Coronavirus

1,999,568 Views | 19828 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Werewolf
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How does the CDC show 41,000 roughly new cases for Sunday and then 125,000 roughly new cases for yesterday? That makes ZERO sense to me.
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

I still don't get the logic behind saying you're for restaurants opening 100%, but being for a mask mandate. To me, it emphasizes the virtue signaling behind masks. I do not understand the logic behind allowing people to sit beside others maskless 3-5' apart or sometimes shoulder to shoulder, with restaurants operating at 100%, for 30 minutes to an hour, or however long you are there, but you need to wear a mask for the seconds it takes to walk to your seat or to the bathroom. That makes no sense to me.

Yep, in favor of opening and masking because I think it's the right balance to strike. It's imperfect but all choices during this pandemic are imperfect.

Last time I ate inside a restaurant, in September on a road trip not very near civilization and with few other options, it felt like we had our masks on around half-time. 15-20 minutes to order and waiting for your food (taking them down to sip on a drink) and then basically off for 15 minutes or so while eating.

That's not virtue signaling, that's just math. Wearing a mask half-time is better than wearing a mask none of the time.

And restaurants are the most extreme example; in virtually every other business type, clients and customers can wear their masks full-time with no problem.

I'm also very much in favor of governors not shifting the burden of mask communication to small business owners, who already have a ****-ton on our plate and who have already borne a disproportionate economic burden during the pandemic, just to score political brownie points with their constituents.

There are medical reasons and political reasons to keep mandates in place.

There are only political reasons to end mandates. There's no other reason of consequence to do so.

Except that doesn't happen in most restaurants. I'm not surprised you say it happened in the one restaurant you ate in the last time you went to eat (September), but in the restaurants I eat in every week since this has happened, that pretty much never happens. Are there individuals that do that? Yes, but they are VERY few and far between.

It is virtue signaling to wear a mask when you walk in, wear one when you walk to the bathroom, wear one when you walk out, then not wear one the rest of the meal. That's not math and, more specifically, it's not science.

Governors are going to open up. It's the natural reaction to people that say that they want one thing, but do another over and over and over again. Just 2 weeks. Just 2 months. Just 2 more months. Maybe next year at this time. Illogical suggestions like mask mandate but restaurants at 100% is just another example of non working political speak that people are tired of.

I'm very much in favor of governors no longer kowtowing to politician scientists. Their time is coming to an end.
Daviewolf83
RunsWithWolves26 said:

How does the CDC show 41,000 roughly new cases for Sunday and then 125,000 roughly new cases for yesterday? That makes ZERO sense to me.
There was a data dump and I am afraid people who do not realize it will think it is real. I am waiting for the CDC to issue some sort of warning (like they did last week), even though they know it was a single state dumping in data.

So everyone is aware, the state of Missouri loaded 50,000+ antigen tests on a single day. The NY Times actually got it right with their reporting today. Here's the graph showing the single day dump from Missouri:

Civilized
hokiewolf said:

Civilized said:

Texas businesses receiving threats over mask wearing

An unfortunately predictable outcome when governors shift mandate responsibility from the government back to businesses, especially small businesses.

One of the many reasons why mandates aren't simply about how much risk each individual is willing to tolerate for themselves. There are many more downstream effects than that.
Maybe governments (state and federal) shouldn't be in the mandating business

I wish nobody ever had to mandate anything. But I'm glad there are speed limits, that health departments require hair nets and that waitresses wash their hands after using the bathroom, that OSHA doesn't let 10 year olds man an assembly line, etc. When it comes to health and safety the government is in a uniquely appropriate position to make and enforce reasonable standards.

So if the government isn't the one mandating, you're shifting the burden from the government to business owners and their staffs who are less well-positioned to enforce standards and also subject to being placed in competitive disadvantage relative to their competition, which should not happen for reasons relating to health and safety.

Business owners, especially small business owners, doing what they think is prudent to keep themselves, their families, and their clients/customers as safe and healthy as possible shouldn't be concerned about feeling they wrath of angry customers that single them out because they have a mask mandate when the shop next door doesn't. They shouldn't be put in that position.

There's clear upside to opening up businesses.

Again, what's the upside to ending mandates?

