Election Interference/Fraud

275,639 Views | 3695 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BBW12OG
Pacfanweb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And just like that, Powell is gone.

President Trump's campaign on Sunday distanced itself from Sidney Powell, saying that the lawyer who has been alleging voter fraud in the November election is "not a member of the Trump Legal Team."

"Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own," said Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and another lawyer for Trump, Jenna Ellis, in a statement. "She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team. She is also not a lawyer for the President in his personal capacity."

No further details or clarification was offered.
Civilized
Pacfanweb said:

President Trump's campaign on Sunday distanced itself from Sidney Powell, saying that the lawyer who has been alleging voter fraud in the November election is "not a member of the Trump Legal Team."

"Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own," said Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and another lawyer for Trump, Jenna Ellis, in a statement. "She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team. She is also not a lawyer for the President in his personal capacity."

You can't make this stuff up.

What a freak show.

jadawson
i think the other office holding GOP members need to distance themselves from this fraud nonsense in a hurry and tell Trump to begin the transition. You can already see it starting with Chris Christie and a few others, and its a national embarrassment from which the GOP really needs to move on.

Pacfanweb
Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

What a freak show.

I just don't get how otherwise-intelligent people who can obviously see what's really going on, and that Trump lost the election fair and square, can be so blindly loyal to the guy. Especially someone like Powell, who I'm embarrassed to say is a fellow Broughton Cap. She's clearly intelligent and I have a hard time believing she really thinks the election was stolen and there was THAT much fraud.

And it's not like Trump is just such a great guy that people fall over themselves to help him. He's a pure-bred, 100% certified asswipe, registered with papers. He will turn on anyone who does anything other than agree with him.
I would like to see other Pubs start doing what Christie did. Speak up and get this over with.
caryking
Pacfanweb said:

A thought occurred to me while reading that Chris Christie article:
(and I'm sure others have already thought this as well)

Isn't it interesting how all the Trump supporters freely believe the election was fraudulent and Trump was screwed and the Dems stole the election and are nefarious cheaters..........

While not even considering that maybe the same thing applies to Trump? That instead, he's doing EXACTLY what they believe happened to him?

I mean...if there was evidence of huge amounts of fraud, we'd have it now. There's no such thing as "She's holding it back for court". B.S.

They'd be right out front with it, and if it existed every single network would be all over it in an instant, because it'd be the biggest story in the history of stories, at least in peacetime. It wouldn't matter that it'd mean Trump won, the networks first and foremost care about $$$$.

But: Nothing. There's no story because there's no evidence. That much is clear now. If there was, they wouldn't let it drag on this long, this is something that needs to be done quickly.

Instead of having evidence of fraud and calling it out, the Trump team cried fraud and then started looking for evidence. That much is obvious.
You might be right...
Civilized
Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

What a freak show.

I just don't get how otherwise-intelligent people who can obviously see what's really going on, and that Trump lost the election fair and square, can be so blindly loyal to the guy. Especially someone like Powell, who I'm embarrassed to say is a fellow Broughton Cap. She's clearly intelligent and I have a hard time believing she really thinks the election was stolen and there was THAT much fraud.

And it's not like Trump is just such a great guy that people fall over themselves to help him. He's a pure-bred, 100% certified asswipe, registered with papers. He will turn on anyone who does anything other than agree with him.
I would like to see other Pubs start doing what Christie did. Speak up and get this over with.

100%. Loyalty to rational analysis and independent thought, not teams, would put this country in a much better place.

Two advisers to Trump, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations, said that the president disliked the coverage Powell was receiving from Fox News host Tucker Carlson and others and that several allies had reached out to say she had gone too far. The advisers also said she fought with Giuliani and others in recent days.

Trump believed she was causing more harm than help, a campaign official said: "She was too crazy even for the president."

I chuckled at the campaign official saying even Trump thought she was crazy.

Game recognize game.
Wolfpackrich1
caryking said:

Wolfpackrich1 said:

This fraudulent Investigation in election fraud is a circus. President Trump has nobody to blame but himself on why he list this election. He tried to down play and even called Covid 19 a sham. Not once but several times. Then he tried to address it but could not help himself on trying to divide this nation and could not follow through. Then just before the election he said we are rounding the corner on it. Now close to 2000 Americans die ever day. Rudy sweating hair dye a lawyer saying a dead dictator. For gosh sakes. Why does anybody want to believe there was election fraud. I don't understand why anyone would even vote for him.
I'm ok with you thinking this a sham. Are you ok with others having a different opinion? If so, slow down on the rhetoric and let the whole mess play out. If you are confident in the outcome, then, I would think you would just let the outcome happen. Nothing to worry about, right?

