Olympics

15,573 Views | 200 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tootie4Pack
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

Guess I earned what's coming for that post.
Hey Glass... we give you all kinds of crap; but, we still like you...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
dogplasma
Packchem91 said:

dogplasma said:

Elliot Kipchoge wins the men's marathon for the second Olympics in a row. Dude ran a sub-five mile from 25 to 26. All the leaders average close to a five minute mile for the whole race. These guys are insane athletes. I'm in awe.

It's absurdly ridiculous. And really, it's difficult to appreciate how fast they are running on open streets. If they were instead on a track, at a 4:50 mile, you'd see how much they are hoofing it to make that pace.
I can't even begin to imagine how those guys get to the point of doing 26 miles like that (I'd be impressed with one mile like that!!)
I couldn't run a single five minute mile if you juiced my briefs with a thousand volts and promised me a million dollars. Basically any world class athlete makes it look so easy. The Chinese platform divers won gold and silver and I don't think they ever made a splash.
Glasswolf
caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

Guess I earned what's coming for that post.
Hey Glass... we give you all kinds of crap; but, we still like you...
Appreciate that. I like all of you. Someday maybe can enjoy a glass of tea together
Wolfer79
Olympics
Games of the XXXII Olympiad: Tokyo 2020
Day 16
Closing Ceremony, Olympic Stadium, Tokyo, Japan
Live Stream Peacock, 7 a.m.
Primetime Replay NBC, 8 p.m.
Adios Tokyo Telemundo, 1 p.m.
Olympic Channel News Olympic Channel, 2 p.m.
Tokyo Gold NBC, 7 p.m.
Juegos Olmpicos Tokyo 2020: Edicin nocturna (finale) Telemundo, midnight
TraCha4
USA!!!!!!
dogplasma
Heads up: Breakdancing . . . yes BREAKDANCING . . . will make its Olympic debut in Paris in 2024!

Children of the 80s salute!
Wolfer79
packwest
I wondered aloud last night during the closing ceremonies:

In 1985, do you think that Terry Gannon would have pictured himself standing in Japan for the closing Olympic ceremonies with no spectators present beside some dude dressed like Johnny Weir?
IseWolf22
dogplasma said:

Packchem91 said:

dogplasma said:

Elliot Kipchoge wins the men's marathon for the second Olympics in a row. Dude ran a sub-five mile from 25 to 26. All the leaders average close to a five minute mile for the whole race. These guys are insane athletes. I'm in awe.

It's absurdly ridiculous. And really, it's difficult to appreciate how fast they are running on open streets. If they were instead on a track, at a 4:50 mile, you'd see how much they are hoofing it to make that pace.
I can't even begin to imagine how those guys get to the point of doing 26 miles like that (I'd be impressed with one mile like that!!)
I couldn't run a single five minute mile if you juiced my briefs with a thousand volts and promised me a million dollars. Basically any world class athlete makes it look so easy. The Chinese platform divers won gold and silver and I don't think they ever made a splash.
My last year of high school cross country I managed a 5:10 mile. But once you start stretching that out to 3+ miles, times drop sharply.
Keeping that pace up for 26 is absolutely insane.
statefan91
dogplasma
IseWolf22 said:

dogplasma said:

Packchem91 said:

dogplasma said:

My last year of high school cross country I managed a 5:10 mile. But once you start stretching that out to 3+ miles, times drop sharply.
Keeping that pace up for 26 is absolutely insane.
5:10 is damn near superhuman as far as I'm concerned. What planet are you from originally?
Civilized
caryking
Civ is speechless

Joe Biden
cowboypack02
caryking said:

Civ is speechless
first time for everything?
dogplasma
Lol - Better send someone over for a wellness check!
Civilized
Y'all aren't that lucky
caryking
Civilized said:

Y'all aren't that lucky
That's good Civ...

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Polish javelinist Maria Andrejczyk auctioned her #Tokyo2020 silver medal for $125k USD to help send 8-month-old Mioszek Maysa to Stanford University for heart surgery

abka, a chain of Polish supermarkets, submitted the winning bid before giving the medal back to Andrejczyk https://t.co/NLjX9RgjGO
PackFansXL
Wolfer79 said:

Polish javelinist Maria Andrejczyk auctioned her #Tokyo2020 silver medal for $125k USD to help send 8-month-old Mioszek Maysa to Stanford University for heart surgery

abka, a chain of Polish supermarkets, submitted the winning bid before giving the medal back to Andrejczyk https://t.co/NLjX9RgjGO
Nicely done, Maria! Get well soon, Mioszek.
Civilized
PackFansXL said:

Wolfer79 said:

Nicely done, Maria! Get well soon, Mioszek.

Now that's a feel good story.

We'll done!
Tootie4Pack
I had the honor of being part of a ceremony honoring Gold medalist Randolph Ross in Garner last night.

https://abc11.com/randolph-ross-garner-gold-medal-day/11006496/
PackFansXL
Very cool!

Tie or no tie?
Tootie4Pack
PackFansXL said:

Very cool!

Tie or no tie?

No tie last night.

People sometimes forget that he also won the NCAA T&F Outdoor 440 championship this Spring too.
PackFansXL
He's very gifted. I'm sure that was a cool experience.
Bell Tower Grey
Tootie4Pack said:

PackFansXL said:

Very cool!

Tie or no tie?

No tie last night.

People sometimes forget that he also won the NCAA T&F Outdoor 440 championship this Spring too.
Awesome. Good on the town to honor him. Hopefully, he'll get that next run and more gold.
Tootie4Pack
He is planning to train and try out for a run in the 2024 Olympics.

The Town also plans to honor him with a placard on top of our Welcome to Garner signs that we
have along Hwy. 70 (2 signs) and also on Hwy 50. Seeing a gold medal up close and personal was
pretty dad gum cool.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.