RunsWithWolves26
I can always count on you Davie! I knew something didn't even come close to looking right. That's just another example of why so many just don't trust anything that comes out of washington
Wayland
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

I still don't get the logic behind saying you're for restaurants opening 100%, but being for a mask mandate. To me, it emphasizes the virtue signaling behind masks. I do not understand the logic behind allowing people to sit beside others maskless 3-5' apart or sometimes shoulder to shoulder, with restaurants operating at 100%, for 30 minutes to an hour, or however long you are there, but you need to wear a mask for the seconds it takes to walk to your seat or to the bathroom. That makes no sense to me.

Yep, in favor of opening and masking because I think it's the right balance to strike. It's imperfect but all choices during this pandemic are imperfect.

Last time I ate inside a restaurant, in September on a road trip not very near civilization and with few other options, it felt like we had our masks on around half-time. 15-20 minutes to order and waiting for your food (taking them down to sip on a drink) and then basically off for 15 minutes or so while eating.

That's not virtue signaling, that's just math. Wearing a mask half-time is better than wearing a mask none of the time.

And restaurants are the most extreme example; in virtually every other business type, clients and customers can wear their masks full-time with no problem.

I'm also very much in favor of governors not shifting the burden of mask communication to small business owners, who already have a ****-ton on our plate and who have already borne a disproportionate economic burden during the pandemic, just to score political brownie points with their constituents.

There are only political reasons to end mandates. There's no other reason of consequence to do so.

Except that doesn't happen in most restaurants. I'm not surprised you say it happened in the one restaurant you ate in the last time you went to eat (September), but in the restaurants I eat in every week since this has happened, that pretty much never happens. Are there individuals that do that? Yes, but they are VERY few and far between.

It is virtue signaling to wear a mask when you walk in, wear one when you walk to the bathroom, wear one when you walk out, then not wear one the rest of the meal. That's not math and, more specifically, it's not science.

Governors are going to open up. It's the natural reaction to people that say that they want one thing, but do another over and over and over again. Just 2 weeks. Just 2 months. Just 2 more months. Maybe next year at this time. Illogical suggestions like mask mandate but restaurants at 100% is just another example of non working political speak that people are tired of.

I'm very much in favor of governors no longer kowtowing to politician scientists. Their time is coming to an end.

When asked directly what metrics were necessary to lift restrictions (and with Mandy standing right next to him), Cooper couldn't answer and simply deferred to anonymous 'health officials', who are apparently guiding his policy and will let him know when it is ok.

It is a joke. He is going to fight to the bitter end.

I am going to try this around the house. Whenever the wife asks me about something, I'll let her know that I'll get back to her when the 'officials' let me know or if I don't want to discuss, I will just yell 'SCIENCE AND DATA' without actually presenting additional information.

Not sure it is going to go over well.
Civilized
packgrad said:

I disagree that mask mandates are all-or-nothing. Wearing a mask part-time in a restaurant isn't ideal but it's also not where the action is with a mandate; restaurants comprise only a fraction of the interactions governed by a mandate. It's the remainder of the interactions that a mandate would govern where mask wearing can be accomplished almost all the time that add so much value.

I agree with you that practically speaking, wearing a mask a small fraction of the time you're in a restaurant isn't hitting on much.

I agree with you that I'm tired of not having a well-defined threshold target (% vaccinated, % positives, whatever), past which mandates would end. That's a fixable problem though.
Civilized
Wayland said:

When asked directly what metrics were necessary to lift restrictions (and with Mandy standing right next to him), Cooper couldn't answer and simply deferred to anonymous 'health officials', who are apparently guiding his policy and will let him know when it is ok.

Stupid move by Cooper.

Nobody is OK with interminable restrictions.

Go ahead and talk to the health officials now and develop a plan that you then describe to your constituents.

Few are going to hold it against you if the variants actually do cause some massive spike in infections (which isn't likely, just using that as an example) and the plan has to change but to patting constituents on the head and say "because I say so" is a losing strategy from the jump.
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

It is all theater at this point. Remember the metric used to be 14 straight days of declining hospitalizations and cases, plus a percent positive consistently below 5%. We are there now on all of those metrics, so we now know it was all a lie. There is no "science" behind it. Just like when the governor and his staff were only allowing 50 people to attend an outdoor, college sporting even in September. There was no science with regards to that policy - it was all optics.

It is time to remove all restrictions on businesses and outdoor entertainment, including sports. Wear a mask for another couple of months as we continue to increase vaccinations, but stop with the theater. At this point, I do not believe the governor will act until people start to ignore his orders completely.
Wayland
Civilized said:

Wayland said:

Stupid move by Cooper.

