Brees

7,377 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Steve Williams
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Starwolf said:

CLTWolf said:

One of my best friends on the planet told me a story yesterday. He had just gotten cut from the St Louis Rams and was driving back to his apt with all of his stuff from his locker. He was gonna finish packing up and drive back to NC and see if he could latch on with another team. As he was driving on the same road he'd driven a million times before, he gets pulled over. The officer tells him he pulled him over b/c he was driving in the left lane. Supposedly that was a no no in Missouri but of course my buddy didn't know that. Officer asked him why he was out driving around and my buddy told him that he had just gotten released by the Rams and he was driving home. The officer heard "released from jail", pulled his weapon and told my buddy to get out of the car and demanded my friend tell him why he was in Missouri with NC tags having just gotten out of jail. Jail. My buddy told him again, that he has never been in jail and was just released by the RAMS. Told him to call "Chief" (the retired police officer that works for the team) and he could verify who my friend was. Once the officer calmed down and realized my friend had never been in jail and was in fact a professional football player his attitude changed and the officer then made this comment, "Sorry man, you're just a big black guy in a nice car in nice part of town. I had to pull you over". Then that mf'er wanted an autograph.

I'd bet $5 million bucks something like that has never and will never happen to Drew Brees.
Unbelievable. He did all that and wanted an autograph... This is exactly why we're protesting.
For context this was around 2002/2003 towards the end of the "Greatest Show on Turf" teams so the Rams were pretty big back then. My buddy was just a practice squad dude.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
packgrad
LakeNormanPackFan said:

CLTWolf said:

One of my best friends on the planet told me a story yesterday. He had just gotten cut from the St Louis Rams and was driving back to his apt with all of his stuff from his locker. He was gonna finish packing up and drive back to NC and see if he could latch on with another team. As he was driving on the same road he'd driven a million times before, he gets pulled over. The officer tells him he pulled him over b/c he was driving in the left lane. Supposedly that was a no no in Missouri but of course my buddy didn't know that. Officer asked him why he was out driving around and my buddy told him that he had just gotten released by the Rams and he was driving home. The officer heard "released from jail", pulled his weapon and told my buddy to get out of the car and demanded my friend tell him why he was in Missouri with NC tags having just gotten out of jail. Jail. My buddy told him again, that he has never been in jail and was just released by the RAMS. Told him to call "Chief" (the retired police officer that works for the team) and he could verify who my friend was. Once the officer calmed down and realized my friend had never been in jail and was in fact a professional football player his attitude changed and the officer then made this comment, "Sorry man, you're just a big black guy in a nice car in nice part of town. I had to pull you over". Then that mf'er wanted an autograph.

I'd bet $5 million bucks something like that has never and will never happen to Drew Brees.

That sounds like the fakest story I have ever heard.

Agreed.
CLTWolf
James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

Some of ya'll need some more black friends in your life lol
Why? I have plenty of black friends, hell most of my friends are black.

I think some of you all need more native american friends in your life.
You're absolutely right, I do.

I don't even want to get into what native american's have been through in this country.
CLTWolf
packgrad said:

CLTWolf said:

Some of ya'll need some more black friends in your life lol

Hilarious that you think all black people think this.
Think what?
FlossyDFlynt
CLTWolf said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

The reason hes getting blasted is he spoke his own opinion, and people dont want to hear it. They want you to hear you reiterate their opinion, otherwise you are "wrong".
Go back and listen to the question. He was asked what his responsibility was as a leader in times like this...all buddy had to say was what he just put out on his IG. Hell, he could've even said he "stands" with his fellow teammates and will be a compassionate and empathetic ally for those on the team and in the community. Nope, he made it about himself.
As you have pointed out, he already said the right things. This response was to this question.

If you want to see what Im talking about, go look at Tiger Wood's tweet (which was fine, IMO) and the responses he got to it.
IseWolf22
People have the right to kneel and shouldn't shame those who don't. People have the right to consider it disrespectful, but they can't force anyone to stand.

But in terms of a national celebrity making a public statement, this one was dumb as he should have known he'd get roasted for it. That doesn't make it right, but it's true.
cowboypack02
CLTWolf said:

Cop was a jackass....hope that he was dealt with appropriately by his local department
Brigand
James Henderson said:

I don't understand why folks can't have their own opinions on topics and it just be left at that.

I took his comments to be in reference to the flag/anthem situation, not what's going on right now.