• Rudy's hair issues are not relevant to anything other than you making a mockery out of him...
  • The number of people that die daily is horrible, I would agree. What about the 40M+ abortions that have happened? A life is a life, right. Science, at least says: it's a life, shortly after conception and we kill it.
  • People would vote for him because they see the Democratic Party wanting to take the country into some very horrible areas, their opinion...

Caryking I am ok with you having a different opinion. I don't understand it. But yes I am mature enough to understand you have a different opinion and let you state it.
How far does this election fraud have to go though before Trump supporters say it is over? A judge in Pennsylvania said that the Suit the Presidents team had no evidence. So when are we going to see this evidence?

Abortions are a complicated issue. That I think is exaggerated by both Pro Life and Pro Choice. Please see that I said both sides, But for now it is legal for woman to choose to have one. So not sure how you can compare that. But mostly for a President to say he is Pro Life and not really try to be the driving force about how to stop the spread of a pandemic baffles me.

I hear your last argument and even say you are 100% correct. My question to those people is what is wrong with facing climate change? I can understand that people want to make sure they can still afford things. I have a budget that I Have to monitor every month to make ends meet. But just punting on Climate change is a huge mistake. Just one thing on Joe BIdens platform. Hey I agree on things on the Republican platform too.

I would love to see a balanced budget from both platforms. I miss the days when that was the #1 item on Republicans platforms. The country needs that.

I would love to see hate go away. It tears our country apart. It will destroy us.
cowboypack02
Pacfanweb said:

Isn't it interesting how all the Trump supporters freely believe the election was fraudulent and Trump was screwed and the Dems stole the election and are nefarious cheaters..........

While not even considering that maybe the same thing applies to Trump? That instead, he's doing EXACTLY what they believe happened to him?

I mean...if there was evidence of huge amounts of fraud, we'd have it now. There's no such thing as "She's holding it back for court". B.S.

They'd be right out front with it, and if it existed every single network would be all over it in an instant, because it'd be the biggest story in the history of stories, at least in peacetime. It wouldn't matter that it'd mean Trump won, the networks first and foremost care about $$$$.

But: Nothing. There's no story because there's no evidence. That much is clear now. If there was, they wouldn't let it drag on this long, this is something that needs to be done quickly.

Instead of having evidence of fraud and calling it out, the Trump team cried fraud and then started looking for evidence. That much is obvious.
The irony of this comment gives me a good laugh....

The democrats have quite literally done this with Trump and Russian collusion for the last 4 years and every democrat politician, supporter, and member of the media cheered this on.
Civilized
cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

The democrats have quite literally done this with Trump and Russian collusion for the last 4 years and every democrat politician, supporter, and member of the media cheered this on.

The situations aren't remotely comparable.

A lot of people reasonably questioned why Trump refused to admit that Russia obviously interfered, which was compounded by him seeming to fawn over Putin, whose oligarch leadership style Trump obviously respects and emulated, and his team obfuscating during the Mueller investigation. If there's no wrongdoing, why the need to lie to Mueller's team?

The Mueller special report eventually detailed significant Russian election interference and Trump's team welcoming help from the Russians. Trump acted like this was a farce.

A Republican-controlled congressional panel inquiry then supported the Mueller report and detailed extensive contacts between Trump campaign advisers and Moscow, including contacts with intelligence officers and Russia's spy services. Trump still maintains it didn't happen.

In other words, there was ACTUAL evidence of interference and circumstantial evidence of potential collusion. The level of proof of collusion didn't support criminal charges but to be clear, at multiple levels and during multiple investigations it was laid bare that Russia interfered and Trump's team accepted help on a level that justified investigating whether there was explicit collusion.

Having actual evidence matters.

Mueller and the Senate committee found boatloads of evidence of interference even if that evidence was insufficient to support criminal conspiracy.

With this election, where is the actual evidence of fraud? Where is evidence to support all the crazy-ass alleged plots that involve "communist money," Hugo Chvez, the computer algorithms favoring Biden, etc?

