Coronavirus

2,000,942 Views | 19842 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Werewolf
DrummerboyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here is a post from Steve Deace. Deace is a conservative commentator and has worked on campaigns before. He is a numbers guy.

https://gab.com/SteveDeace/posts/106686541727680577
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
GuerrillaPack
https://instagr.am/p/CSFwgBLJzM-
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Packchem91
DrummerboyWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

And so it begins again in Wake County. My business has me going to a lot of municipalities and county run buildings. Twice today I encountered mask mandates at different places. One had a sign on the door, the other did not and security had to tell me. I let them know how ridiculous it was. I want to know for what reason? It's all BS and about control. The masks do not work and people are starting to get really pissed off. They keep this up and there will be a real insurrection. Another total lockdown will not end well for the politicians.
I don't get it....you got mad at people who don't create the rules?
And why did you get mad? Did it hurt your skin to put on the mask? Could you not breathe?

I told the people at security I knew it was not their decision. Thank you very much.

There is no reason for this Bull Crap. And yes if the idiots in charge keep pushing there will be a real insurrection. If there had been an insurrection on January 6th, then Patriots would still hold the Capitol. You want your freedoms stripped away, then keep living in the fantasyland you are in. I will not be complying.
LOL, and by putting on the mask (I'm assuming you complied), which of your rights was stripped away?

Next time, take your shirt off and try to walk in topless and maskless and see what happens...after all, that shirt is really a waste too, since it doesn't keep anyone safe. You've been complying with some kind of clothing "rights infraction" all your life.
Mormad
caryking said:

Mormad said:

caryking said:

Mormad said:

caryking said:

The truth on all this is that it is all political! The political outcry's causes people to do stupid things. The vaccines were never intended, by logical vaccinologist, to be used on everyone. They were to be used only on the vulnerable!

These logical people believe you "CANNOT" vaccinate into the teeth of a pandemic! So, we should have vaccinated the vulnerable and treat the infected with proper therapeutics (heavily). The virus is going to jump and mutate to the least path of resistance. Also, this virus will "NEVER" go away!!!! Over time, it will become so,etching similar to the flu!

You all really need to start thinking differently! The group think authoritarians are loving this debate! They WIN!!!

What proper therapeutics, Cary?
Watch the videos I shared on Sunday...

I did watch them. But you created the standard that if we disagree with the vid, we must state what we disagree with, why, and have supporting data. But you're allowed to believe "proper therapeutics" make an appreciable difference because a guy you like puts them on a slide, and just say "watch the video?" That's not exactly fair, my man!

Unfortunately, the "proper therapeutics" haven't really shown to make the difference the vaccines have made. They make some difference, maybe for some, sometimes. And really not for severe disease. It's more effective to prevent severe covid than to treat it. 600k deaths suggest it's kind of difficult to manage despite the presence of "proper therapeutics." You think the critical care docs i know didn't try these things to little avail? None of them felt these things, when available, made much difference. But the vaccines arrive and the data really changed didn't it? Davie's simple slide about the effectiveness of the vaccines absolutely cuts the legs off Malone's slide simply naming "proper therapeutics" with no data to support them.

I like Malone, too, Cary. He makes some great points. But some things he says i think are debatable. It's not fact just because he says it. The NYT headlines that he claims was already predicted by himself, has already been questioned when peer reviewed. People here called BS on that headline. They're probably BOTH right. There are infected vaxxed who are symptomatic and likely infectious, and there are infected vaxxed who more often asymptomatic who are likely not overly infectious. The vax very likely greatly reduces spread among the infected by reducing viral load. The slide he claims means Pfizer is admitting the vaccine doesn't work now that they have a drug coming out does nothing of the sort. Read it yourself.

He loves harping on the potential risks of the vaccines and makes any human watching very hesitant but never mentions the rate of risks and only says we don't know. He completely avoids the risks of covid vs vaccines, and he completely avoids mentioning the side effects of his "proper therapeutics." Guess what, they have side effects too.