Nobody is OK with interminable restrictions.

Go ahead and talk to the health officials now and develop a plan that you then describe to your constituents.

Few are going to hold it against you if the variants actually do cause some massive spike in infections (which isn't likely, just using that as an example) and the plan has to change but to patting constituents on the head and say "because I say so" is a losing strategy from the jump.

Right, we all acknowledge there is some degree of unknown. Variants may or may not cause an increase.

Hell, there could be RHINO-21 or COVID-22 or COW FLU right around the corner.

But we are NOT currently in a state of emergency.

Hospitals have more than ample capacity.

We are below 5% positivity (a metric I HATE because it is arbitrary and can be easily skewed by testing healthy people OR getting an outbreak caught), and cases are decreasing.

There is literally NOTHING below YELLOW on their color chart. All yellow is is "NOT ORANGE OR RED". There is no GREEN. And at this point, there is only one county that qualifies for 'RED' because of a testing anomaly on Feb 25th.

They are literally running a power scam at this point with the EOs.
packgrad
Wayland said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

I am going to try this around the house. Whenever the wife asks me about something, I'll let her know that I'll get back to her when the 'officials' let me know or if I don't want to discuss, I will just yell 'SCIENCE AND DATA' without actually presenting additional information.

Not sure it is going to go over well.
It is a joke and he is absolutely going to fight it to the very end. We have a neighborhood club we pay dues for every month that we can barely use because of these endless restrictions. I don't want to cancel because we care about the few staff that have been able to hold on, but its getting to the point where I'm going to consider reevaluating. We have a great newly renovated gym that's only by appointment, and only during working hours. I'm sure people that work from home can work this in, but I can't. Dining options are only 3 days a week. Dining in only 2 days a week.

Just a little longer they say. Just a little longer..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Wayland
Daviewolf83 said:

Wayland said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

It is all theater at this point. Remember the metric used to be 14 straight days of declining hospitalizations and cases, plus a percent positive consistently below 5%. We are there now on all of those metrics, so we now know it was all a lie. There is no "science" behind it. Just like when the governor and his staff were only allowing 50 people to attend an outdoor, college sporting even in September. There was no science with regards to that policy - it was all optics.

It is time to remove all restrictions on businesses and outdoor entertainment, including sports. Wear a mask for another couple of months as we continue to increase vaccinations, but stop with the theater. At this point, I do not believe the governor will act until people start to ignore his orders completely.

We are now at 54 days of declining hospitalizations.

57 days of declining cases by report date.

60 days of declining cases by collection date.
hokiewolf
Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Civilized said:

Texas businesses receiving threats over mask wearing

An unfortunately predictable outcome when governors shift mandate responsibility from the government back to businesses, especially small businesses.

One of the many reasons why mandates aren't simply about how much risk each individual is willing to tolerate for themselves. There are many more downstream effects than that.
Maybe governments (state and federal) shouldn't be in the mandating business

I wish nobody ever had to mandate anything. But I'm glad there are speed limits, that health departments require hair nets and that waitresses wash their hands after using the bathroom, that OSHA doesn't let 10 year olds man an assembly line, etc. When it comes to health and safety the government is in a uniquely appropriate position to make and enforce reasonable standards.

So if the government isn't the one mandating, you're shifting the burden from the government to business owners and their staffs who are less well-positioned to enforce standards and also subject to being placed in competitive disadvantage relative to their competition, which should not happen for reasons relating to health and safety.

Business owners, especially small business owners, doing what they think is prudent to keep themselves, their families, and their clients/customers as safe and healthy as possible shouldn't be concerned about feeling they wrath of angry customers that single them out because they have a mask mandate when the shop next door doesn't. They shouldn't be put in that position.

There's clear upside to opening up businesses.

Again, what's the upside to ending mandates?

Pretty sure your examples aren't mandates brought forth by a governor's decree but actual laws. There's a huge difference.

Additionally, your examples took years to be debated and sorted out, sometimes it took generations to get the laws on the books. Mask mandates were issued a month after COVID showed up in the US.

The upside to ending mandates allows for sheeple to turn back into people and make a decision for themselves as to what is best for their health and safety and not the political class.
Civilized
hokiewolf said:

Pretty sure your examples aren't mandates brought forth by a governor's decree but actual laws. There's a huge difference.

