ACC Tournament in Charlotte (Pack9 Eliminated)

34,723 Views | 374 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by toddl
packemup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MTDPack said:

Surely somebody knows what dugout we are in on Wednesday???

We're the home team, according to theacc.com.

eta We're away team Thursday.

eta theacc.com is apparently wrong. I've now seen the opposite a couple of times.
Jtilley
Alex Gee said:

castlewood107 said:

We are hosting. If we don't play into a national seed, getting matched up with the 7 or 8 national seed for potential Supers is massive.

FSU -- has weekend series W over just 1 NCAAT lock this year. Could see them easily losing at home in Regionals especially if they send LSU there.
Oregon State -- same thing.
Indiana State -- they couldn't even host Supers last year due to scheduling conflicts in Terre Haute.

Those are your 3 contenders for the 7/8 seeds now, I think.

Treat all pool play as must wins this week so the RPI can grow. Even if don't achieve Top-8, getting the 9 or 10 seed would be fantastic.

I don't really agree with this. Obviously you'd like to win, but you have to do it with your offense. It would be foolish to pitch anyone named Highfill, Fritton, Whitaker, Consiglio, Marohn, Dudan, or Smith in a game that means nothing to the ACC tournament.

Win the ACC by having your best arms available in games that matter and the Top 8 will take care of itself.
That is the right strategy to win the tournament but if you go 0-2 in the tournament will it drop you any for regionals?

Honestly best case might just be for VT to beat Duke, that way you know you only have to beat VT to advance and throw mop up guys vs Duke.

843wolfpacker
Couldn't find anything online so called the Knights ticket office. We are the away team Wednesday vs VT and will be in the 1st base dugout and home team vs Duke on Thursday in third base dugout. Higher seeds once it's semis/championship will be home team and have 3rd base dugout
FLWolf
No - the committee knows the deal -one loss is not going to kill your RPI

You will get it back on the semi final game also
MTDPack
Thank you for your message. Interesting, because Knights home dugout is 1B side.

I bought my tix for 1B sideā€¦ hoping that was correct.
Wolfer79
843wolfpacker said:

Couldn't find anything online so called the Knights ticket office. We are the away team Wednesday vs VT and will be in the 1st base dugout and home team vs Duke on Thursday in third base dugout. Higher seeds once it's semis/championship will be home team and have 3rd base dugout

Thank you
Glasswolf
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

DrummerboyWolf
Glasswolf said:

What a singing voice by Avent! He did a good job.
Glasswolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

What a singing voice by Avent! He did a good job.
I agree. #EvilGenius got some pipes lol

basementwolf
MTDPack said:

Thank you for your message. Interesting, because Knights home dugout is 1B side.

I bought my tix for 1B sideā€¦ hoping that was correct.
I assumed same thing based on Knights home dugout. Oh well.
Hodog16
I want people to be responsible with their money but just as a public service announcement, FanDuel has NC State at +1000 to win the ACC baseball tournament.

That means a $10 bet if they win returns $110.

Even if not a State fan I like that bet.

It's +3500 for winning CWS.
Wolfer79
Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Tournament
Pool Play
Round Robin, Truist Field, Charlotte, NC
Miami (FL) vs. Louisville ACC Network, 11 a.m.
Georgia Tech vs. Florida State ACC Network, 3 p.m.
Virginia Tech vs, Duke ACC Network, 7 p.m.
metcalfmafia
Well my Louisville ML bet isn't looking good early.
SportManagementEngineer
metcalfmafia said:

Well my Louisville ML bet isn't looking good early.
Pitcher having a rough inning. Lucky to get out of it only down 3.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
SportManagementEngineer
This game might take a couple days
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
wilmwolf
Anyone know if the ACC run rule put in place this year is still in effect for the tournament?
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
grandpack1
If Va Tech beats Duke and we beat Va Tech tomorrow night, why cant we just forfeit the game against Duke on Thursday???? I do not get it
MoCoWolf
grandpack1 said:

If Va Tech beats Duke and we beat Va Tech tomorrow night, why cant we just forfeit the game against Duke on Thursday???? I do not get it
Because the ACC sells tickets to the game and I don't think they want to refund a bunch of people when they have sold a ton of tickets for Friday night.
Glasswolf
grandpack1 said:

You don't. Doesn't matter if we lose. Rest your starters and most of your bull pen.

