The Biden Administration

433,362 Views | 5465 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by James Henderson
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

IseWolf22 said:

hokiewolf said:

Pretty exciting this is going to pass with zero debate.

Who are the fascists now?? I think it's the ones who wear tax the rich dresses at events only the wealthy and political attend while passing bills that actually punish the middle class.
This is being sold under the guise of auditing wealthy people and criminals. But I feel like it's much more likely they are just going to bust a bunch of lower income people taking side jobs off the payroll, not reporting tips, etc. And then there are the privacy and surveillance concerns. I know someone will sue, but I have no idea how SCOTUS would land on this
yep, it'll turn the avg American into a tax evader all in the guise that the govt needs more revenue.

Cryptocurrency is going to be even bigger than it is. Watch, they will screw it up as well…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
IseWolf22 said:

Keep on building that imaginary cross you've got going

Funny you use that meme considering your background....Pretty sure you enjoyed it right? Now imagine if that would have been anti-Hamas.. you'd damn sure take offense to that wouldn't you? Bet you hated the depiction of Muhammad that "caused" the Benghazi bombings....

Glad you always bring such informative posts to the discussion. You and your buddy both have an obsession with me. You should get a room. I hear he's got several businesses and moderates 3-4 boards... maybe you can be his protege' and he can teach you how to pat yourself on the back 24-7, tell everyone how "awesome" you are and all the while claim to be "helping out.."

We all know people like that... they can't get two sentences completed before they tell you how "tough" they have it all the while doing NOTHING but self-aggrandizing.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Glasswolf
BBW12OG said:

IseWolf22 said:

Funny you use that meme considering your background....Pretty sure you enjoyed it right? Now imagine if that would have been anti-Hamas.. you'd damn sure take offense to that wouldn't you? Bet you hated the depiction of Muhammad that "caused" the Benghazi bombings....

Glad you always bring such informative posts to the discussion. You and your buddy both have an obsession with me. You should get a room. I hear he's got several businesses and moderates 3-4 boards... maybe you can be his protege' and he can teach you how to pat yourself on the back 24-7, tell everyone how "awesome" you are and all the while claim to be "helping out.."

We all know people like that... they can't get two sentences completed before they tell you how "tough" they have it all the while doing NOTHING but self-aggrandizing.
You can mock my helping on suicide prevention lines and helping with substance abuse all you want. Maybe you'd like to try it sometimes. Most times the people that help with these things fail much more than they succeed. Thanks to your childish outlook on these things so many people do to maybe save one life, just one life I deleted my thread about suicide prevention. It wasn't worth you chiming in and giving you another avenue to mock these people.

And the reason I do this is because I lost my sister in 1994 do to suicide because she was an alcoholic. I am now 20 months sober thanks to someone reaching out to me and stopping me from choosing that same path.

You may be very wise when it comes to politics and your beliefs, but you are a pathetic person in my eyes
BBW12OG
Glasswolf said:

BBW12OG said:

IseWolf22 said:

You can mock my helping on suicide prevention lines and helping with substance abuse all you want. Maybe you'd like to try it sometimes. Most times the people that help with these things fail much more than they succeed. Thanks to your childish outlook on these things so many people do to maybe save one life, just one life I deleted my thread about suicide prevention. It wasn't worth you chiming in and giving you another avenue to mock these people.

And the reason I do this is because I lost my sister in 1994 do to suicide because she was an alcoholic. I am now 20 months sober thanks to someone reaching out to me and stopping me from choosing that same path.

You may be very wise when it comes to politics and your beliefs, but you are a pathetic person in my eyes
Never brought any personal accounts, happenings etc.. onto a political message board. You have numerous times. See my posts... show me where I have. I, along with others, keep the politics political, the sports sports... maybe you should try the same.

