Bo Hines

7,676 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mrcpack17
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since the other thread was locked, Bo Hines wants Wolfpack support.

He won't be getting it from glass, Rex Davidson, or James Curle though. Lol.
PackFansXL
That's an awesome ad!! Go Bo!!
SniderFC
Bo, you've got my vote.
metcalfmafia
What district is he running in?
Oldsouljer
metcalfmafia said:

What district is he running in?
Remains to be seen and not just because of the ridiculous NC stay on filing. Truth is, he's been looking at as many as four different districts in which to run, this past 12-18 months. The problem for him is that it's not a good look, being a candidate in search of a constituency. Rumor has it, he might have Trump backing if he goes for the district down around Lee and Harnett counties, so that he's not in Mark Walkers way should Walker decide to run for Congress again instead of the senate.
Civilized
He's definitely district-shopping.

Weird to me that's the way the residency requirement is written; seems like you should have had to be a resident there for two of the last three years, or three of the last five, or something.

Good luck to Bo. I admire his ambition.
jkpackfan
packgrad said:

You left out Civ. Just kidding Civ
Civilized
You're correct but only because he's not in my district.

Well maybe not "only" because….
WolfpackHooligan
Is he going to primary Rouzer?
ncsualum05
I remember Bo reached out at the beginning of the year. At that time he was talking about running in my district… which is 5. Currently Virginia Foxx is my congress lady. He posted something on this board I believe.
Francis
Good luck Bo!
Oldsouljer
That's a U.S. Constitution thing and it applies basically to no other public office, nearly all of which have residency requirements. True in all 50 states.
cowboypack02
I think the video is a bit campy and not really my taste honestly.

His district shopping doesn't bother me because all elected officials in the legislature of most states do it now. It's called redistricting. They all draw their own districts to try to benefit them.

To the actual substance of Bo running for office....i don't know if you guys remember but he's on the board and there was a thread with him taking some questions back when he first announced he was running got office. I don't know if he took calls from you guys but we connected here and spent about 45 minutes on the phone talking about state football, going to Yale, and both State and Federal politics. I thoroughly enjoyed the call and found that we agreed on a lot of things political.

cowboypack02
I thought my second point should be in a separate post but while everyone is free to agree or disagree with whoever they want politically, if Andrew is still working here this isn't a great look from a board that is NC State related....just my two cents

https://twitter.com/aschnitt53/status/1470827908495204360?t=yDZuILv0XT_lp2leU7MGCg&s=19
packgrad
cowboypack02 said:

I thought my second point should be in a separate post but while everyone is free to agree or disagree with whoever they want politically, if Andrew is still working here this isn't a great look from a board that is NC State related....just my two cents

?t=yDZuILv0XT_lp2leU7MGCg&s=19

He works for The Wilson Times. Just another lefty newspaper reporter. An excellent example of why traditional media is dead. All lefty propaganda all the time.
Werewolf
How did he get through an Ivy School without brainwashing!
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Ellesdad
I'm not into politics anymore. I've voted for a lot of Democrats and a lot of Republicans. These days, I don't really think either party represent anything I can rally behind.

But I do think it's funny that Bo left State to go to Yale because he was interested in politics, but now he's latching onto his year he spent at State to show he's a blue collar/relatable guy from NC. Come on man... you went to elitist Yale and Wake. Those two schools that cost a fortune to go to. Nothing blue collar about that.

I wouldn't vote for him, or anyone else that's never had a career where they cut their teeth proving themself, but I wish him well.
packgrad
Ellesdad said:

I'm not into politics anymore. I've voted for a lot of Democrats and a lot of Republicans. These days, I don't really think either party represent anything I can rally behind.

But I do think it's funny that Bo left State to go to Yale because he was interested in politics, but now he's latching onto his year he spent at State to show he's a blue collar/relatable guy from NC. Come on man... you went to elitist Yale and Wake. Those two schools that cost a fortune to go to. Nothing blue collar about that.

I wouldn't vote for him, or anyone else that's never had a career where they cut their teeth proving themself, but I wish him well.

I don't have a problem with him playing to his time at State. Anybody that was following State back then knew his reasoning for going to Yale, knew his goal to go into politics, and expected him to come back to NC. I get the wanting politicians to cut their teeth in the real world though.

The State message board guys campaigning to get him in trouble with State and ESPN for showing his highlights because he likes Trump are clowns.
griff17matt
packgrad said:

They're just pissed Robert Gibbs didn't think to put together his soccer highlights first
Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

How did he get through an Ivy School without brainwashing!
How do you know he did? Every other sentence out of Pat McCrory's mouth is "conservative this" or "conservative that", yet only a moron would ever believe PatMac is anything but a RINO. Same could be true of Hines. That said, if he runs in the 4th as it's currently drawn and I was a resident, I'd vote for him if for no other reason than he's going up against two super-RINOs, Renee Ellmers and John Szoka.
mdreid
straight up grifter, piss of Bo, you aint one of us.
Ripper
mdreid said:

At least he's not a commie. That has to be worth something.
wolfman18
mdreid said:

I'm sure the people you voted for definitely aren't grifters either
ncsupack1
Best of luck to him. Had forgotten about him and Yale.
Oldsouljer
ncsupack1 said:

Best of luck to him. Had forgotten about him and Yale.
Yes, in his desire to achieve the right connections towards pursuing his future in politics, he may have strategically miscalculated by running off to the Ivy League, which these days appears to the average American to be simply a training ground for Globalists or Deep State bureaucrats. Had he stayed at State, he'd have had a better image as "home grown" and "one of us."
ncsualum05
mdreid said:

Aren't all politicians grifters now?

It's like watching WWE.
caryking
ncsualum05 said:

mdreid said:

Aren't all politicians grifters now?

It's like watching WWE.

I'll take a grifter as long as he is consistent with his beliefs. Sounds like Hines is of the America First (MAGA) agenda.

What we need, is for people like Mitch McConnell to be primaried right out of Kentucky!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
primary election day in NC
RedPooch33
Why is running here? He only lived here for a year, and just moved back to run for Congress.
statefan91
RedPooch33 said:

Why is running here? He only lived here for a year, and just moved back to run for Congress.
I assume he's running anywhere he thinks he can get elected.
mrcpack17
RedPooch33 said:

He district shopped. He originally filed to run in the 5th but I guess didn't think he could beat Foxx so he's giving the 13th a go.
PackFansXL
statefan91 said:

RedPooch33 said:

I assume he's running anywhere he thinks he can get elected.
Much like Hillary as a senator from NY, Romney as a senator from UT, and GWH Bush as POTUS from TX. They all moved their residence to suit their political needs.
statefan91
Wasn't Bush the TX Governor?
PackFansXL
statefan91 said:

W was the gov. HW, his dad, moved his official residence from Maine to TX before he ran for POTUS.
BBW12OG
PackFansXL said:

statefan91 said:

W was the gov. HW, his dad, moved his official residence from Maine to TX before he ran for POTUS.
Slow down... you don't want to confuse Comrade 91 with pesky facts... you know how the lefties roll.... if it doesn't meet their agenda needs it doesn't happen.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.