Post draft 2024/2025 baseball discussion

9,764 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go Pack
CLTWolf
StateFan2001 said:

Yeah I wouldn't be so sure of that yet. What is it you think makes him a better prospect than what we have on our roster? Just that he wasn't on our roster. We have a SS on our roster with as good or better attributes so we will see how it shakes out.
neato
Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

pack2010 said:

If the season started tomorrow, what would you guys want the lineup to be?

SS- Nixon
DH- hogue
LF- Thompson
C- Sosa
3rd- Jaros
CF- head
1st- Ozze
2nd- lyons
RF- fraasman

Weekend rotation- Consiglio/dudan/fritton

This changed overnight, literally.

Not sure whose spot DeCriscio takes, but the competition just got better across the board
He's gonna play short.

Right, for sure. What I meant was, lets assume Nixon plays 2nd. Where does Lyons play? Is he out? Does he play 1st? Does he move to a corner OF spot and Fraasman is the odd man out? Lots of versatility with these guys.
Is Hogue gonna be ready for the start of the season or the season at all? I mean his injury was fkn nasty as hell.
Yea starting to feel like we should pump the brakes on Hogue.

I just don't see Jaros or Lyons coming here to play first with their profiles, but who knows.
Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Yeah I wouldn't be so sure of that yet. What is it you think makes him a better prospect than what we have on our roster? Just that he wasn't on our roster. We have a SS on our roster with as good or better attributes so we will see how it shakes out.
neato
LOL

"Lets bring in a career SS and not play him there" - Elliott Avent
matracey
StateFan2001 said:

He is 100% going to play SS. I would say the 91 games of D1 baseball he's played at SS would tell you that haha

I'm struggling to find who on the roster you are talking about.

Nixon? 0 games at SS
Heavner? 0 games at SS
Thompson? 3 games at SS
Lyons? 0 games at SS
The only true freshmen that could have been considered good enough was Fitz-Gerald and he signed in the draft and isn't coming

Those guys could possibly play SS but I wouldn't label any of them as a SS that has as good or better attributes than Decrisio. The staff must not either or else we wouldn't have brought him in.
JCooke93
Yeah Obee isn't going to UGA
StateFan2001
We will see. I will resurface this next Feb and we'll see where things stand.
CLTWolf
JCooke93
Oh
JCooke93
This is
Ripper
StateFan2001 said:

You said last year that Luke N. would be the starting SS over Butterworth. Now you are intimating that Luke N. will be the starting SS next year, even over the San Diego transfer. Just from what we know now, the SD transfer will be our starter.

You must have some connection to Luke or his family or something to keep making these statements. With the Torero on board, Luke will most likely still play 2nd (full or platoon), as well as be the backup SS, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Jtilley
Ripper said:

StateFan2001 said:

You said last year that Luke N. would be the starting SS over Butterworth. Now you are intimating that Luke N. will be the starting SS next year, even over the San Diego transfer. Just from what we know now, the SD transfer will be our starter.

You must have some connection to Luke or his family or something to keep making these statements. With the Torero on board, Luke will most likely still play 2nd (full or platoon), as well as be the backup SS, and there is nothing wrong with that.
I am on board with Luke and Heavner platooning at 2nd base next year. Makes way too much sense but Elliot doesn't roll like that.
StateFan2001
No connection. Just aren't handing the position to a San Diego SS with a decent profile who hit 3hrs when you have a NC prep SS that will likely be a draft guy in 2 years. I trust that it will be a competition for who plays SS and who plays 2B. Best man wins.
StateFan2001
CLTWolf said:

Love the maturity. What are you 15?
Ripper
StateFan2001 said:

No connection. Just aren't handing the position to a San Diego SS with a decent profile who hit 3hrs when you have a NC prep SS that will likely be a draft guy in 2 years. I trust that it will be a competition for who plays SS and who plays 2B. Best man wins.