The vids are great, and as a physician and a conservative i wanna cheer them, but there are very debatable points. That said, thanks for posting them. I thought they were one of the more enjoyable things i have seen on this thread.
Thanks for watching the videos Mormad. Like I've said, I am not a physician and don't understand this stuff. I am looking at a person that has significant credentials and find him to be thinking differently than the mainstream.

A couple of questions:

Are these vaccines truly leaky vaccines?
If so, does that mean they have a lowered effectiveness?

Phizer has said that we need a booster. Why?
Malone says it's true as the vaccines weren't designed for a long term coverage. Do you disagree?
Government is saying we don't need a booster. Why?
Something is a miss here...

I agree, Malone does harp on the risk of the data; all he appears to be asking for is the complete data. Do you disagree?
When was the last time any federal agency provided updated data on these risk? I truly don't know...

Regarding therapeutics, have we had physicians truly pushing them when people are sick? I truly don't know...

The NY Times reports that we had leaked CDC Power Point. One of the slides says that vaccinated people can spread the virus. Are you saying your peers do not believe this to be true? That being: The NY Times didn't see a leaked CDC Power Point or the CDC isn't saying that the vaccinated can spread the virus?

BTW, consider what you call a standard is someone who is trying to educate themselves. The videos a very compelling and if anybody, who's qualified, can provide alternative thinking, then please do so. At this point, I do not trust our government and believe we should have other Scientist helping. Fauci is tarnished goods in my eyes! Just an FYI, the NIH has taken down all the research grants that would lead to the Wuhon Lab, from their website... why? where is the transparency?

These are really great questions, Cary. I haven't forgotten you. I may not get to them until tomorrow. I'll preface by saying I'm no world expert and I'll have a lot of "i don't knows," but I'll share what i think right now, and what I've observed.
wilmwolf
I don't think anyone's rights are being infringed upon if they are required to wear a mask. I do think that a lot of folks, myself included, raise an eyebrow when the government, local, state, or federal assumes control over how private businesses conduct their business using emergency powers that seem to have little or no checks and balances. In a public health crisis, I accepted it as necessary (when we were following the best known science), but there is still some trepidation there as to what could possibly happen in the future based on some of the precedents that have been set.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
caryking
wilmwolf80 said:

I don't think anyone's rights are being infringed upon if they are required to wear a mask. I do think that a lot of folks, myself included, raise an eyebrow when the government, local, state, or federal assumes control over how private businesses conduct their business using emergency powers that seem to have little or no checks and balances. In a public health crisis, I accepted it as necessary (when we were following the best known science), but there is still some trepidation there as to what could possibly happen in the future based on some of the precedents that have been set.
That's the problem... is the official word out of "our" government relying on best known science. We have the media who is an extremely large mouth piece pushing a narrative (sounds familiar, huh?). We also have a group of renowned physicians being silenced everywhere with a contrarian idea.

We are not able to debate these ideas, in a true public forum, with mass attention; so, we get one narrative. Anyone not following the narrative is wrong and needs to be eliminated from society, so to speak.

We truly don't know what's right!!

I've been watching, where available, a lot of the contrarian ideas, recently, I have found them very compelling. If I had any confidence in our government, then I would find their idea compelling as well. Unfortunately, I don't and the ring leader, Fauci, is a huge liar, based on evidence I've seen!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
packgrad
wilmwolf80 said:

Exactly. The private businesses will be affected by making them tell their customers to wear masks and expecting them to enforce it. It will only be worse now with so many that did not feel the need to be vaccinated getting vaccinated simply in order to try to return things to normal. Especially for something so useless as a mask. But because it's more important to virtue signal, we just lol at mask mandates.
Civilized
wilmwolf80 said:

Very balanced assessment. Agree 100%.
BBW12OG
Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

And so it begins again in Wake County. My business has me going to a lot of municipalities and county run buildings. Twice today I encountered mask mandates at different places. One had a sign on the door, the other did not and security had to tell me. I let them know how ridiculous it was. I want to know for what reason? It's all BS and about control. The masks do not work and people are starting to get really pissed off. They keep this up and there will be a real insurrection. Another total lockdown will not end well for the politicians.
And why did you get mad? Did it hurt your skin to put on the mask? Could you not breathe?