Brees is one of the most charitable players in the NFL, hate to see the guy get blasted like he is, but it's what we now do.
James, we're on the exact same page here. You can't have a different opinion today if it is against the liberal PC mob and media. You will get crushed for it as that is now happening to Brees. To me, that is a huge problem in this country. Everyone protesting right now talks about the freedom to protest as they should, but there is absolutely no freedom to protest or speak out if your opinion is not "correct". The social media mob will not allow it.
CLTWolf
cowboypack02 said:

CLTWolf said:

Cop was a jackass....hope that he was dealt with appropriately by his local department
My friend wasn't going to report it. He was scared out of his mind. I've never had a gun pointed at me but I'm sure it's quite unsettling.
cowboypack02
CLTWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

I don't understand why folks can't have their own opinions on topics and it just be left at that.

I took his comments to be in reference to the flag/anthem situation, not what's going on right now.

Brees is one of the most charitable players in the NFL, hate to see the guy get blasted like he is, but it's what we now do.
Its called the Twitter revolution. If you put them on Twitter, which is in general an extremely liberal platform, you better be prepared.....
are you fkn kidding me!? lol

The most famous twitter user currently is the freaking president. That man is far from "extremely liberal" and that's just about his only platform except the millions of his minions that retweet the snot out of him. lol

Actually...as of 5/29 Obama had the most followers with 117.7 million

2. Justin Bieber - 111.7 million
3. Katy Perry - 108.5 million
4. Rihanna - 96.8 million
5. Taylor Swift - 86.1 million
6. Christiano Ronaldo - 84.9 million
7. Lady Gaga - 81.4 million
8. Ellen DeGeneres - 80.2 million
9. Donald J. Trump - 80.1 million
10. Ariana Grande - 73.8 million

Every one in the top 10 as far as followers outside of Trump are extremely liberal.

Source: https://www.brandwatch.com/blog/most-twitter-followers/
CLTWolf
Brigand said:

James Henderson said:

James, we're on the exact same page here. You can't have a different opinion today if it is against the liberal PC mob and media. You will get crushed for it as that is now happening to Brees. To me, that is a huge problem in this country. Everyone protesting right now talks about the freedom to protest as they should, but there is absolutely no freedom to protest or speak out if your opinion is not "correct". The social media mob will not allow it.
I'm sorry you're so oppressed.
Td21pack
It's interesting how people come on this thread and do nothing but create more division. Drew Brees May have had poor timing with his comments but why can't he have his own opinion and by the way shame on ESPN for blasting him. What a joke! I will be damned if I'm gonna kneel for the flag!
cowboypack02
CLTWolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

CLTWolf said:

My friend wasn't going to report it. He was scared out of his mind. I've never had a gun pointed at me but I'm sure it's quite unsettling.
I've had one pulled on me once....i get it.
Starwolf
This is the reason I don't bring up this issue with non-POC State fans. I love you guys but you need to truly be in the position that black people are in and you'll understand why black Americans are protesting and their frustrations with Brees' comments. No disrespect to anyone.
CLTWolf
cowboypack02 said:

CLTWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Its called the Twitter revolution. If you put them on Twitter, which is in general an extremely liberal platform, you better be prepared.....

The most famous twitter user currently is the freaking president. That man is far from "extremely liberal" and that's just about his only platform except the millions of his minions that retweet the snot out of him. lol

Actually...as of 5/29 Obama had the most followers with 117.7 million

2. Justin Bieber - 111.7 million
3. Katy Perry - 108.5 million
4. Rihanna - 96.8 million
5. Taylor Swift - 86.1 million
6. Christiano Ronaldo - 84.9 million
7. Lady Gaga - 81.4 million
8. Ellen DeGeneres - 80.2 million
9. Donald J. Trump - 80.1 million
10. Ariana Grande - 73.8 million

Every one in the top 10 as far as followers outside of Trump are extremely liberal.

Source: https://www.brandwatch.com/blog/most-twitter-followers/
Did I saw most followed?
CLTWolf
Td21pack said:

It's interesting how people come on this thread and do nothing but create more division. Drew Brees May have had poor timing with his comments but why can't he have his own opinion and by the way shame on ESPN for blasting him. What a joke! I will be damned if I'm gonna kneel for the flag!
No one is asking you to.
IseWolf22
CLTWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Eh, most would acknowledge that Twitter slants pretty left. Trump's use is the notable exception to the overall community. 60% of users are liberal vs. 35% Republican based on a Pew research study done not too long ago. It skewed further left among "Super users" who posts on twitter frequently.

There were numerous think pieces written this year during the primary season imploring writers to not use twitter as a source for reading the electorate since users are younger, more liberal and therefore made Sanders' support seem larger than it was, while Biden's was perceived as lesser than it was.
Td21pack
Cltwolf u are constantly jumping in threads and starting stuff what else is new
CLTWolf
Td21pack said:

Cltwolf u are constantly jumping in threads and starting stuff what else is new
Thank you for your opinion.
CLTWolf
IseWolf22 said:

CLTWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Eh, most would acknowledge that Twitter slants pretty left. Trump's use is the notable exception to the overall community. 60% of users are liberal vs. 35% Republican based on a Pew research study done not too long ago. It skewed further left among "Super users" who posts on twitter frequently.

