The Biden Administration

433,359 Views | 5465 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by James Henderson
WPNfamily
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

Look, I'm not ardent enough of a gun contrarian to argue this. I fully assume all of you here are law-abiding gun owners and will never have a lapse and do something bad.

But though I"ve never read where the 2A "explicitly says you can have military-grade guns" like GP says (clearly, thats his interpretation), I don't think ARs were commonly used military-grade weapons back in 1791.

I was asked what I believe in...i agree with Pineking on a lot of points, just think we as a country could do a lot more about preventing so many deaths from guns.
You really don't think things through before you post do you? I am hoping like hell for your sake that you are on some damn good 10 hour drinking binge. If not, like I said before, you should sit this one out. Nice edit on your earlier post about "high repeating rifles.."

Glad to see you did some research and you were able to learn something. I may try to add that to my signature line... I asked my 10 year old daughter what that was and she looked at me like I was crazy. And for good reason. She knows more about guns than you do and she's not on a message board trying to play "Mr. Know It All" on guns.

Now... for your next lesson. What guns do you think were used in the military in the 1700's?

I am not going to tell you. Look it up.

I will tell you this. They were the SAME guns that the colonists, settlers, British Army, French Army and pretty damn sure every army that had rifles used in the 1700's.

Today, in America, we do NOT use the types of guns that the military use for the most part. There are certain exceptions but I would wager that we have access to less than 20% of the same firearms that the military utilize across the different branches.

And... guess what? WE as AMERICANS are NOT allowed to purchase or own, without a permit, a "fully automatic" gun. Some states won't even allow them at all. Those are MILITARY GRADE WEAPONS... your typical AR rifle is NOT what ANY member of ANY branch of the military would ever use.

Keep flailing... it's damn entertaining. And hopefully, like I said, you are 10 sheets in the wind. If you aren't, lie and say you are.
Ask your daughter if it also sounds crazy that we have 2x more gun deaths per 100 people than lovely Yemen, 3x more than Serbia and Montenegro. Vacation destinations, if ever there were ones.
Guns don't kill. People do.
cowboypack02
Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

Look, I'm not ardent enough of a gun contrarian to argue this. I fully assume all of you here are law-abiding gun owners and will never have a lapse and do something bad.

But though I"ve never read where the 2A "explicitly says you can have military-grade guns" like GP says (clearly, thats his interpretation), I don't think ARs were commonly used military-grade weapons back in 1791.

I was asked what I believe in...i agree with Pineking on a lot of points, just think we as a country could do a lot more about preventing so many deaths from guns.

They did have Gatling guns in 1791....I'd love to have one of those bad boys
GuerrillaPack
Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

You really don't think things through before you post do you? I am hoping like hell for your sake that you are on some damn good 10 hour drinking binge. If not, like I said before, you should sit this one out. Nice edit on your earlier post about "high repeating rifles.."

Glad to see you did some research and you were able to learn something. I may try to add that to my signature line... I asked my 10 year old daughter what that was and she looked at me like I was crazy. And for good reason. She knows more about guns than you do and she's not on a message board trying to play "Mr. Know It All" on guns.

Now... for your next lesson. What guns do you think were used in the military in the 1700's?

I will tell you this. They were the SAME guns that the colonists, settlers, British Army, French Army and pretty damn sure every army that had rifles used in the 1700's.

Today, in America, we do NOT use the types of guns that the military use for the most part. There are certain exceptions but I would wager that we have access to less than 20% of the same firearms that the military utilize across the different branches.

And... guess what? WE as AMERICANS are NOT allowed to purchase or own, without a permit, a "fully automatic" gun. Some states won't even allow them at all. Those are MILITARY GRADE WEAPONS... your typical AR rifle is NOT what ANY member of ANY branch of the military would ever use.

Keep flailing... it's damn entertaining. And hopefully, like I said, you are 10 sheets in the wind. If you aren't, lie and say you are.
Ask your daughter if it also sounds crazy that we have 2x more gun deaths per 100 people than lovely Yemen, 3x more than Serbia and Montenegro. Vacation destinations, if ever there were ones.