I told the people at security I knew it was not their decision. Thank you very much.

There is no reason for this Bull Crap. And yes if the idiots in charge keep pushing there will be a real insurrection. If there had been an insurrection on January 6th, then Patriots would still hold the Capitol. You want your freedoms stripped away, then keep living in the fantasyland you are in. I will not be complying.
LOL, and by putting on the mask (I'm assuming you complied), which of your rights was stripped away?

Next time, take your shirt off and try to walk in topless and maskless and see what happens...after all, that shirt is really a waste too, since it doesn't keep anyone safe. You've been complying with some kind of clothing "rights infraction" all your life.
You are lucky you have certain people protecting your flaming posts. This is a "strawman" argument if there ever has been one.

So here's one for you comrade. You and your MARXIST/COMMUNIST buddies chew on this.

I own a business. It is open to the public. I don't care to work with a certain "group" of people. What you are arguing is that I, as the business owner, have the right to refuse service to said group.

Now in all of your infinite wisdom rationalize that one for me.

I'll sit back and wait until you goose step back up here with your respons.

And I'll go ahead and flag this one for the dynamic duo so their mornings will feel complete. I know they have missed me posting but since 1 out of every three posts I make mysteriously disappears for NO reason other than they don't agree with my politics what's the point?

Enjoy fanboys.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Civilized
People getting vaccinated to try to return things to normal is a good thing, and for 98%+ of adults is the prudent call from both a macro and micro perspective.
Oldsouljer
Ripper said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Communist Mafioso thug Cuomo pushes private businesses to only admit and do business with vaccinated people.

This is getting very dangerous.

https://instagr.am/p/CSFXFUHhnVD
Cuomo is a horrible human being.
As the Italians might say, "Questo problema c'e la tutta la famiglia ."

BBW12OG
The lefties have to make sure they have the power for the midterms. Nothing says freedom like censorship and keeping "certain" people out of public places.

This is the party of MARXISTS/COMMUNISTS... anyone that tries and deny has their heads up the arses.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
Civilized said:

People getting vaccinated to try to return things to normal is a good thing, and for 98%+ of adults is the prudent call from both a macro and micro perspective.
Wrong!!

Joe Biden
caryking
BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

You are lucky you have certain people protecting your flaming posts. This is a "strawman" argument if there ever has been one.

So here's one for you comrade. You and your MARXIST/COMMUNIST buddies chew on this.

I own a business. It is open to the public. I don't care to work with a certain "group" of people. What you are arguing is that I, as the business owner, have the right to refuse service to said group.

And I'll go ahead and flag this one for the dynamic duo so their mornings will feel complete. I know they have missed me posting but since 1 out of every three posts I make mysteriously disappears for NO reason other than they don't agree with my politics what's the point?

Enjoy fanboys.
Agree!

Joe Biden
caryking
BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Enjoy fanboys.
BBW, that's exactly what they are arguing...

Joe Biden
caryking
BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Enjoy fanboys.
Packchem, I know you've said you were a GOP supporter... my question is which one? Global elites? The common man?

Joe Biden
caryking
BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Enjoy fanboys.
I really wish someone would spend the time commenting on the logic of the arguments outlined by BBW...

Joe Biden
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

Wrong!!

Why?
Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

So what is going on in Meck with 3x the Wake hospital admissions (with roughly the same population)?