Independent investigations and Republicans on the bipartisan Senate panel found significant and troubling evidence of interference and indeterminate evidence of collusion.

Republicans behind closed doors are scoffing at the 2020 election mumbo-jumbo election fraud fantasies that Powell and Guiliani and Trump are peddling. That's the difference.
IseWolf22
cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

"What about the Democrats?" isn't a rebuttal, especially when you're responding to someone who clearly isn't a Democrat and hasn't mentioned Russia.
Pacfanweb
cowboypack02 said:

Pacfanweb said:

There was actual evidence of Russian interference. People associated with Trump plead guilty and were convicted over this.
They didn't cry "Russia Russia Russia" and THEN go look for evidence....they already had it.
And let's not bury our heads in the sand: A lot of dudes fell on their swords for Trump. I don't know if he knew or had anything to do with it, but there damn sure was something there and all those guys damn sure took the blame for it and basically ran interference for Trump.

Trump said before election day the only way he'd lose is if it was rigged. There was zero evidence then, just as there is zero evidence now, of such a thing.

And after he lost, guess what he did? Cried "Rigged". With no evidence, other than ridiculous BS on Twitter and Facebook, etc. He literally retweets this bogus crap.
It's amazing to me that a President has so much time to screw around on in internet and post this crap, much less that he actually is s gullible that he falls for it.

Lots of us overlooked it since he was already Prez and that was that. And admittedly, he's done some good things.
But that doesn't mean that reasonable people weren't cringing every time he opened his mouth or tweeted....and that stuff adds up over 4 years.

It's a funny spot to be in: Glad he's gone, but not glad Biden won.
Pack87
The last sentence says it all. I am not necessarily sad to see Trump go, but I am not happy to see a Biden administration. If there was a way to hand this over to someone with Trumps policies and Pence's demeanor we would be in better shape. Say what you want I don't see Biden making it 4 years and the progressives taking over under Harris is really scary.
Pacfanweb
Here's what is really terrible about all of this:

I have friends and relatives....from super-smart to not-so-smart...blue collar folks, and engineer types with patents and software geniuses.....who are all-in on this conspiracy "the election was stolen" crap.

It's very disconcerting, how people who really are very intelligent can be duped into believing such BS without even considering that it might be all BS.

I have people who text me and post things where they think they're privy to things the rest of us don't know. As if I couldn't join Parler and see the same crap, lol.

Someone texted me the other day and said he'd "seen the real #'s and Trump actually won California". And believes it.

These folks actually believe they are part of some inside information network. Now, I can see how some of the less-gifted among us fall for this crap. We all have those types of friends, and probably some of them have been posting these bogus memes on FB for years now. You roll your eyes and scroll on past.

But for your smarter friends, folks that you KNOW should be above this, to fall "all in" on it?

We're in a really bad place as a country. All this Russian/Chinese/whoever disinformation is evidently working. It has taken its toll.

You can see it on the Brickyard....I don't post but read there occasionally....I saw a couple on the election thread claiming "this is a rapidly-developing situation behind the scenes, information is coming fast".

These folks really believe they're part of some investigative effort. They're even still posting the lie about the US Army raiding some server farm in Europe, which the Army has flatly denied. It didn't happen in any form or fashion.

A simply search finds that there are no election servers in Europe, all the servers related to the election were located in the USA and always have been. Further, the original tweet about an alleged raid didn't mention Dominion....someone added that in later.

But here is what these folks are running with:

"So our military does a little raid in Germany to retrieve the server where our voting info was routed," the posts read. "After analysis of the server, they discover that this is what the voting outcome actually looks like."

Such utter, complete BS. If there was such a raid, you think some idiot on a social media site would know about it, and that quickly? It's laughable, if it wasn't so sad that folks buy this crap.

Trump is making it worse. I really wish he'd come out and say "Look, I lost fair and square. Time to transition" and show some damn class. But I suspect he's probably one of the ones eating that BS up, like the other folks on Parler and elsewhere. Even when he knows the truth of the matter is different.

