The Biden Administration

433,500 Views | 5465 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by James Henderson
WPNfamily
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Weekly reminder that Sleepy Joe is a vegetable!
WPNfamily
Glasswolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Glasswolf said:

I have a life! A family, a wedding I'm trying to pay for and several businesses to run plus a 55 hour a week job. What someone posted 4 days ago about my beliefs is nothing on my radar. This message board is like .005% of my daily thoughts. Maybe you should try channeling your energy in other places. What you do or say on the water cooler is not changing the landscape one bit

You left out all the other message boards you moderate and all the people's lives you have made a positive impact on via…. Wait for it…. A MESSAGE BOARD…

I hope you don't injure your shoulder patting yourself on the back there big guy!!! Save some of that energy for halo polishing!!!

At least I'm trying to help people threatening to blow their brains out What have you done today big fella?

Please tell us all the good things you do. I would love to feel worse about myself.
BBW12OG
Glasswolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Glasswolf said:

I have a life! A family, a wedding I'm trying to pay for and several businesses to run plus a 55 hour a week job. What someone posted 4 days ago about my beliefs is nothing on my radar. This message board is like .005% of my daily thoughts. Maybe you should try channeling your energy in other places. What you do or say on the water cooler is not changing the landscape one bit

You left out all the other message boards you moderate and all the people's lives you have made a positive impact on via…. Wait for it…. A MESSAGE BOARD…

I hope you don't injure your shoulder patting yourself on the back there big guy!!! Save some of that energy for halo polishing!!!

At least I'm trying to help people threatening to blow their brains out What have you done today big fella?

Laugh like a kid at you. You don't have time to comment on politics but yet you do.

You always seem to find a way to let everyone know just how hard you work, how much you contribute and how much you have going on in your personal life. It's all well and good. But to think anyone with a half a brain can't see you for who you are is laughable.

I'll leave it at that.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
FlossyDFlynt
packwest said:

mdreid said:

Only place i think this could be inforced would be when you get your yearly inspection they add odometer calculation so that the DMV could ding you for a lot more money when you go to get your new registration sticker.

i hope to god this doesnt get through as i drive almost 40 miles roundtrip to work everyday.

I preface this by saying I'm against raising taxes.

Something -- and I don't know what -- needs to be done to better fund infrastructure. There is no reason that we have to spend months fighting over a grand compromise to fix our freaking roads and bridges.

Mileage tax has tons of issues. Enforcement, reasonable collection, etc. Only way this works, at all, is if you drop the gas tax, too.

Infrastructure funding is broken as a result of fuel efficiency. Congress was short-sighted when they started imposing these new efficiency standards and NOT addressing this in the 80s/90s.

By virtue of population growth, you have more cars on the road and you need more/wider roads. However, we're buying fewer gallons per capita. So funding infrastructure and road improvements via a per-gallon gas tax was going to lead here.

In 1999, the US consumed 131,800,000,000 gallons of gas. That equated to 472 gallons per person, per year.

In 2019, the US consumed 146,290,000,000 gallons of gas. That equated to 445 gallons per person, per year.

We've added 50,000,000 people since that time and 56,000,000 new cars. Yet we're generating less revenue via gas tax to support the roads and bridges that they need to use. Gas tax remains flat at 18.3 (or 18.4 if you count an additional fee that's not a tax) cents per gallon and hasn't increased in two decades. We're not even considering inflation, either.

Idk if mileage taxes are the issue, but ad hoc infrastructure bills that occur every so often can't be a sustainable answer.
The government doesnt have a funding problem, it has a spending problem. Fix the latter first then I will get on board with new ways to tax people
BBW12OG
If you put requirements on welfare and all the "social" programs that the Lefties clamor for then taxing people for how many miles they drive wouldn't be an issue.

The voting base of the left is/has been the same. The ones in power use them and keep them under their thumb. And they always seem to have "spokesmen" to tell you how much good they do and how bad of a person you are if you don't goose step in line with them.

