Olympics

15,781 Views | 200 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tootie4Pack
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79
Olympics
Games of the XXXIII Olympiad: Tokyo 2020
Softball
Gold Medal Game, Yokohama Baseball Stadium, Yokohama, Japan
Japan vs. United States NBCSN, 7 a.m.

Soccer
Women's Group E, Miyagi Stadium, Rifu, Japan
Chile vs. Japan Universo, 7 a.m.

Men's Group D, Miyagi Stadium, Rifu, Japan
Germany vs. Cte d'Ivoire NBCSN, 4 a.m. (Wednesday)

Men's Group D, Saitama Stadium, Saitama, Japan
Saudi Arabia vs. Brazil Universo, 4:30 a.m. (Wednesday)

Men's Group B, International Stadium Yokohama, Yokohama, Japan
Republic of Korea vs. Honduras Telemundo, 4:30 a.m. (Wednesday)

33 Basketball
Men's and Women's, Aomi Urban Sports Park, Tokyo, Japan
Quarterfinals USA Network, 8:30 a.m.
Women's Semifinal USA Network, 4 a.m. (Wednesday)
Men's Semifinal USA Network, 5:30 a.m. (Wednesday)

Beach Volleyball
Women's Pool C, Shiokaze Park-Centre Park, Tokyo, Japan
Agatha/Duda (Brazil) vs. Wang/X.Y. Xia (Communist China) NBCSN, 9:30 a.m.

Men's Pool C, Shiokaze Park-Centre Park, Tokyo, Japan
Gibb/Bourne (United States) vs. Heidrich/Gerson (Switzerland) USA Network, 8 p.m.

Table Tennis
Women's, Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium, Tokyo, Japan
Quarterfinals USA Network, 9 p.m.

Swimming
Men's and Women's, Tokyo Aquatics Centre, Tokyo, Japan
Finals: Women's 200m Freestyle, Men's 200m Butterfly, Women's 200m Individual Medley, Women's 1500m Freestyle, Men's 4x200m Freestyle Relay NBC, 9:30 p.m.
Qualifying Heats USA Network, 6 a.m. (Wednesday)

Tennis
Men's and Women's, Ariake Tennis Park, Tokyo, Japan
Men's Round of 16, Women's Singles and Doubles Quarterfinals, Men's Doubles Semifinals, Mixed Doubles 1st Round Olympic Channel, 10 p.m.
Men's Round of 16, Women's Singles and Doubles Quarterfinals, Men's Doubles Semifinals, Mixed Doubles 1st Round Olympic Channel, 2 a.m. (Thursday)

Volleyball
Men's Pool A, Ariake Arena, Tokyo, Japan
United States vs. Tunisia USA Network, 10 p.m.

Rugby Sevens
Men's, Tokyo Stadium, Tokyo, Japan
Semifinals USA Network, 11:30 p.m.
Bronze Medal and Gold Medal Matches USA Network, 4:30 a.m. (Wednesday)

Canoe Slalom
Qualifying, Kasai Canoe Slalom Centre, Tokyo, Japan
Women's Canoe and Men's Kayak Heats NBC, 9 p.m. PT/USA Network, 1 a.m. ET

Cycling
Men's, Fuji International Speedway, Oyama, Japan
Individual Time Trial CNBC, 1 a.m. (Wednesday)

Water Polo
Women's Group B, Tatsumi Water Polo Centre, Tokyo, Japan
Hungary vs. United States NBC, 1 a.m. (Wednesday)

Diving
Men's, Tokyo Aquatics Centre, Tokyo, Japan
Synchronized 3m Springboard Final USA Network, 2 a.m. (Wednesday)

Gymnastics
Men's, Ariake Gymnastics Centre, Tokyo, Japan
All-Around Final Peacock, 6:15 a.m. (Wednesday)

Olympics Special Recap Show Telemundo, 1 p.m.
Olympic Channel News Olympic Channel, 4 p.m.
Juegos Olmpicos Tokyo 2020: Edicin nocturna Telemundo, midnight

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Simone Biles just pulled out of the gymnastics team competition.
Wolfer79
Norgaard (7:53.50) and Ipsen (7:54.98) wrap up their first race of #Tokyo2020. We'll see them back in action later this week in the 1500 free!

statefan91
Wolfer79 said:

Wolfer79
packgrad
Wolfer79 said:

That's unfortunate. Good reason not to have to watch them tonight when my wife suggests it. Glad they still pulled out a silver.
packgrad
WarrenPeace
So Biles quit? Wow! American champions get weaker and weaker.
cowboypack02
If athletes are satisfied with a loss...why compete at all?

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-katie-ledecky-a-fiercely-competitive-goat-was-actually-satisfied-with-her-first-olympic-loss-123956623.html
statefan91
cowboypack02 said:

If athletes are satisfied with a loss...why compete at all?

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-katie-ledecky-a-fiercely-competitive-goat-was-actually-satisfied-with-her-first-olympic-loss-123956623.html
Probably because she swam as fast she possibly could, it looks like that was her 2nd fastest career time behind the World Record she (still) holds from the 2016 olympics.