I don't know how we come back from this. Going to be a hard process. The misinformation has sown some very productive seeds of mistrust here.
Pacfanweb
Pack87 said:

The last sentence says it all. I am not necessarily sad to see Trump go, but I am not happy to see a Biden administration. If there was a way to hand this over to someone with Trumps policies and Pence's demeanor we would be in better shape. Say what you want I don't see Biden making it 4 years and the progressives taking over under Harris is really scary.
Yep, that's worrisome. Not that he won't live 4 years....all it takes is him getting good and sick and deciding to resign, and then it's "Hello President Harris".

At least the Senate was held. If they Biden administration starts veering too far left, hopefully there will be a message sent in 2022 like there was in 1994, and the Pubs can put a stop to that.

And then maybe we could get back to a "mostly stalemated but still cooperative" gov't like we had when Newt led the Pubs and Clinton was President.

Hell, at this point I'd take that as an option in a heartbeat over what we've had since W was elected.

All the more reason for term limits, IMO. Get these butt-hurt senators and reps out of there so they can't perpetually go back and forth with the obstructionism to "get the other side back for what happened in the previous administration"
Cthepack
Pacfanweb said:

I have friends and relatives....from super-smart to not-so-smart...blue collar folks, and engineer types with patents and software geniuses.....who are all-in on this conspiracy "the election was stolen" crap.

It's very disconcerting, how people who really are very intelligent can be duped into believing such BS without even considering that it might be all BS.

I have people who text me and post things where they think they're privy to things the rest of us don't know. As if I couldn't join Parler and see the same crap, lol.

Someone texted me the other day and said he'd "seen the real #'s and Trump actually won California". And believes it.

These folks actually believe they are part of some inside information network. Now, I can see how some of the less-gifted among us fall for this crap. We all have those types of friends, and probably some of them have been posting these bogus memes on FB for years now. You roll your eyes and scroll on past.

But for your smarter friends, folks that you KNOW should be above this, to fall "all in" on it?

We're in a really bad place as a country. All this Russian/Chinese/whoever disinformation is evidently working. It has taken its toll.

You can see it on the Brickyard....I don't post but read there occasionally....I saw a couple on the election thread claiming "this is a rapidly-developing situation behind the scenes, information is coming fast".

These folks really believe they're part of some investigative effort. They're even still posting the lie about the US Army raiding some server farm in Europe, which the Army has flatly denied. It didn't happen in any form or fashion.

A simply search finds that there are no election servers in Europe, all the servers related to the election were located in the USA and always have been. Further, the original tweet about an alleged raid didn't mention Dominion....someone added that in later.

"So our military does a little raid in Germany to retrieve the server where our voting info was routed," the posts read. "After analysis of the server, they discover that this is what the voting outcome actually looks like."

Such utter, complete BS. If there was such a raid, you think some idiot on a social media site would know about it, and that quickly? It's laughable, if it wasn't so sad that folks buy this crap.

Trump is making it worse. I really wish he'd come out and say "Look, I lost fair and square. Time to transition" and show some damn class. But I suspect he's probably one of the ones eating that BS up, like the other folks on Parler and elsewhere. Even when he knows the truth of the matter is different.

I don't know how we come back from this. Going to be a hard process. The misinformation has sown some very productive seeds of mistrust here.

How do you classify all the people that have said Trump's presidency is illegitimate? I am not supporting what Trump is doing but it seems very TDS that everyone is upset about what Trump is doing and not so much about what Obama, Hillary, etc... did. They may not have been stating fraud but how else could a presidency be illegitimate?

Get rid of the two party system! Vote for a parties platform not for an individual! Term limits! And never vote for a candidate that says they are going to raise your taxes.
Pacfanweb
I'm not interested in "but the Democrats".

Someone has to be the adult in the room. Claiming Trump's presidency was illegitimate was not a big thing. It certainly has not been a big thing throughout his term.

But that's irrelevant. Whether the other side does ridiculous things or not is no excuse for conservatives and Republicans to do the same thing, except times 100.

It would be different if there was any truth in the matter, like there was with Trump and Russia interference. There was plenty of evidence there, and many people were indicted and convicted or plead guilty.

The only interference it's going to be found for this election it's probably going to be a few little podunk spots here and there where some idiot threw out 500 votes or something.

There is not, and it's not going to be found that there were hundreds of thousands, much less millions of votes that either didn't count or counted for the wrong person.
caryking
Pacfanweb said:

Yea, that ain't gonna happen... you can keep saying everything you've said above and it's not going to change anything. This process is going to be a fight till the bitter end.

