Story Poster
NC State Baseball

Q&A: UNCG Transfer Julien Peissel Discusses Why He Picked NC State

June 20, 2024
1,911

UNC Greensboro pitcher Julien Peissel discusses his NC State commitment and much more in this Q&A with Inside Pack Sports.
To continue reading, you must be a Inside Pack Sports Premium subscriber.
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial

Q&A: UNCG Transfer Julien Peissel Discusses Why He Picked NC State

1,889 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by JCooke93
braz213
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What does having a fastball that can ride atop of barrels mean?
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
braz213 said:

What does having a fastball that can ride atop of barrels mean?
Rising fast ball. Looks like middle of the zone. Rises up out of the strike zone. Really hard to lay off of if it's located properly.

The rising fastball is a pitch where the ball appears to move up as much as a foot with a sudden increase in speed.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

braz213
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think he gave up 10 hrs in 74 innings. Looking at his game logs seems like a lot maybe?
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Highfill gave up 19 in 87 innings. No idea how that compares to average, just comparing to a known entity. The balls and bats are juiced, pitchers numbers are high everywhere.

ETA - even Chase Burns gave up 14 HR
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Pack31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wilmwolf said:

Highfill gave up 19 in 87 innings. No idea how that compares to average, just comparing to a known entity. The balls and bats are juiced, pitchers numbers are high everywhere.

ETA - even Chase Burns gave up 14 HR


And Burns is a sure fire 1st rounder. These kids turn into better pro pitchers alot of times with the wooden bats. Imo Dom would be a better pro. Good stuff, gives up alot of dingers. Would lower likely
Rob McLamb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Pack31 said:

wilmwolf said:

Highfill gave up 19 in 87 innings. No idea how that compares to average, just comparing to a known entity. The balls and bats are juiced, pitchers numbers are high everywhere.

ETA - even Chase Burns gave up 14 HR


And Burns is a sure fire 1st rounder. These kids turn into better pro pitchers alot of times with the wooden bats. Imo Dom would be a better pro. Good stuff, gives up alot of dingers. Would lower likely


Fritton might also be better as a situational bullpen lefty when he's a pro. Time will tell.
Twitter: @RobMcLamb
stategrad06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think you will definitely see better numbers out of Fritton his first year in pro ball and I do think long term he's likely out of the pen. He's got the kind of stuff that has repeatedly shown it can get through a lineup once - but isn't as effective the 2nd time. And that's fine. LH RP are at a premium in pro ball.
Jtilley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rob McLamb said:

Pack31 said:

wilmwolf said:

Highfill gave up 19 in 87 innings. No idea how that compares to average, just comparing to a known entity. The balls and bats are juiced, pitchers numbers are high everywhere.

ETA - even Chase Burns gave up 14 HR


And Burns is a sure fire 1st rounder. These kids turn into better pro pitchers alot of times with the wooden bats. Imo Dom would be a better pro. Good stuff, gives up alot of dingers. Would lower likely


Fritton might also be better as a situational bullpen lefty when he's a pro. Time will tell.
Yea I think I agree with you here unless he can figure out to locate three pitches.

Off topic from you but interesting that he mentioned his Synergy numbers from the game. Means staff is going back and mining data from teams we have played.
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very good pick up
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.