And hell yes that's a pointed statement.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
packwest
FlossyDFlynt said:

packwest said:

mdreid said:

Only place i think this could be inforced would be when you get your yearly inspection they add odometer calculation so that the DMV could ding you for a lot more money when you go to get your new registration sticker.

i hope to god this doesnt get through as i drive almost 40 miles roundtrip to work everyday.

I preface this by saying I'm against raising taxes.

Something -- and I don't know what -- needs to be done to better fund infrastructure. There is no reason that we have to spend months fighting over a grand compromise to fix our freaking roads and bridges.

Mileage tax has tons of issues. Enforcement, reasonable collection, etc. Only way this works, at all, is if you drop the gas tax, too.

Infrastructure funding is broken as a result of fuel efficiency. Congress was short-sighted when they started imposing these new efficiency standards and NOT addressing this in the 80s/90s.

By virtue of population growth, you have more cars on the road and you need more/wider roads. However, we're buying fewer gallons per capita. So funding infrastructure and road improvements via a per-gallon gas tax was going to lead here.

In 1999, the US consumed 131,800,000,000 gallons of gas. That equated to 472 gallons per person, per year.

In 2019, the US consumed 146,290,000,000 gallons of gas. That equated to 445 gallons per person, per year.

We've added 50,000,000 people since that time and 56,000,000 new cars. Yet we're generating less revenue via gas tax to support the roads and bridges that they need to use. Gas tax remains flat at 18.3 (or 18.4 if you count an additional fee that's not a tax) cents per gallon and hasn't increased in two decades. We're not even considering inflation, either.

Idk if mileage taxes are the issue, but ad hoc infrastructure bills that occur every so often can't be a sustainable answer.
The government doesnt have a funding problem, it has a spending problem. Fix the latter first then I will get on board with new ways to tax people

Yes, looking at it globally. Concur wholeheartedly.
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

If you put requirements on welfare and all the "social" programs that the Lefties clamor for then taxing people for how many miles they drive wouldn't be an issue.

The voting base of the left is/has been the same. The ones in power use them and keep them under their thumb. And they always seem to have "spokesmen" to tell you how much good they do and how bad of a person you are if you don't goose step in line with them.

And hell yes that's a pointed statement.
Hey, we agree on something! If something that is a gov't program doesn't work, they don't stop funding it, usually they double down on the spending! It's the most politically expedient thing to do rather than the correct thing to do.

Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
BBW12OG
Well…. Once you finally grow up you'll start agreeing with me and a few others more!!!
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
DrummerboyWolf
I have not read anything on this thread in a few weeks and sorry if it's been posted, but to no one's surprise, WRAL hid a poll showing Biden with a 38% approval in North Carolina. Breitbart called them on it and they put it back up.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/29/north-carolina-media-outlet-republishes-horrific-biden-poll-numbers-after-breitbart-report/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

Well…. Once you finally grow up you'll start agreeing with me and a few others more!!!
I'm in my 40's fam
hokiewolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

I have not read anything on this thread in a few weeks and sorry if it's been posted, but to no one's surprise, WRAL hid a poll showing Biden with a 38% approval in North Carolina. Breitbart called them on it and they put it back up.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/29/north-carolina-media-outlet-republishes-horrific-biden-poll-numbers-after-breitbart-report/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
LOL

One of WRAL's editors, Matthew Burns, admitted to Breitbart News that he took the article down, saying WRAL "is not interested in polls" while also claiming that "there is no election going on now" and "there's no reason to be writing polls, polling stories."
bgr3
hokiewolf said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

LOL

One of WRAL's editors, Matthew Burns, admitted to Breitbart News that he took the article down, saying WRAL "is not interested in polls" while also claiming that "there is no election going on now" and "there's no reason to be writing polls, polling stories."
Not for nothing but I have noticed WRAL doesn't tweet out all of their stories either, and it seems to follow an interesting pattern.