From the HHS data set as of 7/22
Confirmed COVID Admissions last 7 days
Mecklenburg 55
Guilford 43
Cumberland 28
Robeson 22
Moore 22
Surry 22
Durham 22
Forsyth 21
New Hanover 20
Wake 18

Looking at the NC DHHS Site, Meck looks like it is going straight up. CapRAC showing increase, but not quite the same. Then again, Meck and Triad always seem to surge harder.

HHS Dataset Updated:
From the HHS data set as of 7/27 - Confirmed COVID Admissions Last 7 Days (Change from 7/22)
Mecklenburg 93 (+38)
Guilford 44 (+1)
Forsyth 33 (+11)
Robeson 30 (+8)
Moore 29 (+7)
Cumberland 29 (+1)
New Hanover 26 (+6)
Cabarrus 25 (N/A)
Surry 25 (+3)
Catawba 21 (N/A)
Wake 21 (+3)
Pitt 21 (N/A)

Again, the change in 7 Day Value for Meck is off the charts (Durham actually dropped a couple)
HHS Dataset Updated:
From the HHS data set as of 8/2 - Confirmed COVID Admissions Last 7 Days (Change from 7/27)
Mecklenburg 124 (+31)
Forsyth 75 (+42)
Cumberland 48 (+19)
Guilford 47 (+3)
Moore 44 (+15)
Scotland 34 (N/A)
Cabarrus 31 (+6)
Wake 31 (+10)
New Hanover 30 (+4)
Columbus 29 (N/A)
Pitt 29 (+8)
Johnston 29 (N/A)
Robeson 28 (-2)
Durham 27 (N/A)
Catawba 27 (+6)
Orange 25 (N/A)

The CDC ED % with COVID chart goes through 7/30. They allow for a few days reporting lag, and there is also a small bit of backfill that goes on, so I don't trust the flattening completely.

Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

Wilm - thank youthis is completely reasonable and I agree. The article about Cuomo, as rep of NY state government dictating / threatening to local industry / businesses is scary and should not happen.
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

Wayland said:

So what is going on in Meck with 3x the Wake hospital admissions (with roughly the same population)?

From the HHS data set as of 7/22
Confirmed COVID Admissions last 7 days
Mecklenburg 55
Guilford 43
Cumberland 28
Robeson 22
Moore 22
Surry 22
Durham 22
Forsyth 21
New Hanover 20
Wake 18

Looking at the NC DHHS Site, Meck looks like it is going straight up. CapRAC showing increase, but not quite the same. Then again, Meck and Triad always seem to surge harder.

HHS Dataset Updated:
From the HHS data set as of 7/27 - Confirmed COVID Admissions Last 7 Days (Change from 7/22)
Mecklenburg 93 (+38)
Guilford 44 (+1)
Forsyth 33 (+11)
Robeson 30 (+8)
Moore 29 (+7)
Cumberland 29 (+1)
New Hanover 26 (+6)
Cabarrus 25 (N/A)
Surry 25 (+3)
Catawba 21 (N/A)
Wake 21 (+3)
Pitt 21 (N/A)

Again, the change in 7 Day Value for Meck is off the charts (Durham actually dropped a couple)
HHS Dataset Updated:
From the HHS data set as of 8/2 - Confirmed COVID Admissions Last 7 Days (Change from 7/27)
Mecklenburg 124 (+31)
Forsyth 75 (+42)
Cumberland 48 (+19)
Guilford 47 (+3)
Moore 44 (+15)
Scotland 34 (N/A)
Cabarrus 31 (+6)
Wake 31 (+10)
New Hanover 30 (+4)
Columbus 29 (N/A)
Pitt 29 (+8)
Johnston 29 (N/A)
Robeson 28 (-2)
Durham 27 (N/A)
Catawba 27 (+6)
Orange 25 (N/A)

The CDC ED % with COVID chart goes through 7/30. They allow for a few days reporting lag, and there is also a small bit of backfill that goes on, so I don't trust the flattening completely.

