ACC Tournament in Charlotte (Pack9 Eliminated)

35,979 Views | 374 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by toddl
WPNfamily
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey guys, I have two tix for all sessions and plan to go to all State games. I hope to meet some of yall down there! Go Pack!
rangerA
What's our pool shaping up to look like?
Alex Gee
Staff
My favorite sporting event of the year.
gabeezzell04
rangerA said:

Duke and VT
Kmcpack
gabeezzell04 said:

rangerA said:

Duke and VT

When do we find out game times?
Packamylase
gabeezzell04 said:

rangerA said:

Duke and VT

I'd take that.
Packamylase
Could someone remind me of the rules to get out of the pods?
I40Wolf
Packamylase said:

Could someone remind me of the rules to get out of the pods?
You have to win it. Higher seeded team wins if tied.
Glasswolf
rangerA said:

Glasswolf
Kmcpack said:

gabeezzell04 said:

rangerA said:

Duke and VT

Tomorrow
CLTWolf
See y'all there
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
DJncsu13
Hope Duke and VT play before us. Then we know we'd only have to beat the winner to advance.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Rob McLamb
Staff
Duke and Virginia Tech will play each other before NC State faces them. The Wolfpack will then know who it needs to beat to advance. It's an advantage each of the top-seeds in the pods enjoy.

My hunch is NC State will play Duke in the late game on Friday, akin to the Wolfpack's matchup with UNC in 2021.

In that scenario, NCSU best benefits from a Virginia Tech win over Duke in my opinion. The Pack would then play the Hokies on (probably) Thursday morning or afternoon with a chance to advance. If the Pack wins, they get two days (and one meaningless game) to prepare for the semifinal.
Twitter: @RobMcLamb
Pack31
Thanks Rob! Huge advantage to be a top 4 seed. Let's do it!
CackalackRunner
Schedule might be released between 10-11am this morning.

Side note admins/F5 sports, the twitter embed should be updated to accept "x.com" urls.
Wolfer79
Kmcpack said:

gabeezzell04 said:

rangerA said:

Duke and VT

The complete schedule for the 2024 ACC Baseball Championship will be released late Sunday morning (May 19).
https://theacc.com/news/2024/5/18/seedings-pools-set-for-2024-acc-baseball-championship.aspx.
Hodog16
Going to speak it into existence: let's keep this going - ACC Basketball championship first, then this tournament, and finally football to close out the year.
StateFan2001
Would be great to win the tournament but give me a trip to Omaha over this tournament anyday.
grandpack1
Im with you Statefan. But fact is in our situation, if we win the ACC tournament, we have a strong chance of being a national seed {top 8] which means we will play all of our games in Raleigh until Omaha which would be great. If we win ACC. I do not see how they can possibly pass us up for a national seed and that would be huge!!!
Pack9fan_23
Kmcpack said:

gabeezzell04 said:

rangerA said:

Duke and VT

For the first four days it's

11am
3pm
7pm

and then

Sat is

1pm
5pm

Sunday champ is
12pm
Chris Hooks is the best backup baseball radio ever!
@ChrisHooks0223
Pack9fan_23
I wished I was going to CLT): Sadly watching from Raleigh(:
@ChrisHooks0223
Pack9fan_23
Rob McLamb said:

Duke and Virginia Tech will play each other before NC State faces them. The Wolfpack will then know who it needs to beat to advance. It's an advantage each of the top-seeds in the pods enjoy.

My hunch is NC State will play Duke in the late game on Friday, akin to the Wolfpack's matchup with UNC in 2021.

In that scenario, NCSU best benefits from a Virginia Tech win over Duke in my opinion. The Pack would then play the Hokies on (probably) Thursday morning or afternoon with a chance to advance. If the Pack wins, they get two days (and one meaningless game) to prepare for the semifinal.
Rob, so you are thinking we have the 7:00 slot? I am hoping for 11:00 or 3:00
@ChrisHooks0223
78wilsonpack
So, win one game and we move on, correct?

We win the first game and then just use the bullpen in the second game because we don't care if we win or lose. Just save the arms.
Glasswolf
Glasswolf
VT/Duke on Tues
VT/State on Weds
Duke/State on Thurs.

Glasswolf
Pack9fan_23 said:

Rob McLamb said:

Rob, so you are thinking we have the 7:00 slot? I am hoping for 11:00 or 3:00
Both our games are 7 PM 1st pitch
pack2010
Absolute best case for us. Let VT/Duke play on short rest, and then we just have to beat the winning of that and throw a bullpen day the other day. The biggest concern, imo, is if Duke wins, they could have their ace ready.
wilmwolf
pack2010 said:

Absolute best case for us. Let VT/Duke play on short rest, and then we just have to beat the winning of that and throw a bullpen day the other day. The biggest concern, imo, is if Duke wins, they could have their ace ready.

Didn't we beat their ace already?
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
PB13
This couldn't have set up any better for us. All other pools likely last until Friday. We could advance as early as Wednesday.
Alex Gee
Staff
This is a good setup. I think Duke is going to beat VT so that matchup being Thursday means our rotation doesn't have to be tweaked at all.

Garrett Payne and crew throw on Wed.
pack2010
wilmwolf said:

pack2010 said:

Yup and he had one of the more bizarre stat lines on the season. 5.1 innings 0 hits but 7 walks and 3 runs

He also didn't throw vs UNC so not sure what's up with him
Glasswolf
pack2010 said:

wilmwolf said:

pack2010 said:

Yup and he had one of the more bizarre stat lines on the season. 5.1 innings 0 hits but 7 walks and 3 runs

If you are referring to Santucci, he's been injured.
pack2010
Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

wilmwolf said:

pack2010 said:

I was. Any idea if he's available this week or going forward? Hope he's okay, but wouldn't mind avoiding him either
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

Glasswolf said:

pack2010 said:

wilmwolf said:

pack2010 said:

I was. Any idea if he's available this week or going forward? Hope he's okay, but wouldn't mind avoiding him either
https://dukewire.usatoday.com/2024/05/13/duke-blue-devils-baseball-jonathan-santucci-rib-injury/

Maybe he's back? Do they hold him another week to ensure he's healthy for the regionals?
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
toddl
Staff
78wilsonpack said:

So, win one game and we move on, correct?

We win the first game and then just use the bullpen in the second game because we don't care if we win or lose. Just save the arms.
Not quite that simple.

We do not advance if some other team wins 2 both of their games:
Duke over VT
NCSU over VT
Duke over NCSU

We advance if we win both (we have a 2-0 record):
Duke over VT
NCSU over VT
NCSU over Duke

We advance if we beat the winner of game 1 (we all have a 1-1 record and we win the tiebreaker):
Duke over VT
VT over NCSU
NCSU over Duke

To sum up, it's like a few other people have said: beat the winner of game 1 and we advance. The result of our game with the loser of game 1 is completely valueless.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.