You don't agree with my politics. That's fine. You have ALWAYS played this card. Sorry for your loss and your situation. But damn... why air that out here? Do you need validation? You think that people come on here to read stuff like that? If so this shouldn't be where you get it. Get me banned, complain... whatever.. but it says more about you always addressing the issues on politics with personal stories and the "hey look at me posts" than anything else.

Best of luck with your issues.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
Back to the topic...

Looks like aside from illegally letting in 70k illegal immigrants and trying to hide it from the American people Sleepy Joe and his joke of an administration has decided to let in Afghans that were placed on the terrorist list from 1996-2001...

All in the name of progress right lefties?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-exempt-afghan-civil-servants-taliban-terror-restrictions
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

[
In 2019 when we were "energy independent" we bought a ton of foreign oil. Over 9 million barrels. We've never not bought a ton of oil from the Middle East. We just produced as much as we consumed.

Our crude oil and natural gas production fell through the floor in early 2020 when COVID hit, before Biden was president. It fell 25% from March to May 2020 and was further impacted by tropical weather this year.

How is that on Biden? You think Biden caused COVID or hurricanes? LOLOL

I've said on here multiple times that Trump and Biden's stimulus packages have caused some of the inflation we're seeing.

Aside from stimulus, why don't you rattle off a few of these "policy decisions" that Biden enacted or policies of Trump's that Biden overturned that are driving up gas prices or prices at the grocery store?

Shutting down pipelines. Stopping new exploration. That's a quick response. Those decision alone can hurt the immediate and future. Add in his hysteria around COVID with all these protocols and you lose people resources, well that can and did make a big impact!!!

Why do you think we have so many cargo ships sitting at ports all over the place? Do you think his words have impact? You certainly thought Trumps words had impact on the economy!

C'mon Cary, did Biden cause your hemorrhoids to flare up too? LOLOL

You and Storm are just ranting after extrapolating from headlines and social media memes again.

Biden didn't "shut down pipelines." He pulled the Keystone XL pipeline permit that was in review. That had no effect on existing production or pricing.

He didn't stop new exploration either, he put a moratorium on new leasing of federal land for oil exploration and development. There are currently 40 million on- and offshore acres under existing leases that can be explored. And the moratorium only impacts federal lands, which only account for 25 percent of our current domestic production.

What words of his are causing cargo ships to experience docking delays? His administration has facilitated deals this week between port authorities and unions to keep ports open 24/7 to eliminate bottlenecks, and said the major private carriers are doing the same with their workforces. Countries around the world are experiencing similar issues with shipping and manufacturing, this isn't a problem localized to the US.
packgrad
5 months and the administration's solution is to stay open longer/ work overtime. Lol. Such a disaster of leadership. And pretindependents applaud it.
Wolfer79
BBW12OG said:

Glasswolf said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

To all my fans...

Where the hell are you today? Why are you not complaining about me calling you out?

LOLOLOLOL

Because it's like yelling at clouds.

Or some are basically ignoring you
Or whining, crying and trying to get me banned. Sound like anyone you know?

And just so the ones can see it before the post disappears it has been going on for a while now. The "few" that have the ability to ban me have been wanting to for months. Looks like they may finally have their chance. Best of luck to everyone if it happens. Keep up the good fight and call them what they are. Sorry if they can't handle the truth but the truth is nothing I have said is wrong. They just don't like facing the facts and having it broadcast to the public.

Y'all have a good one.

you were previously banned for personal attacks and told if they continued you can find someplace else to post

you ignored that warning and are now gone from this site
caryking
Wolfer79 said:

BBW12OG said:

Glasswolf said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

To all my fans...

Where the hell are you today? Why are you not complaining about me calling you out?

LOLOLOLOL

And just so the ones can see it before the post disappears it has been going on for a while now. The "few" that have the ability to ban me have been wanting to for months. Looks like they may finally have their chance. Best of luck to everyone if it happens. Keep up the good fight and call them what they are. Sorry if they can't handle the truth but the truth is nothing I have said is wrong. They just don't like facing the facts and having it broadcast to the public.

