Weird news thread

9,961 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Werewolf
bigeric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

She knew he failed his classes, but he was still advancing to the next grade so he must have been doing well enough. Lol. We should really consider castrating people. Without a doubt, the school system failed the child as well, but the child was 100% failed by a **** mother.
Either that, or we need to figure out how to qualify people BEFORE they vote.
Why is voting so sacrosanct there are NO qualifications?

Just breathe.
Bell Tower Grey
The preacher is bringing the word:

MALDEN, Mo. (WTVO) A pastor from Missouri is in professional counseling after many people are saying he gave a sexist sermon.

A viral video shows Pastor Stewart-Allen Clark preaching on the importance of wives pleasing their husbands and 'not letting themselves go.'
"Now look, I'm not saying that every woman can be the epic trophy wife of all time like Melania Trump," he said. "Most women can't be trophy wivesbut maybe a participation trophy. All I can say is not everybody looks like that, Amen? But you don't need to look like a butch either!"
"Men want their wives to look good at home and in public, can I get an Amen?"
"God made men to be drawn to beautiful women. We are made this way. We can't help ourselves."
Pastor Clark "thanked God" for makeup and suggested women should seek advice from their husbands on what looks good.
"It's important that he thinks you're hot! It's important because he's going to look, and you want him looking at you."

https://www.cbs17.com/news/missouri-pastor-on-leave-after-sexist-sermon-saying-wives-should-lose-weight-to-look-like-melania-trump/
bigeric
Don't remember exactly when, but in the neighborhood of 15/20 yrs ago, my wife and I attended a local city's day. A really good-looking woman walked by. My wife remarked if whether or not I was going to look at every woman walking by.

My response: "When I stop looking at beautiful women will be the day I stop looking at YOU."

Haven't had the complaint since then.
Wolfer79
A rare yellow cardinal has been spotted in Illinois and there's a less than one-in-a-million chance to see one, expert says

bigeric
Wow. Cardinals are getting diverse.
Wolfer79

Homer, the Charlotte Knights' dragon mascot, breathes fire. On Tuesday, he helped put one out.

"It was a wild afternoon, certainly not what we were expecting," said Knights entertainment coordinator Nick Farmer, one of Homer's most trusted companions.

"I was coming back from lunch and saw Homer putting out a fire. Like, 'What is happening?'" added Knight vice president of communications Tommy Viola, the amazement still evident in his voice.

Homer's heroics resulted in a far-from-typical Tuesday for the Knights, who have served as the Triple-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox since 1999.

"We were in the team store shooting a video, just cutting some different promos for merch we wanted to highlight this season on the videoboard," said Farmer. "We had a bunch of staff members in the store modeling different outfits. They went back to work and it was Homer's turn to model. But then Elijah [Saint Blancard], the manager of the team store, looks out the window and yells 'There's a fire!' Elijah has a fun personality, we thought he was fooling with us, but then we looked through the blinds. Okay, there's a fire and it's pretty big!"

The fire in question was emanating from a public park flower bed located across the street from the Knights' downtown Charlotte home of Truist Field.

"There was a [good Samaritan] out there who had just pulled over, and he was hitting it with his fire extinguisher," said Farmer. "But his extinguisher ran out of juice and the fire was still going. So Eiljah handed an extinguisher to Homer, who pulled the pin, ran out there and started going after it. People are eating lunch, having a picnic in the park, and they're pulling out their phones taking video of a dragon putting out a fire.

"Soon [Charlotte Fire Department's] Station 4 Engine 4 rolls out, sirens blaring. They came out of the truck with the biggest smiles on their faces, seeing Homer fighting it by himself. They pulled out the hose, got it set up, and go up to Homer. 'You want to do it?' He emphatically nodded yes, grabbed the hose, cranked it up and put out the fire. He did it singlehandedly. ... Well, along with the support of the fine gentlemen of Station 4 Engine 4."

"Funny thing is, he's a fire-breathing dragon and yet he was out there fighting fire," added Viola.

"The irony of the situation is pretty hilarious," concluded Farmer. "I think he was in his element. He knew just what to do. If anybody was prepared for this situation, it's Homer. He's walking around the office wearing a fire hat now. He thinks he's pretty special."

Homer, who does not speak on account of being a dragon, issued a statement regarding his heroic exploits: "I'm so thankful for the brave citizen that started putting the fire out, those that called 911, and the Engine 4 crew! It was an honor to protect and serve the neighborhood and city that I love."

Farmer said that Homer hopes to soon visit the firefighters who assisted in him in putting out Tuesday's would-be conflagration. A career change is out of the question, however.

"The opportunity to slide down the big pole is tempting, but his duties are best served here at the ballpark," said Farmer.

cowboypack02
Wolfer79 said:

I heard this advertised on espn Baseball Tonight podcast.

I thought it was a joke
I was wrong

https://www.manscaped.com/

Experience The Best Men's Grooming Brand For Below The Waist Hygiene! Everything You Need For A Simple And Effective Manscaping Routine.

