Baseball 4/20-22 @ Duke

34,613 Views | 282 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EthanBarry
wolfpack1437
How long do you want to ignore this user?
9-2 Final. Pack leads series 1-0, game 2 tomorrow at 1:00
TheCapper
Nice to win 1st one. Did we even hit a HR? I love how this offense works...
Ripper
Sweet.
Gost8
Did Duke throw their #1?
Wlfpackamk
Avent's comments about the Doak seem to be causing hot takes all over Twitter. I'm mixed on the issue. I'd like the Doak to look like Yankee stadium but where does the money come from. Lots going to revenue sports. I know a lot of SEC schools have used SEC network money to update their baseball stadium.
EthanBarry
Staff
Gost8 said:

Did Duke throw their #1?
Yes
Bismarck
Wlfpackamk said:

Avent's comments about the Doak seem to be causing hot takes all over Twitter. I'm mixed on the issue. I'd like the Doak to look like Yankee stadium but where does the money come from. Lots going to revenue sports. I know a lot of SEC schools have used SEC network money to update their baseball stadium.

I think part of the issue is not that it needs to be Yankee Stadium - but that it needs to be more than a stadium befitting a mid-major.
WolfPacker54
Bismarck said:

Wlfpackamk said:

I think part of the issue is not that it needs to be Yankee Stadium - but that it needs to be more than a stadium befitting a mid-major.

Exactly. Somewhere between what we have now and th DBAP would be fine. We just NEED upgrades. It's gotten sad.
wilmwolf
Nothing wrong with what Avent said, he's absolutely right, we all know something needs to be done. The only thing I question is the timing. He should've said it after we played in front of 7k at DBAP, not at the little league field we're playing on this weekend.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
wolfpack1437
I'll do PBP today for anyone who has Sat plans to enjoy this weather. Figure this is one of those game times that makes it tough for people to watch live
Wolfer79
Just about an hour and a half until game

- Duke
- 1:00 p.m.
- https://t.co/9GExnYw3Gx
- WKNC 88.1 FM
- https://t.co/2J8wwMB3zH
- https://t.co/Xdpe03foOu https://t.co/SADnSPlCmF
Andrew4343
What upgrades do we need at the doak? I'm all for upgrading but it seems fine to me.
Doesn't seem to be affecting recruiting...we got some studs out there
Wlfpackamk
WolfPacker54 said:

Bismarck said:

Wlfpackamk said:

Exactly. Somewhere between what we have now and th DBAP would be fine. We just NEED upgrades. It's gotten sad.

No offense man but the DBAP is the nicest AAA field I've ever been to. I consider it the Yankee stadium of AAA. I agree with everyone on the upgrades but as soon as Yow starts spending money on the Doak and can't pay a basketball coach for a raise, they will have her head.
Andrew4343
Is there a legit $$ value that the baseball team gain/loses? Does the acc network bring in money from games on espn3?
wolfpack1437
Wlfpackamk said:

WolfPacker54 said:

Bismarck said:

Wlfpackamk said:

No offense man but the DBAP is the nicest AAA field I've ever been to. I consider it the Yankee stadium of AAA. I agree with everyone on the upgrades but as soon as Yow starts spending money on the Doak and can't pay a basketball coach for a raise, they will have her head.
I think that's what he meant. We need something between crummy and really nice.
wolfpack1437
Pack in grey with red lettering. Duke in black with blue lettering
wolfpack1437
McClain leads off the game for the Pack with a single into left. Kinneman to the plate
wolfpack1437
Kinneman pokes a single into right. 1st and 2nd nobody out, Wilson to the plate
wolfpack1437
Wilson gets ahead 2-0, hits one over the wall in left but robbed by a great catch with the glove over the wall. McClain tags and gets to 3rd. 1 down, corners, Edwards to the plate
wolfpack1437
Edwards works a full count and then pops out in foul territory. 2 down, runners still at the corners, Bailey to the plate
wolfpack1437
Bailey gets ahead 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, K's swinging to end the top of the 1st. 0-0 mid 1
wolfpack1437
Single to left center begins Duke half of the 1st. 1 on, nobody out
wolfpack1437
Hit and run single into left. 1st and 3rd, nobody out
wolfpack1437
Brown K's next batter swinging for first out. 1st and 3rd, 1 away
wolfpack1437
Brown gets ahead 1-2, K's batter swinging. Runner from first gets to second on ball bouncing away from Bailey. 2nd and 3rd, 2 outs
Andrew4343
Wow! Awesome job to get out of a jam there! Thankfully dukes 3rd and 4th batters bunted or at least showed bunt basically giving brown free strikes!
wolfpack1437
Groundout to Cooper ends the inning. 0-0 after 1. Masterful job by Brown to get out of that jam
wolfpack1437
Deathrage leads off the Pack 2nd. Falls behind 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, K's swinging. 1 down, Tatum to the plate
wolfpack1437
Tatum with a single off the first baseman. 1 on, 1 away, Jarrett to the plate
wolfpack1437
Correction, error on the first baseman
wolfpack1437
Tatum picked off at first. 2 down
wolfpack1437
Jarrett gets ahead 3-1, 3-2, K's swinging to end Pack 2nd.
wolfpack1437
Conference under way with umps. Question if ball was caught after swing. Sure looks like it was
wolfpack1437
If they review this Jarrett will be out
wolfpack1437
Jarrett still at the plate after a really strange call. K's looking. 0-0 mid 2..... again

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.