I am still expecting about 2 more weeks of rising hospitalizations before it begins to flatten out. Expect hospitalizations to hit between 1,500 and 1,800 hospitalize at the peak (currently just shy of 1,400). I still project the peak of Summer wave will be in late August.
Packchem91
BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Enjoy fanboys.

You rambled a lot, but I think your question was about you, as a biz owner being able to discriminate/ not serve based on a customers' color/ethnicity/religion/sexual alignment/ other protected group?
If so, aren't there defined Supreme Court cases that tell you that?

I think this is a little hit different, speaking of "rights"?
My own $0.02 is that choosing to not wear a mask in a health crisis is not the same as not serving someone because you don't like something about them?

But.i suspect, the SC Will, amd should, weigh in on that as well. That's why our government works. If Biden, Cuomo, etc are over reaching, the Sc could check that. Sameif a local business, school system, etc is unfairly restricting you, the court system is there to decide that.

Personallyas a business owner, it's your risk, YOU should be able to choose whom you serve and dont. And YOU should then abide by the response from the public, whatever that is. But the courts have already set precedents.
Daviewolf83
caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Enjoy fanboys.
I really wish someone would spend the time commenting on the logic of the arguments outlined by BBW...
Banning people from public establishments based on vaccination status is wrong. I understand the motivation, but it introduces a few issues, such as:

1) What if a person has a religious restriction or health condition that does not allow them to be vaccinated. What provision does the business offer to avoid infringing on these people's rights. If someone has a disability that does not allow them to be vaccinated, the policy would potentially violate the American's with Disabilities Act.
2) Currently in NC, approximately 25% of the Black population is still not vaccinated (based on NCDHHS statistics), compared to only 10% of the White population. It seems banning people from an establishment, based on vaccination rate could have "disparate" impact on the Black community and as such, could be considered a violation of their civil rights.

One could argue these are private enterprises, but the lines are starting to get blurry, when government officials are encouraging (wording has been stronger) these private businesses to take actions at the behest of the government. The businesses become in effect, a proxy for the government and as such, introduce some interesting legal ramifications that could find its way in the courts.
Mormad
caryking said:

Mormad said:

caryking said:

Mormad said:

caryking said:

The truth on all this is that it is all political! The political outcry's causes people to do stupid things. The vaccines were never intended, by logical vaccinologist, to be used on everyone. They were to be used only on the vulnerable!

These logical people believe you "CANNOT" vaccinate into the teeth of a pandemic! So, we should have vaccinated the vulnerable and treat the infected with proper therapeutics (heavily). The virus is going to jump and mutate to the least path of resistance. Also, this virus will "NEVER" go away!!!! Over time, it will become so,etching similar to the flu!

You all really need to start thinking differently! The group think authoritarians are loving this debate! They WIN!!!

What proper therapeutics, Cary?
Watch the videos I shared on Sunday...

I did watch them. But you created the standard that if we disagree with the vid, we must state what we disagree with, why, and have supporting data. But you're allowed to believe "proper therapeutics" make an appreciable difference because a guy you like puts them on a slide, and just say "watch the video?" That's not exactly fair, my man!

Unfortunately, the "proper therapeutics" haven't really shown to make the difference the vaccines have made. They make some difference, maybe for some, sometimes. And really not for severe disease. It's more effective to prevent severe covid than to treat it. 600k deaths suggest it's kind of difficult to manage despite the presence of "proper therapeutics." You think the critical care docs i know didn't try these things to little avail? None of them felt these things, when available, made much difference. But the vaccines arrive and the data really changed didn't it? Davie's simple slide about the effectiveness of the vaccines absolutely cuts the legs off Malone's slide simply naming "proper therapeutics" with no data to support them.

I like Malone, too, Cary. He makes some great points. But some things he says i think are debatable. It's not fact just because he says it. The NYT headlines that he claims was already predicted by himself, has already been questioned when peer reviewed. People here called BS on that headline. They're probably BOTH right. There are infected vaxxed who are symptomatic and likely infectious, and there are infected vaxxed who more often asymptomatic who are likely not overly infectious. The vax very likely greatly reduces spread among the infected by reducing viral load. The slide he claims means Pfizer is admitting the vaccine doesn't work now that they have a drug coming out does nothing of the sort. Read it yourself.