I saw those commercials with Gronk. It was funny
Wolfer79
cowboypack02 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I thought it was a joke
I was wrong

Experience The Best Men's Grooming Brand For Below The Waist Hygiene! Everything You Need For A Simple And Effective Manscaping Routine.

nothing funny about sharp objects near your man parts
cowboypack02
Wolfer79 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I thought it was a joke
I was wrong

nothing funny about sharp objects near your man parts
Guess it depends on how much you trust the woman taking care of the manscaping!
Wolfer79
SexualChocolate
https://www.fox5dc.com/news/2-million-bounty-placed-on-bigfoot-in-oklahoma-town-must-be-captured-alive-and-unharmed
Wolfer79
cowboypack02 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I thought it was a joke
I was wrong

new Baseball Tonight podcast commercial
talks about "the situation in your dugout "
"is there anything better than the freshly mowed grass on opening day"
"strike out your bush for good"
20% off with code BASEBALLS
Bell Tower Grey
Didn't know where else to post it. Weird because - WHY is a 6 year old child out in the road at 11:00 pm to begin with? Sad all the way around in so many ways. Still, why?

by: CBS 17 Digital Desk
Posted: Mar 24, 2021 / 02:10 PM EDT / Updated: Mar 24, 2021 / 07:10 PM EDT

GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) A 6-year-old boy was killed in a hit and run late Tuesday near Garner, the Highway Patrol confirmed Wednesday afternoon.
According to the sheriff's office, deputies responded to Benson Road near JR Drive just before 11 p.m. "after a little boy was found lying in the road."
The boy, later identified as Fred Lamont Woodard Jr., was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead, officials said.
cowboypack02
Bell Tower Grey said:

Didn't know where else to post it. Weird because - WHY is a 6 year old child out in the road at 11:00 pm to begin with? Sad all the way around in so many ways. Still, why?

by: CBS 17 Digital Desk
Posted: Mar 24, 2021 / 02:10 PM EDT / Updated: Mar 24, 2021 / 07:10 PM EDT

GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) A 6-year-old boy was killed in a hit and run late Tuesday near Garner, the Highway Patrol confirmed Wednesday afternoon.
According to the sheriff's office, deputies responded to Benson Road near JR Drive just before 11 p.m. "after a little boy was found lying in the road."
The boy, later identified as Fred Lamont Woodard Jr., was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead, officials said.
This breaks my heart
ncsualum05
Wolfer79 said:

A rare yellow cardinal has been spotted in Illinois and there's a less than one-in-a-million chance to see one, expert says

Someone should get fired over this. How insensitive... it's Asian American cardinal.
Wolfer79
ncsualum05 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Someone should get fired over this. How insensitive... it's Asian American cardinal.

you are someone
Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

Someone steal TA's vomit bucket and he's on a rampage?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
packgrad
Bell Tower Grey
https://www.wnct.com/news/offbeat-and-unique/two-women-tried-to-spend-1-million-bill-at-dollar-general-store/

MARYVILLE, Tenn. (NEXSTAR) Two women were caught trying to spend a fake $1 million bill at a Tennessee Dollar General store earlier this month, according to The Daily Times.

An employee of the discount store in Marysville reported April 5 that the women tried to use the counterfeit fortune to purchase several gift cards.
Tootie4Pack
"Stupid is as Stupid does"........Forest Gump
cowboypack02
Wolfer79 said:

Dude has seen one too many Fast and Furious movies
Wolfer79
cowboypack02 said:

Wolfer79 said:

bet I can make it.

what you think?
cowboypack02
Wolfer79 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Wolfer79 said:

bet I can make it.

what you think?
lol...you can have it
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Wolfer79 said:

bet I can make it.

what you think?
Probably someone "texting while driving" and looking up too late... I passed a woman coming the other direction just yesterday on a new state of the art bridge with a curve in the middle of it, that was looking down texting the entire time I could see her.
Wolfer79
bigeric
From the moisture on the dash, the turtle likely had the piss scared out of him.
Wolfer79
from a minister friend

Burial request. An elderly woman died last month. Having never married, she requested no male pall bearers. In her handwritten note for her memorial service, she wrote, "they wouldn't take me out while I was alive; I don't want them to take me out when I'm dead."
WPNfamily
Wolfer79 said:

I have had to crap so bad before that if it was my pants or the drawbridge I would look like the Dukes of Hazard!
Wolfer79
IseWolf22 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I thought it was a joke
I was wrong

They were playing TV ads over the holidays. Watching my In-laws horrified faces was hilarious

GuerrillaPack
Didn't want to start a new thread on this, so figured this thread works...

It looks like around 100 people are feared to be dead in this high-rise apartment building that just collapsed in south Florida. They are not telling us what caused it, but this eyewitness has some VERY interesting info. He says he felt the ground shake accompanied by a very loud sound "like thunder", then it happened again about 30 seconds to a minute later, with another ground shake and even louder sound.

From videos of the collapse, this building collapsed in about 10 seconds.

This indicates to me that something (possibly explosives) shook the ground prior to the collapse. The second ground shake and sound may have been when the building collapsed (possibly also triggered by explosives). So maybe two explosions...the first weakening the structure, then another 30-60 seconds later.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.