The Biden Administration

432,994 Views | 5465 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by James Henderson
Steve Videtich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

This guy is really gets it. Instead of coming up with a plan to help with the average $30 extra families are paying for gas every month, just spend $55k on a new electric vehicle! But not a Tesla, because they are not union and you won't get the tax break!

That's great advice coming from the establishment group that are heavily invested in electric car companies and the Bidens who are heavily invested in China's success.
caryking
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

This guy is really gets it. Instead of coming up with a plan to help with the average $30 extra families are paying for gas every month, just spend $55k on a new electric vehicle! But not a Tesla, because they are not union and you won't get the tax break!

That's great advice coming from the establishment group that are heavily invested in electric car companies and the Bidens who are heavily invested in China's success.

Yea, where are we getting those batteries?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
WarrenPeace
caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
Civilized
caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

You can question Buttigieg's messaging and Washington's connections to China till the cows come home.

But do you really believe that the transition to EV's is imprudent given the totality of the circumstances?
Steve Videtich
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

You can question Buttigieg's messaging and Washington's connections to China till the cows come home.

But do you really believe that the transition to EV's is imprudent given the totality of the circumstances?

I'm probably asking for trouble. But, what circumstances are you speaking of?
Civilized
Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

All the benefits and drawbacks of electric vehicles relative to gas vehicles.
Steve Videtich
Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

That's fairly vague...but my issue with this entire discussion is that they're trying to force the issue by cutting off one source of energy before renewable energy is even really close to manageable and efficient. I agree that we should try and move toward renewables, but the technology hasn't gotten to where it's even close to workable.

If you compare the average cost of buying a new gas car, which is around $36k and an electric car at around $54k, you're comparing a monthly payment of about $549 versus $823. Even at today's gas prices, you're spending only $160-$200 per month. That's still less than paying for an electric car. Also, the electricity has to still be produced somehow.

You just can't force the issue without the solution being serviceable.
TheStorm
The solution is definitely not serviceable.
caryking
I say we build a bunch of coal facilities to power the grids that will be needed for all these new electric stations...

That's exactly what China is doing for their consumption needs! Coal... it's the new future...

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
Electric cars make more sense if we stop listening to the Sierra Club anti-nuke activists. Nuclear power is better than relying on coal. We certainly can't survive on wind and solar.
caryking
PackFansXL said:

Electric cars make more sense if we stop listening to the Sierra Club anti-nuke activists. Nuclear power is better than relying on coal. We certainly can't survive on wind and solar.
Nuclear is supposed to be the most efficient power available.

Joe Biden
Civilized
Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

That's fairly vague...but my issue with this entire discussion is that they're trying to force the issue by cutting off one source of energy before renewable energy is even really close to manageable and efficient. I agree that we should try and move toward renewables, but the technology hasn't gotten to where it's even close to workable.

If you compare the average cost of buying a new gas car, which is around $36k and an electric car at around $54k, you're comparing a monthly payment of about $549 versus $823. Even at today's gas prices, you're spending only $160-$200 per month. That's still less than paying for an electric car. Also, the electricity has to still be produced somehow.

What source of energy is being cut off, and how?

Most new-car buyers aren't typically considering a $36k gas car or a $54k electric. There are a bunch of sub-$40k EV's on the market now.

They're considering a new car, have $30k-$40k to spend on one, and are comparing gas and electric vehicles in that price range knowing that they'll pay more for electric but may get a nice tax credit that draws the cost of the EV in line with a relatively comparable gas model and then get to experience much lower maintenance and energy costs over the life of the car.
packgrad
Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Most new-car buyers aren't typically considering a $36k gas car or a $54k electric. There are a bunch of sub-$40k EV's on the market now.

They're considering a new car, have $30k-$40k to spend on one, and are comparing gas and electric vehicles in that price range knowing that they'll pay more for electric but may get a nice tax credit that draws the cost of the EV in line with a relatively comparable gas model and then get to experience much lower maintenance and energy costs over the life of the car.