He loves harping on the potential risks of the vaccines and makes any human watching very hesitant but never mentions the rate of risks and only says we don't know. He completely avoids the risks of covid vs vaccines, and he completely avoids mentioning the side effects of his "proper therapeutics." Guess what, they have side effects too.

The vids are great, and as a physician and a conservative i wanna cheer them, but there are very debatable points. That said, thanks for posting them. I thought they were one of the more enjoyable things i have seen on this thread.
Thanks for watching the videos Mormad. Like I've said, I am not a physician and don't understand this stuff. I am looking at a person that has significant credentials and find him to be thinking differently than the mainstream.

A couple of questions:

Are these vaccines truly leaky vaccines?
If so, does that mean they have a lowered effectiveness?

Phizer has said that we need a booster. Why?
Malone says it's true as the vaccines weren't designed for a long term coverage. Do you disagree?
Government is saying we don't need a booster. Why?
Something is a miss here...

I agree, Malone does harp on the risk of the data; all he appears to be asking for is the complete data. Do you disagree?
When was the last time any federal agency provided updated data on these risk? I truly don't know...

Regarding therapeutics, have we had physicians truly pushing them when people are sick? I truly don't know...

The NY Times reports that we had leaked CDC Power Point. One of the slides says that vaccinated people can spread the virus. Are you saying your peers do not believe this to be true? That being: The NY Times didn't see a leaked CDC Power Point or the CDC isn't saying that the vaccinated can spread the virus?

BTW, consider what you call a standard is someone who is trying to educate themselves. The videos a very compelling and if anybody, who's qualified, can provide alternative thinking, then please do so. At this point, I do not trust our government and believe we should have other Scientist helping. Fauci is tarnished goods in my eyes! Just an FYI, the NIH has taken down all the research grants that would lead to the Wuhon Lab, from their website... why? where is the transparency?

I think the vaccines can become leaky. The JJ already is as it was never better than about 77% effective or whatever. There is talk about the shelf life of the vaccines, and rebuttals by smart people talking about T cell immunity. The talk about shelf life is where the need for boosters may arise. And obviously variants play a vital role in that need. The fact is, nobody knows. As Malone points out, we're seeing things previously unseen with this one. So as i always warn, don't be so damn dogmatic in the things you think you know about this as it WILL LIKELY change and you will look wrong. Humility and the admission that "this is what we think based on available evidence right now" is the intelligent response.

I think the vaccines are great at keeping people out of the hospital. The data supports that. 97% of current admissions are unvaxxed, and most admissions are between the ages of 18-49. That's strong real world evidence, based on where we are vs where we were, that vaccines are doing their job. But for how long? Are we going to miss our window while playing politics over health decisions? We, in the medical community, are seeing more and more BTIs. Luckily, these are usually avoiding severe dz but many are still requiring outpatient treatment and feel quite ill for a while. And they are missing work, family and whatever. Is that better than a shot in the arm with the very rare real complication? My personal opinion is no, and most of my colleagues agree. Some don't, but if you think i think every doctor knows sht from Shinola you're mistaken. But it's just my opinion, Cary.

As i said, i do think the vaxxed can spread disease in some instances, and as the vax wanes those instances may increase. When? When the vaxxed receives enough viral load via prolonged exposure to overwhelme the immunity, and then replicates faster than the immunity can destroy. Then the vaxxed will shed virus. But who has a much much higher chance of shedding? The vaxxed or the unvaxxed? The unvaxxed of course. Then it's simple math, Cary. Wanna get rid of covid? Get vaxxed and make it eventually die on the vine or become truly endemic at a low rate and low virulence. And i know your response so let's talk about Robert Malone.