There were numerous think pieces written this year during the primary season imploring writers to not use twitter as a source for reading the electorate since users are younger, more liberal and therefore made Sanders' support seem larger than it was, while Biden's was perceived as lesser than it was.
I stand corrected. Thank you for educating me on the subject.
Td21pack
Yea u aren't one of my favorites on here and I'm sure I'm speaking for many others as well
CLTWolf
Td21pack said:

Yea u aren't one of my favorites on here and I'm sure I'm speaking for many others as well
Thank you for your opinion. I'm sorry you feel that way. You can't win them all.
rangerA
James Henderson said:

100% agree, James
LakeNormanPackFan
CLTWolf said:

LakeNormanPackFan said:

CLTWolf said:

fk you.

Should I start cussing this guy back out or do we still Ban personal attacks?
Packchem91
CLTWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

No, not kidding you. But then, I don't follow Trump on twitter. I follow mostly sports media members. Go read twitter accounts for Gantt, Sorenson, Armstrong, Igo, J Jones, B Jones, Bonnell, DeCock, Forde, Brownlow and then all the folks the other media folks they continually retweet.
You follow for sports updates, you get continual liberal media viewpoints.
So yeah...
James Henderson
Staff
Police brutality is colorless. Bad cops are using excessive force on every race in our country. We need to do something about that.

I personally don't know what the national anthem or flag has to do with it.
CLTWolf
Packchem91 said:

CLTWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

No, not kidding you. But then, I don't follow Trump on twitter. I follow mostly media members. Go read twitter accounts for Gantt, Sorenson, Armstrong, Igo, J Jones, B Jones, Bonnell, DeCock, Forde, Brownlow and then all the folks the other media folks they continually retweet.
So yeah...
I'm obviously not a conservative type and I still see tons of it on my feed but I was put in my place above and I appreciate the knowledge that was shown me.

Funny that I only follow about 2 of those people.
CLTWolf
LakeNormanPackFan said:

CLTWolf said:

LakeNormanPackFan said:

CLTWolf said:

fk you.

Why don't we just ignore each other moving forward.

No, I don't think you should be banned for your attack on me.
Td21pack
Agreed James 100%
packgrad
Nm.
LakeNormanPackFan
CLTWolf said:

LakeNormanPackFan said:

CLTWolf said:

LakeNormanPackFan said:

CLTWolf said:

fk you.

Why don't you get in your Prius and drive up to Lake Norman and I'll slap the s*** out of you.
Packchem91
CLTWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

CLTWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

No, not kidding you. But then, I don't follow Trump on twitter. I follow mostly media members. Go read twitter accounts for Gantt, Sorenson, Armstrong, Igo, J Jones, B Jones, Bonnell, DeCock, Forde, Brownlow and then all the folks the other media folks they continually retweet.
So yeah...
I'm obviously not a conservative type and I still see tons of it on my feed but I was put in my place above and I appreciate the knowledge that was shown me.

Funny that I only follow about 2 of those people.
Well those are the folks who cover sports in Charlotte and Raleigh and therefore "should" talk about NC State or the Panthers. And if you read any of their personal views and think you are on a conservative platform, then we have weirdly different views of what is conservative and liberal.

As for Brees.I think he was tone deaf...and the response to him from Marques Colston about rearing his son in this environment was very moving, I thought. A guy who should be of wealth and comfort, having to teach his son how to protect himself from being a cop victim.
That said...the attacks on Brees are also way overboard. Its kind of the sad times we are in, where every comment is taken as some kind of attack vector.
Packchem91
LakeNormanPackFan said:

CLTWolf said:

LakeNormanPackFan said:

CLTWolf said:

LakeNormanPackFan said:

CLTWolf said:

fk you.

Why don't you get in your Prius and drive up to Lake Norman and I'll slap the s*** out of you.
LOL, let him get in all his name drops first though.
wilmwolf

Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
CLTWolf
LakeNormanPackFan said:

CLTWolf said:

LakeNormanPackFan said:

CLTWolf said:

LakeNormanPackFan said:

CLTWolf said:

fk you.

Funny my wife does have a prius! But I think the battery is dead as it's not her primary car. I want to sell it but she's emotionally attached to it. What can you do?

Slap? Surely a real man like you can punch.

I drive a Tahoe, does that make it any better?

Why do I have to drive up to the lake? You can't drive down to South Charlotte? You're the one wanting to slap me, you should have to do all the work.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.