ACC Tournament in Charlotte (Pack9 Eliminated)

35,139 Views | 374 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by toddl
Rob McLamb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Hodog16 said:

Going to speak it into existence: let's keep this going - ACC Basketball championship first, then this tournament, and finally football to close out the year.

I've said a few times and I'll repeat it here. If NC State wins the ACC title in men's basketball, baseball, and football all in 2024 I'll shave my beard and color my hair blond.

I thought I was safe because of men's basketball but the Wolfpack shocked the world.
Twitter: @RobMcLamb
843wolfpacker
Do we know what dugout we'll be in each night? Want to sit on the State side
justaguy
Rob McLamb said:

Hodog16 said:

Going to speak it into existence: let's keep this going - ACC Basketball championship first, then this tournament, and finally football to close out the year.

I've said a few times and I'll repeat it here. If NC State wins the ACC title in men's basketball, baseball, and football all in 2024 I'll shave my beard and color my hair blond.

I thought I was safe because of men's basketball but the Wolfpack shocked the world.

If you put on some heels and change your name to Reba then I'll buy you dinner before hand!
wilmwolf
justaguy said:

Rob McLamb said:

Hodog16 said:

If you put on some heels and change your name to Reba then I'll buy you dinner before hand!
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
BollNCSU
In the meaningless games can you just forfeit and not play? No reason to waste any pitcher.
CLTWolf
BollNCSU said:

In the meaningless games can you just forfeit and not play? No reason to waste any pitcher.
Perfect game for Heath Andrews, Hollis Fanning, Garrett Payne, John Miralia, etc to get some innings.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
wilmwolf
BollNCSU said:

I don't recall anyone ever forfeiting. I think most coaches are torn, they aren't going to use their best arms etc, but I don't think any of them want their teams in the mindset of a game not mattering while they're trying to win the tournament. I've been a vocal critic of the format, and we've talked about it often, I'm just not sure of what the solution should be.
Glasswolf
CLTWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

Perfect game for Heath Andrews, Hollis Fanning, Garrett Payne, John Miralia, etc to get some innings.
I'd love to get Chance Mako an inning or two
Rob McLamb
Staff
justaguy said:

Rob McLamb said:

Hodog16 said:

Yeah I can't help you there.
Rob McLamb
Staff
Pack9fan_23 said:

Rob McLamb said:

Duke and Virginia Tech will play each other before NC State faces them. The Wolfpack will then know who it needs to beat to advance. It's an advantage each of the top-seeds in the pods enjoy.

My hunch is NC State will play Duke in the late game on Friday, akin to the Wolfpack's matchup with UNC in 2021.

In that scenario, NCSU best benefits from a Virginia Tech win over Duke in my opinion. The Pack would then play the Hokies on (probably) Thursday morning or afternoon with a chance to advance. If the Pack wins, they get two days (and one meaningless game) to prepare for the semifinal.
Rob, so you are thinking we have the 7:00 slot? I am hoping for 11:00 or 3:00

NC State usually gets the late games because they generally have the best fan support.
Rob McLamb
Staff
I predict NC State will win the ACC title this weekend.
WolfpackBAE08
Just bought my tickets for Wednesday night front row behind dugout on 1st base line. Hoping that's the Pack side! Also mistakenly bought tickets for Tuesday night by clicking the wrong link. If HokieWolf wants those to watch Duke vs VT let me know. Trying to see if I can get a refund on those.
FLWolf
It is so tough to predict baseball pool play-you face one hot pitcher to start pool play and you are toast

I think we are playing well enough to pull it off
metcalfmafia
Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

I guess we haven't seen him since UNCG right?
Rob McLamb
Staff
FLWolf said:

It is so tough to predict baseball pool play-you face one hot pitcher to start pool play and you are toast

I think we are playing well enough to pull it off

Yeah, I agree, baseball is just so different from other sports. I still can't believe Virginia won the national title in 2015.
Glasswolf
metcalfmafia said:

Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

Don't think he's played since correct.
Hodog16
Hoping like basketball we can have both -- ACC championship and a trip to the important national stage in this case Omaha.
wilmwolf
What is this dumbass going on about?

ClePack
wilmwolf said:

SMH. Anything for attention
toddl
Staff
Are they vehemently agreeing with each other?

Rob: wow, nc state skipped out on playing 10, 11, and 12. That's a strong schedule!
Corey: But we also swept 13 and 14, but other than that the rest of the schedule was really strong!!
Rob McLamb
Staff
wilmwolf said:

Projection and clout chasing.