Y'all have a good one.

you were previously banned for personal attacks and told if they continued you can find someplace else to post

Wolfer79, I think this is a bad decision!! I will be reaching out to James and Steve regarding this decision.

Joe Biden
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

[
In 2019 when we were "energy independent" we bought a ton of foreign oil. Over 9 million barrels. We've never not bought a ton of oil from the Middle East. We just produced as much as we consumed.

Our crude oil and natural gas production fell through the floor in early 2020 when COVID hit, before Biden was president. It fell 25% from March to May 2020 and was further impacted by tropical weather this year.

I've said on here multiple times that Trump and Biden's stimulus packages have caused some of the inflation we're seeing.

Aside from stimulus, why don't you rattle off a few of these "policy decisions" that Biden enacted or policies of Trump's that Biden overturned that are driving up gas prices or prices at the grocery store?

Shutting down pipelines. Stopping new exploration. That's a quick response. Those decision alone can hurt the immediate and future. Add in his hysteria around COVID with all these protocols and you lose people resources, well that can and did make a big impact!!!

Why do you think we have so many cargo ships sitting at ports all over the place? Do you think his words have impact? You certainly thought Trumps words had impact on the economy!

You and Storm are just ranting after extrapolating from headlines and social media memes again.

Biden didn't "shut down pipelines." He pulled the Keystone XL pipeline permit that was in review. That had no effect on existing production or pricing.

He didn't stop new exploration either, he put a moratorium on new leasing of federal land for oil exploration and development. There are currently 40 million on- and offshore acres under existing leases that can be explored. And the moratorium only impacts federal lands, which only account for 25 percent of our current domestic production.

What words of his are causing cargo ships to experience docking delays? His administration has facilitated deals this week between port authorities and unions to keep ports open 24/7 to eliminate bottlenecks, and said the major private carriers are doing the same with their workforces. Countries around the world are experiencing similar issues with shipping and manufacturing, this isn't a problem localized to the US.
You have to be the most uniformed person here. Well, maybe Chem is right there with you.

Correct, he stopped the XL Pipeline
The reviews were completed during the Trump admin. Biden and team threw it back into an evaluation stage.
Pushing this whole narrative of vax mandates. You obviously do not talk to people and what they plan on doing if required to vax.

I'm sorry, Civ, your are in the minority on this. Hell, the liberal polling services are showing his approval rating to be around 38%. The country is coming undone and you are making excuses for this SOB that's completely illegitimate!!

Joe Biden
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

[

You have to be the most uniformed person here. Well, maybe Chem is right there with you.

The reviews were completed during the Trump admin. Biden and team threw it back into an evaluation stage.
Pushing this whole narrative of vax mandates. You obviously do not talk to people and what they plan on doing if required to vax.

I'm sorry, Civ, your are in the minority on this. Hell, the liberal polling services are showing his approval rating to be around 38%. The country is coming undone and you are making excuses for this SOB that's completely illegitimate!!

I'm definitely wrong a lot. Make mistakes every day.

But am I wrong that Biden's policies or rollbacks have not affected the current supply of domestic crude production?

Am I wrong that plenty of exploration can take place on already-leased federal lands; and continue indefinitely without interruption on all current and future non-federal land leases?

What narrative is he pushing regarding vax mandates? He's trying to implement a vax-or-test mandate but what does that have to do with inflation, which was how this conversation started?

ETA: if you're talking about people quitting their jobs if they're required to vax, I'd reconsider that position. That hasn't been happening.

"Houston Methodist Hospital, for example, required its 25,000 workers to get a vaccine by June 7. Before the mandate, about 15% of its employees were unvaccinated. By mid-June, that percentage had dropped to 3% and hit 2% by late July. A total of 153 workers were fired or resigned, while another 285 were granted medical or religious exemptions and 332 were allowed to defer it.