The truth about Malone is that he has a grievance. He says he invented mRNA technology while at the Salk as an MD/PhD candidate, but Dr. Kariko/ UPenn/BioNTech are getting the credit and have been nominated for the Nobel. He speaks of abuse and PTSD while at the Salk, had to leave for Northwestern, and work for a little known company where he claims his superiors once again over signed his inventions. He claims no institutional support and struggles with money.

Now, Cary, all this may be true and his grievances valid. He may be telling the truth about mRNA. But when others are winning Nobels and making billions off of what you feel is your's, wouldn't you be biased?

As for the proper therapeutics, none have shown the efficacy or effectiveness of the vaccines. Just look at the numbers with an unbiased eye for one minute. Good gracious guys, it's more blatantly obvious than Carolina's cheating scandal.

Finally because i know you guys are tired of my rambling and many of you simply don't like it: if there was some massive amount of vaccine complications out there don't you think I'd have heard about it? The government may hide stuff from you and i don't trust them either. But they can't hide my experience, the locker room talk, the lunch room talk, the emails, the meetings, or any of the ways the boots on the ground figure this sht out for community we're charged with serving.

I could be proven totally wrong, but this is how i see it right now.
PackPA2015
Mormad said:

The truth about Malone is that he has a grievance. He says he invented mRNA technology while at the Salk as an MD/PhD candidate, but Dr. Kariko/ UPenn/BioNTech are getting the credit and have been nominated for the Nobel. He speaks of abuse and PTSD while at the Salk, had to leave for Northwestern, and work for a little known company where he claims his superiors once again over signed his inventions. He claims no institutional support and struggles with money.

Now, Cary, all this may be true and his grievances valid. He may be telling the truth about mRNA. But when others are winning Nobels and making billions off of what you feel is your's, wouldn't you be biased?
I thought this same thing when watching the first video. When he says basically, I wouldn't take this vaccine, but I would take the next one struck me as very odd. He seems very put off by not receiving the money that he thinks he is owed. He is also working on the "next" mRNA vaccine, so I wonder why he would take that one?
bgr3
What we are seeing now is why it was so dangerous to move the goalposts from deaths -> hospitalizations -> cases.

Now that people panic about number of cases (not per capita, gross number of cases, breakthrough or not) there is no limiting principle to any of this. Covid is endemic and as long as people panic about cases the revolving door of restrictions will be also. It makes my blood boil for the small businesses that are getting squeezed and all of the people who (unlike myself) were not deemed "essential" but that is the reality in which we now live.

Anyone doing the "masks aren't that big of a deal" thing is a useful idiot for zero-covid zealots and I am out of patience for you. I dealt with the absurd, health-theatre restrictions, I got vaccinated, now its time to leave me alone. If you have a problem with that, consider it an enemy made.
hokiewolf
Good synopsis of the current reporting by Josh Rogin of the Washington Post. Yes, I know a lot of you don't like the post, but I've found Josh's reporting on the origins of Covid and the fact that he was looking into the lab leak theory for the past year or so leads a lot of credibility to his reporting. I've provided links from the original post opinion piece and a more conservative source.

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/08/03/ccp-cover-up-gop-report-shows-evidence-covid-19-leaked-from-lab-in-summer-2019-n406310

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/08/02/new-report-says-covid-emerged-in-wuhan-months-earlier/
statefan91
Oldsouljer
bgr3 said:

What we are seeing now is why it was so dangerous to move the goalposts from deaths -> hospitalizations -> cases.

Now that people panic about number of cases (not per capita, gross number of cases, breakthrough or not) there is no limiting principle to any of this. Covid is endemic and as long as people panic about cases the revolving door of restrictions will be also. It makes my blood boil for the small businesses that are getting squeezed and all of the people who (unlike myself) were not deemed "essential" but that is the reality in which we now live.

