Post draft 2024/2025 baseball discussion

9,732 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hm
pack2010
pack2010 said:

Assuming we are done adding bats, here is my fully locked in early starting lineup!!!

2nd- Nixon
DH- Hogue (assuming full health)
LF- D. Thompson
C- Sosa
1st- McHugh
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Fraasman/Lyons

Can't decide between the last guy, Fraasman seems like a kid who just hits. Lyons also provides a lot of upside athletically and would love to see him in the lineup somewhere. But Ossenfort could also steal a (DH?) spot if Hogue is healthy enough for the OF. Lost of moving parts + depth going to provide nice competition in the fall

Updating this again with the loss of Thompson, which is a big loss losing a double digit HR kid. Frassman/Jet/Lyons?? fighting for 2 OF spots, or OF/DH spot depending on if Hogue plays in the field. I know Lyons was recruited for the infield, but his path to playing time might be in the OF. McHugh in the 3 hole is a little bit of a reach, but I think he has some really solid upside with the bat.

2nd- Nixon
DH- Hogue
1st- McHugh
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Frassman
LF- Lyons/Jet
StateFan2001
pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

Assuming we are done adding bats, here is my fully locked in early starting lineup!!!

2nd- Nixon
LF- D. Thompson
C- Sosa
1st- McHugh
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Fraasman/Lyons

Can't decide between the last guy, Fraasman seems like a kid who just hits. Lyons also provides a lot of upside athletically and would love to see him in the lineup somewhere. But Ossenfort could also steal a (DH?) spot if Hogue is healthy enough for the OF. Lost of moving parts + depth going to provide nice competition in the fall

Updating this again with the loss of Thompson, which is a big loss losing a double digit HR kid. Frassman/Jet/Lyons?? fighting for 2 OF spots, or OF/DH spot depending on if Hogue plays in the field. I know Lyons was recruited for the infield, but his path to playing time might be in the OF. McHugh in the 3 hole is a little bit of a reach, but I think he has some really solid upside with the bat.

2nd- Nixon
DH- Hogue
1st- McHugh
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Frassman
LF- Lyons/Jet

A little light on proven talent.
JCooke93
Hm
pack2010
StateFan2001 said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

2nd- Nixon
LF- D. Thompson
C- Sosa
1st- McHugh
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Fraasman/Lyons

2nd- Nixon
DH- Hogue
1st- McHugh
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Frassman
LF- Lyons/Jet

Depends on how you look at it. I would argue we are a little light on high end talent, as of now, but not necessarily talent. Hogue, Nixon, McHugh, Sosa, DeCriscio all have a lot of high level college ABs under their belt, with solid success. Frassman and Jet both have a good bit of ABs at the JUCO level, including Jet playing in a wood bat league. But when it comes to Jaros/Lyons/Head, you're right. Nice summer season for Lyons, but tough to know if it will translate. I will say when it comes to Head/Lyons/Jaros they all seem to be very solid athletes which should help as long as there isn't too much swing and miss.
StateFan2001
pack2010 said:

StateFan2001 said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

2nd- Nixon
LF- D. Thompson
C- Sosa
1st- McHugh
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Fraasman/Lyons

2nd- Nixon
DH- Hogue
1st- McHugh
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Frassman
LF- Lyons/Jet

Depends on how you look at it. I would argue we are a little light on high end talent, as of now, but not necessarily talent. Hogue, Nixon, McHugh, Sosa, DeCriscio all have a lot of high level college ABs under their belt, with solid success. Frassman and Jet both have a good bit of ABs at the JUCO level, including Jet playing in a wood bat league. But when it comes to Jaros/Lyons/Head, you're right. Nice summer season for Lyons, but tough to know if it will translate. I will say when it comes to Head/Lyons/Jaros they all seem to be very solid athletes which should help as long as there isn't too much swing and miss.

In this day and age of the transfer portal and coming off 2 WS appearances in 4 years I don't understand why we are settling for transfers who haven't proven themselves at the D1 level. Seems odd.
matracey
StateFan2001 said:

pack2010 said:

StateFan2001 said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

2nd- Nixon
LF- D. Thompson
C- Sosa
1st- McHugh
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Fraasman/Lyons

2nd- Nixon
DH- Hogue
1st- McHugh
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Frassman
LF- Lyons/Jet

In this day and age of the transfer portal and coming off 2 WS appearances in 4 years I don't understand why we are settling for transfers who haven't proven themselves at the D1 level. Seems odd.
We're not settling. The guys we have gotten have been top targets. We're setting up for another 2-3 year CWS window. Matching up young bats with the young arms we have. Different approach but certainly not settling.
JCooke93
Yup
StateFan2001
matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

pack2010 said:

StateFan2001 said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

2nd- Nixon
LF- D. Thompson
C- Sosa
1st- McHugh
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Fraasman/Lyons

2nd- Nixon
DH- Hogue
1st- McHugh
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Frassman
LF- Lyons/Jet

We're not settling. The guys we have gotten have been top targets. We're setting up for another 2-3 year CWS window. Matching up young bats with the young arms we have. Different approach but certainly not settling.

That's one way to look at it. Or you could say we have loaded up on a bunch of dudes than couldn't crack the lineup where they came from.
matracey
StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

pack2010 said:

StateFan2001 said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

2nd- Nixon
LF- D. Thompson
C- Sosa
1st- McHugh
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Fraasman/Lyons

2nd- Nixon
DH- Hogue
1st- McHugh
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Frassman
LF- Lyons/Jet

That's one way to look at it. Or you could say we have loaded up on a bunch of dudes than couldn't crack the lineup where they came from.

Well that wouldn't be an accurate statement.
Glasswolf
matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

pack2010 said:

StateFan2001 said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

2nd- Nixon
LF- D. Thompson
C- Sosa
1st- McHugh
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Fraasman/Lyons

2nd- Nixon
DH- Hogue
1st- McHugh
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Frassman
LF- Lyons/Jet

Not even close to settling. We missed on some targets but we got almost everyone we went after aggressively.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. Jim Valvano.

JCooke93
Go Pack
JCooke93
Soon
JCooke93
Hopefully so news soon

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.