The Biden Administration

430,778 Views | 5465 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by James Henderson
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

When Cillizza goes after Biden like this, you know its serious. Granted, as you would expect, he blames a lot of it on Trump / GOP governors

Crisis of competence facing Joe Biden - CNNPolitics
Biden overturned everything else Trump did, so let's not act like this is Trump's fault. Biden is supposedly the President now since January 20. They could have enacted air strikes on those caravans weeks ago, but instead sat on their hands and did nothing. They did absolutely nothing.
Yep....I think this would have been bad whomever was POTUS because Taliban was eventually going to rollover whatever "unprotected" Afghan government was left in charge....but I think Biden, in particular, screwed it up royally. And looks worse for it because the one thing he said woudl not happen (in compare to Saigon), has absolutely already occurred
caryking
20 years and we end with this crap. Biden who sat in the Senate helping craft this mess, then, working as VP, under Obama, and now President. Completely out of his league!!

Now, the Biden admin wants to bring how many thousands of Afghanistan people to our country!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
caryking said:

20 years and we end with this crap. Biden who sat in the Senate helping craft this mess, then, working as VP, under Obama, and now President. Completely out of his league!!

Now, the Biden admin wants to bring how many thousands of Afghanistan people to our country!!!
Watch where they "relocate" the refugees...
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
packgrad
Biden took zero questions then went back on vacation. What a failure of leadership. Congrats TDS crowd.
BBW12OG
IseWolf22 said:

BBW12OG said:

IseWolf22 said:

BBW12OG said:

IseWolf22 said:

BBW12OG said:

It's going to happen...

Why don't they just get people to wear arm bands? I'm sure Isiswolf would enjoy that.... just saying.

He loves AOC and the Flunky Bunch.. especially Talib and Omar...... he's a fan. he absolutely defended their Anti-Semitic comments... twice.

Flagged for moderation.

Absolutely pathetic attempt.

I've only spoken down about the squad and have never defended anti-Semitism. Prove it liar
I don't need to prove what you said months ago. You defended Talib. You know damn well you did. You stayed away for a few weeks after doing it. You are the liar. And a bad one at that comrade Isis.

You really are delusional aren't you?

I made a comment about Amash and you tried to shoehorn Tlaib for an utterly unrelated point. I never defended her or anything she's said. You then started lying about it immediately.

And I "stayed away" because my kid had just started daycare and I'd been given a control of a new project at work. I have better things to do than argue with someone who's never once tried to engage in good faith.
And yet you continue to deflect and not address the fact that Tilab was on the same stage as Amash and you supported them. Thanks for pointing it out comrade. Noticed you completely glossed over the topic at hand. You do you. MARXISM/COMMUNISM suits you well. Your spin is obvious. Pretty sure you aren't upset with how things are going over there. Congrats Isiswolf. Your terror group appears to be coming back.
*** are you talking about? Amash was "on the same stage" with virtually every Republican in congress. Your original post trying to tie them together, and them somehow tie them to me, were some truly terrible leaps of logic.
LOL... feeling guilty there Isiswolf?

You mean Amash that left before he was booted from the GOP? You mean Amash that stood on stage with same politician, Talib, that wore a Hamas scarf on the floor of Congress? The same one that when you said you supported Amash I asked you what your thoughts were about Talib's comments and the fact that Amash was a self-proclaimed "supporter" of hers? And he NEVER once denounced her Anti-Semitic stance. I pointed that out to you and you never did either. You continued to voice your support for Amash.

That Amash? LMAO... I let it go.. you seem intent on digging it up. Go ahead... here's your platform Isiswolf...

Denounce Amash and Talib. Denounce their Anti-Semitic positions, comments, views and statements. Denounce their political position on the BDS movement.. which I asked you about and you dodged the question. I don't need you to answer that one.. it's pretty damn obvious your stance.

Go ahead Isis... tell us where you stand. There's more than one set of eyes on you for this one comrade.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Civilized
BBW12OG said:

Watch where they "relocate" the refugees...