grandpack1
Glass. you did not understand what I was saying. I know it would not matter. That is my point. Sense it does not matter, why would we just forfeit and not even play it and rest everyone. Their even playing games that do not matter is what makes no sense to me.
wilmwolf
Based on my previous research on the subject, I am unable to find an instance of a team ever forfeiting a game in the ACC tournament under the current format, which leads me to believe that you are not allowed to do so. While I strongly dislike the format, as mentioned above, they have sold tickets to all of these games, so I would imagine that is the roadblock to forfeiting. Also, from a competitive standpoint, I don't think most coaches would want their team in that mindset during a tournament they are trying to win.
Glasswolf
grandpack1 said:

Glass. you did not understand what I was saying. I know it would not matter. That is my point. Sense it does not matter, why would we just forfeit and not even play it and rest everyone. Their even playing games that do not matter is what makes no sense to me.
Why not play the game and rest everyone. Use the bottom of your bull pen and play guys that haven't played in the field. If we lost by run rule all the better.

Glasswolf
grandpack1 said:

The tournament committee will rule on all forfeits. No team should benefit from the result of a forfeit in an unfair manner. This rule could result in a dispute and the tournament committee reserves the right to look at and rule in the fairest possible way. The committee's decision will be final!

Wolfer79
wilmwolf said:

Based on my previous research on the subject, I am unable to find an instance of a team ever forfeiting a game in the ACC tournament under the current format, which leads me to believe that you are not allowed to do so. While I strongly dislike the format, as mentioned above, they have sold tickets to all of these games, so I would imagine that is the roadblock to forfeiting. Also, from a competitive standpoint, I don't think most coaches would want their team in that mindset during a tournament they are trying to win.

I remember an ACC women's soccer game, maybe last game of regular season, where Florida State held normal starters out.

ACC office suspended head coach

Found it

The Atlantic Coast Conference suspended Florida State women's soccer coach Mark Krikorian for one game and fined the school $25,000 for not bringing several starters to the league tournament.
Florida State must forfeit its ACC tournament expense reimbursement of roughly $15,000. Krikorian must miss the Seminoles' next game, even if it comes in the NCAA tournament. He and athletic director Randy Spetman will receive a letter of reprimand from the conference and must submit a letter of apology by Nov. 12.
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/news/story?id=5769538

wolf howl
Got my two tickets for Wednesday's game, on the third base side (section 114) so hopefully that's the home side but who knows. I imagine most of the stadium will be red with those in attendance but could be wrong.

Would love to go to the entire tourney since it's only a short drive away but HS graduation Thursday and leaving for OIB Friday, will be cheering remotely!
CackalackRunner
Duke starting Ryan Higgins on the mound tonight. I haven't heard if Santucci is still out or if they are keeping him for Thursday night.

wilmwolf
It's tough, format not withstanding, but coaches didn't want to mess up their rotations going into regionals. I think you'll see most teams play Tuesday and Wednesday like normal mid week games as far as pitching rather than put their best arms out there on short rest.
Pack9fan_23
wolf howl said:

Got my two tickets for Wednesday's game, on the third base side (section 114) so hopefully that's the home side but who knows. I imagine most of the stadium will be red with those in attendance but could be wrong.

Would love to go to the entire tourney since it's only a short drive away but HS graduation Thursday and leaving for OIB Friday, will be cheering remotely!
Hey! I am heading down to Ocean Isle on Fri as well. Have fun down there, Also try to catch the Brunswick Surfin' Turfs opener Sat Night at Brunswick CC!!!! https://www.brunswicksurfinturfs.com/
Chris Hooks is the best backup baseball radio ever!
@ChrisHooks0223
Pack9fan_23
wolf howl said:

First base dugout is Home): We are Away Thursday
Chris Hooks is the best backup baseball radio ever!
@ChrisHooks0223
PossumJenkins
CackalackRunner said:

Duke starting Ryan Higgins on the mound tonight. I haven't heard if Santucci is still out or if they are keeping him for Thursday night.

They just interviewed pollard. He said santucci was feeling good and he's probably pitching this weekend. Let's go Hokies and let's go extra baseball!
metcalfmafia
Go Hokies.
wilmwolf
VT goes up 5-0 early
Tomas93
Boom! 5-0 Hokies. They chased Duke's first pitcher in the 2nd. Now I want to see both of them burn through pitchers and have the Hokies win a long high scoring game.
FLWolf
yes
ClePack
Wow VT!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.