At Jewish Home Family in Rockleigh, New Jersey, only five of its 527 workers quit following its vaccine mandate. Two out of 250 workers left Westminster Village in Bloomington, Illinois, and even in deeply conservative rural Alabama, a state with one of the lowest vaccine uptake rates, Hanceville Nursing & Rehab Center lost only six of its 260 employees."

People say they're going to quit but don't.
Packchem91
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

[

LOL, when's the Arizona election being overturned, oh brilliant conspiracy theorist?
And the other states. Come on now, you promised, because your sources said so. Even still calling it illegitimate, lol. It was an unfortunate outcome, but it is funny you criticize others' intelligence as you continue to prop up the "lowest common denominator" nonsense.
Civilized
Wolfer79 said:

BBW12OG said:

Glasswolf said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

To all my fans...

LOLOLOLOL

Y'all have a good one.

If only there was a "That escalated slowly" GIF
Steve Videtich
caryking said:

Wolfer79 said:

BBW12OG said:

Glasswolf said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

To all my fans...

LOLOLOLOL

Y'all have a good one.

Wolfer79, I think this is a bad decision!! I will be reaching out to James and Steve regarding this decision.

Agreed. I don't think any line was crossed that wasn't crossed in both directions. At least he didn't say American citizens should have been killed back in January. Decision should be reversed in my opinion, not that it'll matter.
Packchem91
Civilized said:

Wolfer79 said:

BBW12OG said:

Glasswolf said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

To all my fans...

LOLOLOLOL

Y'all have a good one.

yeah, when you basically keep mentioning, accusing, and challenging the mods with almost every post.....
Civilized
Packchem91 said:

Civilized said:

Wolfer79 said:

BBW12OG said:

Glasswolf said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

To all my fans...

LOLOLOLOL

Y'all have a good one.

yeah, when you basically keep mentioning, accusing, and challenging the mods with almost every post.....

Dude has a Charles Bronson-level Death (by Moderator) Wish
packgrad
We know you're wrong a lot.

Tell us more about the AAP and mask upside.

Hilarious that you are now espousing that people are not leaving their jobs because of mandates. Truly a sheep.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Hilarious that you are now espousing that people are not leaving their jobs because of mandates. Truly a sheep.

No, I'm espousing that people aren't leaving their jobs en masse because of mandates.

Locally I've read that under 100 of the 30,000 UNC healthcare workers who were required to vaccinate resigned as protest.

Months ago we were reading half of unvaccinated workers were saying they would resign if mandated to vaccinate.

That's not happening. Resignations appear to be a tiny fraction of this.

Do you have evidence to the contrary?
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

No, I'm espousing that people aren't leaving their jobs en masse because of mandates.

Locally I've read that under 100 of the 30,000 UNC healthcare workers who were required to vaccinate resigned as protest.

Months ago we were reading half of unvaccinated workers were saying they would resign if mandated to vaccinate.

That's not happening. Resignations appear to be a tiny fraction of this.

Do you have evidence to the contrary?

Which is it? People aren't leaving their jobs en masse because of vaccine mandates or unvaccinated people aren't? Your 100 of 30,000 is a completely irrelevant number if the question is the latter. Also, your (assuming npr or politico) article, which you did not link, further does not prove your point. The only link that had data for unvaccinated before and after mandates (Houston) still shows greater than 20% of unvaccinated remained unvaccinated.

5% were fired or resigned. 8% claimed religious exception. 9% deferred. 22% is a tiny fraction? Lol.

The other links are just selective representation with no context, aka propaganda.

What data do you have outside of hospitals that show unvaccinated people are not getting fired or resigning en masse due to vaccine mandates?
packgrad
Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

Wolfer79 said:

BBW12OG said:

Glasswolf said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

To all my fans...

LOLOLOLOL

Y'all have a good one.

Agreed. I don't think any line was crossed that wasn't crossed in both directions. At least he didn't say American citizens should have been killed back in January. Decision should be reversed in my opinion, not that it'll matter.

