College Baseball/Post Season (hosts TBA 5/26, bracket 5/27 noon)

16,377 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Wolfer79
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pbr1973 said:

What time will host sites be announced today?
8:30 tonight for the top 16.

12:00 tomorrow for the complete field
pbr1973
Thanks, Glass!
BigLefty24
East Carolina was decimated with injuries in the past month plus.

* Lost their #2 starter Zach Root to injury.

* Lost their closer Wyatt Lunsford-Shenmkan to injury. He was leading the nation in ERA.

* Lost one of their best bupen arms Jake Hunter for the season.

* And then lost their ace Yeasavage to a punctured lung going into the AAC Tournament. Yeasavage is a Golden Spikes semifinal isn't for national pitcher of the year, and a sure fire first round pick in this years upcoming draft.

A healthy ECU team is as good as any team in the nation. When healthy, they have one of the best pitching staffs in the entire country. They've been to the 5 Super Regional in the past 7 years.

It's OK to admit they're a good team. They went 2-1 against UNC, 2-0 against State, and then dropped a two run game to Duke in May when they had all the pitching injuries.

I don't see the committee placing them in a regional with State or UNC since they've already played five games against those two. Could definitely see them heading to Duke if they manage to host, and I could easily see ECU still land one of the last hosting spots.. I could easily see the committee seeing Duke and ECU as the two teams in play for the last hosting spot, and then sending Duke to Greenville because of the issues with Dukes facilities.

@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

tau06
BigLefty24 said:

* Lost their closer Wyatt Lunsford-Shenmkan to injury. He was leading the nation in ERA.

* And then lost their ace Yeasavage to a punctured lung going into the AAC Tournament. Yeasavage is a Golden Spikes semifinal isn't for national pitcher of the year, and a sure fire first round pick in this years upcoming draft.

A healthy ECU team is as good as any team in the nation. When healthy, they have one of the best pitching staffs in the entire country. They've been to the 5 Super Regional in the past 7 years.

It's OK to admit they're a good team. They went 2-1 against UNC, 2-0 against State, and then dropped a two run game to Duke in May when they had all the pitching injuries.

I don't see the committee placing them in a regional with State or UNC since they've already played five games against those two. Could definitely see them heading to Duke if they manage to host, and I could easily see ECU still land one of the last hosting spots.. I could easily see the committee seeing Duke and ECU as the two teams in play for the last hosting spot, and then sending Duke to Greenville because of the issues with Dukes facilities.

Welcome to baseball. Every team in the country has them
Daviewolf83
Staff
If State does host, anyone have an idea of when the first game will be played? My son and I are heading to Wyoming/Idaho on Saturday to do some fly fishing and I would like to photograph at least one game before I leave town.
Glasswolf
Daviewolf83 said:

If State does host, anyone have an idea of when the first game will be played? My son and I are heading to Wyoming/Idaho on Saturday to do some fly fishing and I would like to photograph at least one game before I leave town.
Either Thursday of Friday. IIRC regionals are Thursday/Friday/Sat or Fri/Sat/Sun.

Dates and times won't be announced until the complete field is announced tomorrow.
Alex Gee
Staff
Glasswolf said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Either Thursday of Friday. IIRC regionals are Thursday/Friday/Sat or Fri/Sat/Sun.

Dates and times won't be announced until the complete field is announced tomorrow.

I think every regional is Friday - Monday if necessary. Supers have a staggered start.

We would likely play Friday at 7p and then Saturday evening in the winners (hopefully)
Alex Gee
Staff
Gabby Sanchez just said we have the most wins against 1/2 seeds in the projected field. I haven't fact checked but that's probably right
Daviewolf83
Staff
Glasswolf said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Thanks Glass. So, I might be able to photograph Friday night's game. I leave early Saturday morning for Jackson Hole.
Wolfer79

Join the #pack9 Monday at 11am @sportssocialnccary at Fenton 2 watch selection show …. Show will begin at noon !
Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone , remembering all our brave men & women that have served and given their lives so we can celebrate the freedom we enjoy !

