Avent

7,605 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yup
MoCoWolf
PossumJenkins said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

1. Avent will leave on his own terms

2. His retirement announcement will be very sudden, he doesn't want a farewell tour; as of last winter, his retirement announcement will be sooner rather than later.

3. He wants Coach Hart to be his successor, AD Boo is not yet sold on the idea.

Not sure the validity but have heard many of the influential baseball alums including Trea Turner are poised to donate a good chunk (facilities /maybe NIL) but they want the promise that Hart is named successor.

Not true. Trea has already given to the renovation.

Talking about additional funds for next phase and NIL ain't going away .
I would say we need to stop going back to th same well time after time.

Pretty sure that's how business works. It's a lot cheaper to keep a customer than to convince a new one. Don't know if you've noticed names like Murphy in more than a few places.
If Trea wants to keep giving thats awesome. What I had heard was that he may have other things he wants to do with his money than giving to State (I know, crazy) and that he had given what he was prepared to give at this time.

Maybe that has changed, but you have to respect his wishes to do as he pleases with the money he earns. I would love it if he gave back so much his name was on everything, but I dont think thats in the cards as of now.
MoCoWolf
PossumJenkins said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

2. His retirement announcement will be very sudden, he doesn't want a farewell tour; as of last winter, his retirement announcement will be sooner rather than later.

Not sure the validity but have heard many of the influential baseball alums including Trea Turner are poised to donate a good chunk (facilities /maybe NIL) but they want the promise that Hart is named successor.

Pretty sure that's how business works. It's a lot cheaper to keep a customer than to convince a new one. Don't know if you've noticed names like Murphy in more than a few places.
Mr. Possum, tell me all the different and various places the Murphy name is. Thanks!
PossumJenkins
MoCoWolf said:

PossumJenkins said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Mr. Possum, tell me all the different and various places the Murphy name is. Thanks!

You couldn't fit this vicious barb in the first response? And no one said he doesn't get to do what he wants with his money nor was that your initial statement (it's almost like you don't realize there's a record of your statements here). It was "not going to the same well". I can promise you the Murphy's of the world say no to State plenty of times. Knowing one of the guys with his name on things, i can promise it. Doest't mean they stop asking them or that those guys don't get to say yes or no.
MoCoWolf
PossumJenkins said:

MoCoWolf said:

PossumJenkins said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

You couldn't fit this vicious barb in the first response? And no one said he doesn't get to do what he wants with his money nor was that your initial statement (it's almost like you don't realize there's a record of your statements here). It was "not going to the same well". I can promise you the Murphy's of the world say no to State plenty of times. Knowing one of the guys with his name on things, i can promise it. Doest't mean they stop asking them or that those guys don't get to say yes or no.
You're right...it's totally smart business to just keep pounding away at the same donor, when he has specifically said "thats all for now". That won't turn him off for future donations, for sure. We should put you in charge of the WPC.
PossumJenkins
MoCoWolf said:

PossumJenkins said:

MoCoWolf said:

PossumJenkins said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

You're right...it's totally smart business to just keep pounding away at the same donor, when he has specifically said "thats all for now". That won't turn him off for future donations, for sure. We should put you in charge of the WPC.

Yeah…that's what i was thinking. They probably send him spam emails daily. Maybe call him and tell him they are a prince from an African country who just inherited a fortune and if he just sends a little bit of money they'll share it.
MoCoWolf
PossumJenkins said:

MoCoWolf said:

PossumJenkins said:

MoCoWolf said:

PossumJenkins said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Yeah…that's what i was thinking. They probably send him spam emails daily. Maybe call him and tell him they are a prince from an African country who just inherited a fortune and if he just sends a little bit of money they'll share it.
Glad you can admit when you are wrong. Thats more than most on this board, Kudos!
I40Wolf
I40Wolf said:

We need more funding for Phase II?
I'll ask again.
wilmwolf
I40Wolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I'll ask again.

It was discussed on another thread a few months ago that the delay was not money related.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
M_A
Bas2020 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Turner is on a $300 Million dollar contract.... that's a big well.
Yeah theres a lot of water in that one. Dude could give $1mil a year to NIL just from interest in perpetuity
MoCoWolf
wilmwolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I'll ask again.

It was discussed on another thread a few months ago that the delay was not money related.
and #9 is pissed about it for sure
I40Wolf
MoCoWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I'll ask again.

I have no idea who #9 is.
I40Wolf
wilmwolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I'll ask again.

That's what I thought.
Bismarck
I40Wolf said:

MoCoWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I'll ask again.

Bradley Chubb and he's angry.
MoCoWolf
I40Wolf said:

MoCoWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I'll ask again.

I'll give you a hint, and its in the name of the title of the thread...lol...
JCooke93
Lol
I40Wolf
MoCoWolf said:

I40Wolf said:

MoCoWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I'll ask again.

Thanks
MoCoWolf
I40Wolf said:

MoCoWolf said:

I40Wolf said:

MoCoWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I40Wolf said:

I'll ask again.

Thanks
I'm here to help!
MoCoWolf
Tough one tonight but midweeks are always a crap shoot.
JCooke93
Sounds like 3 year contract extension
MoCoWolf
JCooke93 said:

Sounds like 3 year contract extension

Justin are you referring to Elliott or is this the one just announced for Doeren?
Rob McLamb
Staff
Avent has three more seasons on his current contract.
Twitter: @RobMcLamb
JCooke93
I listened to it wrong sorry

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.