Agreed.
hokiewolf
packgrad said:

Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

Wolfer79 said:

BBW12OG said:

Glasswolf said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

To all my fans...

LOLOLOLOL

Y'all have a good one.

Agreed.
Sorry, no. He was a bully and a belittled anyone who had even a slight disagreement with him. He would still belittle you when you did agree with him to. His shtick is tiring and worn out and frankly he wasn't funny or cleaver with it.

Whereas a discussion can be had with the three of you on a topic, there was no chance of any positive outcome discussing anything with that guy. Good riddance to bad baggage. Maybe in his next alias, he can come back and have some discourse when debating someone and not resort to personal attacks and belittling of other posters
packgrad
hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

Wolfer79 said:

BBW12OG said:

Glasswolf said:

Civilized said:

BBW12OG said:

To all my fans...

LOLOLOLOL

Y'all have a good one.

Agreed.
Sorry, no. He was a bully and a belittled anyone who had even a slight disagreement with him. He would still belittle you when you did agree with him to. His shtick is tiring and worn out and frankly he wasn't funny or cleaver with it.

Whereas a discussion can be had with the three of you on a topic, there was no chance of any positive outcome discussing anything with that guy. Good riddance to bad baggage. Maybe in his next alias, he can come back and have some discourse when debating someone and not resort to personal attacks and belittling of other posters

Meh. Sign of the times. There is an ignore feature on the forums. The mods allow FAR MORE bullying on the sports boards by their regulars (you would be a regular there, but not a bully). On this forum, however, the mods lean a different direction than BBW, so it's not acceptable. It's what we see on all of social media. I see your post has already turned blue. Probably just on mod likes. Haha. Congrats.
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

[

But am I wrong that Biden's policies or rollbacks have not affected the current supply of domestic crude production?

Am I wrong that plenty of exploration can take place on already-leased federal lands; and continue indefinitely without interruption on all current and future non-federal land leases?

What narrative is he pushing regarding vax mandates? He's trying to implement a vax-or-test mandate but what does that have to do with inflation, which was how this conversation started?

ETA: if you're talking about people quitting their jobs if they're required to vax, I'd reconsider that position. That hasn't been happening.

"Houston Methodist Hospital, for example, required its 25,000 workers to get a vaccine by June 7. Before the mandate, about 15% of its employees were unvaccinated. By mid-June, that percentage had dropped to 3% and hit 2% by late July. A total of 153 workers were fired or resigned, while another 285 were granted medical or religious exemptions and 332 were allowed to defer it.

At Jewish Home Family in Rockleigh, New Jersey, only five of its 527 workers quit following its vaccine mandate. Two out of 250 workers left Westminster Village in Bloomington, Illinois, and even in deeply conservative rural Alabama, a state with one of the lowest vaccine uptake rates, Hanceville Nursing & Rehab Center lost only six of its 260 employees."

4.3M people left the workforce in August (or was that September)... I'm sure we have a myriad of reasons why; however, I hope you can agree that's not a good look. We have 10M open jobs in the country. How many people are on the giveaway dole? I don't know; however, if we really get into the details, those numbers will look eerily close.

So, the question we should all want to know is WHY?

Inflation is at 5.1%. Look at the inflation changes, by month, and you will see that it starts going up as Biden starts his regime. WHY?

What is driving inflation worse than anything? Supply.

What the next biggest driver of inflation? Oil

You "know it all" idiots can spin anyway you would like; however, this is all on Biden's watch!! So, he gets the blame!! Right? Or, does that only apply to Trump?

Oldsouljer
caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/13/politics/social-security-cost-of-living-adjustment/index.html

To all my fans...

Remember over the course of the last few months, nearly a year, when each of you would clamor about my delivery, me calling you SOCIALISTS, pointing out examples and providing proof about how your lefty party is wanting to "fundamentally change" this country and the economy?

