#Pack9 vs Queens University 2/28(17-2 win)

3,931 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UP NEXT

NC State makes the long journey back to Raleigh and opens a 10-game homestand against Queens University of Charlotte on Wednesday afternoon. Wednesday's midweek matchup against Queens is set for 3 p.m. and will stream live on ACC Network Extra.
DJncsu13
I think this lineup will be interesting after not getting back home until early Monday from a Hawaii hangover. Wouldn't mind seeing Sosa catch to give Cozart a day off, especially with 4 coming up this weekend.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Glasswolf
DJncsu13 said:

I think this lineup will be interesting after not getting back home until early Monday from a Hawaii hangover. Wouldn't mind seeing Sosa catch to give Cozart a day off, especially with 4 coming up this weekend.
I'd love to see Mako get an inning or so. Lot of pitchers we haven't seen yet. Wouldn't surprise to see Weds game as a bullpen day. I agree about Sosa. Give Cozart a break.
pantherpack
Glasswolf said:

DJncsu13 said:

I'd love to see Mako get an inning or so. Lot of pitchers we haven't seen yet. Wouldn't surprise to see Weds game as a bullpen day. I agree about Sosa. Give Cozart a break.
Agreed. Would be good to see Mako, Shaffner, Halford, Kelly, and Miralia. Lot of arms we haven't seen yet.
Wolfer79

Wednesday's game against Queens will move up one hour and will now start at 2 p.m.
JCooke93
Not sure about Sosa and Kelly Tomorrow but we will see
Wolfer79
Updated Start Time of 2 p.m.
RALEIGH, N.C. The No. 14 NC State baseball team opens a 10-game homestand Wednesday afternoon against Queens University of Charlotte. Wednesday's contest will mark the Wolfpack's first midweek game of the season. First pitch at Doak Field at Dail Park is now set for 2 p.m.

Wednesday's game will stream live on ACC Network Extra. A free audio stream will be available for Wednesday's contest on the Varsity Network App and will be available on the radio on WKNC 88.1.

The Wolfpack's matchup against Queens will be the first between the two teams. The Royals are NC State's only first-time opponent on the 2024 regular season schedule.

PROJECTED STARTING PITCHING MATCHUP
Wednesday LHP Cooper Consiglio (NCSU) vs. RHP Andrew White (Queens)

THE MATCHUP: SERIES AGAINST QUEENS
NC State and Queens University of Charlotte will meet for the first time on Wednesday afternoon. Queens is NC State's only first-time opponent on the Wolfpack 2024 regular season schedule.

SCOUTING QUEENS
Queens (2-5) earned its first series victory of the season this past weekend by taking two games out of three against Niagara. Outfielder Lewis Dillon leads the Royals with a .333 batting average, nine hits and six RBI. In games one and two of this past weekend's series, Queens limited Niagara to just four combined runs to clinch the series. Head coach Jake Hendrick enters his first season in charge of the Queens program after spending seven seasons at Division II program Northeastern State.

https://gopack.com/news/2024/2/27/baseball-14-wolfpack-10-game-homestand-wednesday-against-queens
Wolfer79
Queens at North Carolina State ACC Network Extra, 2 p.m.
wilmwolf
How is the weather going to be for this one? Really windy down here on the coast today.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wolfer79
Glasswolf
wilmwolf said:

How is the weather going to be for this one? Really windy down here on the coast today.
Some gusty winds and some rain around 5-6 pm. Most of the wind is supposed to be down at the coast
pack2010
Lanphere getting the start behind the plate. Wonder if Sosa got dinged up in week 1?
Alex Gee
Staff
Queens should be light on pitching as they played Winthrop last night.

2nd year as a D1 ball club. Some of y'all may remember a really great midweek they played last year against ECU. Took them to extra innings and had a tough as nails pitching performance from Daniel Bagwell. 8.2 innings. 129 pitches, 7 K's, 0 Walks. 2 ER's
Glasswolf
pack2010 said:

Lanphere getting the start behind the plate. Wonder if Sosa got dinged up in week 1?
Sick
SportManagementEngineer
So many free passes from our staff. Gotta give your defense a chance.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
SportManagementEngineer
AMak has been an awesome addition.
Alex Gee
Staff
This is tough
SportManagementEngineer
We might need to go to running clock here.
Glasswolf
SportManagementEngineer said:

We might need to go to running clock here.
Let's see if they can run rule them after 7
ClePack
This team sure can hit
pack2010
really nice recovery from Consiglio after 2 free passes in the 1st
pack2010
Lanphere is so so solid. I know he played some IF this past summer, wonder if he would be open to that if Sosa is the guy of the future behind the plate
pack2010
and Chance Mako making his collegiate debut
Glasswolf
pack2010 said:

He's over throwing.
Jtilley
Alex Gee said:

Queens should be light on pitching as they played Winthrop last night.

2nd year as a D1 ball club. Some of y'all may remember a really great midweek they played last year against ECU. Took them to extra innings and had a tough as nails pitching performance from Daniel Bagwell. 8.2 innings. 129 pitches, 7 K's, 0 Walks. 2 ER's
129 pitches is wild.
Jtilley
pack2010 said:

That is a plus slider for a true freshman.
Jtilley
pack2010 said:

Lanphere is so so solid. I know he played some IF this past summer, wonder if he would be open to that if Sosa is the guy of the future behind the plate
Another one. Going to be hard to keep his bat out of the lineup.
pack2010
Jtilley said:

pack2010 said:

crushed that one
pack2010
Win Scott making his season debut
pack2010
Shaffner going to RF
pack2010
Really sharp stuff from Scott from the left side. Was up to 92 according to the broadcast with some nice secondary stuff.
Borowolf10
A Mak is a pure slugger. I love it.

Lamphere also really showing some ability.
Borowolf10
Butterworth has also been money in the field and with the bat.
Jtilley
pack2010 said:

Jtilley said:

pack2010 said:

crushed that one
Lanphere is going to have to hit IMO because his framing is not great.
pack2010
Halford making his season debut
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.