Anyone doing the "masks aren't that big of a deal" thing is a useful idiot for zero-covid zealots and I am out of patience for you. I dealt with the absurd, health-theatre restrictions, I got vaccinated, now its time to leave me alone. If you have a problem with that, consider it an enemy made.
Ditto, anyone who would give up any amount of liberty for a perceived amount of security deserve neither.
packgrad
bgr3 said:

Anyone doing the "masks aren't that big of a deal" thing is a useful idiot for zero-covid zealots and I am out of patience for you. I dealt with the absurd, health-theatre restrictions, I got vaccinated, now its time to leave me alone.

Packchem91
statefan91 said:

So I just had a conversation with one of my employees....she lives in the Concord area. Her young girls go to a summer camp in the area. Their friends, have 3 kids -- like 3 mos up to 5 years. The parents are vaccinated. The two older girls go to the same camp, and were exposed to covid. Because of exposure, all 3 kids were tested, and came back positive. Now both parents, are positive.
They did not send off the covid results to test for whether it was Delta or not...supposedly only randomly is that done, at least in Cabarrus county.

To our medical guys.....one of the kids is having sniffles....but also one indicated she was seeing monkeys -- ie, like hallucinations (or vivid imagination, of course). But is hallucination one of the symptoms that could occur? I've read mixed results, about like everything with covid.
Packchem91
caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Enjoy fanboys.
Packchem, I know you've said you were a GOP supporter... my question is which one? Global elites? The common man?
The one that is not the Democratic candidate. I think of myself and my family as "the common man", so why would I not be in support of that?
I suspect there are plent of "the common man" who think the Dem party supports them better too. Its why 95%+ of black people vote for Dems.

Not to make this Trump....but as I've said elsewhere, Trump did a number of really good things that absolutely could / should have won over many black "common man" voters for the first time ever.....but said too many dumb things to capitalize on it.
PackPA2015
Packchem91 said:

statefan91 said:

So I just had a conversation with one of my employees....she lives in the Concord area. Her young girls go to a summer camp in the area. Their friends, have 3 kids -- like 3 mos up to 5 years. The parents are vaccinated. The two older girls go to the same camp, and were exposed to covid. Because of exposure, all 3 kids were tested, and came back positive. Now both parents, are positive.
They did not send off the covid results to test for whether it was Delta or not...supposedly only randomly is that done, at least in Cabarrus county.

To our medical guys.....one of the kids is having sniffles....but also one indicated she was seeing monkeys -- ie, like hallucinations (or vivid imagination, of course). But is hallucination one of the symptoms that could occur? I've read mixed results, about like everything with covid.
I have not personally seen that in any of our pediatrics that are COVID +. There have been reports of neuro involvement in the severe cases. I have attached that article. It was almost always transient and had no long-term effects.

Neuro Involvement in Hospitalized Pediatric Patients with COVID-19
Packchem91
PackPA2015 said:

Packchem91 said:

statefan91 said:

I have not personally seen that in any of our pediatrics that are COVID +. There have been reports of neuro involvement in the severe cases. I have attached that article. It was almost always transient and had no long-term effects.

Thank you PA....that article seems to be more focused on severe conditions like encephalitis as a result from Covid...rather than does a young child having potential hallucinations present as a symptom/byproduct?

Sounds like the docs weren't particularly concerned....I had just asked the woman if any of the kids were actually having symptoms or not, and that was one she mentioned the docs were unsure about.
PackPA2015
Packchem91 said:

PackPA2015 said:

Packchem91 said:

statefan91 said:

Thank you PA....that article seems to be more focused on severe conditions like encephalitis as a result from Covid...rather than does a young child having potential hallucinations present as a symptom/byproduct?

Sounds like the docs weren't particularly concerned....I had just asked the woman if any of the kids were actually having symptoms or not, and that was one she mentioned the docs were unsure about.
Correct, in theory, it would take a complication from COVID to cause a true hallucination, not just from COVID itself.
First Page Last Page
Page 331 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.