The Biden Administration

438,346 Views | 5465 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by James Henderson
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And NYC elects another Dem as Mayor. For the life of me, I just don't get the voters in major cities. You have higher crime, poor schools, garbage pickup issues (NYC is bad - my daughter sends me pictures everyday), and so much more negative.

But, what do I know... I'd be in the minority in those cities.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
packgrad
New Jersey separated by 65 votes at the moment. In a race the Dem was supposed to easily win.
cowboypack02
caryking said:

And NYC elects another Dem as Mayor. For the life of me, I just don't get the voters in major cities. You have higher crime, poor schools, garbage pickup issues (NYC is bad - my daughter sends me pictures everyday), and so much more negative.

Its actually an interesting study if you look at the voting numbers by election. Minorities typically vote for the democrat regardless of what the stances are for any politician.

As far as the breakout of who is voting for who by race, minorities will overwhelmingly vote for someone of their same race if the race is between a white person and a minority.
IseWolf22
Packchem91 said:

Reads like a directional correction after the Dems went full loco-left wing in the past 12 months. The saying I used to hear from my parents all the time..."if you give them an inch, they'll take a mile" comes to mind.

it rightly scared folks who couldn't stand Trump azzhattery, but also didn't want wacko policies to be implemented -- at the national and local levels. And if the media had actually reported with a more cautionary eye on the policy discussions over the past year -- as they did with a vehemence for the previous 4 years, voting would likely be even more one-sided

Republicans and Democrats need to stop believing they have a sweeping mandate when coming into office. Biden kowtowed to overconfident progressives and it's going to cost Democrats in 2022. The GOP leaning suburbanite voters who went Biden in 2020 wanted a boring centrist, not $5 trillion in spending.
IseWolf22
cowboypack02
IseWolf22 said:

Packchem91 said:

Reads like a directional correction after the Dems went full loco-left wing in the past 12 months. The saying I used to hear from my parents all the time..."if you give them an inch, they'll take a mile" comes to mind.

it rightly scared folks who couldn't stand Trump azzhattery, but also didn't want wacko policies to be implemented -- at the national and local levels. And if the media had actually reported with a more cautionary eye on the policy discussions over the past year -- as they did with a vehemence for the previous 4 years, voting would likely be even more one-sided

Republicans and Democrats need to stop believing they have a sweeping mandate when coming into office. Biden kowtowed to overconfident progressives and it's going to cost Democrats in 2022. The GOP leaning suburbanite voters who went Biden in 2020 wanted a boring centrist, not $5 trillion in spending.
Sometimes you do get a mandate as a governing body (like with FDR in the 40s)....unfortunately for the democrats this time around they seem to believe that only having a three seat majority in the house and being tied in the senate means they have a mandate. That ain't it. Of course listening to some of the democrats and media personalities it seems like after getting hammered on tuesday for the most part there is still the feeling that there is a mandate in place. It is only going to lead to the democrats continuing to get hammered in elections (sans the cheating of course)
Packchem91
IseWolf22 said:

Packchem91 said:

Yep. But is it that he thought he had a sweeping mandate, or that he knew he would not have won w/o some level of support from the far left, and felt he had to over-correct to appease them? For both L & R, the loudest -- by far -- advocacies are the ones at the end of the spectrum.
Ultimately, in Biden's case, lack of leadership to fall into that, however you cut it up though.
packgrad
Russia!!!!

Werewolf
packgrad said:

Russia!!!!

Crenshaw isn't much better than a Democrat. He's one of our many Globalist Republicans in DC.
Werewolf
Werewolf
https://vaccineeffects.org/durham-probe-snares-contributor-to-discredited-anti-trump-steele-dossier-arrest-made-report/
CloudPack
Republicans sweep VA and Nancy tries to immediately force the spending bill through without Manchin and AOC blames the VA results on the dem candidates running moderate campaigns. Citizens clearly are stating they don't like the woke agenda or much of the progressive movement as a whole, but the dems don't want to change their approach. This continues to be a huge opportunity for republicans in 22 and 24. I'm conservative but I'll continue to hope for a near 50/50 split in Congress, with a slight majority of conservatives.
packgrad
caryking
packgrad said:

Russia!!!!

And we wonder why Trump fought like he did? From the moment he took office, the left ambushed him. I would have been far more aggressive!!!

And yes, Crenshaw is a hack!!!

Joe Biden
caryking
cowboypack02 said:

caryking said:

Its actually an interesting study if you look at the voting numbers by election. Minorities typically vote for the democrat regardless of what the stances are for any politician.

As far as the breakout of who is voting for who by race, minorities will overwhelmingly vote for someone of their same race if the race is between a white person and a minority.
I'm flying up to NYC to see my daughter, this afternoon... DeBlasio told everyone earlier in the week that services were up and running normally. Garbage is still everywhere... I'll let you know what I see...

