Inexpensive (relatively speaking) Idea for Doak Enhancement

27,980 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mdreid
metcalfmafia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ripper said:

Baseball stadium improvements, however modest, should be next on the sports infrastructure list. Just ahead of the east stands at C-F, and Swimming.

Both soccer teams should be good for a while. W. Basketball, Volleyball, and Wrestling are set. M. Basketball is set for a while. Softball is set.
Wolfer79
Pakbackr
Wolfer79 said:

OMG - what a nice stadium! Seriously, how do we recruit with Doak???
JCooke93
Pakbackr said:

Wolfer79 said:

OMG - what a nice stadium! Seriously, how do we recruit with Doak???
Coach Hart
Pakbackr
Then Coach Hart has done an excellent job, under the circumstances! We need to help this man with some nicer facilities!!!
metcalfmafia
Pakbackr said:

Then Coach Hart has done an excellent job, under the circumstances! We need to help this man with some nicer facilities!!!
When should I let Mr. Purcell know to be expecting the check?
Pakbackr
If I had won the lottery last night, he'd have my check already!
metcalfmafia
Pakbackr said:

If I had won the lottery last night, he'd have my check already!
Ha I'm with ya my man. Always been a goal of mine to have my name on something. My salary right now won't cut it unfortunately.
Pakbackr
My name is on a few bricks and plaques around campus. That's probably the best I can do.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
gopack1979
The Wolfpack Club will not raise money for this project until Yow retires. Hard to believe they are so dysfunctional and are telling donors not to donate until she is gone. That's the reality we live in though.
Wolfer79
JCooke93
gopack1979 said:

The Wolfpack Club will not raise money for this project until Yow retires. Hard to believe they are so dysfunctional and are telling donors not to donate until she is gone. That's the reality we live in though.
Very Sad But True
metcalfmafia
JCooke93 said:

gopack1979 said:

Very Sad But True

Why are they doing this? I'm out of the loop here.
johntom
I want renovations more than anyone, but I could understand where Yow is coming from. We're getting about as good of results as we can expect in baseball right now with minimal investment. We don't have unlimited pockets like other schools. If we're going to renovate anything, I think it should be Carter Finley, the Doak, and the pool in that order.
JCooke93
All I have to say is that we do have people that want to give the program money but she is turning them away And telling them to give it to the Wolfpack Club
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia said:

JCooke93 said:

gopack1979 said:

Very Sad But True

Why are they doing this? I'm out of the loop here.

One of my guesses is the debt the WPC and Athletic Department has now for projects built. I have seen the number but cannot remember and do not have time to look now.
Pakbackr
The pool is pathetic...no other word to describe it. The fact that we have a coaching staff that has been successful with it, speaks volumes. Doak is quickly finding its place at the bottom of the ACC baseball facilities. These facilities need upgrades (replacing) now!
Ripper
JCooke93 said:

All I have to say is that we do have people that want to give the program money but she is turning them away And telling them to give it to the Wolfpack Club
I remember hearing that a few years ago. Is it still the case that we have baseball only donors, ready to give large sums at the drop of a hat? Can the money these baseball only donors give, provide the necessary funds to renovate Doak or build a new stadium? Or is it a limited amount, requiring other funding sources?
JCooke93
I really think that it could
metcalfmafia
Just kind of sucks...I definitely see where donors are coming from. I would rather have my name next to a better baseball facility and not "this man helped pay off the debt."
JCooke93
Yup
gopack1979
Debbie is not telling people not to go to the WPC to donate $ for the general fund. WPC is our fundraising arm, she can't take $ directly from a donor without them going through WPC. WPC is telling people not to donate until Debbie is gone. They do not want her getting credit for anything and are purposely trying to sabotage whatever they can. They haven't actively raised $ in years.
PackFansXL
gopack1979 said:

Debbie is not telling people to go to the WPC to donate $ for the general fund. WPC is our fundraising arm, she can't take $ directly from a donor without them going through WPC. WPC is telling people not to donate until Debbie is gone. They do not want her getting credit for anything and are purposely trying to sabotage whatever they can. They haven't actively raised $ in years.

That's incredibly disappointing behavior if true.
I40Wolf
gopack1979 said:

Debbie is not telling people to go to the WPC to donate $ for the general fund. WPC is our fundraising arm, she can't take $ directly from a donor without them going through WPC. WPC is telling people not to donate until Debbie is gone. They do not want her getting credit for anything and are purposely trying to sabotage whatever they can. They haven't actively raised $ in years.
Why?
gopack1979
Fixed my post Debbie would tell people to got to WPC, they're telling people they don't want their $ until she is gone.
metcalfmafia
I highly doubt the WPC is turning down people wanting to give money.
BobbyCox95
We just saved alot from not building the basketball dorm. Lets throw that money (or debt) towards the Doak.

Edit: I posted before I realized there was a second page and before I read all the WPC/Yow drama. Does this have anything to do with the fact Purcell didn't get the AD job and Yow did?
rugschoice
The perma ban list continues to grow
Wolfer79

JCooke93
Boooo
Pakbackr
Wolfer79 said:

Good Lord, that is nice!
metcalfmafia
Dang thats a lot of cash.
PackBacker07
metcalfmafia said:

I highly doubt the WPC is turning down people wanting to give money.

Right. I highly doubt this is the case.
Y'all means ALL.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.