Only 14,000 Americans are murdered per year using firearms. Per CDC stats: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

Compare that to ~37,000 Americans killed in automobile accidents per year, ~80,000 drug overdose deaths per year, 480,000 deaths per year in the US from cigarette smoking, etc.

Where is the Leftist hysteria calling for a ban on cars or smoking?

Why is it all about AR-15s, when those are probably only used in around 50 homicides per year?

Ohh, but they say "even 50 is too many" and look at those poor children killed, so "do it for the children". As if the same people who champion mass murdering over 600,000 unborn children per year give one rats behind about the lives of children.

cowboypack02
pineknollshoresking said:

griff17matt said:

cowboypack02 said:

griff17matt said:

Packchem91 said:

griff17matt said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

An AR is fun to shoot. I was pinging steel targets at 300 yards at the range last weekend.
And meth is fun for some people to shoot up too (I have no idea why). so should we just legalize that and allow ABC stores to sell it, even to licensed buyers?

I know, thats a bit of a stretch to compare, and I fully understand the passion of people who are, and have always been law-abiding citizens to have fun....but how much carnage is enough for "fun"?

I think the aim is misguided in this discussion. This should be about how much we have failed as a society to help people with obvious mental health issues which lead to these sorts of outcomes. You could remove every damn gun in this country and you'd still have mass stabbings like they do in the UK. It's not about the weapon, it's about the person. So, how do we fix mental health issues in this country without stomping on the 2nd amendment?
I'm a big proponent of improved and availability of mental health care. Clearly, it is a root issue. But, come on man, I know you are smart enough to agree if it were your kid's HS that had this angry, mentally unstable 11th grader walking around, you'd much prefer to know he had a knife than an assault rifle at his disposal.

Of course I'd rather he have a knife than a gun, but if he comes in there with 3 1911's, he could take out tons of kids if he pre-loaded multiple magazines. It's a never ending slide because when the AR's are gone, whatever they use next will be in the crosshairs, so to speak. And it's not addressing the ACTUAL issue. We do this time and time and time again. We treat symptoms instead of the disease.

Hell, I'd be fine with making people that buy ARs sign papers that they will be held responsible for any casualties that occur due to their specific gun being found at a crime scene. Background checks need to be thorough. I wouldn't be opposed to some type of psychological test to determine their mental health as part of that background check.

The 2nd amendment, nowadays at least, is less about protecting yourself from the government and more about protecting yourself from lunatics.

How about this...we send everyone with mental health issues to psychologists. They convince them all that they're really transsexuals and then we'll turn all the mentally unstable, aggressive males into females. Dems get a bunch of ******s and Pubs get to keep their ARs.

I don't agree with the first part of this at all. What your saying is that if someone breaks into my house and steals my guns, and then shoots someone with it I can be held responsible. That's a non starter for me on any type of gun control.

Secondly here in NC when I went and got my conceal carry permit I did go see a doc and he certified that I was mentally stable.

Third....I would classify a lot of people that are in the government as lunatics, mentally unsound, or absolutely unqualified for their positions....and i'm not just talking about the unelected folks. From what i've seen the rank and file officials are absolutely vindictive and have shown a willingness to go after people that they absolutely have a distain for....and they absolutely are willing to play favorites and only enforce laws one way.

So if someone broke into your house and stole your guns, you wouldn't report them as stolen? I was speaking more in the vein of the 11th grader shooting up a school with a gun he got from his daddy because his dumbass doesn't think his perfect angel of ason would ever do something like that.

Good. I don't own a gun and haven't gone through this process so glad to hear it's part of the process.

And if they come on your property to threaten you or your family, you should be able to protect yourself. If you think you can fend off the military or swat with a ****ing AR then you're a damn fool.
Here is the thing.. I own an AR; however, I rarely shoot it. It's stored away, not in a gun case. So, if someone broke in my house and stole my AR, it's extremely possible that I wouldn't know my AR is gone, unless the break-in was obvious. If not, I wouldn't look for my AR where I store it.

Being that I am both caryking and pineknollshoresking, that does present a challenge with my AR and me. I'm currently at Pine Knoll Shores and my AR is in Cary.

