Coronavirus

2,055,086 Views | 19915 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by GuerrillaPack
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Welp, nice try. There's at least one. Not zero. And probably many more.

So who made the false statement here? YOU did. Not me.

Now, please hokie...go back to splitting hairs, desperately trying to prove that I posted something "wrong". Don't give up.

Y'all are in a pissing match about whether or not it's happened and glossing over the meat of the issue.

Should minors reaching a certain age, maturity level, or other benchmark(s) have authority to consent to some health care such as contraceptive services or vaccines without their parent's permission?

If not, why not?
Similar to age of consent for sexual activity. Children (under around 17/18 years old) are not, cognitively, able to consent to certain things. They haven't matured enough to fully understand the consequences of certain actions. Like asking someone who is only 15 or 16 years old to sign a completed legal document or contract. It wouldn't stand in court. They're not an adult, and don't understand what they are getting into.

The parents (consulting with their children) should have the final decision on whether or not to vaccinate.

You're old enough in high school to learn biology, chemistry, physics and complex math and drive a car but not capable of deciding if you want to take a vaccine?

Do you feel the same way about birth control and sex health? High schoolers are making the decision to have sex whether you think they're old enough or not. Surely they should have access to contraception and sexual health care right?
Civ, High Schoolers are making immature decisions about sex. We've all been there! As far as I'm concerned, if I'm supporting my children, I have a say! If my children don't want me having a say, then quit taking my money. Now, as a parent, I also know the appropriate amount of say that's important.

BTW, my daughters are 23 and 21. Oldest lives in NYC, youngest at NC State! Guess what, I spend 2,500 to 3,500 a month on them. Truth be known, it's probably more than that as my wife doesn't always tell me everything. I'm ok with that! Do you think I should have a say?

Regarding the vaccine, we asked them what they felt comfortable doing…. Oldest got the vaccine, youngest did not. Both of my girls are very conservative with my youngest being the most active in politics. I find this one funny…. My youngest calls the vaccine: Liberal Liquid!

What does "having a say" mean?

"Offering an opinion?"

Or "Having the legal right to deny your minor teenager desired or needed health care that will reduce their risk?"

If your daughter had come to you or your wife as a 16 year old sophomore and said "Mom, this may be hard to hear but I want to go on birth control" should you be able to deny them that care?

They've told you they're going to become (or already are) sexually active. The only issue is whether you're going to help them reduce their risk of unwanted outcomes.

The issue would come up less with a family that's open and emotionally honest anyway. The bigger problem is kids not ever even bringing it up to parents that would be furious or would just say 'no', and then participating in the risky behavior anyway.

The question is both pragmatic and ethical.

Practically speaking, with mild interventions with very good outcomes and very limited risk like vaccines and sexual health care, the risk/reward leans very heavily towards allowing minor children of a certain age to make their own decisions.

Ethically, why should a minor capable of fairly complex decisions be denied wanted or needed health care *when the health care is low-risk and highly efficacious*?
Well, first and foremost... our family is very open about issues. My wife and I know what's going on, because, our family has a "trusting" relationship. Our parenting allowed for this to happen.

When I speak about having a say, then, the above goes a long way...

Practically speaking, with mild interventions with very good outcomes and very limited risk like vaccines and sexual health care, the risk/reward leans very heavily towards allowing minor children of a certain age to make their own decisions.

Regarding this statement (bolded), I believe you are treating a problem that could have ben fixed with different parenting. You probably want agree with that; probably because you support some type of Children's Bill of Rights! I don't subscribe to that thinking and, in my case, the proofs in the pudding.

Civ, your scope is very misguided and I believe contributes to the societal degradation that we have.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
Damn Cary, you want to be my dad too? He's on the opposite and buying a boat and letting me know what my share is!
Glasswolf
Just had another coworker test positive. No vaccine. Dude kept coming to work sick and now he's been sent home
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Damn Cary, you want to be my dad too? He's on the opposite and buying a boat and letting me know what my share is!

Hokie, as you can see, I can't afford another child.

Joe Biden
Glasswolf
Cary if you're like me I raised my 2 and they tapped me out. Waiting on grand babies to spoil
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

caryking
Glasswolf said:

Cary if you're like me I raised my 2 and they tapped me out. Waiting on grand babies to spoil

Glass, you know it's the age old debate. I've been blessed, so, I'm not tapped out; however, how much should I support my kids?

Joe Biden
Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

As of Mothers Day, now have 3 graduated from college, with a 4th graduating HS this year.

The 3 have good jobs, but I still find ourselves paying for stuff for them when we are out, lol. I'm sure grandkids (fingers crossed for very soon, will make that even worse lol!)

**but they did come to own decisions to get the vaccinations
Glasswolf
Packchem91 said:

Glasswolf said:

As of Mothers Day, now have 3 graduated from college, with a 4th graduating HS this year.