Cary's new sister municipality Cara?
Oldsouljer
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

When Cillizza goes after Biden like this, you know its serious. Granted, as you would expect, he blames a lot of it on Trump / GOP governors

Biden overturned everything else Trump did, so let's not act like this is Trump's fault. Biden is supposedly the President now since January 20. They could have enacted air strikes on those caravans weeks ago, but instead sat on their hands and did nothing. They did absolutely nothing.
Biden learned from his old boss, who, deep into his first term, still blamed Bush for every screwup on Obama's watch.
Civilized
Oldsouljer said:

TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Biden learned from his old boss, who, deep into his first term, still blamed Bush for every screwup on Obama's watch.
Isn't that what all Presidents do?
Oldsouljer
Civilized said:

Oldsouljer said:

TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

I'd like to see some examples to support your hypothesis but I don't think I've ever witnessed any President prior to Obama do it so blatantly. If anyone had reason to blame their predecessor for an inherited mess, it was Reagan but I do not ever recall him saying anything negative about Carter outside of presidential debates.
Steve Videtich
TheStorm said:

cowboypack02 said:

It's all Trump's fault....even though Biden spent her first weeks in the office overturning every single thing that Trump did

He's a ****ing liar.

He inherited the deal alright! He just failed to execute the plan properly, and he doesn't have the balls to make the Taliban think twice about what they are doing. Trump had the Taliban and every other group in the world thinking twice before crossing the US. With this administration, I'm not sure we scare anybody!
packgrad
cowboypack02
Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

Oldsouljer said:

TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

I'd like to see some examples to support your hypothesis but I don't think I've ever witnessed any President prior to Obama do it so blatantly. If anyone had reason to blame their predecessor for an inherited mess, it was Reagan but I do not ever recall him saying anything negative about Carter outside of presidential debates.

Presidents never really criticized previous presidents before Obama talked about Bush constantly. Of course with Trump every former president that is still alive criticized him relentlessly for everything.

Hell of it is that if the founding fathers were still alive they would be alot closer to Trumps rhetoric and actions then any of the previous presidents still alive
ciscopack
..and here I was thinking GB II and M Obama were fairly tight.

Trump Hopes No One Remembers He Pushed for a Full Afghanistan Withdrawal in June

"President Trump did the Biden administration no favors by making it very clear that he was going to remove U.S. troops and beginning a negotiation process which was driven by that imperative. He really let the Taliban set the tone and the direction of the talks," said a former State Department official who served in the Trump administration and previous administrations.

"In many ways, what Trump starts, Biden is prepared to fulfill," the official said.

Biden has long been a skeptic of the continued U.S. presence in Afghanistan, and he advocated during his time as vice president for a smaller footprint there. While Biden spent his first weeks in office unraveling his predecessor's agenda with ruthless efficiency, he announced in April that he would follow through with plans first announced by Trump to withdraw U.S. forces from Afghanistan.

But as the withdrawal nears its conclusion, the situation has gone awry. The Taliban have swept through major cities and took control faster than Biden administration officials predicted, and the Afghan forces trained and equipped by American troops have failed to provide much resistance.

The U.S. has scrambled to get its own diplomatic personnel out of the capital city of Kabul, as well as briskly process and evacuate thousands of Afghan civilians who aided the Americans over the last 20 years. Many of those allies now fear for their safety under Taliban rule.

The Trump administration brokered a deal with the Taliban in 2020 that laid out a plan for the U.S. to fully withdraw from Afghanistan by May 2021 if the group upheld certain commitments, such as denying safe haven to al Qaeda.

Roughly 2,500 troops remained in Afghanistan when Biden took office. The president in April said he would follow through on the planned withdrawal, but he moved the end date back to Sept. 11, and later shifted it to Aug. 31, citing logistical considerations.