Yep. Best man plays.
CLTWolf
StateFan2001 said:

CLTWolf said:

Love the maturity. What are you 15?
Cool!
JCooke93
James Henderson
Staff
StateFan2001 said:

DeCriscio will be the shortstop barring injury. Who is the prep guy?
StateFan2001
Luke Nixon was a NC prep SS. This guy just doesn't have the credentials to demand he plays SS. Wasn't a high level prep prospect and has had modest numbers at UCSD. I suspect they will be the middle and who plays where will be determined in the fall.
James Henderson
Staff
James Henderson
Staff
StateFan2001 said:

Luke Nixon was a NC prep SS. This guy just doesn't have the credentials to demand he plays SS. Wasn't a high level prep prospect and has had modest numbers at UCSD. I suspect they will be the middle and who plays where will be determined in the fall.
He has better credentials than Butterworth who was the guy over Nixon all year.
JCooke93
JD
pack2010
StateFan2001 said:

Doesn't have credentials? you have to be trolling at this point. .300 + hitter the last 2 years and more importantly a .945 and .955 fielding % over that time. he is basically better than butterworth on paper while playing MUCH better comp (FWIW this isn't a slight at butterworth, loved him)
JCooke93
Wolf
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

StateFan2001 said:

Doesn't have credentials? you have to be trolling at this point. .300 + hitter the last 2 years and more importantly a .945 and .955 fielding % over that time. he is basically better than butterworth on paper while playing MUCH better comp (FWIW this isn't a slight at butterworth, loved him)
Sadly, he's not.

Luke wasn't a high level prep prospect but somehow that doesn't matter except when it matters for the other guy.

DeCriscio is a two time HM All WCC selection yet we got a dude here questioning his "credentials". GTFO. haha

There's also this from his SD bio...."Helped his team to a No. 1 national ranking for three years in a row". Dude was a starting SS for a team ranked No. 1 in the country. Credentials? Ok.

PossumJenkins
Why in the fiddlers **** does it matter what either of them did in "prep" school at this point? They both have played college baseball? I love Nixon…but this guy is playin short.
Glasswolf
James Henderson said:

StateFan2001 said:

DeCriscio will be the shortstop barring injury. Who is the prep guy?
This. DeCriscio will be the SS come start of next season.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. Jim Valvano.

wilmwolf
Prior to today I thought there was a decent chance Luke would get a look at SS. Our last two SS have been career second basemen, and I do think Luke could do it. However, this signing changes that, this guy checks the boxes.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
StateFan2001 will probably respond to this.
braz213
It was Jaxon Lucas that was a high ranked recruit that played ss/rhp. PG ranked him the 33rd ss in the nation and number 1 in NC at ss. What are they going to do with him? Just focus on pitching?
rwwalsh
braz213 said:

It was Jaxon Lucas that was a high ranked recruit that played ss/rhp. PG ranked him the 33rd ss in the nation and number 1 in NC at ss. What are they going to do with him? Just focus on pitching?

I'm surprised he didn't get any looks at the plate (atleast in real game action). Probably means they think his future as a pitcher. He's got great stuff.
Jtilley
He's just moving all the way across the country to pinch hit and occasionally play 2nd.

This is one of the craziest tales I've seen on here in a while.
FLWolf
Let it play out in the fall-at least we have multiple options

Guys come out of nowhere to be solid contributors in college baseball-happens every year
JCooke93
Louder
JCooke93
Slow News day lol
pack2010
Assuming we are done adding bats, here is my fully locked in early starting lineup!!!

2nd- Nixon
DH- Hogue (assuming full health)
LF- D. Thompson
C- Sosa
1st- McHugh
3rd- Jaros
CF- Head
SS- DeCriscio
RF- Fraasman/Lyons

Can't decide between the last guy, Fraasman seems like a kid who just hits. Lyons also provides a lot of upside athletically and would love to see him in the lineup somewhere. But Ossenfort could also steal a (DH?) spot if Hogue is healthy enough for the OF. Lost of moving parts + depth going to provide nice competition in the fall
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.