Baseball 4/20-22 @ Duke

34,553 Views | 282 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EthanBarry
Pack31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EthanBarry said:

Pack31 said:

EthanBarry said:

Good to see Swinney and Harrison get some innings and look good. We need those guys, especially Swinney. Otherwise the umpires and announcers made that a much worse experience than it needed to be. I laughed when the color guy said Duke proved they were worthy of their top 10 ranking this week

Yeah, that's laughable. They lost 9-2 to us and Duke and 2-1 to us. It's baseball....a crappy duke team of past would prb win one of those 4. Color guy was a former duke catcher, so theres your answer. I think Duke has good ball club but they didn't prove much of anything this week to me going 1-3. I mean their board said we were over rate but went 3-1 vs them and the holes this week. That is what proves u belong. Give me 3-1 this week too with our schedule
Exactly. I'd take 5-3 over this eight game stretch to be honest (although there may not be a game Tuesday). I know the color guy was a Duke catcher and he's biased but all broadcasts are like that, but these were the first guys that were completely insufferable to me

Yep, umps were awful, especially behind the plate today. I was there yesterday, and the review time was ridiculous. Made the game have no flow at all. Yep, looks like Tuesday will be a rainout and I'm not sure either team would want to do Wednesday and push pitchers b4 a Friday series. 5-3 would be ok, but at 3-1 now, I'm hoping 6-2, or if 5-3, the loses being 1 to ecu and 1 to unc so we still win the series and control the acc
EthanBarry
Staff
Pack31 said:

EthanBarry said:

Pack31 said:

EthanBarry said:

Good to see Swinney and Harrison get some innings and look good. We need those guys, especially Swinney. Otherwise the umpires and announcers made that a much worse experience than it needed to be. I laughed when the color guy said Duke proved they were worthy of their top 10 ranking this week

Yeah, that's laughable. They lost 9-2 to us and Duke and 2-1 to us. It's baseball....a crappy duke team of past would prb win one of those 4. Color guy was a former duke catcher, so theres your answer. I think Duke has good ball club but they didn't prove much of anything this week to me going 1-3. I mean their board said we were over rate but went 3-1 vs them and the holes this week. That is what proves u belong. Give me 3-1 this week too with our schedule
Exactly. I'd take 5-3 over this eight game stretch to be honest (although there may not be a game Tuesday). I know the color guy was a Duke catcher and he's biased but all broadcasts are like that, but these were the first guys that were completely insufferable to me

Yep, umps were awful, especially behind the plate today. I was there yesterday, and the review time was ridiculous. Made the game have no flow at all. Yep, looks like Tuesday will be a rainout and I'm not sure either team would want to do Wednesday and push pitchers b4 a Friday series. 5-3 would be ok, but at 3-1 now, I'm hoping 6-2, or if 5-3, the loses being 1 to ecu and 1 to unc so we still win the series and control the acc
Every single review took too long especially considering they were fairly obvious calls to me. Absolutely have to beat CH next weekend though.
wolfpack1437
EthanBarry said:

Wolfer79 said:

EthanBarry said:

Debo was definitely in shorts when they showed Brown heading to the dugout
maybe not on active roster since rosters are limited for away game, but they took everyone?
Nah Debo would definitely be on the active roster if healthy. Pretty sure even if you aren't active and they take you still dress unless you're an injured upperclassman (Staley, Debo, Pitarra earlier, etc.) All the inactive freshman dress I believe
To follow up on this with info from TOS-- Debo with potential concussion after accident in the bullpen. Piedmonte (per family member?) with a bone fragment bothering him from HS Tommy John surgery. In pain but playing through it bc surgery would potentially end season. His back actually doing well.
EthanBarry
Staff
wolfpack1437 said:

EthanBarry said:

Wolfer79 said:

EthanBarry said:

Debo was definitely in shorts when they showed Brown heading to the dugout
maybe not on active roster since rosters are limited for away game, but they took everyone?
Nah Debo would definitely be on the active roster if healthy. Pretty sure even if you aren't active and they take you still dress unless you're an injured upperclassman (Staley, Debo, Pitarra earlier, etc.) All the inactive freshman dress I believe
To follow up on this with info from TOS-- Debo with potential concussion after accident in the bullpen. Piedmonte (per family member?) with a bone fragment bothering him from HS Tommy John surgery. In pain but playing through it bc surgery would potentially end season. His back actually doing well.
Thanks for adding. Interesting. Be nice to have Debo's bat off the bench but to be honest I'm not sure who you'd pinch hit for. Tough news for Johnny. Anything we get from him is probably a bonus from here on

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.