Coronavirus

1,999,781 Views | 19835 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by TheStorm
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WarrenPeace said:

caryking said:

Who cares anymore?

It's crazy man. Neighborhood kid has it now. She has to stay out of school for 2 weeks. Her symptoms are a runny nose.

*** are we doing???
What a coincidence, me too! Of course, I always get late summer allergies in August, so there's that.
Wayland
Cases data doesn't look awful today.

In fact barring an incredible data backlog report tomorrow, both Wake and Meck will have a net decrease in reported cases this week over last week.

The county that is leading the INCREASE raw cases in week over week reporting (even without Friday's numbers) is Durham (thanks Duke!!).

Wayland
Wayland
Today is also 'Wastewater' data day at NC DHHS.

Will be interesting to see how this fills in over the coming weeks, but interesting to see where some of the waste water peaks may be forming.

Ripper
Wayland said:

And yet the freaks in charge of countless jurisdictions still force kids to wear masks. It is tantamount to child abuse. Anyone who thinks cloth and paper masks do anything to stop or reduce the spread of Covid-19 at this point, are either fools or just evil.
Jtbridges317
Daviewolf83 said:

I thought everyone would be interested in what is happening in other countries. Had a call this morning with a co-worker that lives in Germany. She mention the following:

1. Most indoor venues, including restaurants, bars, concert halls, etc. require either proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test in the last 24 hours (not 48 or 72 like we are seeing in the US).
2. To get a Covid test, there are easily accessible locations throughout the cities where you can get a Covid test and the results in less than 30 minutes. The cost of the test is 20 euros and it is not covered by the government or insurance - it must be paid out-of-pocket.

The thinking behind the Covid test requirement is it will drive more people to get the vaccine, since it will help them avoid the 20 euro cost every time they want to go to an indoor establishment. You are able to eat and do other things outside without the vaccination/Covid negative requirement, so this is what a lot of people are doing.

Charging for Covid tests is also starting to happen in the US. For example, unvaccinated students at Meredith College are required to be regularly Covid tested to attend classes this semester and they are being billed for the cost of the tests. I have heard some businesses will also be charging their employees who are unvaccinated for the cost of the Covid tests.

Still ****ing trash
Jtbridges317
packgrad said:

As it should be. Rest of you Covid ******* should be ashamed
Wayland
Jtbridges317 said:

packgrad said:

Loose observations from last night.

Solid 25%-30% mask compliance in indoor restrooms at the beginning of the game... likely closer to 5% by the end of the game.
packgrad
The bathroom mask requirement was a good laugh. Saw very few observing it.
Oldsouljer
The current generation is a sad shadow of great Americans past. Poliovirus prior to the Salk vaccine, now THAT was something to be scared of. Americans back then still packed the stadiums. Having worked with some of the most hazardous substances on the planet, there's stuff I'm scared spitless of. The communist flu isn't one of them.
caryking
I've talked with several friends over the last few days. Each one shared with me a person that has dies from Covid, even after being fully vaxed. I'm not hear to debate the numbers with anybody; however, people I'm talking to have all been vaxed.

People are saying: I've done my part and people are still dying. What do I do next? They all say: Therapeutics!!!

This country has to turn the table on the conversation...
BBW12OG
caryking said:

I've talked with several friends over the last few days. Each one shared with me a person that has dies from Covid, even after being fully vaxed. I'm not hear to debate the numbers with anybody; however, people I'm talking to have all been vaxed.

People are saying: I've done my part and people are still dying. What do I do next? They all say: Therapeutics!!!

"Let's keep politics out of it..." -

What a damn joke. It was and will always be about politics. That's the game plan. Fear and preying on the vulnerable.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
Wayland said:

Jtbridges317 said:

packgrad said:

Loose observations from last night.