I say: quit *****ing and accept the fact that Trump is going to continue the fight for State Electors.
caryking
Based on the some of things I'm reading, everyone better pay attention to Phill Kline and Sydney Powell. Sydney Powell has been un-encumbered from the Trump lawyers. She may be mad; however, she may blow the whole system up. This would include both Democrats and Republicans. If she does, then I say go for it.

For me: I can handle a Trump loss if we can just blow the whole damn system up. Bring them all down! These people are as corrupt as they can get! Damn near everyone of them...

BTW, the PA judge that gave the scathing response to Rudy's team, last week; well he just gave them an appeal.
caryking
Pacfanweb said:

Someone has to be the adult in the room. Claiming Trump's presidency was illegitimate was not a big thing. It certainly has not been a big thing throughout his term.

But that's irrelevant. Whether the other side does ridiculous things or not is no excuse for conservatives and Republicans to do the same thing, except times 100.

It would be different if there was any truth in the matter, like there was with Trump and Russia interference.

that's funny..

There was plenty of evidence there, and many people were indicted and convicted or plead guilty.

really?

The only interference it's going to be found for this election it's probably going to be a few little podunk spots here and there where some idiot threw out 500 votes or something.

if you are that confident, then let them be fools...

There is not, and it's not going to be found that there were hundreds of thousands, much less millions of votes that either didn't count or counted for the wrong person.

if you are that confident, then let them be fools... play the long game and Republicans will never win another national election.
PackBacker07
Blow what system up?
Y'all means ALL.
Civilized
caryking said:

Based on the some of things I'm reading, everyone better pay attention to Phill Kline and Sydney Powell. Sydney Powell has been un-encumbered from the Trump lawyers. She may be mad; however, she may blow the whole system up. This would include both Democrats and Republicans. If she does, then I say go for it.

For me: I can handle a Trump loss if we can just blow the whole damn system up. Bring them all down! These people are as corrupt as they can get! Damn near everyone of them...

BTW, the PA judge that gave the scathing response to Rudy's team, last week; well he just gave them an appeal.

So Sidney Powell is going to work on this pro bono now?
caryking
PackBacker07 said:

Blow what system up?

Don't know! She is making some strong allegations on insider trading stuff (not stock market but kick backs) relating to both political parties regarding the election.
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

So Sidney Powell is going to work on this pro bono now?

Don't know how she will be compensated. Perhaps, you can do some due diligence and report back.

Why would an esteemed lawyer, with a career no where near its end, be saying the things she saying?

1) she is bat assed crazy? Or
2) she has something of biblical proportions as she says...

If it's #2, then I hope it brings them all down... Republican too..
ncsualum05
Pacfanweb said:

It would be different if there was any truth in the matter, like there was with Trump and Russia interference. There was plenty of evidence there, and many people were indicted and convicted or plead guilty.

Sorry but this is just distorted. The GOP politicians were for the most part the adults in the room for decades. I assume your definition of adult in the room is someone who "speaks presidential" or looks well mannered, polite, is quiet and speaks reservedly. Bush as president sounded very presidential in speeches and spent the rest of his time hiding while the democrats and their media prop beat him over the ****ing head for years. That ended with such a low approval rating for Bush and GOP that a new democrat party arose under Barak Obama who ushered in the new era of leftwing extremism. Every campaign for the last 40 years throughout my life has involved democrats screaming crazy hyperbolic statements and getting away with it while also talking empty platitudes and minority pandering. Meanwhile GOP politicians would just stand there and try to be civil and boring. Never fighting back against the branding the democrats put on them.

Romney was very nice and well spoken and would obey whatever the narrative was. So was McCain. These guys actually revered the democrat leaders in a way that Mike O'Cain revered UNC in his time at State. With the old country club GOP led by those types you always knew who the true masters were in DC. I never saw the GOP fight as a party like the democrats do until Trump. Only Trump has had the guts to fight back against the entire democrat apparatus including DC bureaucrats and the media.

I could go on about the movement itself but I'll leave that for another post/ thread.
IseWolf22
Pacfanweb said:

Someone has to be the adult in the room.
Thank you!
I'm so tired of Republicans answering any criticism of Trump with "but the Democrats." I'm equally tired of certain Democrats arguing for things like court packing because of "but the Republicans."