Oh, I'd rather have my AR to fend off someone, regardless of who they are, if needed. That being said, I certainly hope none of us have to deal with that.

I just completed my Concealed Carry Permit course last weekend. Nothing about the process, that I'm aware of, requires a mental sign-off, by a doctor, to conceal carry.

It wasn't the class that made me to see the doc...when I filled out the paperwork at the sheriff's office I had to go see a doc. I live in Chowan Co.
cowboypack02
GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

Only 14,000 Americans are murdered per year using firearms. Per CDC stats: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

Compare that to ~37,000 Americans killed in automobile accidents per year, ~80,000 drug overdose deaths per year, 480,000 deaths per year in the US from cigarette smoking, etc.

Why is it all about AR-15s, when those are probably only used in around 50 homicides per year?

The other thing that no one seems to realize is that there is a whole lot more types of ARs thank just the AR-15.
Packchem91
GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

Ohh, but they say "even 50 is too many" and look at those poor children killed, so "do it for the children". As if the same people who champion mass murdering over 600,000 unborn children per year give one rats behind about the lives of children.

You are comparing car accidents (and cars clearly provide significant value to our everday lives...we would not be able to function without them) to murders, seriously?

As for tobacco...you still smoke in your office? There have been tons of restrictions. Since I hate smoking, I'd have no real concern if they got rid of that either.

As for your last comment...sure, lots of hypocrisy in our political efforts. And many of those screaming to allow the abortions would shoot you if you hurt a whale
GuerrillaPack
Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

You are comparing car accidents (and cars clearly provide significant value to our everday lives...we would not be able to function without them) to murders, seriously?

As for tobacco...you still smoke in your office? There have been tons of restrictions. Since I hate smoking, I'd have no real concern if they got rid of that either.

As for your last comment...sure, lots of hypocrisy in our political efforts. And many of those screaming to allow the abortions would shoot you if you hurt a whale

Guns provide significant value to our lives and nation as a whole. Gun ownership protects far more lives than the harm done with them. Millions of people protect themselves from being victims of theft, rape, and murder every year - just from potential criminals being DETERRED, because they know that good people are armed.

Guns aren't "bad". If they are, then why are the police and military armed to the teeth? Just as the military being heavily armed protects the nation, individuals protect themselves, family, and their property and livelihood by being armed.
hokiewolf
GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

To be fair, I would say there is leftist hysteria with respect to smoking and cars
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Packchem91
GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

Guns provide significant value to our lives and nation as a whole. Gun ownership protects far more lives than the harm done with them. Millions of people protect themselves from being victims of theft, rape, and murder every year - just from potential criminals being DETERRED, because they know that good people are armed..

Interesting, you could say the same about vaccinessaved countless lives, killed / harmed a mere fraction as compared to gunsyet.
packgrad
GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

80,000 drug overdoses and the people calling for banning guns are calling to legalize drugs. Lol. The AR15 is their whale. There should be no compromise from the right on this. I'm fine with getting rid of whatever supposed trade show loophole there is. I don't think we need to enact more restrictions on mentally fit, law abiding citizens from getting weapons though. Especially with how enabled the left has become.
cowboypack02
packgrad said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

80,000 drug overdoses and the people calling for banning guns are calling to legalize drugs. Lol. The AR15 is their whale. There should be no compromise from the right on this. I'm fine with getting rid of whatever supposed trade show loophole there is. I don't think we need to enact more restrictions on mentally fit, law abiding citizens from getting weapons though. Especially with how enabled the left has become.
Honestly they can have my AR 15 if they are willing to pay my asking price. MY AR 10 on the other hand i going to keep

There is no trade show loophole that i've ever seen....and I usually catch a few gun shows per year
packgrad
cowboypack02 said:

packgrad said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

Honestly they can have my AR 15 if they are willing to pay my asking price. MY AR 10 on the other hand i going to keep

There is no trade show loophole that i've ever seen....and I usually catch a few gun shows per year

I'm not aware of it either. But leftists and independents that never have been to a trade show promise me there is. I've been indifferent to my AR and SKS until I spent some good quality time with them last weekend. Had so much fun shooting them.
Civilized
packgrad said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

People are calling for legal recreational opioids?
BBW12OG
Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^
Interesting, you could say the same about vaccinessaved countless lives, killed / harmed a mere fraction as compared to gunsyet.