Solid 25%-30% mask compliance in indoor restrooms at the beginning of the game... likely closer to 5% by the end of the game.
I didn't even think it was that high. I saw a few older folks wearing them, and that was it. (this was over near the Murphy field house)
TheStorm
I didn't even carry one into the stadium with me... or the Embassy Suites in Cary last night, nor eating breakfast in the lobby this morning.

And I was the rule, not the exception.

WRAL morning tv news report on our game last night while getting dressed: "52,000 mostly maskless fans pack Carter-Finley last night"... not even sure if they even bothered to report the score.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

WRAL morning tv news report on our game last night while getting dressed: "52,000 mostly maskless fans pack Carter-Finley last night"... not even sure if they even bothered to report the score.
I was sitting just below where the news crews were doing their pregame live shots, and the WRAL chick (very very nice), was not wearing a mask either.
BBW12OG
TheStorm said:

I didn't even carry one into the stadium with me... or the Embassy Suites in Cary last night, nor eating breakfast in the lobby this morning.

And I was the rule, not the exception.

That place can go to hell in a handbasket. They no longer pretend to not be a MSM propaganda machine. The **** they spew if further left than the clowns our lefty friends follow. All you have to do is wait for a "suspect" to be wanted.... if they don't say he's a right wing white... they won't disclose the race.

As far as the masking and BS goes.... wear one or don't. As far as the vaccine goes. Get it or don't. I'll ask this... if the vaccine works then why do we need to "mask up?" If the masks work then why do we need the vaccine?

You lefties went all in too early. Now with your new "Mu Variant" you are running out of excuses to steal another election.

Good luck. I hope each and every one of you rue the day you decided that a "con man" was not the best answer.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
GuerrillaPack
caryking said:

In conversations with coworkers, all the people I hear of testing positive recently were vaxxed. Something seems rotten with the "data" alleging that it's "overwhelmingly unvaxxed" now getting sick.

I think this "vaccine" weakens your immune system. And by design.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Wayland
I was looking over random data things and noticed that on the testing block from Wednesday of this week over 1% of the entire population of Wake County was tested in a single day.

statefan91
Some moderate improvements in Charlotte / Mecklenburg:

BBW12OG
Wayland said:

I was looking over random data things and noticed that on the testing block from Wednesday of this week over 1% of the entire population of Wake County was tested in a single day.

You have to keep up the lefty narrative.... "My body. My choice..." unless it doesn't fit the narrative of the left.

MINDLESS SHEEP.

And I don't care if you take it as an insult. That is exactly what the left is. Nothing but mindless, following the MSM sheep. Not a single one of you have the kahunas to even debate, discredit or even have a conversation about your **** show party.

That's OK... it's coming.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Wayland
I'd imagine if we had this kind of nuanced science in U.S. public health instead of politicians pushing the panic button blindly, we would have a lot more trust. (Especially in the wake of senior FDA officials resigning over political pressure AHEAD of science)

Clear analysis and risk assessments.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/jcvi-statement-september-2021-covid-19-vaccination-of-children-aged-12-to-15-years/jcvi-statement-on-covid-19-vaccination-of-children-aged-12-to-15-years-3-september-2021

Looking at the table data.. I don't know how you could reasonably recommend a second dose (for pre-teens). There just doesn't appear to be a net benefit. Maybe reading something wrong, but there is such a negligible benefit to a second dose...

Totally not anti-vax (I am vaxxed), but I would like explained to me that if the vast majority of the benefit is in the first dose. And although the risks are small (both from disease and vaccine), why are we undertaking (in the U.S.) the medical recommendation of a second dose of a vaccine that carries more risk than the harm it prevents in these kids?

Still let's go ahead with the 1st dose on 12-15 year olds in US.

Here is the tradeoff for a second dose if we 2 dose EVERY 12-15 y/o in the US.

We prevent 2.7 pediatric ICU hospitalizations/200 MISC but cause myocarditis in 200-580 kids?

Which even this should probably have a secondary gender based risk assessment.
BBW12OG
It's ALL about the election in 2022. Must keep the sheep corralled so the mail in voting takes place. Look at the "all of a sudden surge" for Gavin Newsom in California... he was getting trounced. Now he's going to stay in office by a HUGE number.