Glasswolf
Alex Gee said:

Gabby Sanchez just said we have the most wins against 1/2 seeds in the projected field. I haven't fact checked but that's probably right
That's pretty accurate
Alex Gee
Staff
Ongoing conversation that Ethan and I have been having. State did a tremendous job scheduling this year. By my count we played the 5th fewest Q4 games of any team projected in the field. And I think the 6th fewest in the country, shoutout to Rutgers.

State played only 20 Q3/Q4 games. For reference: ECU played 39. Indiana state 37. UCSB 36

UNC 29. FSU 28
WolfQuacker
tau06 said:

BigLefty24 said:

Welcome to baseball. Every team in the country has them

32 of their 43 wins were q3/q4. They have 5 q1 wins. They are good, but you are giving them some sort of a pass that most won't give their own team. They are a bubble host and we'll see how good they are playing quality series. You seem enamored with the pirates lefty.
Wolfer79
Whose hosting spot did Duke probably take today?
StateFan2001
Not all injuries are the same.
StateFan2001
Alex Gee said:

Ongoing conversation that Ethan and I have been having. State did a tremendous job scheduling this year. By my count we played the 5th fewest Q4 games of any team projected in the field. And I think the 6th fewest in the country, shoutout to Rutgers.

State played only 20 Q3/Q4 games. For reference: ECU played 39. Indiana state 37. UCSB 36

UNC 29. FSU 28

That's not genius scheduling. That's just playing in the ACc and then midweeks in the state of NC are high quality.
Alex Gee
Staff
StateFan2001 said:

Alex Gee said:

UNC 29. FSU 28

That's not genius scheduling. That's just playing in the ACc and then midweeks in the state of NC are high quality.

Hawaii, Ball State, and VCU as weekend series. There's really only 6 games that hurt RPI as wins.

State played the fewest Q4 games of any NC school, 3 of which play in the same conference and have top 20 SOS. Why don't you want to give State credit for that?
WEAVS
Not sure if this even goes here, but watching the SEC tournament final and forgot all about Cannon Peebles going to TENN; nonetheless, his bat disappeared and he's splitting time with a catcher who's on another level.
Pbacker
Are the host announced on tv. Don't see anything on any of the ESPN networks listing it?
Alex Gee
Staff
Season ticket holder's I know have said tickets are in their accounts for the regional. If anybody was still nervous for whatever reason lol.
Alex Gee
Staff
Twitter at 8:30! @ncaabaseball
Wolfer79
Alex Gee said:

Season ticket holder's I know have said tickets are in their accounts for the regional. If anybody was still nervous for whatever reason lol.

Thank you
Wolfer79
Ncaa baseball twitter
Alphabetical order
Wolfer79
East Carolina host
Alex Gee
Staff
Wow. ECU over Duke.

Conference tournaments do not matter
Wolfer79
CLTWolf
Alex Gee said:

Wow. ECU over Duke.

That is...wild.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Wolfpack91
Alex Gee said:

Wow. ECU over Duke.

NC State learned that the hard way a couple seasons ago.
Alex Gee
Staff
Wowwww Arizona
Alex Gee
Staff
ECU's AD being on the committee really mattered.
Borowolf10
So stupid. There is no program in all of college sports that gets more undeserved love than ECU baseball. Please put Wake, Duke, LSU, or Mississippi State as their two seed and send those drunk red necks home crying.
ClePack
Alex Gee said:

Wow. ECU over Duke.

It has to be facility related. I don't think Duke can host at their stadium
Nate97
Alex Gee said:

Wow. ECU over Duke.

Stadium situation factor in?
Alex Gee
Staff
Arizona
FSU
OK State
UCSB
NC State
Oklahoma
Kentucky
Tennessee
ECU
Arkansas
Oregon State
Clemson
UVA
UNC
Texas A&M
Georgia
Glasswolf
Borowolf10 said:

So stupid. There is no program in all of college sports that gets more undeserved love than ECU baseball. Please put Wake, Duke, LSU, or Mississippi State as their two seed and send those drunk red necks home crying.
Miss St is a head scratcher but when healthy ECU is legit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.