The 3 have good jobs, but I still find ourselves paying for stuff for them when we are out, lol. I'm sure grandkids (fingers crossed for very soon, will make that even worse lol!)

Both mine have great jobs. Son handles a explosive sniffing dog and a human smuggling dog at the air port in Houston. Daughter is busy styling hair in Wake Forest. They ask for help every now and then but nothing major. I have no problem "helping" lol

Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

Packchem91 said:

Glasswolf said:

Both mine have great jobs. Son handles a explosive sniffing dog and a human smuggling dog at the air port in Houston. Daughter is busy styling hair in Wake Forest. They ask for help every now and then but nothing major. I have no problem "helping" lol

Yep, some degree of parenting never really stops. Which is good.
And receiving help from the parents never really stops lol
GuerrillaPack
A breakdown of the WHO Pandemic Treaty, and how this will allegedly lead to the WHO dictating how the United States must respond in future "pandemics". It is alleged that if this treaty is adopted by the United states, the WHO could mandate vaccine passports or mandate vaccinations for everyone, and neither the U.S. Congress or individual state governments could do anything to stop it. There is a clip from Dr. Robert Malone within this video, where he states that the U.S. Congress has already taken legislative action to let fake President Biden sign the treaty "into law" without the normal process of requiring 2/3 of the Senate approval.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
TheStorm
Glasswolf said:

Just had another coworker test positive. No vaccine. Dude kept coming to work sick and now he's been sent home
Sorry to hear about anyone testing positive, but what does him not having the vaccine have to do with it? The vaccine does not keep one from catching it does it?

Hope he has a full recovery.
GuerrillaPack
I'm reading/seeing in various places that testing is increasing, for various reasons. And as we know, when testing goes up, then the "case numbers" go up.

Many of these people now testing "positive" have no symptoms, and don't even feel sick.

Then the Establishment uses the "rising case numbers" to claim that "covid is back". Mask mandates are coming back in many states. NYC just issued a "recommendation" for wearing masks indoors again.

They are ramping the scamdemic back up. They aren't going to let this go. Its been too successful in bringing in their communist New World Order "Great Reset" agenda.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
caryking
GuerrillaPack said:

Then the Establishment uses the "rising case numbers" to claim that "covid is back". Mask mandates are coming back in many states. NYC just issued a "recommendation" for wearing masks indoors again.

People have a tendency to take recommendation seriously. The way our society has transformed, no one takes information (not recommendations) and make decisions best for themselves.

The reliance on a Government body for one's actions is a truly scary position to be in. I'm a big proponent of people taking information, discussing with their trusted people, and make a decision that's best for them.

People look for Government to be solutions providers! Unhealthy!!

Joe Biden
TheStorm
Saw a short piece on Spectrum a day or two ago that the CDC is now pushing for a negative covid test in order to fly domestically... I don't remember that ever being a requirement the first time around, then why should it be one now?
Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

Glasswolf said:

Sorry to hear about anyone testing positive, but what does him not having the vaccine have to do with it? The vaccine does not keep one from catching it does it?

Hope he has a full recovery.
Nothing really. Just a generation thing for his age group. problem was his live in girl friend was positive last week and he kept coming to work even though he had symptoms but initially tested negative. Now he's positive.

mrcpack17
TheStorm said:

Saw a short piece on Spectrum a day or two ago that the CDC is now pushing for a negative covid test in order to fly domestically... I don't remember that ever being a requirement the first time around, then why should it be one now?
It was. At least I had to provide one last year. Flying in covid times is a pain the butt.
Mormad
The sad reality of that sentiment is that most aren't able to assimilate pertinent information to make intelligent, rational decisions nor do they surround themselves with trustworthy "trusted people" nor do they listen to those they should trust. Some do. Many do not. I'm certainly not advocating government control as they're the last ones I'd trust, but you gotta admit that sometimes you just shake your head at some of the opinions written by those who have supposedly gathered info from trusted sources.
statefan91
TheStorm said:

I found it ridiculous when I had to track down a COVID test coming back from London last week, despite not needing to test to enter UK or do anything whatsoever while over there.
FlossyDFlynt
mrcpack17 said:

TheStorm said:

It was. At least I had to provide one last year. Flying in covid times is a pain the butt.
For a domestic flight? I flew in May 2020 and sometime in early 2021 and didnt have to provide any test.

Also, random note - seeing the Detroit airport nearly empty in 2020 was probably my most bizarre/eerie sight of the pandemic. It felt like a Walking Dead episode come to life.
Cthepack
mrcpack17 said:

TheStorm said:

I have been flying about every week since July of 202o and not once was I required to provide a negative covid test for domestic travel. International yes but not for domestic. It would be new.
Packchem91
Cthepack said:

mrcpack17 said:

TheStorm said:

I have been flying about every week since July of 202o and not once was I required to provide a negative covid test for domestic travel. International yes but not for domestic. It would be new.
thanks for clarifying!
caryking
Mormad said:

The sad reality of that sentiment is that most aren't able to assimilate pertinent information to make intelligent, rational decisions nor do they surround themselves with trustworthy "trusted people" nor do they listen to those they should trust. Some do. Many do not. I'm certainly not advocating government control as they're the last ones I'd trust, but you gotta admit that sometimes you just shake your head at some of the opinions written by those who have supposedly gathered info from trusted sources.