Lol. What a bubble you live in.
Steve Videtich
Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

I knew I shouldn't have bothered. Stop being wilfully ignorant. You know the Keystone pipeline was shut down. Also, the Michigan pipeline is being considered for shutdown. As well, all permits for exploration of new oil and natural gas sources are shut down.

My numbers were based on average, but I guess you know what the public is doing. The math is still not there based on the numbers. Not to mention the limited life of the batteries doesn't work for many people that rely on their cars. Also, by allowing China to corner the market on batteries, do you think the prices for these are going to come down or go up? What about all the parts to fix these cars? Again China control.

We had control of our destiny with oil and gas, and potential for rare earth materials. But, we've handed that off to the rest of the world. So, how does that set up the US for coming years? Not looking good!
Steve Videtich
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Ignorance is bliss!
packgrad
Steve Videtich said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Ignorance is bliss!
No doubt. Most people considering a 35-40k car "knowing that they'll pay more for electric but may get a nice tax credit that draws the cost of the EV in line with a relatively comparable gas model and then get to experience much lower maintenance and energy costs over the life of the car", will still buy a gas model. As in 97% of new car sales in NA in first half of 2021. Now, as long as leftists governments continue to mandate that gas vehicles no longer be produced, that number will of course increase. But it is not because most new car buyers are choosing electric over gas. The numbers CLEARLY show that is not the case.
Civilized
Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

I knew I shouldn't have bothered. Stop being wilfully ignorant. You know the Keystone pipeline was shut down. Also, the Michigan pipeline is being considered for shutdown. As well, all permits for exploration of new oil and natural gas sources are shut down.

My numbers were based on average, but I guess you know what the public is doing. The math is still not there based on the numbers. Not to mention the limited life of the batteries doesn't work for many people that rely on their cars. Also, by allowing China to corner the market on batteries, do you think the prices for these are going to come down or go up? What about all the parts to fix these cars? Again China control.

We had control of our destiny with oil and gas, and potential for rare earth materials. But, we've handed that off to the rest of the world. So, how does that set up the US for coming years? Not looking good!

Stop being willfully misleading.

Biden didn't "shut down" the Keystone pipeline. That makes it sound like it was operational. He pulled the Keystone permit for a project that was in development. That move had no effect on existing production.

He didn't stop new exploration either, he put a moratorium on new leasing of federal land for oil exploration and development. And several months later, an inunction was granted that paused that moratorium.

He also didn't shut down "all permits for exploration of new oil and gas." There have been more permits issued by BLM this year than last year.

Irrespective of the moratorium injunction status, there are currently 40 million on- and offshore acres under existing leases that can be explored. And even if the moratorium injunction is eventually lifted, the moratorium only impacts new leases on federal lands, and federal lands only account for 25 percent of our current domestic production.

We have the capacity to produce lots of conventional oil and gas energy for the foreseeable future. The spigot isn't getting cut off suddenly and dramatically.
hokiewolf
This guy!

Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Steve Videtich
Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Stop being willfully misleading.

Biden didn't "shut down" the Keystone pipeline. That makes it sound like it was operational. He pulled the Keystone permit for a project that was in development. That move had no effect on existing production.

He didn't stop new exploration either, he put a moratorium on new leasing of federal land for oil exploration and development. And several months later, an inunction was granted that paused that moratorium.

He also didn't shut down "all permits for exploration of new oil and gas." There have been more permits issued by BLM this year than last year.

Irrespective of the moratorium injunction status, there are currently 40 million on- and offshore acres under existing leases that can be explored. And even if the moratorium injunction is eventually lifted, the moratorium only impacts new leases on federal lands, and federal lands only account for 25 percent of our current domestic production.

We have the capacity to produce lots of conventional oil and gas energy for the foreseeable future. The spigot isn't getting cut off suddenly and dramatically.

I didn't say our entire source had been cut off. I gave you an example of a source that was cut off. Whether currently operational or not, it still has an effect on pricing and futures.

If there is so much potential production within the US, why is he begging OPEC to up production and then reaching into our own emergency supply? Squeezing the spigot is only the beginning of what they're trying to do, to ultimately kill it.
caryking
I don't really care what kind of car anyone buys. If you like electric, go for it. Now, I do care about the supply chain for goods. Too many parts, of a car, are manufactured in China. Now, add in the battery and we will have a mess on our hands.