Additionally, your examples took years to be debated and sorted out, sometimes it took generations to get the laws on the books. Mask mandates were issued a month after COVID showed up in the US.

The upside to ending mandates allows for sheeple to turn back into people and make a decision for themselves as to what is best for their health and safety and not the political class.

Mask mandates were brought forth in a time of international emergency. We didn't have generations to parse how best to mitigate COVID spread. Just because we don't have years to tackle it doesn't mean that the government should be toothless to take reasonable action.

There aren't any comparisons for legislative or administrative actions taken to combat something that's both deadly and highly contagious. Speed limits, recreational drug use, motorcycle helmet laws, secondhand smoke, restaurant hygiene, whatever. Pick virtually any other personal conduct-type behavior that gets or could get governed and none that I can think of are both deadly and highly contagious.

It's the highly contagious and deadly piece that makes your "make a decision for themselves as to what is best for their health and safety" an incomplete description.

If your behaviors impact other people's health and safety, as with deadly communicable disease, you're not just making a decision for your own or your family's health and safety. You're effectively deciding for strangers too.

Also, with mask mandates there's nothing to sort out or decide about "what is best."

Masks can't do harm and at best save tens of thousands of lives (or more).

Not wearing masks at best does nothing and at worst does tremendous harm and costs tens of thousands of lives (or more).

Philosophically there's no decision to be made what's best for health and safety of a population, and that philosophical decision doesn't require that we KNOW that masks work. It only requires that we know the upside and floor of wearing a mask and not wearing a mask (which we do definitively).

The only decision is about how much power the government should have to require the population to do "what's best" in a time of deadly pandemic.

As I've said on here before though I do have a big problem with the governor not laying out a timeline for the rollback of restrictions. It's a huge missed opportunity and creates or exacerbates trust issues with government and institutions, at a time when there is high distrusts of institutions. Cooper needs to stop being paternal and lay out the timeline.

metcalfmafia
Maryland is the latest state to announce restrictions being lifted.

Any timeframe for NC?
statefan91
metcalfmafia said:

Maryland is the latest state to announce restrictions being lifted.

Any timeframe for NC?
Cooper spoke yesterday and they didn't announce any changes, so likely 2-4 weeks before anything else.
wilmwolf
Cooper is a follower, not a leader, he'll wait until most everyone is open before doing anything. There should already be clearcut metrics and guidelines in place for lifting the restrictions, they haven't had **** else to do for a whole year other than make these plans.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
statefan91
One thing sticking out to me on the NC DHHS site is that they've only used 9% of the J&J vaccine doses that we have. You would think they'd be motivated to get those in arms asap since one dose is considered fully vaccinated.

Daviewolf83
statefan91 said:

One thing sticking out to me on the NC DHHS site is that they've only used 9% of the J&J vaccine doses that we have. You would think they'd be motivated to get those in arms asap since one dose is considered fully vaccinated.

I am not sure if some of the problem is people's reluctance to receive the J&J vaccine. I have had a few people tell me they do not want the J&J vaccine, since it is not as good as the other two vaccines. The reporting on the efficacy for this vaccine has not been good and has sent the wrong message as to how important it is to get any vaccine available to you.

Quite frankly, I will take any of the three vaccines currently approved and if I am lucky enough to get the J&J vaccine and only have to get one shot, I am happy to do so. The efficacy for the J&J vaccine can not be directly compared to the other two, since the trials were conducted under different conditions, particularly as it relates to the higher circulation of the more infectious variants of the virus.

The key point everyone should consider - all three vaccines prevent severe illness, significantly reduce hospitalizations, and greatly reduce deaths.
WolfPacker54
Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday. Arm is a bit sore, but no other reactions. I've read up on how the second dose is where people experience the more severe symptoms since it triggers the immune response. Has anybody experienced that yet?

Still looking forward to receiving that second dose. My "freedom date" is April 20th. Ready to have friends over, go out to restaurants, and get back in the gym again.
Daviewolf83
wilmwolf80 said:

Cooper is a follower, not a leader, he'll wait until most everyone is open before doing anything. There should already be clearcut metrics and guidelines in place for lifting the restrictions, they haven't had **** else to do for a whole year other than make these plans.
This is a very good point. Cooper and Mandy have not published targets for when we can end business restrictions and as a result, people will just start to ignore the ones currently in place. People can read and they see cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are plummeting in NC and across the US. The fatigue coming from a year of lock-downs and disruption of a normal life is real for a large percentage of the US population. Without clear guidance and metrics for how this all will end, people will just end it themselves.