Guns provide significant value to our lives and nation as a whole. Gun ownership protects far more lives than the harm done with them. Millions of people protect themselves from being victims of theft, rape, and murder every year - just from potential criminals being DETERRED, because they know that good people are armed..

I'll address the two statements you made last night individually.

Quote:

I don't need to ask her about cherry picked statistics from a drunken SOCIALIST on a topic that he knows absolutely nothing about. You proved that with your "high repeating rifle" comment yesterday. Classic.... funny as hell that you went back and edited it after being exposed for the uneducated activist that you are.

What I will continue to do is educate her on firearm safety, how to use them, how to clean them, how to store them safely and securely and when and where to use them. I also will continue to educate her on the different types of firearms and how they function so she will be able to safely use them. Along with that I will make sure she is aware of activist, like you, that have no working knowledge on the topic of guns, gun safety or the reason why we need our 2nd Amendment rights.

Quote:

Interesting, you could say the same about vaccinessaved countless lives, killed / harmed a mere fraction as compared to gunsyet. - Packchem91
I have captured this one before you can edit it. This damn well may become Water Color legend. Not sure if you borrowed that from a Sleepy Joe speech or if the booze finally took full control of your keyboard. It is full of so much awesomeness I don't know where to begin.

You have been provided with statistics from numerous posters. You have been given links that dispute every drunken rant you made last night. But yet this is your crown jewel. A slurred meaningless post that is in direct contradiction of several points you fruitlessly attempted to make.

At no point did you attempt to address the self accountability factor that plays into guns and gun safety. Typical SOCIALIST mindset. "It's never my fault..."

People with ideologies like you and your SOCIALIST ilk are the very reason why we need our 2nd Amendment rights.

Do yourself a favor, while you are nursing what I hope is one hellacious hangover, follow those links, educate yourself on the topic before you jump in grown folks' conversations.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
TheStorm
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-putin-russian-cyberattacks-list-16-off-limits-criticism

We have some really dumb people in charge of this country right now...
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

Www.google.com
BBW12OG
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

As much as I hate to respond to you I will never miss the opportunity to point out to every one just exactly how you post just to troll. It would have taken you as much time to google search to find out the answer. But yet you wanted to try and look like you have a "gotcha" moment like your lefty MSM overlords.

Here's to more egg on your face....

https://drugpolicy.org/press-release/2021/02/drug-decriminalization-oregon-officially-begins-today

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/04/election-drugs-oregon-new-jersey/

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/could-oregons-decision-to-decriminalize-hard-drugs-provide-a-model-for-the-country

I even linked two of your SOCIALIST MSM propaganda sites so you wouldn't dispute the information. We all know you read something from your MSM overlords you slurp it up like its....a milkshake.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

Packchem, this is where history comes into play. In Virginia, citizens were required to keep a canon. BTW, automatic guns were around; however, not as plentiful as today.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-putin-russian-cyberattacks-list-16-off-limits-criticism

Yeah, that seemed like a really weird approach. Look guys, here are things that will really hurt us....read: do these things to shut us down. Or, also read: go knock out these other industries that will also hurt us.

Seems like a fair question for media to ask -- why give them a list of our critical networks? Are we ok if they attack other areas?
BBW12OG
"Now you listen.... you don't take another damn question without our approval or your ass will be making quilts with rest of the residents...."

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
Folks, I just did a concealed carry class. One of the most important things being taught is around "Stand Your Ground" laws in NC. The "Stand Your Ground" laws give citizens the ability to protect themselves with less fear (legal actions that is) while being assaulted by an assailant.

Now, the instructor was very clear; if you are in a situation where you need to protect yourself, the best option is to look for a way out of the situations as opposed to "Stand Your Ground". If we can get our families safe and secure with our having to deal with the assailant, that is always the best action.

So, in summary, gun training teaches you all the safe ways to take yourself and your family out of harms way, without unloading a magazine on the assailant. This is why, I believe, the assault on guns is all about control than anything else. These people know that easiest way to control its population is an eradication of the 1st and 2nd amendments to the constitution.

