Inexpensive (relatively speaking) Idea for Doak Enhancement

27,981 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mdreid
Pakbackr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackBacker07 said:

metcalfmafia said:

I highly doubt the WPC is turning down people wanting to give money.

Right. I highly doubt this is the case.
I'm in the development (fundraising) business, and I can tell you there are circumstances when you might say 'thanks, but no thanks' to a major gift...like when the donor stipulates demands or expectations that are illegal, in violation of IRS gift regulations, or are inconsistent with the values and/or needs of the organization. If 'naming rights' are involved, you might even turn away a gift that involves a family/business name involved in litigation or some other controversy (think Enron, Kevin Spacey, Harvey Weinstein).

Hypothetically, let's just say that a donor walked into the WPC and said I'm ready to stroke you a check for $20M right now for a new baseball stadium...but that stadium must be located on Centennial Campus...and oh, BTW, I want the head coach fired....and I want to be involved in the selection process for the next coach. While the gifts I work with pale in comparison to numbers like this, I've had a few sizable ones. In such cases, you try to work with the donor to let them know what is and is not possible....you try to work through the details to reach a mutually agreeable situation. Most times you can, but I can envision circumstances when this just may not be possible.
Wolfer79
JCooke93
Must be nice
Pakbackr
New minor league park in Fayetteville looks pretty nice.
Lagniappe
gopack1979 said:

Debbie is not telling people not to go to the WPC to donate $ for the general fund. WPC is our fundraising arm, she can't take $ directly from a donor without them going through WPC. WPC is telling people not to donate until Debbie is gone. They do not want her getting credit for anything and are purposely trying to sabotage whatever they can. They haven't actively raised $ in years.
That's incredibly difficult to believe.
JCooke93
Just tell you all what I have heard
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia
Looking at all of these new facilities makes me mad.
PackFansXL
metcalfmafia said:

Mad that we can't participate in the $EC profits or mad at something/someone else?
JCooke93
Will we did get a upgrade to the away Team Bullpen
metcalfmafia
PackFansXL said:

metcalfmafia said:

Mad that we can't participate in the $EC profits or mad at something/someone else?
Mad at myself, mad at the world, etc.
metcalfmafia
JCooke93 said:

Will we did get a upgrade to the away Team Bullpen
Baby steps...maybe if we make it a nice ballpark for the away team, then someone will feel sorry for us and upgrade our facilities!
Wolfer79
Nicer view than Lee Dorm

metcalfmafia
Wolfer79 said:

Nicer view than Lee Dorm

There is nothing better than a perfect day at a picturesque baseball stadium.
Pakbackr
The addition of our new AD made me take a look at Army's baseball stadium...relatively speaking, makes Doak look great!
ciscopack
Wolfer79 said:

grass in the stands and plastic on the field
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Ripper said:

JCooke93 said:

Until Yow is Gone There Will Not Be No Upgrades To The Doak
What happens after she leaves? Upgrades?

Guess we find out May 2
78wilsonpack
Pakbackr said:

PackBacker07 said:

metcalfmafia said:

I highly doubt the WPC is turning down people wanting to give money.

Right. I highly doubt this is the case.
I'm in the development (fundraising) business, and I can tell you there are circumstances when you might say 'thanks, but no thanks' to a major gift...like when the donor stipulates demands or expectations that are illegal, in violation of IRS gift regulations, or are inconsistent with the values and/or needs of the organization. If 'naming rights' are involved, you might even turn away a gift that involves a family/business name involved in litigation or some other controversy (think Enron, Kevin Spacey, Harvey Weinstein).

Hypothetically, let's just say that a donor walked into the WPC and said I'm ready to stroke you a check for $20M right now for a new baseball stadium...but that stadium must be located on Centennial Campus...and oh, BTW, I want the head coach fired....and I want to be involved in the selection process for the next coach. While the gifts I work with pale in comparison to numbers like this, I've had a few sizable ones. In such cases, you try to work with the donor to let them know what is and is not possible....you try to work through the details to reach a mutually agreeable situation. Most times you can, but I can envision circumstances when this just may not be possible.
Not associated with building a stadium but I think we know what happened with a football coach about 20 miles away. The then current coach was released and the new one hired faster than you could blink an eye. Funny thing is I don't think the AD had a say in the entire process. In that case $$ talked and apparently the donor(s) got the replacement coach they wanted and It's beyond my comprehension why they wanted him.
Lagniappe
gopack1979 said:

The Wolfpack Club will not raise money for this project until Yow retires. Hard to believe they are so dysfunctional and are telling donors not to donate until she is gone. That's the reality we live in though.
Is this related to baseball only? I know the WPC is constantly raising $$ the rest of us know nothing about. Like, who is providing funds for the weight room expansion at the Murph & other ongoing projects? I hear it is being funded by high level donors....but who really knows.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Pakbackr
Wolfer79 said:

Grand Canyon has this...That makes me sad!
johntom
Pakbackr said:

Wolfer79 said:

You would think a school like ours would be able to afford to build a decent park when freaking Grand Canyon has this. Of course Grand Canyon is a for profit school so they might have more money than we think.
metcalfmafia
johntom said:

Pakbackr said:

Wolfer79 said:

You would think a school like ours would be able to afford to build a decent park when freaking Grand Canyon has this. Of course Grand Canyon is a for profit school so they might have more money than we think.
Grand Canyon wipes their ass with money man.
PackBacker07
New digs upcoming for Marshall:

@AECOMSports It's a great day for @marshallu @HerdZone with the announcement of their new @HerdBaseball ballpark! Thrilled to be a part of this home run project. Congratulations from your friends at @AECOMSports! #HerdFamily @TheHerdAD @MUBigGreen @HuntingtonCity https://t.co/TPZfnT9crv
Y'all means ALL.
Wolfer79
Pakbackr
Wolfer79 said:

Really nothing all that impressive about Stanford's stadium, yet it is still nicer than Doak!
Wolfer79
JCooke93
Wolfer79 said:

All i have to say is that only 3 more Months
WolfQuacker
So much for the urban legend that some big wig wanted to donate to upgrade baseball facilities and was told it couldn't be earmarked.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.