney has TDS?

Unequivocally. He and his boy certainly have much at stake with the Ukraine money laundering operation. Pawn of the same group that controls Biden......Lindsey Graham too.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
caryking
hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packgrad said:

yes

other than the Constitutional law elective it took 25 years ago in college, no. But generally speaking, I'm not in favor of interpretation of the Constitution to fit what the wants and desires are for the two political parties.
Hokie, the following is Abbot's claim:

Because the Federal Government is derelict if its duties to uphold the following:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Then, it kicks in the following:

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Is that legal maneuvering? Possibly.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Politics at their best.
Civ, did you read the bill that's trying to be passed?

Joe Biden
caryking
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

So much TDS.

Seek help.

Mitt Romney has TDS?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Take the released tape by Kari Lake and you will see plenty of people, in both parties, trying keep the elite's control.

Oh, and one more Elite Person's actions....

Joe Biden
Civilized
TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Politics at their best.
You're sure one to be talking... your President created this issue by purposefully opening (I'm not even going to call it "not securing") our borders to whomever wants to come across. Three full years of this bull**** now...

Blame whoever you want for the state of affairs until now but Congress is six weeks into negotiating border legislation and it's the 11th hour and it's 'going to get torpedoed because Trump and MAGAs want to campaign on Biden's failures on the issue.

McConnell to Floating Splitting Ukraine and Border Deal
TheStorm
Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Politics at their best.

Blame whoever you want for the state of affairs until now but Congress is six weeks into negotiating border legislation and it's the 11th hour and it's 'going to get torpedoed because Trump and MAGAs want to campaign on Biden's failures on the issue.

Three full years... but it's Trump's fault.
SmaptyWolf
Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Politics at their best.

Yup, and Mike Johnson has now made it clear that the House has no interest in considering any border legislation until there is a Republican president. Except Trump was just President and strangely no border legislation happened under the previous Republican House, either. Or at any point in the previous few decades.

Why would Republicans ever fix the border when not fixing it will keep Cary and the rest of the Water Cooler flying monkeys in a permanent state of rage at Dems? The question answers itself.
Werewolf
Its Trump's fault, right #Sieve, #Gobbler and #Nappy?

Werewolf
#Sieve, #Gobbler and #Nappy are clearly on the wrong side of history. Three members of the #Traitor movement.
packgrad
lol.

So
Much
TDS

Clown show.
SmaptyWolf
Not that it would have any impact on the right wing rage fest, but it's worth mentioning that it doesn't require fantasies that Biden is personally inviting Guatemalan families to get here ASAP to explain what is happening at the border.

Putting aside that several Latin American countries have recently imploded, producing a mountain of asylum seekers, this chart tells you everything you need to know:

During the pandemic we had a massive drop in people willing/able to work. As they always do, companies found a way to fill their labor needs. The end.

But by all means, please keep play acting at building walls and laying barbed wire while you pack your payrolls with that sweet, sweet cheap and available labor... there's an election coming up and rubes to keep enraged.
Werewolf
U r a F'n traitor! Go get another jab, I'm pulllin' for ya.
Werewolf
jkpackfan
Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Politics at their best.
LMAO. Your boy has chosen not to enforce the current laws and Texas is paying for it.

Furthermore, Obama and Harry Reid did this same exact thing (that Romney is accusing) late in the Bush presidency so Obama could campaign on Bush and the republicans not fixing the problem.
SmaptyWolf
Werewolf said:

U r a F'n traitor! Go get another jab, I'm pulllin' for ya.
If there has to be a traitor in your story, why can't it be your Republican buddy who runs the framing crew full of illegals? Or the meat packing plant in Texas that hires illegals in droves and then of course drops sacks of money in the governor's pocket. If their demand for labor went away so would this problem.

But of course their demand for that sweet, sweet cheap labor will never go away. So yeah, I guess until you get smarter about what's actually happening you may want to go ahead and plan for a lifetime of rage about the border.
packgrad
Civ and the fascist went from "Texas doesn't want that smoke" to "it's Trump's fault."

I think my diagnosis is pretty much clinical at this point.

TDS

They should put pharmaceutical treatment for TDS in the booster shots.
Werewolf
Son, I've got more life experience in my left-hand pinky than you've got in that pea-sized 40 yr old brain w barely 20 yrs of adult life behind you. You know post-2001.....you understand very little.
Werewolf
Article I, Section 10 of the Constitution
Section 10: Powers Denied to the States
No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.
No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.
No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Article IV, Section 4....after listening to a constitution lawyer presentation a few moments ago, allows for Federal govt to come to the aid of a State that is being invaded. It doesn't grant the Federal Govt the exclusive right to protect a state. Its in addition - or in support of the state being invaded.
packgrad
This fits here.

packgrad
Even RFK Jr says Texas is right.

hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packgrad said:

yes

Because the Federal Government is derelict if its duties to uphold the following:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

I think because there is no declaration of war, that invasion language doesn't fly with what Abbott did
Werewolf
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/jan/24/glenn-youngkin-backs-greg-abbott-border-spat-joe-b/
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packgrad said:

yes

I think because there is no declaration of war, that invasion language doesn't fly with what Abbott did
That would be derelict of duty; therefore, the state is acting. Abbott declared an invasion!

Listen, I think Abbott was derelict in his duties, for three years, as well. Biden allowed this mess to start! Abbott should have done this three years ago.

Now, the big story is about this border deal, being stopped. First off, no one has read this bill, but a few…

Trump solved any border problem, we had, and needed no "bill" to do so. It's called.. being Presidential! Oh, that's right… you, Hokie, don't think Trump is qualified to be president.

Joe Biden
First Page Last Page
Page 196 of 307

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.