"I wish Joe Biden wouldn't use September 11 as the date to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan, for two reasons," Trump said in a statement at the time. "First, we can and should get out earlier. Nineteen years is enough, in fact, far too much and way too long."

jkpackfan
Lol good lord you people need to get over your obsession with Trump. He's not in charge anymore and Biden could've done whatever he wanted with regards to Afghanistan.

Seeing people trying to blame this on Trump is comical, he's gone and own up to the fact that Biden royally screwed this up.
caryking
cowboypack02 said:

Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

Oldsouljer said:

TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Presidents never really criticized previous presidents before Obama talked about Bush constantly. Of course with Trump every former president that is still alive criticized him relentlessly for everything.

Hell of it is that if the founding fathers were still alive they would be alot closer to Trumps rhetoric and actions then any of the previous presidents still alive
That is so true!

Joe Biden
packgrad
MSNBC has apparently gone all in on Biden making a great speech, he owned the withdrawal, going as planned, and it would have been worse under Trump. Lol. The left is such a cult. Truly remarkable.
caryking
ciscopack said:

Trump Hopes No One Remembers He Pushed for a Full Afghanistan Withdrawal in June

"President Trump did the Biden administration no favors by making it very clear that he was going to remove U.S. troops and beginning a negotiation process which was driven by that imperative. He really let the Taliban set the tone and the direction of the talks," said a former State Department official who served in the Trump administration and previous administrations.

"In many ways, what Trump starts, Biden is prepared to fulfill," the official said.

Biden has long been a skeptic of the continued U.S. presence in Afghanistan, and he advocated during his time as vice president for a smaller footprint there. While Biden spent his first weeks in office unraveling his predecessor's agenda with ruthless efficiency, he announced in April that he would follow through with plans first announced by Trump to withdraw U.S. forces from Afghanistan.

But as the withdrawal nears its conclusion, the situation has gone awry. The Taliban have swept through major cities and took control faster than Biden administration officials predicted, and the Afghan forces trained and equipped by American troops have failed to provide much resistance.

The U.S. has scrambled to get its own diplomatic personnel out of the capital city of Kabul, as well as briskly process and evacuate thousands of Afghan civilians who aided the Americans over the last 20 years. Many of those allies now fear for their safety under Taliban rule.

The Trump administration brokered a deal with the Taliban in 2020 that laid out a plan for the U.S. to fully withdraw from Afghanistan by May 2021 if the group upheld certain commitments, such as denying safe haven to al Qaeda.

Roughly 2,500 troops remained in Afghanistan when Biden took office. The president in April said he would follow through on the planned withdrawal, but he moved the end date back to Sept. 11, and later shifted it to Aug. 31, citing logistical considerations.

"I wish Joe Biden wouldn't use September 11 as the date to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan, for two reasons," Trump said in a statement at the time. "First, we can and should get out earlier. Nineteen years is enough, in fact, far too much and way too long."

That is one Hell of a narrative... yes, Trump wanted out. BTW, did you want out?

The real question is: would a Trump withdrawal look anything like what we have just witnessed?

Remember: Trumps going to get us in a war with Rocketman (N. Korea) it didn't happen. Trumps going to get us in a war with Russia. It didn't happen. Trumps going to get us in a war with China. It didn't happen. Trump this, Trump that... it didn't happen. Now, we can look safely back at his poor COVID handling and realize... it didn't happen!

This world was stable when he was President! You all know it, but you can't admit it!

Joe Biden
caryking
packgrad said:

MSNBC has apparently gone all in on Biden making a great speech, he owned the withdrawal, going as planned, and it would have been worse under Trump. Lol. The left is such a cult. Truly remarkable.
The left are one BIG HACK!!

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
ciscopack said:

The minute this article mentioned the comments of a state department official who worked under Trump AND earlier administrations, one is immediately informed that this article is unserious. Much of the country has become well aware of the nomenklatura's attitudes toward this particular President.
BBW12OG
ciscopack said:

"but, but, but, Truuuummmmmmpppppp....." Way to go comrade. After admitting you support SOCIALISM, which you did, again you felt the need to prove that you are nothing but a left wing hack.