Wonder how that happened?
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
PackPA2015
You lower that risk to almost zero if you space out the doses to 6-12 weeks. That is what I recommend for my younger patients to do if they decide to be vaccinated.
TraCha4
My aunt just died tonight of Covid. She had been in the hospital since Sunday afternoon. She was unvaccinated. Sad times.
RunsWithWolves26
TraCha4 said:

My aunt just died tonight of Covid. She had been in the hospital since Sunday afternoon. She was unvaccinated. Sad times.

So sorry for your loss. Your family will be on my thoughts and prayers.
Mormad
Dang, man. So sorry.
Daviewolf83
Despite what the CDC have said, more studies showing people who are vaccinated shed less virus and are infectious for shorter period of time than an unvaccinated person.

wilmwolf
That makes more sense from my lay person point of view.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Mormad
Small study showed that 36% of unvaxxed infected failed to seroconvert, correlation mostly with mild dz and high Ct values (low viral loads). Along with the evidence that i provided that showed a paradoxical lack of immunity after severe dz in some, this further suggests the importance of vaxxes in developing (potentially more) consistent immunity. Weird dz: we also know that exposure without infection can create some immunity, and if the exposed is vaxxed it can produce a memory B and T cell response that is like a booster despite the fact the exposure doesn't lead to infection.

Study from Britain of 43,000 infected participants late March to late May: delta was 2.26x more likely to cause hospitalization than alpha within 2 wks of a positive test when controlled for other risk factors. Only 2% of the hospitalized were fully vaxxed, 74% unvaxxed, 24% partially vaxxed.

I have 2 vaxxed Wolfpack friends with it right now. Both had very mild symptoms for 3 days, and not much spread to prolonged contacts (wives, kids and friends), lending some anecdotal credence to Davie's tweet.
RunsWithWolves26
Just got word that a guy I've known nearly 20 years passed away from covid. He was 37 years old, healthy, married with 2 kids. Covid sucks!
packgrad
College football will end the fear mongering about Covid. Well, it won't end it. It's become people's entire identity. But it will end it for rational people. People can get on with their lives.
Mormad
Surgical masks reduce COVID-19 spread, large-scale study shows | News Center | Stanford Medicine
https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2021/09/surgical-masks-covid-19.html

RCT from Stanford and Yale that suggests surgical masks can lower the risk of symptomatic covid infection at the community level. 350000 participants, pretty cool study design. This is why i say most of the stuff we argue about is likely somewhere in the middle.
Mormad
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Just got word that a guy I've known nearly 20 years passed away from covid. He was 37 years old, healthy, married with 2 kids. Covid sucks!

Sorry, bud. It does suck.
Wayland
Mormad said:

Surgical masks reduce COVID-19 spread, large-scale study shows | News Center | Stanford Medicine
https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2021/09/surgical-masks-covid-19.html

RCT from Stanford and Yale that suggests surgical masks can lower the risk of symptomatic covid infection at the community level. 350000 participants, pretty cool study design. This is why i say most of the stuff we argue about is likely somewhere in the middle.

Whole lot of confounding variable issues in the study. Nonetheless I appreciate the effort.

Even with all the confounding issues, they could only find a negligible impact to adults older than 50.

And the 'grand daddy' of cloth masks were found to have no impact.

So let's continue to have further targetted studies and stop pretending that cloth masks on kids in schools do a damn thing.

I am glad an RCT was run, and I hope they try and narrow down things further in specific targetted groups.

But time to stop mask mandates, even these people who wanted so bad masks to be effective couldn't even move the tiniest needle with cloth masks.
Oldsouljer
Moreover, I'm less likely to take seriously, a study whose authors were encouraged to pursue this by a WHO Chief Scientist and funded by an obscure charity in Oakland California managed by a guy with a UC Berkeley degree.
First Page Last Page
Page 372 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.