Coronavirus

1,980,183 Views | 19754 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's your thoughts on this? Are you taking steps to pretext against it or just going about your daily routine? Has it changed the way you do things at all? Let's try to keep this from being political. Thanks
wilmwolf
In my job, I come in contact with a lot of people in a lot of places every day. I try always, and in particular during flu season, to avoid shaking hands and things like that, and using sanitizer if I do. Reading about this thing, I don't know if there are any precautions we can really take that will do anything. I can't bunker down in my house until it's over, I have to continue to work, so at this point I'm just keeping a watchful eye on information as it comes out.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
ncsupack1
Not worried about it at all....no different than any other flu...media hype...
Steve Williams
Staff
ncsupack1 said:

It's something every year. SARS, Swine flu, Ebola...anything to work people up into a frenzy. 2600 deaths in China from Corona, a country with 1.4 billion people. 6,000 will die from lightning strikes this year.
GuerrillaPack
Steve Williams said:

ncsupack1 said:

It's something every year. SARS, Swine flu, Ebola...anything to work people up into a frenzy. 2600 deaths in China from Corona, a country with 1.4 billion people. 6,000 will die from lightning strikes this year.

Exactly. The ruling Establishment manipulates and controls people via FEAR -- and by exaggerating, fabricating, or creating a "crisis". When people are gripped by panic and fear, they can be made to do about anything -- such as going along with eviscerating the Bill of Rights after 9/11.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
IseWolf22
Not much anyone can do about it individually. It will could spread widely or it could not. A relatively low percentage will die. But what am I gonna do about it? So why stress?
ncsupack1
Steve Williams said:

ncsupack1 said:

Good points.
statefan91
Steve Williams said:

ncsupack1 said:

Ebola is a pretty efficient killer, don't think it should be lumped in with the others. I would rather have the heightened response to contain it than shrug it off and see it spread.
ncsualum05
It sucks for sure. And I think we should take it seriously b/c apparently it's going to bring the world to a halt as it breaks out in every country including the US. I think the media is stoking fear and over hyping it as usual. Hopefully it doesn't become the pandemic that people are saying is inevitable. The other diseases like SARS and Ebola and Swine Flu have all calmed down over time so hopefully this one will too. Respiratory viruses suck no matter what. The good ole fashioned type A flu is kicking ass this year and has put my whole family down... much bigger problem than COVET-19. Vaccinations don't seem to work.
PackDaddy
There's not many times I agree with you on these boards here but I back you 100% on this. Ebola is on another level and should scare us if there is an outbreak
statefan91
statefan91
PackBacker07
RunsWithWolves26
Will be interesting to see how this thing progresses. One thing I had heard was if you get it once, you are immune to it forever. That seems to not be the case with the information today that someone had it, cleared it and now has it again. One thing it's doing is making a lot of people pay attention.
cowboypack02
I've got a buddy who is the manager of a paint store just text me to tell me that all of the mask from all of the stores in the area here have been purchased already
Colonel Armstrong
China should face serious sanctions from the rest of the world. Their sanitation and food market practices have put the whole world at risk. Not to mention the animal rights violations by keeping all those wild animals caged up next to each other.

Disgusting.
statefan91
RunsWithWolves26
Stay on topic please.
PackBacker07
33 cases confirmed today in California. Here it comes folks.
GoPack2008
As the above post says, this thing is here and it's likely going to be bad. A major concern could be just how many patients require hospitalization and whether we have the beds and facilities to meet that demand. I don't think we are adequately prepared and I don't think our administration has a clue what could end up happening. Gonna be an interesting few months to see if this can be contained or just has to play itself out.
PackBacker07
I believe the worst part of this virus is the fact that a decent percentage are carriers and show little to no outward symptoms. That is a recipe for rapid transmission.
PackBacker07
Colonel Armstrong
Steve has a thread going about this already
statefan91
GoPack2008
Hold up.

Did a mod just delete my post which was DIRECTLY related to the coronavirus and it's economic impact?

There is a separate thread about the stock market, yes. But this is also about the corona virus.

This is a bit much.
RunsWithWolves26
GoPack2008 said:

Hold up.

Did a mod just delete my post which was DIRECTLY related to the coronavirus and it's economic impact?

There is a separate thread about the stock market, yes. But this is also about the corona virus.

This is a bit much.

If you want to talk about the stock market go to that thread. This is about the coronavirus. Not it's affect on the stock market. Simple as that.

Edited to add. Once it goes off the rails it usually never comes back. Trying to avoid that. Sorry you think that's a bit much
statefan91

IseWolf22
PackBacker07 said:

People are dumb
RunsWithWolves26
IseWolf22 said:

PackBacker07 said:

People are dumb

Truer words have never been spoken!
statefan91
Please keep the political stuff elsewhere. This is about the virus, who it is affecting, number of cases etc. It's not about who you don't like politically so you post it on here. Other threads are open for you to do that. Thanks
RunsWithWolves26
7 more countries added to the list today. Crazy thing is that it is getting the attention it is. Talked to a few friends and family in the medical field and yes, they are following it but they seem to be of the mind that it's just another offshoot of the yearly flu. As one said to me, Type A flu is as bad as they've seen this year and they haven't seen so much as a covering of it on the national stations.
ncsupack1
RunsWithWolves26 said:

7 more countries added to the list today. Crazy thing is that it is getting the attention it is. Talked to a few friends and family in the medical field and yes, they are following it but they seem to be of the mind that it's just another offshoot of the yearly flu. As one said to me, Type A flu is as bad as they've seen this year and they haven't seen so much as a covering of it on the national stations.

I'm no expert but I don't get the media hype either...I do but will not post on this thread.
Glasswolf
I have family members in Germany. Government, Media and private sector. They are taking this very serious. There is no known vaccine and people are rightfully concerned.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

statefan91
statefan91 said:

Please keep the political stuff elsewhere. This is about the virus, who it is affecting, number of cases etc. It's not about who you don't like politically so you post it on here. Other threads are open for you to do that. Thanks

I'm posting Coronavirus related tweets.
RunsWithWolves26
statefan91 said:

statefan91 said:

I'm posting Coronavirus related tweets.

No. You are posting political bashing of a party you don't like. Did it have coronavirus in it? Sure. Was it relavent to this discussion? No. You would have never posted it had it been a positive for the party you can't stand
Last Page
Page 1 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.