EVERYONE wanted out of Afghanistan. That is a fact. Getting out was predetermined. The execution, which is what the problem/disaster was/is. Get your head out of your rear end, take off the lefty glasses and put down the partisan kool-aid.

There are anywhere from 3k - 10k American Citizens over there right now because Sleepy Joe closed Bagram Air Base, the ONLY 100% secured Air Base in Afghanistan in the dark of the night without even letting the Commander know anything about it. You think that may have been helpful in evacuating the IVS, Americans, Allies etc...

I know you could care less about America, the Constitution or for that matter, the lives that Sleepy Joe's boneheaded decisions are going to cost. But you make asinine statements like this one expect to get called out for what you are and the BS you spin.

Again, when you post something of substance it will be your first post of substance. Now read this. Here are some facts for you comrade.

https://apnews.com/article/bagram-afghanistan-airfield-us-troops-f3614828364f567593251aaaa167e623#:~:text=BAGRAM%2C%20Afghanistan%20(AP)%20%E2%80%94,left%2C%20Afghan%20military%20officials%20said.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
Any station that puts proven liar Brian Williams on air has ZERO credibility. Thank God we have veterans like this that can call out the BS MSM propaganda overlords for what they are. This dude destroyed Williams!

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Steve Williams
Staff
I served in Desert Storm...in six months we virtually obliterated the Iraqi Army. We've been in Afghanistan for 20 years. 20 years! And the Taliban takes the country in 72 hours. At $300 million per day, what the hell were we doing for two decades?
BBW12OG
Steve Williams said:

I served in Desert Storm...in six months we virtually obliterated the Iraqi Army. We've been in Afghanistan for 20 years. 20 years! And the Taliban takes the country in 72 hours. At $300 million per day, what the hell were we doing for two decades?
Thank you for your service sir. My thoughts are to you and your fellow servicemen and servicewomen. I agree with you 100%.

I believe the answer should be asked to Representative Liz Cheney. She seems to be on every MSM network the last year or so. The military machine, those who benefited from it financially and the ones in Washington that allowed it to happen.

Aside from that, in my opinion, keeping the terror threat at a minimum at best. Now that seems to be gone. China is already licking their chops over the rare earth mineral reserves there that the Afghans have no clue how to mine or produce. That country is about to be picked clean for its' natural resources by China.

China will utilize the Afghans as workers, pretty sure the Taliban will enslave those who were against them and China will pay them a minimal amount and they will be happy.

The exit needed to happen. Sleepy Joe was more worried about the upcoming 20th Anniversary Memorial of 9/11 and being able to laud "no boots on the ground in Afghanistan" than he was a successful exit strategy. The fact that he called this a "successful exit" during his speech says all anyone needs to know about the competency of the party he represents.

Again, thank you for your service sir.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
IseWolf22
BBW12OG said:

IseWolf22 said:

BBW12OG said:

IseWolf22 said:

BBW12OG said:

IseWolf22 said:

BBW12OG said:

It's going to happen...

Why don't they just get people to wear arm bands? I'm sure Isiswolf would enjoy that.... just saying.

He loves AOC and the Flunky Bunch.. especially Talib and Omar...... he's a fan. he absolutely defended their Anti-Semitic comments... twice.

Flagged for moderation.

Absolutely pathetic attempt.

I've only spoken down about the squad and have never defended anti-Semitism. Prove it liar
I don't need to prove what you said months ago. You defended Talib. You know damn well you did. You stayed away for a few weeks after doing it. You are the liar. And a bad one at that comrade Isis.

You really are delusional aren't you?

I made a comment about Amash and you tried to shoehorn Tlaib for an utterly unrelated point. I never defended her or anything she's said. You then started lying about it immediately.