They had one from a couple of months ago about an "anti-racist summer camp," when I went to twitter to read the replies I noticed it was conspicuously absent. Then, this week Amanda Lamb writes a BS hit piece on State saying the Clemson win celebration was uNsAfE and that people outdoors should have masks on. Same thing, go to look it up and see the replies and its not tweeted out by WRAL. Oddly it seemed all of the other headlines from their front page had been linked....

I go and check Amanda Lamb's personal twitter feed and the only recent thing is a picture from a Monday fundraiser at Prestonwood (presumably this past Monday) where she's posing with people, albeit outside, and maskless of course.

bgr3
A quick google search revealed that WRAL appears to be interested in polling as recently as TODAY

Vaccine Mandate Polling

Bad poll numbers for "Conservative Supreme Court"

Poll on virus fears

And of course one about January 6th...

Aggregated from AP/CNN, all on WRAL's homepage. All about polling. I guess he means presidential approval polling, or perhaps more specifically *bad* presidential approval polling *when a Dem is in office*.
Packchem91
bgr3 said:

A quick google search revealed that WRAL appears to be interested in polling as recently as TODAY

Vaccine Mandate Polling

Bad poll numbers for "Conservative Supreme Court"

Poll on virus fears

And of course one about January 6th...

Aggregated from AP/CNN, all on WRAL's homepage. All about polling. I guess he means presidential approval polling, or perhaps more specifically *bad* presidential approval polling *when a Dem is in office*.
LOL, thats awesome. Would be fun to see Matthew address those.
bgr3
Someone more interested than me needs to go find the stories WRAL wrote about NC presidential approval rating polls during the previous administration. I didn't particularly like Trump, or vote for him either time, but imagine saying presidential approval rating polls don't matter because it wasn't an election year. What a worm that WRAL guy is.
caryking
FlossyDFlynt said:

Here comes my broken record...

Before we can fix our overall debt problem (currently 28T), we have to fix our yearly deficit problem. We have 1T in unfunded spending on a yearly basis. I think the CBO/OMB or some agency like that, say that the deficit is greater than 1T per year and it will go on for the next 10 years at a minimum. With no more "new spending" our debt will be over 38T!!!

Our receipts (that's the taxes we give), we give to the federal government, is greater than its ever been (roughly 3.4T or 17% or 18% of GDP which is the norm).

Now, I do think we have some issues in the tax system. First, I'm a believer in a consumption tax; rather than an income tax. That being said, the following needs to be dealt with immediately in our current tax system:

Carried Interest - go read about this and tell me why that is taxed at a lower rate that normal income!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
Also, if you hear any politician and/or media outlet say we ar going to default on our debt. That is factually "FALSE". The 14th amendment requires the federal government to pay its debt!

So, the only thing that will not get funded are the social spending the congress has passed. Will people, on the dole and/or relying on government contracts, be hurt? Yep!!! That's just part of doing business with the government!

SHUT THE DAMN THING DOWN!!!! We will be fine!!

Joe Biden
Packchem91
bgr3 said:

Someone more interested than me needs to go find the stories WRAL wrote about NC presidential approval rating polls during the previous administration. I didn't particularly like Trump, or vote for him either time, but imagine saying presidential approval rating polls don't matter because it wasn't an election year. What a worm that WRAL guy is.
I'd bet just about anything they promoted headlines about how low his approval ratings were.
82TxPackFan
bgr3 said:

hokiewolf said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

LOL

Not for nothing but I have noticed WRAL doesn't tweet out all of their stories either, and it seems to follow an interesting pattern.

They had one from a couple of months ago about an "anti-racist summer camp," when I went to twitter to read the replies I noticed it was conspicuously absent. Then, this week Amanda Lamb writes a BS hit piece on State saying the Clemson win celebration was uNsAfE and that people outdoors should have masks on. Same thing, go to look it up and see the replies and its not tweeted out by WRAL. Oddly it seemed all of the other headlines from their front page had been linked....

