Bo Hines

7,679 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mrcpack17
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packwest said:

Oldsouljer said:

Ripper said:

Dude is super young, inexperienced, and a bit naive. I'd vote for him in a nano second over some lefty loon.
Agreed, but that's not a choice to be enthusiastic about. Hines beat five of six primary challengers that I regard as worse than he, Kent Keirsey would have been the best choice but he was one of the underfunded, bottom of the ballot losers. No chance. Barbour is a wealthy ncgop activist but not sure he's from the right side of the Party. Daughtry, the runner up, had question marks as well, though I found her attack ads against Hines to pretty much be in synch with the opinions of his detractors on this thread.
Are you sure you're not getting Daughtry and Barbour mixed up? Daughtry was the one that dropped millions of her family money into the race. Barbour ran with a fraction of the cash-on-hand that Daughtry and Hines deployed.
I don't think I confused the two, I've been told Barbour is a VERY successful businessman as President of Cornerstone Employee Benefits. I know Daughtry has money, I just wasn't explicit about it other than mentioning the fact that she can afford TV ads.
Tootie4Pack
What I want to know is how many Americans even know what the journalist was referring to with the "banana republic" question & comment.

Heck how many journalists know what banana republic means ? My guess is that many younger journalists would think just like Hines.

I'm not picking sides , just stating that a large majority of Americans don't understand the term either.
mrcpack17
Agreed. Most Americans probably don't know what the term means or the political context of it. But most Americans aren't running for office or just throwing that term around casually in conversation.

But Bo brought it up unprompted. It's just another knee jerk attempt to cater to his respective voter base because he thinks they'll eat it all up. Forget if it makes sense. Forget if it's at all relevant to the question asked. Forget if the term is used correctly. Score points. Show fake outrage. Both sides do this nonsense and it's exhausting.

But seriously though, given the kid's background, it's no wonder his concept of a banana republic involves a shopping mall. What a joke.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.