Additionally, our Federal government squeezing the market, with incentives, is a bad idea. The people applauding and/or taking advantage of these incentives will be the same people *****ing about the rich paying their fair share. An incentive is an incentive, isn't it?

Where does this all end? China owns all of the rare earth materials now. How much longer is going to take for the US to be subservient to China?

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Yes, and with the kind of climate change I'm looking at, I.e., a Maunder solar minimum bringing maybe two decades of colder winters, those fossil fuels are going to be sorely needed.
RunsWithWolves26
When are the colder winters coming?
Oldsouljer
Supposedly, the cycle started in 2020. For awhile NASA was talking about it, but they keep changing their position as often as the CDC changes theirs, probably for the same reason, it doesn't suit someone's narrative.
Steve Videtich
Oldsouljer said:

Supposedly, the cycle started in 2020. For awhile NASA was talking about it, but they keep changing their position as often as the CDC changes theirs, probably for the same reason, it doesn't suit someone's narrative.

There also studies that show the planet goes through a cycle roughly every 15,000 years. In this cycle, there is a steady climb in average temperature for about 10,000 to 12,000 years, followed by a sharp drop over 3,000 to 5,000 years. We are currently near the top of that climb, with a steep drop coming within the next 1,000 years.

That's what science says!
WPNfamily
Steve Videtich said:

Oldsouljer said:

There also studies that show the planet goes through a cycle roughly every 15,000 years. In this cycle, there is a steady climb in average temperature for about 10,000 to 12,000 years, followed by a sharp drop over 3,000 to 5,000 years. We are currently near the top of that climb, with a steep drop coming within the next 1,000 years.

I just want State to win a natty in football or basketball before I push up daisies. I can't even fathom the cold front in 1,000 years.
Oldsouljer
WPNfamily said:

Steve Videtich said:

Oldsouljer said:

I just want State to win a natty in football or basketball before I push up daisies. I can't even fathom the cold front in 1,000 years.
Hey! Because of these cycles, the Sahara will be green again in 3-5 kilo years. I'd say that's worth getting excited about!
Steve Videtich
WPNfamily said:

Steve Videtich said:

Oldsouljer said:

Me and you both! I wish there was some science that could forecast Wolfpack football and basketball.
WPNfamily
Steve Videtich said:

WPNfamily said:

Steve Videtich said:

Oldsouljer said:

Me and you both! I wish there was some science that could forecast Wolfpack football and basketball.
unfortunately science tells me it wont happen but my hearts says otherwise!
Steve Videtich
WPNfamily said:

Steve Videtich said:

WPNfamily said:

Steve Videtich said:

Oldsouljer said:

unfortunately science tells me it wont happen but my hearts says otherwise!

Stick with your heart. The lack of hope gets the daisies here sooner!
82TxPackFan
PackFansXL said:

Wonder how long it will take to build the nuclear power plants needed to provide the power for all the electric cars that will be built.
caryking
82TxPackFan said:

PackFansXL said:

Wonder how long it will take to build the nuclear power plants needed to provide the power for all the electric cars that will be built.
I'm sure the next push will be to build electric power plants to power the grids that powers the electric pumping stations...

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

82TxPackFan said:

PackFansXL said:

I'm sure the next push will be to build electric power plants to power the grids that powers the electric pumping stations...
Science!
hokiewolf
caryking said:

82TxPackFan said:

PackFansXL said:

Clean energy man! Solar and wind is going to get us that power! And solar is so clean thanks to all the rare earth mining in China!
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Werewolf
Biden's to continue education policies of Clinton, Bush & Obama

Biden wishes to continue Clinton, Bush and Obama Dept of Education policies. This video should be fairly representative of continued results.

#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
ncsualum05
New technologies should develop and eventually replace old through the natural course of innovation and business models. They should not be pushed by corrupt governments who want to pound the drum on "climate and energy" when it's really about oppression of people, picking winners, and enriching themselves.
First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 157

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.