Avent

8,207 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by JCooke93
matracey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TopsailWolf said:

#3 is absurd. Boo is held accountable to leading winning programs and hiring the right coaches, not the easy ones.

Not surprising from a coach who hasn't won anything though.

Wouldn't hiring an assistant coach with no head coaching experience under a head coach who you say "hasn't won anything" (which is false btw) be a risky hire? Doesn't seem like an easy hire to me. If he's the right coach he's the right coach. That's up to Boo to determine.
Alex Gee
Staff
I appreciate this thread very much.
MoCoWolf
My work here is done. Lock this one up.
Alex Gee
Staff
MoCoWolf said:

Still stupid haha
tau06
MoCoWolf said:

tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
Have lost 5 straight, going to be 8 straight after this weekend. Maybe its a little too soon, but not by a lot.

Unless it's not. Would think our fans would stop being dumb enough to give us certified losses (didn't work for the negative navies in FB or Basketball, so they have come for baseball).
You guys have, like, eyes and stuff, right?

Pack wins game one 11-8. Van Dame looked awesome while I was tuned in. Smith with great stuff to close it out. Pack fake fans weep
WilmingtonPackman777
MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Lol the season doesn't officially start until someone starts a "fire the coach" thread way too early.

Worked for football and basketball so let's hope we get the same turnaround for baseball!
Have lost 5 straight, going to be 8 straight after this weekend. Maybe its a little too soon, but not by a lot.

Gotta love it
Tom OBriens Smile
MoCoWolf said:

"Hey, maybe we oughta get one of those fire the coach thread things going"
Bas2020
FourOaksWolf said:

1. Avent will leave on his own terms

2. His retirement announcement will be very sudden, he doesn't want a farewell tour; as of last winter, his retirement announcement will be sooner rather than later.

3. He wants Coach Hart to be his successor, AD Boo is not yet sold on the idea.

Not sure the validity but have heard many of the influential baseball alums including Trea Turner are poised to donate a good chunk (facilities /maybe NIL) but they want the promise that Hart is named successor.
MoCoWolf
Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

2. His retirement announcement will be very sudden, he doesn't want a farewell tour; as of last winter, his retirement announcement will be sooner rather than later.

Not sure the validity but have heard many of the influential baseball alums including Trea Turner are poised to donate a good chunk (facilities /maybe NIL) but they want the promise that Hart is named successor.

Not true. Trea has already given to the renovation.
basementwolf
Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Is this like the rumor that there were donors waiting to donate huge amounts to Baseball as soon as Deb left?
MoCoWolf
basementwolf said:

Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Is this like the rumor that there were donors waiting to donate huge amounts to Baseball as soon as Deb left?
I'll donate once Deb leaves,....I mean, once we make a CWS....I mean, one we win something at this school....I mean..
Bismarck
MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

He's been here for 20 something years with little to no financial support. He's not ever getting fired not even a point in having the discussion

I leaned a long time ago to never say never

Yet you started a thread halfway through the season about moving on from Avent and saying this team won't go to Omaha.

Most times these things, like Doeren in football and Keatts in basketball, work themselves out and the answer is clear at the end of the season
You're right, I apologize. I think I was frustrated last night.

I will hereby and heretofore abide by the sacred and solemn oath of not having an opinion until the season's end that all IPS subscribers take upon subscribing. Furthermore, if I mistakenly possess such opinion, I will not express it in any way on these sacred and hallowed Internet forums.

I know there are permitted windows of times where these opinions can be had and expressed, but I lost my IPS handbook after orientation. Can you please remind me when the baseball opinion express window opens?

Thanks in advance kind sir!

No no no I apologize to you.

I think you're right we should fire a coach every time a team loses more than one game in a row.

Thank you!
Let's talk when that number is 8 after this weekend...

Assuming by #8 you meant the number of runs the losing Clemson team would score in game #1. Carry on.
MoCoWolf
Bismarck said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

He's been here for 20 something years with little to no financial support. He's not ever getting fired not even a point in having the discussion

Yet you started a thread halfway through the season about moving on from Avent and saying this team won't go to Omaha.

Most times these things, like Doeren in football and Keatts in basketball, work themselves out and the answer is clear at the end of the season

I will hereby and heretofore abide by the sacred and solemn oath of not having an opinion until the season's end that all IPS subscribers take upon subscribing. Furthermore, if I mistakenly possess such opinion, I will not express it in any way on these sacred and hallowed Internet forums.

I know there are permitted windows of times where these opinions can be had and expressed, but I lost my IPS handbook after orientation. Can you please remind me when the baseball opinion express window opens?

I think you're right we should fire a coach every time a team loses more than one game in a row.

Thank you!