He tries to initiate by quote-tweeting and then he admits his error with a response tweet.

If you are going to admit that you're wrong do it with the same pub that you sought when you tweeted the mistake in the first place.
kmb717
Rob McLamb said:

wilmwolf said:

Projection and clout chasing.

He tries to initiate by quote-tweeting and then he admits his error with a response tweet.

If you are going to admit that you're wrong do it with the same pub that you sought when you tweeted the mistake in the first place.

There are people that are bad at Twitter, and then there's whatever Cory is. Guy is just a total try hard who constantly whiffs.
Jtilley
Glasswolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

I've wondered if he is hurt or the staff just doesn't trust him?

Odd to see him just not throw at all this year with the hype he had coming in.
Glasswolf
Jtilley said:

Glasswolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

I went back and looked at the box score for UNCG. He pitched 1/3 of an inning and gave up 4 earned runs. Consiglio took the loss giving up 8 runs (7 earned).

He's been dressed and sitting in the dugout and he appears to be engaged with the team pretty well. My guess is the staff just doesn't feel like he's ready.
Glasswolf
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

castlewood107
We are hosting. If we don't play into a national seed, getting matched up with the 7 or 8 national seed for potential Supers is massive.

FSU -- has weekend series W over just 1 NCAAT lock this year. Could see them easily losing at home in Regionals especially if they send LSU there.
Oregon State -- same thing.
Indiana State -- they couldn't even host Supers last year due to scheduling conflicts in Terre Haute.

Those are your 3 contenders for the 7/8 seeds now, I think.

Treat all pool play as must wins this week so the RPI can grow. Even if don't achieve Top-8, getting the 9 or 10 seed would be fantastic.
SportManagementEngineer
Glasswolf said:

Jtilley said:

Glasswolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

I went back and looked at the box score for UNCG. He pitched 1/3 of an inning and gave up 4 earned runs. Consiglio took the loss giving up 8 runs (7 earned).

He's been dressed and sitting in the dugout and he appears to be engaged with the team pretty well. My guess is the staff just doesn't feel like he's ready.
Maybe he gets another chance in the ACC game that is meaningless against Duke or VT.

That will likely be a bullpen day with some of the arms the staff has no plans on using the rest of the season.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
StateFan2001
Glasswolf said:

Jtilley said:

Glasswolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

BollNCSU said:

Command isn't where it needs to be. He was the definition of a metrics guy. He has to take the metrics and turn himself into a pitcher. He had a 2.77 ERA as a HS senior. For those that don't follow HS ball closely, that is not a good ERA for a P5 commit. He had 75 hits plus BB in 60IP. What they like is his projectability, but he has to learn how to pitch.
Alex Gee
Staff
castlewood107 said:

We are hosting. If we don't play into a national seed, getting matched up with the 7 or 8 national seed for potential Supers is massive.

FSU -- has weekend series W over just 1 NCAAT lock this year. Could see them easily losing at home in Regionals especially if they send LSU there.
Oregon State -- same thing.
Indiana State -- they couldn't even host Supers last year due to scheduling conflicts in Terre Haute.

Those are your 3 contenders for the 7/8 seeds now, I think.

Treat all pool play as must wins this week so the RPI can grow. Even if don't achieve Top-8, getting the 9 or 10 seed would be fantastic.

I don't really agree with this. Obviously you'd like to win, but you have to do it with your offense. It would be foolish to pitch anyone named Highfill, Fritton, Whitaker, Consiglio, Marohn, Dudan, or Smith in a game that means nothing to the ACC tournament.

Win the ACC by having your best arms available in games that matter and the Top 8 will take care of itself.
JCooke93
I will be there Wed and Thursday for the VT and Duke games but probably not for Saturday
castlewood107
Good points and want to preserve those guys. Love to win it with the bats obviously, and VT seems vulnerable with thin pitching.

Maybe we root for a VT win over Duke so we can pocket the semis-clinching/RPI stabilizing W first, then are free to punt the Duke game.
statefan91
843wolfpacker said:

Do we know what dugout we'll be in each night? Want to sit on the State side
Did you figure this out? Want to buy tickets to take my son
wilmwolf
The cool thing is that we are very capable of winning a game with Fanning, Andrews, Scott, Payne, Miralia, etc. pitching.
boguesound
Which side are we on Wed night?
MTDPack
Surely somebody knows what dugout we are in on Wednesday???

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.