I go and check Amanda Lamb's personal twitter feed and the only recent thing is a picture from a Monday fundraiser at Prestonwood (presumably this past Monday) where she's posing with people, albeit outside, and maskless of course.

F ^ ^ K WRAL. Piece of trash station!
caryking
As usual, a group of Republicans joined in with Dems to kick the budget can down the road a couple of months! Can we please get an operating budget for a full fiscal year and stick to it?

I want to see what we are paying for and who votes for it! Any Publican that votes for anything more than the roughly 3.7T in paid in revenues needs to be primaried!!

3.7T is all the revenue that will most likely be paid in; so, you can't spend more than that!! If we would think like that, then, the debt ceiling wouldn't have to be increased!!

We CANT afford anymore deficient spending!

Joe Biden
caryking
You know what's interesting? I post comments about spending, deficit, and debt... no one or very few comments, hell, no stars on my post!

All this other stuff (albeit important) is really just noise compared to our budget! If we don't do a serious deep dive into this country's financial situation, who is going to gives a damn about the other issues...

We will have no reason to as we will be in a financial free fall!!

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
You hate to see it

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/574814-democratic-civil-war-hits-new-heights
hokiewolf
Great article from the WSJ that shows the pitfalls that Biden has fell into in his first 8 Months. Pretending the progressive children are the heart of the democratic party, when in fact they are the vocal minority in this country has gotten him into a heap of trouble.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-fall-summer-mandate-leadership-presidency-obama-11633040253
Civilized
hokiewolf said:

You hate to see it

We're fortunate to have Manchin and Sinema forcing hard conversations amongst progressives about fiscal prudence.

We don't need Biden and the rad-lib left thinking or acting like they have a blank check to implement his agenda.
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Great article from the WSJ that shows the pitfalls that Biden has fell into in his first 8 Months. Pretending the progressive children are the heart of the democratic party, when in fact they are the vocal minority in this country has gotten him into a heap of trouble.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-fall-summer-mandate-leadership-presidency-obama-11633040253

That's kind of what I've been saying for the last year and a 1/2. It's the vocal few that are extremely vocal and the driving force behind a lot of this crazy rhetoric right now. It's not a case of the squeaky wheel gets the grease, they want an entirely new cart!
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

That's kind of what I've been saying for the last year and a 1/2. It's the vocal few that are extremely vocal and the driving force behind a lot of this crazy rhetoric right now. It's not a case of the squeaky wheel gets the grease, they want an entirely new cart!
But the cart is free!*

*$3.5T
IseWolf22
hokiewolf said:

You hate to see it

Democrats were never in as much lock step with each other as some on this board thought. Just like Republicans, there are competing internal factions. Being in the majority brings internal divisions to the forefront.

I am very glad that the moderates have held firm so far. Although it would have been nice to have more pushback against the last Covid relief bill as well.
Steve Videtich
IseWolf22 said:

hokiewolf said:

You hate to see it

Democrats were never in as much lock step with each other as some on this board thought. Just like Republicans, there are competing internal factions. Being in the majority brings internal divisions to the forefront.

I am very glad that the moderates have held firm so far. Although it would have been nice to have more pushback against the last Covid relief bill as well.

It would be nice if they resended some of the money's from that bill.
caryking
IseWolf22 said:

hokiewolf said:

You hate to see it

Two things:

• the Republicans that voted for this should be removed from all committees and and leadership position!
  • If anybody wants to feel comfortable with Manchin and Senema, holding the line, against crazy left wing spending, I say good luck!!

I'm not feeling comfortable! As much as I dislike Pelosi, she is a warrior, and will get the job done in the house!