She's probably satisfied that she did the best she could during the race and she just got beat. No shame in that and will likely motivate her to get back the top spot.
packwest
Kind of like playing golf. I might not win a tournament, but I'm playing against myself as much as I am the field.

Sure, she wants to win, but if she swam a damned good time then she's probably content that she didn't leave anything in the pool.
cowboypack02
bsorry11 said:

Kind of like playing golf. I might not win a tournament, but I'm playing against myself as much as I am the field.

Sure, she wants to win, but if she swam a damned good time then she's probably content that she didn't leave anything in the pool.
We obviously play golf differently...

When I am on the course I may not shoot my best game, but my goal is to beat the three other guys that I am playing with
packwest
cowboypack02 said:

bsorry11 said:

We obviously play golf differently...

When I am on the course I may not shoot my best game, but my goal is to beat the three other guys that I am playing with

Well, yeah, that's my goal too. I don't particularly enjoy losing. But there's a certain reality that if I play with a +1 handicap he's probably going to smoke me -- even if I play the best round of my life -- and I would be pumped if I shot a 75.
PackBacker07
Joke?
Y'all means ALL.
PackBacker07
Isn't she also swimming 10+ events? I mean damn, she'll win her fair share of gold.
Y'all means ALL.
WarrenPeace
PackBacker07 said:

Joke?

Not one bit. Quit on her team in the middle of a competition because it was hard. That's a quitter. That's not what American athletes stand for. I'd send her ass home if I was the coach.
packwest
PackBacker07 said:

Isn't she also swimming 10+ events? I mean damn, she'll win her fair share of gold.

Her schedule was brutal. Solid bounce back win tonight. One of the GOATs in women's swimming.
Wolfer79
Not bad for the first #Olympics final of Noe's career!

His 1:46.93 split helps Switzerland to a sixth-place finish and a new Swiss record of 7:06.12.

#GoPack // #OlympiansMadeHere

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Another #Tokyo2020 semifinal for @HanssonSophie! 2:23.82 to rank 12th out of the 200 breaststroke prelims.

Andrea Podmanikova also competes in this prelim, clocking in at 2:29.56 in her second individual race of the Olympics.

Wolfer79

Olympics
Games of the XXXII Olympiad: Tokyo 2020
Day 5
Soccer
Men's Group C, Saitama Stadium, Saitama, Japan
Spain vs. Argentina Universo, 7 p.m.

Men's Group A, International Stadium Yokohama, Yokohama, Japan
France vs. Japan NBCSN, 7:30 a.m.

Men's Group A, Sapporo Dome, Sapporo, Japan
South Africa vs. Mexico Telemundo, 7:30 a.m.

33 Basketball
Men's and Women's, Aomi Urban Sports Park, Tokyo, Japan
Bronze Medal Games and Gold Medal Games USA Network, 8:10 a.m.

Volleyball
Men's Pool B, Ariake Arena, Tokyo, Japan
Brazil vs. Russian Olympic Committee USA Network, 9:55 a.m.

Golf
Men's, Kasumigaseki Country Club, Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan
1st Round Golf Channel, 6:30 p.m.

Live From the Olympics Golf Channel, 5 p.m.
Live From the Olympics Golf Channel, 3 a.m. (Thursday)

Beach Volleyball
Women's Pool D, Shiokaze Park-Centre Court, Tokyo, Japan
Claes/Sponcil (United States) vs. Mahokha/Khadambi (Kenya) USA Network, 8 p.m.

Men's Pool D, Shiokaze Park-Centre Court, Tokyo, Japan
Lucena/Dalhausser (United States) vs. Azaad/Capogrosso USA Network, midnight

Men's Pool D, Shiokaze Park-Centre Court, Tokyo, Japan
Krasilnikov/Stoyankovskly (Russian Olympic Committee) vs. Plavins/Tocs (Latvia) NBCSN, 4 a.m. (Thursday)

Rugby Sevens
Women's Pool C, Tokyo Stadium, Tokyo, Japan
United States vs. Communist China USA Network, 9 p.m.

Women's Pool B, Tokyo Stadium, Tokyo, Japan
Canada vs. Fiji USA Network, 3:30 a.m. (Thursday)

Swimming
Men's and Women's, Tokyo Aquatics Centre, Tokyo, Japan
Finals: Men's 800m Freestyle, Women's 200m Butterfly, Men's 100m Freestyle, Women's 4200 Freestyle Relay NBC, 9:30 p.m.