Joe Biden
PackBacker07
Great jobs report this morning.
Y'all means ALL.
PackBacker07
Bigger cities are actually more reflective of the national voting block at large. In 2020, there were more registered Dems and a larger percentage of voters leaned Dem than GOP (per Pew). I know folks on this board like to look at the US map and think there is more red, but you have to look at population centers not states as a whole. Cities also aren't gerrymandered to hell either, like states are. And yes, I know Democrats have gerrymandered as well.
Y'all means ALL.
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

Bigger cities are actually more reflective of the national voting block at large. In 2020, there were more registered Dems and a larger percentage of voters leaned Dem than GOP (per Pew). I know folks on this board like to look at the US map and think there is more red, but you have to look at population centers not states as a whole. Cities also aren't gerrymandered to hell either, like states are. And yes, I know Democrats have gerrymandered as well.

Hmmm. Those Democrat leaders are doing bang up jobs at major population centers like NYC, LA, and Chicago. Thank the lord we don't let those idiots in major population centers make the decisions for the rest of the country.
caryking
packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

Hmmm. Those Democrat leaders are doing bang up jobs at major population centers like NYC, LA, and Chicago. Thank the lord we don't let those idiots in major population centers make the decisions for the rest of the country.
thats why liberals want to do away with the electoral college...

Joe Biden
Cthepack
caryking said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

If you win the popular vote you would want to do away with the EC.
Steve Videtich
Cthepack said:

caryking said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

That would only be true if you were trying to change the fabric of what this country was founded upon.
caryking
Cthepack said:

caryking said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

Yea, I'm not sure what the heck you're saying…. Steve V's point above is truth!!! Now, do you understand what he's saying?

Joe Biden
cowboypack02
Steve Videtich said:

Cthepack said:

caryking said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

That would only be true if you were trying to change the fabric of what this country was founded upon.
I kinda feel like that is the point honestly.

I think that people from the cities, and by extension their representatives in government, have not experienced life outside of their city and have forgotten that the different way of life outside of where they live is the reason that they can live the way they want. Instead of having a bit of appreciation that everything they need is created by people from outside their bubble both in lifestyle and way of thinking they try to force a way of live upon the rest of the country to fit their own. In short even though the larger populations are in the cities those same populations need the rural parts of the country to keep producing in order to live but the rural populations don't need them.

The people in cities have to depend on government to live the way that they want to, but people in rural parts of the country have often found that the government just causes more trouble than its worth. That would in part explain the vastly different belief systems that exist between those two portions of our country

Cthepack
caryking said:

Cthepack said:

caryking said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

Yea, I'm not sure what the heck you're saying…. Steve V's point above is truth!!! Now, do you understand what he's saying?

The dems lose elections while getting the most votes. I understand why they want to get rid of the EC. But I do not agree we should.
Steve Videtich
cowboypack02 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Cthepack said:

caryking said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

I kinda feel like that is the point honestly.

I think that people from the cities, and by extension their representatives in government, have not experienced life outside of their city and have forgotten that the different way of life outside of where they live is the reason that they can live the way they want. Instead of having a bit of appreciation that everything they need is created by people from outside their bubble both in lifestyle and way of thinking they try to force a way of live upon the rest of the country to fit their own. In short even though the larger populations are in the cities those same populations need the rural parts of the country to keep producing in order to live but the rural populations don't need them.

The people in cities have to depend on government to live the way that they want to, but people in rural parts of the country have often found that the government just causes more trouble than its worth. That would in part explain the vastly different belief systems that exist between those two portions of our country

Which is really the beauty of this country. States, counties, hell neighborhoods can make their own rules or guidelines in their respective areas. But, no ONE group can dictate how EVERYBODY else lives.

If individual states or individual businesses want to have mandates, that's their prerogative. I then have a choice of visiting or working in those places. It's the national level mandates that are the issue for many.
Werewolf
Democrats rule the day folks, hell who else could campaign from their basement, draw 25 beeping cars to a rally and easily pull in 81 million votes! SURE, its true, it really is. I promise.
ncsualum05
Pretty much everyone in a leadership position right now in our government is a tyrant. The Democrats as a party are tyrants. Republicans are mostly corrupt or clueless with a few decent ones. Some republicans are comfortable being tyrants assistants.
Werewolf
Unequivocally. I view DC like pro wrestling, its all a show and the outcome predetermined. They all line their pockets with divisive politics the method of choice. Vince makes zillions and they all go out for cocktails and the golf course after hours. Support strict interpretation of the 10th amendment and States rights unless otherwise stipulated in the Constitution. How the hell did we get a Dept of Education for instance.
Steve Videtich
Which is why I would be perfectly fine with wiping the slate clean in DC and starting anew! Time for a system update! Ha
caryking
Steve Videtich said:

Which is why I would be perfectly fine with wiping the slate clean in DC and starting anew! Time for a system update! Ha
I think the bigger problem is the career administrative federal government.

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
Steve Videtich said:

Only way to realistically do that is to call a Convention of States. North Carolina Senate has approved that but the House hasn't, so North Carolina has yet to join the call for CoS.
caryking
You can't make this stuff up...

Joe Biden
Steve Videtich
caryking said:

You can't make this stuff up...

Totally legit!!!
Steve Videtich
caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

I think the bigger problem is the career administrative federal government.

It's the entire DC group as a whole. You have 60-80 year olds, most of them out of touch with life of the average American, making decisions for everyone.
Steve Videtich
Seriously?!?

Biden admin considering shutting down another pipeline, drawing criticism and dire warnings as winter nears

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-considering-shutting-down-michigan-pipeline
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 157

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.