Joe Biden
Packchem91
hokiewolf said:

Sadly, you could see it coming. You're right from afar, you'd think the whole country was overwhelmed with that progressive group, but it's just the loud ones that the media lives to prop up as protecting our whole nation.

Much like they like to single out the far right looks amd try to extrapolate that the entire GOP is that.

And to get support, Biden sold us all out and will go down as a horrendous president
bgr3
caryking said:

You know what's interesting? I post comments about spending, deficit, and debt... no one or very few comments, hell, no stars on my post!

All this other stuff (albeit important) is really just noise compared to our budget! If we don't do a serious deep dive into this country's financial situation, who is going to gives a damn about the other issues...

We will have no reason to as we will be in a financial free fall!!
I agree with everything you said about that but I've personally resigned myself to the fact that nobody is going to care until they're made to care.

When you only pay a fraction of the price of something (like we are doing by borrowing a lot of what we spend) moral hazard takes over and people want more of that thing because it feels like a good deal.

It won't be a good deal when Medicare and Medicaid go insolvent, or we have an actual dollar crisis, or a recession with rates already near zero with nowhere to go but negative.

We will do a serious deep dive into the financial situation when politicians are incentivized to do so, and sadly that will not be the case until there is a crisis. I vote based upon those issues, and make noise when I can but by and large people just don't care.
Oldsouljer
I've heard he wants to be the next FDR, assuming he even knows what he wants. FDR may be responsible for putting us in the road to the mess we find ourselves in today but at least he had a gift for making people feel good about taking slow poison. If Biden had that ability, it vanished almost from the time that he entered the White House. We've quickly gone from good ol' Joe to FU Joe Biden.
IseWolf22
caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

hokiewolf said:

You hate to see it

Two things:

• the Republicans that voted for this should be removed from all committees and and leadership position!
  • If anybody wants to feel comfortable with Manchin and Senema, holding the line, against crazy left wing spending, I say good luck!!

I'm not feeling comfortable! As much as I dislike Pelosi, she is a warrior, and will get the job done in the house!

1. I don't agree with removal from committees, because I think congressional leadership already has entirely too much power over their caucus and the result is more partisanship and performative virtue signaling. IMO we need to take a hard look at congressional reforms that give more power back to individual legislatures. Things like allowing bills to be voted on without explicit leadership approval.

2. I'm not "comfortable" with Manchin and Sinema, but at least they've held the line so far. But I've also not been comfortable with our political leadership a single day of my adult life. I've said it before, but until political discourse get's better in this country, gridlock is about the best I'm hoping for.

3. I'm not a fan of Pelosi either, but her and McConnel are both shrewd political operators who have held onto power
caryking
IseWolf22 said:

caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

hokiewolf said:

You hate to see it

Two things:

1. I don't agree with removal from committees, because I think congressional leadership already has entirely too much power over their caucus and the result is more partisanship and performative virtue signaling. IMO we need to take a hard look at congressional reforms that give more power back to individual legislatures. Things like allowing bills to be voted on without explicit leadership approval.

2. I'm not "comfortable" with Manchin and Sinema, but at least they've held the line so far. But I've also not been comfortable with our political leadership a single day of my adult life. I've said it before, but until political discourse get's better in this country, gridlock is about the best I'm hoping for.

3. I'm not a fan of Pelosi either, but her and McConnel are both shrewd political operators who have held onto power

1. Repeal the 17th amendment would be a GREAT start!!!

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

caryking said:

IseWolf22 said:

hokiewolf said:

You hate to see it

Two things:

1. Repeal the 17th amendment would be a GREAT start!!!
This is why the "greatest generation" is anything but. They failed the Constitution on their watch not only by allowing this, but also the 16th Amendment to pass. One was billed as soaking the rich, the other was sold as making our country more democratic. In both cases, their passage undermined key tenets of liberty that the founders had established. They knew full well from the ancient tyrants of Athens, why pure democracy cannot persist.
First Page Last Page
Page 81 of 157

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.