Tennis
Men's and Women's, Ariake Tennis Park, Tokyo, Japan
Men's Singles and Mixed Doubles Quarterfinals/Women's Singles and Doubles Semifinals Olympic Channel, 10 p.m.
Men's Singles and Mixed Doubles Quarterfinals/Women's Singles and Doubles Semifinals Olympic Channel, 2 a.m. (Thursday)

Water Polo
Men's Group A, Tatsumi Water Polo Centre, Tokyo, Japan
United States vs. Italy USA Network, 1 a.m. (Thursday)

Canoe Slalom
Women's, Kasai Canoe Slalom Centre, Tokyo, Japan
Canoe Semifinal and Final USA Network, 2:10 a.m. (Thursday)

Badminton
Men's and Women's, Musashino Forest Sport Plaza, Tokyo, Japan
Mixed Doubles Semifinals, Men's Doubles Quarterfinals, Women's Round of 16 NBCSN, 5 a.m. (Thursday)

Fencing
Women's, Makuhari Messe B Final Piste, Tokyo, Japan
Foil Team Bronze Medal Match and Gold Medal Match NBCSN, 5:30 a.m. (Thursday)

Juegos Olmpicos de Tokyo 2020: Recap Telemundo, 1 p.m.
Olympic Channel News Olympic Channel, 4 p.m.
Juegos Olmpicos Tokyo 2020: Edicin nocturna Telemundo, midnight
Wolfer79
Our three-time Olympian goes 1:58.84 in the 200 IM prelims. Proud of you, Andreas!

statefan91
bsorry11 said:

PackBacker07 said:

Her schedule was brutal. Solid bounce back win tonight. One of the GOATs in women's swimming.
Ledecky came back with a gold in the first ever 1500m:

WarrenPeace
packgrad
WarrenPeace said:

PackBacker07 said:

Joke?

Not one bit. Quit on her team in the middle of a competition because it was hard. That's a quitter. That's not what American athletes stand for. I'd send her ass home if I was the coach.
She's being taken to task a bit more today. Moreso, the people calling her quitting "heroic" are being taken to task. The woke destroy everything.
cowboypack02
packgrad said:

WarrenPeace said:

PackBacker07 said:

Joke?

She's being taken to task a bit more today. Moreso, the people calling her quitting "heroic" are being taken to task. The woke destroy everything.
I've been thinking about it and reading the social media behind it.

Someone made several good points about male athletes that have "quit" over the last few years and the way they were treated vs. how the gymnast was treated earlier this week.

The point was made that Jay Cutler got absolutely hammered when he was hurt and couldn't come back into the game during, same with Lebron James when he "quit" during the NBA finals when he was losing a few years ago. Imagine Pete Mahomes deciding during the last super bowl that he just couldn't go any more because he was mentally beat during the second half of the Super Bowl last year. Mahomes would be criticized for the rest of his life for doing that. Why shouldn't Biles treated the same way?

Biles has gone so far as to have a goat on her uniform. If she claims to be the "greatest of all time" then she can't just quit because she is having a bad showing.

The truth is that every single athlete there is going through the same thing that she is there in the Olympics but she quit. That was on her and if she was a guy she would of gotten absolutely raked across the coals for it.

She sucked and then she quit....that's the story....

Pakbackr
I have very mixed emotions for Simone Biles. While I feel for anyone who has a mental breakdown...and I wonder if that is what has happened...I don't get the glorification and comments that this solidifies her as the GOAT in women's gymnastics. GOATS don't quit and leave their team's in a worse position because of it. If she was struggling mentally, she should have backed away earlier to allow someone else a shot. Have you ever in your life witnessed anyone anointed the GOAT, just up and quit? Michael Jordon, Michael Phelps, Tom Brady, David Thompson, Tiger Woods...I'm sure you could add to the list. You just don't quit!
statefan91
Yeah, I feel bad for her but can't square that with quitting on your team and yourself.

Can you imagine if an NFL QB quit on his team during the Super Bowl?
GuerrillaPack
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Civilized
Are you guys intentionally ignoring her past, protracted sexual abuse by Larry Nassar?

Or do you not know that she was molested for multiple childhood and teenage years by a trusted gymnastics authority figure?

You think the resulting PTSD/trauma that I'm sure impacts her and others on a daily basis played a key role in her withdrawing from this comp?

It's so gross that anyone would know what she went through, and how she has still crushed it in her sport including as an gold medal-winning Olympian, and blast her for having ch|nks in her mental health armor.

I'm really hoping people taking that stance, and/or comparing her to other athletes that weren't sexually abused for years as children while playing their sport, just don't know about her history.
packgrad
Civilized said:

Are you guys intentionally ignoring her past, protracted sexual abuse by Larry Nassar?

Or do you not know that she was molested for multiple childhood and teenage years by a trusted gymnastics authority figure?

You think the resulting PTSD/trauma that I'm sure impacts her and others on a daily basis played a key role in her withdrawing from this comp?

It's so gross that anyone would know what she went through, and how she has still crushed it in her sport including as an gold medal-winning Olympian, and blast her for having ch|nks in her mental health armor.

I'm really hoping people taking that stance, and/or comparing her to other athletes that weren't sexually abused for years as children while playing their sport, just don't know about her history.

The woke ruin everything.

No, I don't think the PTSD had anything to do with her withdrawal. Not surprised you do though. You probably think her quitting is heroic.
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

I'm pretty sure that she has competed in at least one Olympics since the sexual abuse that the experienced.

Here is my question to you and to anyone that says that she stopped competing because of mental issues....do you think that she would of quit if she had of finished first instead of last in the event that she competed in before she dropped out? I think if we are being honest with each other the answer to that question is no
packgrad

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.