And I "stayed away" because my kid had just started daycare and I'd been given a control of a new project at work. I have better things to do than argue with someone who's never once tried to engage in good faith.
And yet you continue to deflect and not address the fact that Tilab was on the same stage as Amash and you supported them. Thanks for pointing it out comrade. Noticed you completely glossed over the topic at hand. You do you. MARXISM/COMMUNISM suits you well. Your spin is obvious. Pretty sure you aren't upset with how things are going over there. Congrats Isiswolf. Your terror group appears to be coming back.
*** are you talking about? Amash was "on the same stage" with virtually every Republican in congress. Your original post trying to tie them together, and them somehow tie them to me, were some truly terrible leaps of logic.
LOL... feeling guilty there Isiswolf?

You mean Amash that left before he was booted from the GOP? You mean Amash that stood on stage with same politician, Talib, that wore a Hamas scarf on the floor of Congress? The same one that when you said you supported Amash I asked you what your thoughts were about Talib's comments and the fact that Amash was a self-proclaimed "supporter" of hers? And he NEVER once denounced her Anti-Semitic stance. I pointed that out to you and you never did either. You continued to voice your support for Amash.

That Amash? LMAO... I let it go.. you seem intent on digging it up. Go ahead... here's your platform Isiswolf...

Denounce Amash and Talib. Denounce their Anti-Semitic positions, comments, views and statements. Denounce their political position on the BDS movement.. which I asked you about and you dodged the question. I don't need you to answer that one.. it's pretty damn obvious your stance.

Go ahead Isis... tell us where you stand. There's more than one set of eyes on you for this one comrade.
You keep trying to link Amash and Tlaib but you don't have much to stand on besides them both being from Michigan. Amash has said multiple times he doesn't support BDS. You're engaging in the worst of political BS trying to assign someone's views via multiple degrees of separation.

You continue to go lower and lower, scraping the barrel when you accuse me of supporting terrorism. Think about what you are implying. It's disgusting. And let's not forget you are the derailing this thread, repeatedly trying to drag this back up with your "Isis" stick.
Steve Williams
Staff
Completely agree that the exit needed to happen. How it was executed was a complete cluster. Obviously it was a money pit with no real results for the investment. However, this isn't just a Biden issue in the big scheme of things. This is a Bush-Obama-Trump-Biden issue. They all had a hand in this debacle. Once Bin Laden was dead we should've been gone. 20 years later and that's all we really have to show for $2 trillion spent and thousands of American lives lost.
Packchem91
BBW12OG said:

Any station that puts proven liar Brian Williams on air has ZERO credibility. Thank God we have veterans like this that can call out the BS MSM propaganda overlords for what they are. This dude destroyed Williams!

Didn't watch the interview, but your general comment -- 100% agree. In a business that requires trust, how do you give that guy such a big gig. Shows how little respect they have for the viewer.
*And of course, most of his viewers don't really care about his background....all they care about is he stays on message.
bgr3
Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Didn't watch the interview, but your general comment -- 100% agree. In a business that requires trust, how do you give that guy such a big gig. Shows how little respect they have for the viewer.
*And of course, most of his viewers don't really care about his background....all they care about is he stays on message.
CNN occasionally has Dan Rather on their show "Reliable Sources" FFS
FlossyDFlynt
So let me get this straight - Biden spent the majority of the first six months of his term undoing everything Trump did, causing inflation, border crossings, reliance on OPEC, etc to rise drastically, but THIS is the one plan of Trump's he kept? Yea...Im not buying that at all. This clusterf*** is directly on him and his administration.

Biden is the disaster that I was worried Trump would be in 2016. Just completely incompetent
Packchem91
bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Really? I mean, does anyone even look at say, this doesn't look right?

*As much as I despised Rather's smugness back in teh day, I don't think his situation was as black-and-white bald-face lie as Williams though, was it? And given the usual audience of CNN shows, I'd expect most viewers would have supported him anyway, sadly
bgr3
Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Really? I mean, does anyone even look at say, this doesn't look right?