On top of this, you add people like Dr. Fauci, who downplay how getting vaccinated can help you return to a more normal life. We need to keep finding ways to encourage people to get vaccinated, since we are eventually going to hit a wall and it will be a much lower number of people being vaccinated than what we need to happen. Just this morning, Dr. Fauci went on television and said that people fully vaccinated should avoid travel. Why should they do this and what science is behind it? He said the science is unclear (ie., this is an absence of science), so he is going with what he thinks should happen. If I can't travel after having been fully vaccinated, what is the point of being vaccinated? This is the thinking that results from presenting an opinion that is not based on any data (it is actually based on an absence of data).
packgrad
WolfPacker54 said:

Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday. Arm is a bit sore, but no other reactions. I've read up on how the second dose is where people experience the more severe symptoms since it triggers the immune response. Has anybody experienced that yet?

Still looking forward to receiving that second dose. My "freedom date" is April 20th. Ready to have friends over, go out to restaurants, and get back in the gym again.

That's what I had and my reactions were only with the second shot. It was literally only one day feeling achy, tired, light headed. Not bad in the grand scheme of things. In my limited world, it seems like those who have had the side effects from the second shot have almost exclusively been in the 50 and lower age brackets. Everyone older than that in my limited experience has had limited or no side effects. Fwiw.
WolfPacker54
packgrad said:

WolfPacker54 said:

That's what I had and my reactions were only with the second shot. It was literally only one day feeling achy, tired, light headed. Not bad in the grand scheme of things. In my limited world, it seems like those who have had the side effects from the second shot have almost exclusively been in the 50 and lower age brackets. Everyone older than that in my limited experience has had limited or no side effects. Fwiw.

That's what I've been told as well. I'm only 29 so I'm mentally preparing myself to get knocked flat on my back. Still better than actually getting Covid though.
AlleyPack
Cooper just walked back on his Veto of the in-person learning bill, and will now be letting each county's local school board decide whether to go to Plan A or Plan B for the remainder of the school year (once the bill becomes law).

TheStorm
Daviewolf83 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

This is a very good point. Cooper and Mandy have not published targets for when we can end business restrictions and as a result, people will just start to ignore the ones currently in place. People can read and they see cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are plummeting in NC and across the US. The fatigue coming from a year of lock-downs and disruption of a normal life is real for a large percentage of the US population. Without clear guidance and metrics for how this all will end, people will just end it themselves.

On top of this, you add people like Dr. Fauci, who downplay how getting vaccinated can help you return to a more normal life. We need to keep finding ways to encourage people to get vaccinated, since we are eventually going to hit a wall and it will be a much lower number of people being vaccinated than what we need to happen. Just this morning, Dr. Fauci went on television and said that people fully vaccinated should avoid travel. Why should they do this and what science is behind it? He said the science is unclear (ie., this is an absence of science), so he is going with what he thinks should happen. If I can't travel after having been fully vaccinated, what is the point of being vaccinated? This is the thinking that results from presenting an opinion that is not based on any data (it is actually based on an absence of data).
Cooper is just following the Blue State directive from whoever is in charge at the White House and he will continue to do so until it is no longer in his best political interests.
RunsWithWolves26
Still can't believe the cdc website shows that massive increase in Monday with nothing on that page I can find about how misleading it is. I'm at the point that I don't watch any news or listen to any "experts". I do however, follow davie, PackPA and a couple others here. Feel like I don't get the bias and bull**** that the news agencies like to use.
PackPA2015
packgrad said:

WolfPacker54 said:

There is a study somewhere that basically states your point. I can't find it at the moment, but I know I read it somewhere. The younger you are, the worse the immune reaction tends to be. I'll keep looking and link it if I find it.
PackPA2015
AlleyPack said:

Cooper just walked back on his Veto of the in-person learning bill, and will now be letting each county's local school board decide whether to go to Plan A or Plan B for the remainder of the school year (once the bill becomes law).

To be honest, I thought he had already taken it back. Our local school board voted 2 weeks ago to go to 5 days in person learning with a remote learning option on starting on 3/22.