Assuming by #8 you meant the number of runs the losing Clemson team would score in game #1. Carry on.
Bismarck here is clearly missing the intent of the thread. Carry on...
Glasswolf
MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Omaha team started 1-9 and 0-3 in series in ACC play
This team is not going to Omaha. At this rate, it may not make the NCAA tournament

Neither was the 2021 team after that start

Hey man, I'd love to eat crow and be wrong. But this team isn't getting it done and I don't see it turning around. It may be time for a new voice in the room.

Man we just had two of the most miraculous turnarounds in football and basketball in the same season that no saw coming. If that doesn't get State fans to just let every season play out I don't know what will.

NC State has been to Omaha 3 times in history. Avent has 2 of those appearances 8 seasons apart with the most recent one only 3 seasons ago. He ain't going anywhere until he decides to retire.

As my good friends Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch once said, it might be about that time.

Yep I would be surprised it if it was any longer than another 2-3 years before he retires but he's going out on his time that's for sure

With your connections, I'm sure you are aware that he and Boo are close friends. I'm not so sure he will go on his own.
Avent will be allowed to go out on his terms.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf
As always, it's just better to let a season play itself out.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

bgr3
LOL
WilmingtonPackman777
MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

Omaha team started 1-9 and 0-3 in series in ACC play
This team is not going to Omaha. At this rate, it may not make the NCAA tournament

Neither was the 2021 team after that start

Hey man, I'd love to eat crow and be wrong. But this team isn't getting it done and I don't see it turning around. It may be time for a new voice in the room.

So many to choose from
Bismarck
MoCoWolf said:

Bismarck said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

Thank you!

So um, yeah. Carry on.
bgr3
MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

That's a lot of words to just admit you got emotional and overreacted.

If you haven't learned around these parts by now that letting the season play out through the highs and lows is the way to go I'm not exactly sure what it's going to take?
MoCoWolf
Bismarck said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bismarck said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

Thank you!

So um, yeah. Carry on.

Yall really don't get it. Credit to those who do
MoCoWolf
bgr3 said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

If you haven't learned around these parts by now that letting the season play out through the highs and lows is the way to go I'm not exactly sure what it's going to take?

I POSTED IT TO REVERSE JINX THE TEAM. Why is this so hard? Lord…
tau06
MoCoWolf said:

bgr3 said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

Because you didn't and are now trying to cover your ass to not look like an idiot?
MoCoWolf
tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

bgr3 said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

Because you didn't and are now trying to cover your ass to not look like an idiot?

Goodness, thought the crowd here was smarter than that. That's where I am the idiot. I'll set the bar a bit lower for the masses here. Bless y'all's hearts…
tau06
MoCoWolf said:

tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

bgr3 said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

Goodness, thought the crowd here was smarter than that. That's where I am the idiot. I'll set the bar a bit lower for the masses here. Bless y'all's hearts…

Man, I'm sorry you can't see it but the real ones here call out the bs and the dumb ones and their post (you). Sorry you got on the wrong side too soon. Hell of a series win by the Pqck. Going for the sweep tomorrow!
MoCoWolf
tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

bgr3 said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

Man, I'm sorry you can't see it but the real ones here call out the bs and the dumb ones and their post (you). Sorry you got on the wrong side too soon. Hell of a series win by the Pqck. Going for the sweep tomorrow!

Ok, junior.
tau06
MoCoWolf said:

tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

bgr3 said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

Ok, junior.

Too cute lil fella. Run along and let the grown ups talk ball.
MoCoWolf
tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

bgr3 said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

Ok, junior.

I learned long ago not to argue with idiots, especially on the internet. You can have this one, it's beneath me
tau06
MoCoWolf said:

tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

tau06 said:

MoCoWolf said:

bgr3 said:

MoCoWolf said:

matracey said:

MoCoWolf said:

WHS115 said:

Ok, junior.

I learned long ago not to argue with idiots, especially on the internet. You can have this one, it's beneath me

I'll take the win. Good job telling on yourself! Go pack!
Bas2020
MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Talking about additional funds for next phase and NIL ain't going away .
MoCoWolf
Bas2020 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

I would say we need to stop going back to th same well time after time.
StateFan2001
I disagree with this logic. If you aren't meeting the goals that the AD has for the program you shouldn't get a free pass because you have coaches at State for a long time. That isn't how big time athletic depts work. This is a business.
Bas2020
MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Turner is on a $300 Million dollar contract.... that's a big well.
I40Wolf
We need more funding for Phase II?
PossumJenkins
MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

MoCoWolf said:

Bas2020 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Pretty sure that's how business works. It's a lot cheaper to keep a customer than to convince a new one. Don't know if you've noticed names like Murphy in more than a few places.
JCooke93
I have heard something like that too
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.