Our political culture right now is complete dog s#!t. Way too many people believe the other side is amoral and that any means are justified to keep political power. If we continue down that path, it's not going to end well for the country. I'm concerned it will continue to deteriorate.
Civilized
ncsualum05 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Sorry but this is just distorted. The GOP politicians were for the most part the adults in the room for decades. I assume your definition of adult in the room is someone who "speaks presidential" or looks well mannered, polite, is quiet and speaks reservedly. Bush as president sounded very presidential in speeches and spent the rest of his time hiding while the democrats and their media prop beat him over the ****ing head for years. That ended with such a low approval rating for Bush and GOP that a new democrat party arose under Barak Obama who ushered in the new era of leftwing extremism. Every campaign for the last 40 years throughout my life has involved democrats screaming crazy hyperbolic statements and getting away with it while also talking empty platitudes and minority pandering. Meanwhile GOP politicians would just stand there and try to be civil and boring. Never fighting back against the branding the democrats put on them.

Romney was very nice and well spoken and would obey whatever the narrative was. So was McCain. These guys actually revered the democrat leaders in a way that Mike O'Cain revered UNC in his time at State. With the old country club GOP led by those types you always knew who the true masters were in DC. I never saw the GOP fight as a party like the democrats do until Trump. Only Trump has had the guts to fight back against the entire democrat apparatus including DC bureaucrats and the media.

I could go on about the movement itself but I'll leave that for another post/ thread.

Any analysis that presumes one side cornered the market on good behavior for decades at a time is completely full of *****

That is all.
IseWolf22
Civilized said:

ncsualum05 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Any analysis that presumes one side cornered the market on good behavior for decades at a time is completely full of *****

That is all.
It's really funny how similar that was to things I've seen Democrats post about the Republican party
Civilized
IseWolf22 said:

Civilized said:

That is all.
It's really funny how similar that was to things I've seen Democrats post about the Republican party

These parties are much more similar than they are different in the broader context of demographic makeup and human behavior, and given that we are talking about hundreds to thousands of different politicians over decades, party behaviors will approximate each other too.

To claim anything else is just seeing what you want to see.
Pacfanweb
ncsualum05 said:

Pacfanweb said:

You're not totally wrong. The Pubs DID "sit back and take it", to an extent. But I'd disagree that they did nothing....Newt Gingrich and the Contract With America proves otherwise. He kicked Clinton in the nuts and took over the legislative branches for the first time in over 40 years, IIRC.

The Dems did go full idiot mode after their attempts to steal the 2000 election were unsuccessful.

The Pubs returned the favor, and then the Dems did the same thing and here we are.

The answer to how the left has acted over the years isn't to get down in the mud with them and act 10x as ridiculous in the other direction.

To fight back? Sure.
I get that folks liked that Trump didn't just "take it". I liked that, too.

But:
To fight back while giving credence to all this conspiracy ridiculousness and looking like morons while doing so? NO.

And now here we are, with idiots in the Republican party that are actually elected officials, whose bull**** detectors evidently are offline, buying into all this nonsense about servers being confiscated and truckloads of ballots arriving in the dead of night with thousands of votes only for Biden, etc.

None of which has been proven to be the case.

THAT is what I meant by "Adults in the room".

You lost. Now do it with some damned dignity and class. I realize neither of those terms is Trump familiar with, but DAMN.....SOMEONE up there has to be. Stop kissing this fool's ass and tell it like it is.

There's no conspiracy, the election wasn't stolen, the People simply decided they had enough.

Now let's get on with the transition, hope for the best as we always do, and get rid of all this divisiveness. It didn't start with Trump, but there's no reason it can't end with him.

Wolfpackrich1
caryking said:

Pacfanweb said:

Yea, that ain't gonna happen... you can keep saying everything you've said above and it's not going to change anything. This process is going to be a fight till the bitter end.

I say: quit *****ing and accept the fact that Trump is going to continue the fight for State Electors.
Caryking we are on separate sides of the political spectrum. However I have found you are reasonable and do listen another's view. So it is with that preface I say you could not be more wrong about accepting Trump's fight for State Electors. The time to do that is before an election not after. Accepting an election and ceding power is the most important thing that happens in a democracy.