ETA: This is K-5.
Daviewolf83
PackPA2015 said:

AlleyPack said:

To be honest, I thought he had already taken it back. Our local school board voted 2 weeks ago to go to 5 days in person learning with a remote learning option on starting on 3/22.
In Wake County, they finally approved elementary school ages (K-5, had been K-3) returning to school under Plan A. The other grades are still in a mix of Plan A and B. One school board member voted NO last night to returning K-5 to Plan A. He said in an interview on WRAL that he did not believe we need to move to Plan A for any grades until the pandemic is over.

I do know in the next election, I am not voting for any current member of the school board in Wake County.
Civilized
Completely agree. My guess is Johnson and Johnson has extremely similar efficacy to Moderna and Pfizer, but was tested under different and more challenging conditions.

I got Moderna a couple of weeks ago but would have taken Johnson and Johnson in a heartbeat if I could, if nothing else to avoid the follow up trip.
ncsualum05
Great news the last couple days regarding covid.

1. On the politics side... all state legislatures that are republican led that have had a governor abuse his power like Cooper need to be working on a bill that limits future power in emergency situations like this. No governor should ever be able to do this again. I would say the same with democrat legislatures that have GOP governors but I think most of the problem was with democrat governors. Even if the bill is vetoed keep it on the back burner and continue to try to pass it through. Keep your majorities through 2024 and then it might actually happen depending on the next governor.

2. Warning... there's a bad stomach bug going around. I just got my ass kicked. I'm back at work today but still feel foggy and weak. It hit me Monday night. I know everyone has had a stomach bug before but this one is the worst I've ever experienced. I wash my hands and use sanitizer all the time and wear my damn mask like I'm supposed to. It could be in food! Be careful! Luckily it was done in 48 hrs but it SUCKS!
statefan91

Good to see - I'm ready to see international travel open back up in the coming months and have a 10 yr anniversary trip I want to take. Hoping to see vaccination rates in Europe pick up.
Daviewolf83
Here are the latest vaccination updates for the US and NC (Data source: Bloomberg Vaccination Tracker):

US Vaccinations:
Total Vaccination Doses Available: 127,798,785
Total Vaccination Dose Administered: 95,721,290 <== 18.8% of population have received 1st dose
Percentage of Available Doses Administered: 74.9%

NC Vaccinations:
Total Vaccination Doses Available: 3,961,478
Total Vaccination Dose Administered: 2,979,031 <== 18.2% of population have received 1st dose
Percentage of Available Doses Administered: 75.2%

In other news:

1. Pfizer said real-world data from Israel shows their vaccine is 94% effective in preventing asymptomatic infections and 97% effective in preventing symptomatic disease, severe/critical illness and deaths. Pfizer also pointed out that 80% of tested specimens in Israel were the B.1.1.7 (UK variant).

2. Yesterday, the Biden administration announced the purchase of an additional 100M doses of the J&J vaccine. These doses will not be available in the Spring, but should start to become available in the late Summer into the Fall.

3. NC is expected to move to Group 4 for vaccinations earlier than planned. They are expected to announce today that Group 4 can begin to get vaccinated starting early next week.

4. Yesterday, NC State's chancellor announced that the school is planning to operate more normally in the Fall. The return to "pre-pandemic" conditions will apply to classes, residence living, and overall operations, such as dining halls and group gatherings.

5. Moderna has reported the first clinical trial participants have received doses of its modified Covid-19 vaccines to target variants. It is testing a vaccine developed to address the B.1.351 and a multivariant vaccine for older strains.

6. Eli Lilly has published a study showing their Covid-19 antibody combo can cut hospitalizations and deaths by 87%. You can read more here:

Eli Lilly Covid-19 antibody combo aces study

Below are the latest tracks for 100M doses in 100 days for the US and NC:

US Vaccination Tracking for 100M Doses in 100 days (Data Source: Bloomberg Vaccination Tracker):

NC Vaccination Tracking for 3.2M Doses in 100 days (Data Source: Bloomberg Vaccination Tracker):

PackPA2015
Huge news on better fighting the variants. Keeps us right on track for now to plan to be (relatively) done with COVID come summer.

Also, interesting study on trying to predict who might end up with PASC (post-acute sequelae of COVID-19). The long-term effects are pretty nasty.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01292-y
RunsWithWolves26
Sorry because I'm sure this has been answers but who is considered group 4?
First Page Last Page
Page 237 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.