I know why and so does everyone else. You and your party ask for 1,000 pieces of gold and are willing to settle for 500 pieces of gold while all the while knowing the end game is turning this country into single party rule with a MARXIST/COMMUNIST government controlled autocracy.

You clowns deserve all that is coming to you. Enjoy. And I will anxiously wait for you to tell me how this administration is nothing but SOCIALIST moving toward MARXIST/COMMUNIST.

What I don't understand is:

Social Security was design as a program to take YOUR investment (required that is) and allow the Federal government give you a ROI.

So, based on that, and with any other investment: you have a total investment and the ROI. Regardless, you should not be able to take any more out than your true ROI.

Now, we know that is the complete opposite of what really happens. So, a COLA change doesn't surprise me. Can we please get someone to stand up and correct this program where it becomes sustainable on its own input and correct output?

Personally, I would do away with the program; however, I'm sure I'm in the minority. If we can't do way with it, then let's rally to fix it, to the way, it was designed. What you put in is all you can get out, plus the positive or negative amount returned via investing
You bring up several interesting points, one of them alluding to the litany of broken promises that have been made since the programs inception. One point I'd like to make is that for modern Federal employees, SS has been called the third leg of their retirement "stool", the other two being their annuity (pension) and their TSP (401k equivalent). So if Feds have to take benefit reductions to their SS, how will the government compensate for that? Will Federal unions and Federal retiree associations just stand by and let that happen?
Oldsouljer
I agree with you.
Packchem91
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

[

4.3M people left the workforce in August (or was that September)... I'm sure we have a myriad of reasons why; however, I hope you can agree that's not a good look. We have 10M open jobs in the country. How many people are on the giveaway dole? I don't know; however, if we really get into the details, those numbers will look eerily close.

Inflation is at 5.1%. Look at the inflation changes, by month, and you will see that it starts going up as Biden starts his regime. WHY?

You "know it all" idiots can spin anyway you would like; however, this is all on Biden's watch!! So, he gets the blame!! Right? Or, does that only apply to Trump?

Chem and Civ, you guys are truly beneath me!! Intellectually, financially, and all the other great attributes applied to man. Get a life or go suck on an egg!!! That's right, I said it!!!
Ouch. Next thing you know, you'll be espousing God out of that same mouth. LOL.
caryking
The only way to make change is to do something. You know, the great leftist of the world used community organizing to "F" up this country. See Saul Alinsky! A mentor to both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama!

Well, there tactics work!! Use them for your own objectives. If you disagree with the banning of BBW, read Saul Alinsky "10 Rules for Radicals" and apply them.

We have people on this board that have been indoctrinated in the these rules (probably unbeknown to them) and use them effectively. Play their game!!!

Joe Biden
IseWolf22
BBW12OG said:

IseWolf22 said:

I guess this response won't be seen, but lol to this post. You attack, attack, attack then retreat to 'woe is me' victimology when challenged. You're not oppressed, you've just been a jerk constantly and consistently.

I'm Christian by the way. One reason I love Southpark is they perfectly embody the notion that everything should be open to mockery, there should be no scared cows. If you can't have fun with your own beliefs, you shouldn't be doing the same with others
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

[

Chem and Civ, you guys are truly beneath me!! Intellectually, financially, and all the other great attributes applied to man. Get a life or go suck on an egg!!! That's right, I said it!!!

What's with the personal attacks Cary?

No need to get sensitive and lash out when people ask you to explain actual causality between Biden's actions or inactions and the inflation that you blame him for.

Biden's "regime" is coincidental with vaccination rollout and broad reopening of the economy. If you're going to show causation you have to control for those factors and also the factors that were present before his presidency, like supply chain disruptions, and also those that are essentially completely out of his control like OPEC.