These amendments can stand in the constitution and have no meaning. That is the slow change the Communist, Marxist have been doing for a long time. Read Sal Alinsky books and you will see his rules are being used everyday. They do this to get the upper hand in every argument and its working.

Joe Biden
caryking
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Yeah, that seemed like a really weird approach. Look guys, here are things that will really hurt us....read: do these things to shut us down. Or, also read: go knock out these other industries that will also hurt us.

Seems like a fair question for media to ask -- why give them a list of our critical networks? Are we ok if they attack other areas?
Actually, I don't have a problem with Biden's tactics. I'm not arguing whether he is right; however, if he feels as if the reporter is trying to do a 'Gotcha", then, I would have probably responded the same way.

Joe Biden
cowboypack02

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Actually, I don't have a problem with Biden's tactics. I'm not arguing whether he is right; however, if he feels as if the reporter is trying to do a 'Gotcha", then, I would have probably responded the same way.
I actually have more of an issue with how Biden was treated as opposed to Trump when Trump had words with a reporter. It is a complete 180
Packchem91

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

I don't think i was clear. My issue with him was why he gave them a list of "only these items are off limits". Why not tell them we won't tolerate any meddling?

My comment about the reporters questions was more of a general one -- as in, this week, when he returns to DC, or Psaki gives her presser, ask why we would basically greenlight attacking business outside these 16?

I recognize he had an exchange with a media member or two, asking q's there....so that probably clouded my comment. I do think, eventually, the media will take off the kid gloves with him, and he will not handle it well -- he already doesn't, and this will only get worse as he gets older and more challenged.
hokiewolf

Folks, I just did a concealed carry class. One of the most important things being taught is around "Stand Your Ground" laws in NC. The "Stand Your Ground" laws give citizens the ability to protect themselves with less fear (legal actions that is) while being assaulted by an assailant.

Now, the instructor was very clear; if you are in a situation where you need to protect yourself, the best option is to look for a way out of the situations as opposed to "Stand Your Ground". If we can get our families safe and secure with our having to deal with the assailant, that is always the best action.

So, in summary, gun training teaches you all the safe ways to take yourself and your family out of harms way, without unloading a magazine on the assailant. This is why, I believe, the assault on guns is all about control than anything else. These people know that easiest way to control its population is an eradication of the 1st and 2nd amendments to the constitution.

These amendments can stand in the constitution and have no meaning. That is the slow change the Communist, Marxist have been doing for a long time. Read Sal Alinsky books and you will see his rules are being used everyday. They do this to get the upper hand in every argument and its working.
. This is really great information, I appreciate you sharing. I would think that education would produce far greater good with respect to guns rather than limiting amounts and types. All you do then is create a viable black market. With concealed carry permits, do you have to take a refresher every couple of years or is it a one time thing?
PackPA2015
hokiewolf said:

. This is really great information, I appreciate you sharing. I would think that education would produce far greater good with respect to guns rather than limiting amounts and types. All you do then is create a viable black market. With concealed carry permits, do you have to take a refresher every couple of years or is it a one time thing?
One time thing unless you let your license lapse and do not fill out the forms to renew it in time. Every renewal is another background check on you through your local Sheriff's office and state office.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Education is for law abiding people. The people committing most of the gun crimes are not law abiding. Yes, the education is required for concealed carry; however, law abiding gun people do refresher courses all the time. Every time we go to the range, Range officers are there to keep us in check and make sure we follow our trained practices.

That is why we have so many law abiding gun people complaining!!!!

Joe Biden
IseWolf22
BBW12OG said:

IseWolf22 said:

IseWolf22 said:

BBW12OG said:

IsisWolf22 supports an anti-Semitic supporter. I'm not sure he cares about facts. The only thing he and his ilk can say is "Trump bad...Trump real, real bad....."

Isle, go away, please... Your actions causes BBW's responses.
No

One person here repeatedly make bad faith arguments, lies, and directly attacks posters in violation of board rules. A mod has admitted this special snowflake has a safe space carved out just for them. As long as the other conservatives on this board aren't going to call out BBWs bad behavior, I'm going to mock him like a child.

