Baseball 4/20-22 @ Duke

34,630 Views | 282 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EthanBarry
wolfpack1437
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tatum steals 3rd
wolfpack1437
Cooper falls behind 1-2, K's looking. 2 down
wolfpack1437
McClain RBI double down the right field line. 4-2
wolfpack1437
Kinneman grounds out to the pitcher to end the Pack half of the 5th. 4-2 Duke mid 5
wolfpack1437
It has been a week since Kinneman made solid contact on a pitch. Need him to get back to himself. Has had a couple mini slumps lately
wolfpack1437
Single to left center starts the Duke 5th.
wolfpack1437
Justice falls behind the batter 2-0, 3-0, Clenney warming again, 3-1, walks batter. 1st and 2nd, nobody out
wolfpack1437
Avent to the mound
wolfpack1437
Clenney replaces Justice
wolfpack1437
Batter trying to bunt. 0-1, sac bunts to Clenney. 2nd and 3rd, 1 down
wolfpack1437
Intentional walk. Bases loaded, 1 out
wolfpack1437
RBI flyout to Deathrage who makes a poor throw that gets by Bailey. Runners advance on the error. 2nd and 3rd, 2 down, 5-2 Duke
wolfpack1437
Clenney falls behind the next batter 3-0, walks him. Bases loaded again 2 down
wilmwolf
Maybe it's just me, but Duke's right fielder is a guy that seems easy to dislike. Strikes me as the type of cocky punk I hated playing with. Sour grapes after the grand slam, I know, but I felt the same yesterday.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
wolfpack1437
Clenney falls behind the next batter 2-0, 3 RBI double down the left field line. 8-2 Duke
wolfpack1437
Clenney gets ahead 0-2 and then gives up a 2-run shot to left. 10-2 Duke
wolfpack1437
Flyout to Wilson ends the bleeding. 10-2 Duke after 5
EthanBarry
Staff
wolfpack1437 said:

It has been a week since Kinneman made solid contact on a pitch. Need him to get back to himself. Has had a couple mini slumps lately
Does that every year. He'll heat back up
wolfpack1437
Wilson leads off the 6th with an infield single off the pitcher's glove. Edwards to the plate
wolfpack1437
Edwards falls behind 0-2, 1-2, K's looking--- terrible terrible terrible ump
wolfpack1437
Bailey plunked. 1st and 2nd, 1 down. Deathrage to the plate
Bell Tower Grey
This hole might be a little too deep, regardless of how good State is. Team seems off all the way around today.
wolfpack1437
Deathrage grounds into a double play. Should have been safe at first. 10-2 mid 6
wolfpack1437
Play under review. Deathrage easily safe. Will be 1st and 3rd, 2 down, Tatum at the plate
wilmwolf
We shouldn't have to keep going to the review. He was safe. Ump crew has been atrocious.
bro19
The strike seems to be different for us compared to Duke.
Not the reason for the score tho
wolfpack1437
Tatum falls behind 0-2, 1-2, K's swinging. 10-2 Duke mid 6. I'm tapping out on the PBP, too nice out
Bell Tower Grey
wolfpack1437 said:

Tatum falls behind 0-2, 1-2, K's swinging. 10-2 Duke mid 6. I'm tapping out on the PBP, too nice out
Thanks for the updates. I'm out as well. Time to light the grill.
EthanBarry
Staff
Good to see Swinney and Harrison get some innings and look good. We need those guys, especially Swinney. Otherwise the umpires and announcers made that a much worse experience than it needed to be. I laughed when the color guy said Duke proved they were worthy of their top 10 ranking this week
dmelvin
What happened between Avent and Duke assistant when shaking hands after the game ? Announcers mentioned it.
Dmelvin
CLTWolf
EthanBarry said:

Good to see Swinney and Harrison get some innings and look good. We need those guys, especially Swinney. Otherwise the umpires and announcers made that a much worse experience than it needed to be. I laughed when the color guy said Duke proved they were worthy of their top 10 ranking this week

Lol. Is that when he said something to the effect of duke outscored us over the weekend so they proved how good they were? Your team lost the series bruh.
wilmwolf
dmelvin said:

What happened between Avent and Duke assistant when shaking hands after the game ? Announcers mentioned it.

Wondered that as well. Duke was still out there stealing bases with an eight run lead late. I didn't have a problem with it, but in pro ball it probably would've resulted in a pitch high and tight on the next batter.
Pack31
EthanBarry said:

Yeah, that's laughable. They lost 9-2 to us and Duke and 2-1 to us. It's baseball....a crappy duke team of past would prb win one of those 4. Color guy was a former duke catcher, so theres your answer. I think Duke has good ball club but they didn't prove much of anything this week to me going 1-3. I mean their board said we were over rate but went 3-1 vs them and the holes this week. That is what proves u belong. Give me 3-1 this week too with our schedule
EthanBarry
Staff
CLTWolf said:

EthanBarry said:

Lol. Is that when he said something to the effect of duke outscored us over the weekend so they proved how good they were? Your team lost the series bruh.
I think he said it in the 6th inning. Congrats to Duke on the participation trophy though
EthanBarry
Staff
Pack31 said:

EthanBarry said:

Yeah, that's laughable. They lost 9-2 to us and Duke and 2-1 to us. It's baseball....a crappy duke team of past would prb win one of those 4. Color guy was a former duke catcher, so theres your answer. I think Duke has good ball club but they didn't prove much of anything this week to me going 1-3. I mean their board said we were over rate but went 3-1 vs them and the holes this week. That is what proves u belong. Give me 3-1 this week too with our schedule
Exactly. I'd take 5-3 over this eight game stretch to be honest (although there may not be a game Tuesday). I know the color guy was a Duke catcher and he's biased but all broadcasts are like that, but these were the first guys that were completely insufferable to me

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.