But if you just think Biden gets the blame because he's sitting in the big boy chair that's fine. Just say that. No need to go all Monday Night Raw on us.
Packchem91
IseWolf22 said:

BBW12OG said:

IseWolf22 said:

I guess this response won't be seen, but lol to this post. You attack, attack, attack then retreat to 'woe is me' victimology when challenged. You're not oppressed, you've just been a jerk constantly and consistently.

I'm Christian by the way. One reason I love Southpark is they perfectly embody the notion that everything should be open to mockery, there should be no scared cows. If you can't have fun with your own beliefs, you shouldn't be doing the same with others
Agree with you, and since we are open to mockery....feels like your "scared" cows comment is deserving of a Gary Larson cartoon here.

was never a comics guy, but his animal images always made me laugh.
hokiewolf
TheStorm said:

And you could have done a much better job of ignoring him, but you couldn't help yourself because your skin was too thin. I found a lot of common ground with a lot of your posts as well as Chem's… but Chem just couldn't stay away from the flame and in fact antagonized it every opportunity he got. He was exponentially worse at it than you were even. Anyone with half a brain knows who was behind this one. All Wolfer did was carry it out. I have no respect for that ****
My skin is far from thin brother. I think it would do everyone some good to have a little discourse when they are on a forum like this that talks politics. I come into every response with an open mind. Did I poke fun at him form time to time? Yes because I'm a bit of a smartass and I like to include some humor in my posts but I never insulted him or his intelligence which he continually did to a lot of posters. And to me that's over the line. You can disagree with someone without being an ass about it.
TheStorm
Anyway… moving on.

That was an overall loss for the water cooler more than anything else, and that's all I'm going to say going forward (unless further provoked) from here about that.

And yet, I'm sure that we'll continue to get treated to Civ's continual drivel on a steady ongoing basis… just great.

NCSUBill
What I don't understand at all is, why anyone who has already had Covid still needs a vaccine? Neither of them totally prevents another occurrence, but a prior bout of Covid generally is more effective in keeping one from dying or being admitted to hospital. The various treatments available also do a very good job of preventing death and need for being admitted.
NCSUBill
bgr3
NCSUBill said:

What I don't understand at all is, why anyone who has already had Covid still needs a vaccine? Neither of them totally prevents another occurrence, but a prior bout of Covid generally is more effective in keeping one from dying or being admitted to hospital. The various treatments available also do a very good job of preventing death and need for being admitted.
Because if you allow people who have had COVID to not get vaccinated then you can't enforce compulsory vaccination on everyone.

It's the same reason we have mask mandates regardless of vax status. Its not feasible to differentiate between vaccinated and unvaccianted in most settings so just make it mandatory for everyone so poiliticians look like they are doing something. That also has the benefit (if you are a floundering administration) of pitting the vaccinated against the unvaccinated because they feel as though they are being unfairly punished and that the failings of the administration are the sole fault of the unvaccinated.

After all, Dem presidents cannot fail, they can only be failed by the stupid rubes.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Anyway… moving on.

That was an overall loss for the water cooler more than anything else, and that's all I'm going to say going forward (unless further provoked) from here about that.

And yet, I'm sure that we'll continue to get treated to Civ's continual drivel on a steady ongoing basis… just great.

Mehh, I'm not sure what the value add was, and not sure what its a loss. There are plenty of posters in perfect alignment with his politics who advocate in a much less confrontational way. And its not even taht it was confrontational -- to your point, I can be that way -- but it was continual and with no effort at all to even respect what anyone else said.

I mean, as an example, I think Cary's carrying the water for the "election overturn is coming" conspiracy theory stuff is silly and at a certain level even harmful at this point....but he at least when he gets off that tangent, he offers up other viewpoints that are clearly well-thought and have value.

I will admit, after reading his stuff for a while, I was dumb enough to try to argue him, til I learned finally (probably months too late) that even when i responded in perfect agreement, he chose to ignore and maintain his previously held incorrect views At that point, I realized it was not worth the effort, nor the drag to the board in general.

First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 157

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.