We had interesting and sometimes even productive arguments before he was on the board. The level of discourse has plummeted the past several months.
Show me where I have lied. I will sit back and wait. You don't like the facts that I present because they don't align with your left wing liberal ideology. Tough **** boss man. Get over it.

Mock me like a child that's fine. You can't dispute the facts only piss and moan on the presentation. Calling me a snowflake is laughable because 75% of your posts are nothing but that of a petulant supposed grown man complaining about conversations on a political message board.

Do you see the irony in your posts or do I need to define what irony means for you. You had an echo chamber with a few Conservatives being shouted down by you and your lefty brigade. You want group think and people who agree and prop up your lefty wish list.

Now bring the damn receipts of where I lied and I'll be waiting. If you can't.... GO POUND SAND.
I'm not going to bother adding anything more than the last few replies to me. You continually misrepresent people over and over, lying about their post history.

"75% of your posts are nothing but that of a petulant supposed grown man complaining about conversations on a political message board" - Lie

"IsisWolf22 supports an anti-Semitic supporter" - Lie and personal attack

"I won't comment any further on your anti-Semitic views" - Lie and Strawman

The ironic thing is the only one "shouting down" people is you. Go read the water cooler before you arrived. Calling it an echo chamber is laughably dumb. There was actually much more back and forth. Congrats, you've driven people away. You've made this community worse for fellow State fans.
hokiewolf
I agree 100%. It's 99.99% of the population that is law abiding. It's the .01% that everyone is trying to legislate for and the gun type ain't the real root of the problem, but it's the big boogie man so to speak
IseWolf22
hokiewolf said:

To be fair, I would say there is leftist hysteria with respect to smoking and cars
How freaking dumb is the ban on menthols? We can't keep hard drugs out of prisons but we want to make it illegal to buy a dang cigarette
IseWolf22
packgrad said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

^, ^^

2nd Amendment good. Legal / decriminalized drugs also good.

I should be able to grow pot plants in my basement and defend them with an AR15
BBW12OG
Where in the Bill of Rights does it say you have the right to grow pot plants in your basement?

That comparison is the very definition of a "straw man" argument.

I'll sit back and wait for your answer.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
griff17matt
BBW12OG said:

Where in the Bill of Rights does it say you have the right to grow pot plants in your basement?

A straw man is a type of argument and he wasn't even making a comparison. He was just saying the two things should coexist. And the person that does nothing BUT create strawman arguments shouldn't be the one attempting to call out someone else for the same offense. But the fact you don't even know what a strawman is explains quite a bit.

BBW12OG
Awww... bless your heart. If that's what you think then that says more about you than it does me snowflake.

A straw man (sometimes written as strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

Now... you and I both know what IsisWolf has said about the ARs. Now he is making the ARGUMENT that if it is OK to own the ARs then he feels that he should be able to grow pot plants in his basement.

Again... bless your heart.

Sorry you don't like the package my posts come in. You and your comrades never seen to be able to definitively dispute the facts that I present.

Sucks doesn't it?
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
GuerrillaPack
BBW12OG said:

Personally, I would like to see marijuana/hemp decriminalized. And that's not because I support people getting high. I'm 100% opposed to that. I think there are legitimate medicinal (not necessarily smoking it, but other consumption of it for the medicinal properties) and other uses for marijuana and hemp.

Alcohol is way more destructive than marijuana, and is completely legal.

The 9th Amendment (in the Bill of Rights) makes clear that we have many other rights that are not necessarily spelled out in the previous 8 Amendments.

Amendment IX

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

I guess to figure out what those rights include, a "legal scholar" would say we have to go back and look at common law. I think the Founding Fathers would say that you look to the rights given to us by God -- which they alluded to in the Declaration of Independence, where it states: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Based on that statement in the Declaration of Independence, I would argue that we have the right to use the things that God created for our use -- including water, herbs and plants for food and medicine, etc. Marijuana is a plant that God created, and it seems completely crazy for man to say that this plant should be banned.
First Page Last Page
Page 35 of 157

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.