A lot of history books give credit to John Adams as being the first to cede power and a peaceful transition of power in the United States. However I think it was George Washington when in 1783 he resigned his commission and went home to Mount Vernon.

Please note this was before Washington was President.
Also Note When King George III heard that Washington was going to do this he told an American painter painting his portrait that if Washington did this he would be the greatest man in the world.

Maybe he was. Maybe he was not. But he set a precedent that is important to The United States of America.
ncsualum05
Pacfanweb said:

ncsualum05 said:

Pacfanweb said:

You're not totally wrong. The Pubs DID "sit back and take it", to an extent. But I'd disagree that they did nothing....Newt Gingrich and the Contract With America proves otherwise. He kicked Clinton in the nuts and took over the legislative branches for the first time in over 40 years, IIRC.

The Dems did go full idiot mode after their attempts to steal the 2000 election were unsuccessful.

The Pubs returned the favor, and then the Dems did the same thing and here we are.

The answer to how the left has acted over the years isn't to get down in the mud with them and act 10x as ridiculous in the other direction.

To fight back? Sure.
I get that folks liked that Trump didn't just "take it". I liked that, too.

But:
To fight back while giving credence to all this conspiracy ridiculousness and looking like morons while doing so? NO.

And now here we are, with idiots in the Republican party that are actually elected officials, whose bull**** detectors evidently are offline, buying into all this nonsense about servers being confiscated and truckloads of ballots arriving in the dead of night with thousands of votes only for Biden, etc.

None of which has been proven to be the case.

THAT is what I meant by "Adults in the room".

You lost. Now do it with some damned dignity and class. I realize neither of those terms is Trump familiar with, but DAMN.....SOMEONE up there has to be. Stop kissing this fool's ass and tell it like it is.

There's no conspiracy, the election wasn't stolen, the People simply decided they had enough.

Now let's get on with the transition, hope for the best as we always do, and get rid of all this divisiveness. It didn't start with Trump, but there's no reason it can't end with him.

You're right that both sides have bickered and I wasn't arguing that gop politicians are saints. I'm just simply pointing out that over the years they were quite content to get their piece of the pie and betray the voters to bow down to big media and big democrat establishment. But let's move to now...

Fighting back looks ugly sometimes. You don't fight 90% of corporate media, DC govt, globalism, and everything else without it looking ugly. If you're referring to the election let it play out. What are you so angry about? There was some obvious weird stuff going on. Let's get to the bottom of it. Before a dimented old man who's not even going to be running the country assumes power for whatever oligarchs are in line let's just check everything out. Nobody is kissing a fool's ass here. You want to talk conspiracies that's the democrats... Russia, Ukraine, mailboxes, etc! The Russia deal opened my eyes to the cold fact that you CAN'T GO ANY LOWER than the democrat establishment. You can't fight dirty enough.

But whatever. They should investigate as long as they damn well want and get to the bottom of whatever they can. And even if/ when transition happens there's more to investigate go right ahead. That's all congress is anymore anyway is an investigative body. There sure isn't much legislation going on... and that's probably better for America anyway. Downside is courts and presidents make far too much law.
acslater1344
If this ends in Trump's army turning around and attacking the republican establishment, I'm all for it!

Yep, y'all are right, the pubs were in on it too... go get em'!!!!
caryking
Wolfpackrich1 said:

caryking said:

Pacfanweb said:

Caryking we are on separate sides of the political spectrum. However I have found you are reasonable and do listen another's view. So it is with that preface I say you could not be more wrong about accepting Trump's fight for State Electors. The time to do that is before an election not after. Accepting an election and ceding power is the most important thing that happens in a democracy.

A lot of history books give credit to John Adams as being the first to cede power and a peaceful transition of power in the United States. However I think it was George Washington when in 1783 he resigned his commission and went home to Mount Vernon.

Please note this was before Washington was President.
Also Note When King George III heard that Washington was going to do this he told an American painter painting his portrait that if Washington did this he would be the greatest man in the world.

Maybe he was. Maybe he was not. But he set a precedent that is important to The United States of America.