Completely agree!

Joe Biden
Werewolf
Mormad said:

I agree. I think there should be a tailgate party hosted by IPS when all this is over in a couple of years. I want to donate $250 gift certificate to each of our two medical experts here and deliver it in person that day with a smile on my face. Thank you both for convincing me to get my two Pfizer shots. I'll be getting my 2nd one around the end of the month. Can't wait to be eligible for that 1st booster afterwards. Thanks again!! :-)
TheStorm
mrcpack17 said:

TheStorm said:

No it wasn't. All that was required domestically was that you had to wear a mask. No negative test was needed as any standard rule to fly domestically. I flew from Raleigh to Denver and back last October - so I know.

Now maybe there was a requirement to test negative if you had tested positive within the last 14 days or so, but I wouldn't know anything about that, because it never became necessary for me to ever get tested.
Mormad
Werewolf said:

Mormad said:

I agree. I think there should be a tailgate party hosted by IPS when all this is over in a couple of years. I want to donate $250 gift certificate to each of our two medical experts here and deliver it in person that day with a smile on my face. Thank you both for convincing me to get my two Pfizer shots. I'll be getting my 2nd one around the end of the month. Can't wait to be eligible for that 1st booster afterwards. Thanks again!! :-)

Who are you, and when did you eat my friend, the Werewolf???
Oldsouljer
TheStorm said:

Don't know, but advocacy should be a no no for the CDC. We're in a bind as a country because too may federal agencies possess power they shouldn't have. The FBI should adhere strictly to its name and have its scope of inquiry scaled back to a few things like espionage, and it's power of arrest eliminated and have to go through local authorities for apprehensions.
bigeric
and eliminate the "lying to the FBI" charge.
GuerrillaPack
So have y'all heard? Monkeypox is the new threat now.

Has anyone already made their appointment for their monkeypox vaxx?

https://www.newsweek.com/monkeypox-cased-uk-massachusetts-case-vaccine-ordered-us-1708075

Quote:

U.S. Buys Millions of Monkeypox Vaccines As Massachusetts Man Infected

5/19/22

The U.S. government has ordered millions of doses of a vaccine that protects against monkeypox. The news follows the first confirmed case in the states - a man in Massachusetts - following an outbreak in the U.K.
bigeric
"...
The order amounts to a $119 million order for Jynneos vaccines, which are used for the prevention of both smallpox and monkeypox.

The order will convert bulk vaccines, which have already been made and invoiced under previous contracts with the U.S. government, into freeze-dried versions which have an improved shelf-life.

Monkeypox is a viral disease first discovered in 1958 among colonies of monkeys that were being kept for research. The first human case was recorded in 1970.."

Wonder if the smallpox vaccination most people have protects against the monkey variety?
GuerrillaPack
bigeric said:

Wonder if the smallpox vaccination most people have protects against the monkey variety?
I don't know. I just know I'm scared. Please save me Dr. Fraudci and kid sniffer Joe. I will do whatever you say. I'm ready to take 2 shots and 2 boosters of the monkeypox vaccine right now -- 4 shots in one day. I know these communists and their prophets in the Lamestream media love me, and care about me. They want to save me.
PackFansXL
bigeric said:

"...
The order amounts to a $119 million order for Jynneos vaccines, which are used for the prevention of both smallpox and monkeypox.

The order will convert bulk vaccines, which have already been made and invoiced under previous contracts with the U.S. government, into freeze-dried versions which have an improved shelf-life.

Monkeypox is a viral disease first discovered in 1958 among colonies of monkeys that were being kept for research. The first human case was recorded in 1970.."

According to an article from National Review, the smallpox vaccine is 85% effective against monkeypox. Unfortunately, that vaccine was removed from the standard list of required vaccines in 1972.

Apparently, this virus requires direct close contact to spread. It is very rare except for individuals who have traveled to countries where it is endemic. The current outbreak in the UK is among a group of gay men.
Bas2020
Bas2020
statefan91
Is this trying to say that high vaccination rates = high infection rates? Otherwise not sure the point of the tweet.
GuerrillaPack
statefan91 said:

Is this trying to say that high vaccination rates = high infection rates? Otherwise not sure the point of the tweet.
The "vaccines" weaken your immune system, as proven by evidence/studies/data.

Also, the libtard states with higher vaxx rates are more likely to be doing more "testing" than the other states. And with the bogus/unreliable "testing", you are naturally going to get a ton of false positives and higher "case numbers".
First Page Last Page
Page 485 of 570

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.