*As much as I despised Rather's smugness back in teh day, I don't think his situation was as black-and-white bald-face lie as Williams though, was it? And given the usual audience of CNN shows, I'd expect most viewers would have supported him anyway, sadly
Jeff Zucker runs CNN so if you are asking if they have any shame the answer is no, they do not. People don't remember that Jeff Zucker was the guy running NBC Entertainment when Trump started on The Apprentice way back when.

Google Dan Rather Reliable Sources for dozens of screen grabs of him on the show from the last few years.

As for if the situation was as bad as Brian Williams, I suppose thats a matter of opinion but Rather ran with documents that were too good to check and whether it was willful or negligient misrepresentation is kind of irrelevant if you ask me. That situation ended up being a canary in the coal mine of the current day corporate press.
DrummerboyWolf
I haven't looked at this thread in a while, but anybody defending the handling of what just happened by a demented pedophile in the White House is just crazy.

Trump did want to get us out of there, but it would have been handled much different and Trump let it be known he was not going to play games. The Taliban is laughing and mocking the oatmeal and ice cream that is dripping all over Biden's clothes and he doesn't know.

Steve, thanks again for your service. Desert Storm was how a war should be run, but the stupid politicians GHWBush and Colin Powell screwed it up. Had they let the military finish the job, we never would have had to go back there.
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
Oldsouljer
I agree with one exception. We should have also nailed Iran at that time, and we've been paying for that ever since. Much bigger country but no need to fully invade, just separate the ethnic Arabs in oil producing southwest Iran into their own country, would have set back Teheran for decades.
hokiewolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

I haven't looked at this thread in a while, but anybody defending the handling of what just happened by a demented pedophile in the White House is just crazy.

Trump did want to get us out of there, but it would have been handled much different and Trump let it be known he was not going to play games. The Taliban is laughing and mocking the oatmeal and ice cream that is dripping all over Biden's clothes and he doesn't know.

Steve, thanks again for your service. Desert Storm was how a war should be run, but the stupid politicians GHWBush and Colin Powell screwed it up. Had they let the military finish the job, we never would have had to go back there.
This is where you and I disagree. If Trump was in office, you would have still seen the same collapse in the Afghan government then you are seeing now. The US never had the intention to win the war. The fact that some people believe that tough talk would keep the Taliban at bay is laughable. As soon as the US troops left, they made their move because their only play was to win. They were the only ones at the table that had a winning strategy. Neither Trump nor Biden would have changed the eventual outcome of the Taliban taking back control.

Now, the current debacle of evacuation is all on Biden. I don't buy for a second that any of what you're seeing now in Afghanistan is part of "Trumps plan" and I.e. his fault. It was pretty funny that Biden said the buck stops with him and then he went on to blame Trump and the Afghan government. That's the opposite of accountability.
DrummerboyWolf
Oldsouljer said:

I agree with one exception. We should have also nailed Iran at that time, and we've been paying for that ever since. Much bigger country but no need to fully invade, just separate the ethnic Arabs in oil producing southwest Iran into their own country, would have set back Teheran for decades.
Well that was Jimmy Carter's fiasco that should have been handled in 1979
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
PackFansXL
Quote:

Obama's former ambassador to Afghanistan, Ryan Crocker, said:
Quote:

"We're going to pay for that for a long time to come, and that's why it is insane just idiotic to think that we can tell the Taliban that if they don't stop taking over territory and play nice, the international community will withhold recognition and support," he said. "The Taliban really doesn't care, because they've got something far more valuable."

Crocker said he also worries the Taliban could again harbor terrorist groups, while U.S. intelligence agencies will be less capable of tracking threats in the country after the withdrawal.

"We have seen this movie before," he said. "This would be the Taliban of the 1990s that gave safe haven to al-Qaida, except they're meaner and tougher than they were then because of what they've been through."

"I'm left with some grave questions in my mind about his ability to lead our nation as commander-in-chief," Crocker said. "To have read this so wrong or, even worse, to have understood what was likely to happen and not care."

First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 157

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.