I agree and thank you for recognizing I try to understand both sides. I will say this:

1) personally, I am an extremely conservative Christian
2) politically, I am very closely tied to libertarianism
3) I have never voted for a democrat and have 100% of the time voted Republican
4) I am 54 years old

Now, talking about Republicans, I have been to a number of small fund raising events for Republican: two of which are for current US Senators. I was at six person event for one that included Karl Rove. I could only wish for a solid libertarian leaning candidate as the two US Senators we have are not good! I went to an earlier event for Burr. When I left, I told my wife: that guy is sleezy! But, I vote him as he's the less of two evils.

What I can tell you based on my experience is that we have a great political system that is marred with corrupt people. The amount of money driving both parties is astounding.

That is why I am more libertarian! None of us is going to agree 100% of the time; so, I believe, the only role for our federal government is to protect our liberties, no matter what!

I certainly can see why Democrats have policies they want to get enacted. I completely disagree with most of them and if I want to push my Conservative Christian policies; then, I know some will disagree with me. With that, I believe we should back out of federal policy issues and leave them to the States. I believe it's the only way for people to quit fighting. Try reading reason.com for a different perspective.

Oh, and BTW; now is the prescribed time to fight for electors according to the constitution. So, that, I have no problem debating...
Pacfanweb
ncsualum05 said:

You're right that both sides have bickered and I wasn't arguing that gop politicians are saints. I'm just simply pointing out that over the years they were quite content to get their piece of the pie and betray the voters to bow down to big media and big democrat establishment. But let's move to now...

Fighting back looks ugly sometimes. You don't fight 90% of corporate media, DC govt, globalism, and everything else without it looking ugly. If you're referring to the election let it play out. What are you so angry about? There was some obvious weird stuff going on. Let's get to the bottom of it. Before a dimented old man who's not even going to be running the country assumes power for whatever oligarchs are in line let's just check everything out. Nobody is kissing a fool's ass here. You want to talk conspiracies that's the democrats... Russia, Ukraine, mailboxes, etc! The Russia deal opened my eyes to the cold fact that you CAN'T GO ANY LOWER than the democrat establishment. You can't fight dirty enough.

Well, I agree about "fighting back looks ugly". Sometimes.

But there's legitimately fighting back, and then there's "totally denying the facts and just making crap up".

And that's exactly what's going on now.

So your reference to Russia and whatnot.....it was legit. There actually WAS some funny business going on between Trump's people and Russia. That's a proven, stone-cold fact.

But I still see Pubs that like to act like nothing was found and chant "Russia Russia Russia" at the Dems and deride them because they "didn't get Trump" after all was said and done.

But a LOT was found. Both sides should have been appalled.

So that was not illegitimate on the part of the Dems. Should it have gone to impeachment? Maybe not, but the investigation absolutely DID find quite a bit.

This is another example of "adults in the room" being needed. If the Pubs had any of those, they'd have been rightly pissed by all that. Just like they should be pissed at the Trump campaign's shenanigans right now.

But I see very, very few adults standing up and saying "Okay, that's enough". And telling it like it is.

That's another sad byproduct of the 24/7 news and social media. People are afraid to stand up and tell the truth for being attacked.
jadawson
Pacfanweb said:

ncsualum05 said:

Well, I agree about "fighting back looks ugly". Sometimes.

But there's legitimately fighting back, and then there's "totally denying the facts and just making crap up".

And that's exactly what's going on now.

So your reference to Russia and whatnot.....it was legit. There actually WAS some funny business going on between Trump's people and Russia. That's a proven, stone-cold fact.

But I still see Pubs that like to act like nothing was found and chant "Russia Russia Russia" at the Dems and deride them because they "didn't get Trump" after all was said and done.

But a LOT was found. Both sides should have been appalled.

So that was not illegitimate on the part of the Dems. Should it have gone to impeachment? Maybe not, but the investigation absolutely DID find quite a bit.

This is another example of "adults in the room" being needed. If the Pubs had any of those, they'd have been rightly pissed by all that. Just like they should be pissed at the Trump campaign's shenanigans right now.

But I see very, very few adults standing up and saying "Okay, that's enough". And telling it like it is.

That's another sad byproduct of the 24/7 news and social media. People are afraid to stand up and tell the truth for being attacked.
The republicans did have adults in the room. Their names were John McCain and Mitt Romney. These two men are the same upstanding politicians (or as upstanding as a politician can be these days) as they were in 2008 and 2012 when republicans went to bat for them. Instead just a few years later they either are or were martyrs and outcasts within their own party.
First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.