Fall camp thread/preseason lineup predictions

15,416 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

castlewood107 said:

With Groover seemingly locked in at 3B and Serrano listed as OF, do we have anyone who is going to play 1B besides Marcy?

One of Soles, Dom and the two Davidson kids is going to have to sit every game in this concept.

Could Trice play 1B part time?
Eli will play first. I'd bet a lot of money on it.

(watch me be wrong hahaha)(don't think I am though)

play as in start at 1st this year? that would put someone not expected on the bench
He's gonna play first. Bringing in Trice and the 2 Davidson kids always made someone potentially not playing.

Eli Serrano gives off serious Nick Kurtz vibes and I think he could have a better FR year than Kurtz did, and he was really really good for Wake.

If Harrison just doesn't hit at all (and I mean like worse than FR/SO JT Jarrett numbers, b/c his defense is legit) then we could maybe see Trice at 2nd but I know the staff wants to do everything possible to improve the defense from last year. Trice and Serrano are studs, they're gonna play.

im with you. trice at 2nd and Eli at 1st is easily the best offensive lineup IMO. defense is worrisome, but i would love if that was the lineup
Harrison hit ok at the cape (.278) so I'm not too concerned just yet as it looks like he's on the same path as JT was growing up. JT didn't hit for sht his first two years and then got better in years 3-5. Harrison is so slick with the leather that he's gonna play as long as he's hitting just a little.

I could see a lefty/righty platoon situation with the OFs(or DH) since there's 3 righty's and 2 lefty's unless obviously 3 just take off and won't let anyone jump in b/c they're just killing it.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

castlewood107 said:

With Groover seemingly locked in at 3B and Serrano listed as OF, do we have anyone who is going to play 1B besides Marcy?

One of Soles, Dom and the two Davidson kids is going to have to sit every game in this concept.

play as in start at 1st this year? that would put someone not expected on the bench
He's gonna play first. Bringing in Trice and the 2 Davidson kids always made someone potentially not playing.

Eli Serrano gives off serious Nick Kurtz vibes and I think he could have a better FR year than Kurtz did, and he was really really good for Wake.

If Harrison just doesn't hit at all (and I mean like worse than FR/SO JT Jarrett numbers, b/c his defense is legit) then we could maybe see Trice at 2nd but I know the staff wants to do everything possible to improve the defense from last year. Trice and Serrano are studs, they're gonna play.

im with you. trice at 2nd and Eli at 1st is easily the best offensive lineup IMO. defense is worrisome, but i would love if that was the lineup
Harrison hit ok at the cape (.278) so I'm not too concerned just yet as it looks like he's on the same path as JT was growing up. JT didn't hit for sht his first two years and then got better in years 3-5. Harrison is so slick with the leather that he's gonna play as long as he's hitting just a little.

I could see a lefty/righty platoon situation with the OFs(or DH) since there's 3 righty's and 2 lefty's unless obviously 3 just take off and won't let anyone jump in b/c they're just killing it.

im anti platoon, but im in the minority i think. i think guys need reps, but it might be our best case here.

regardless, this team is going to hit. still worried about a couple younger guys stepping up on the mound
Borowolf10
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

castlewood107 said:

My preferred lineup would be

1. Green SS
2. Groover 3rd
3. Trice 2B
4. Candelaria LF
5. Nolan CF
6. Pilloli DH
7. Soles RF
8. Serrano 1st
9. Cozart C

Harrison and Gupton as defensive subs as needed.
pack2010
Borowolf10 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

castlewood107 said:

My preferred lineup would be

1. Green SS
2. Groover 3rd
3. Trice 2B
4. Candelaria LF
5. Nolan CF
6. Pilloli DH
7. Soles RF
8. Serrano 1st
9. Cozart C

Harrison and Gupton as defensive subs as needed.

Switch Soles and Candelaria in the field and that is mine favorite offensive lineup too.

Maybe Pilloli in the 5 hole in Nolan in the 6 spot, but there isn't an easy out in that lineup
CLTWolf

Will Marcy playing some first in this tweet.

Apparently the team scrimmages at the Team USA complex today.
CLTWolf

Serrano playing some first in this tweet too.
metcalfmafia
CLTWolf said:

Serrano playing some first in this tweet too.

Was gonna post this too!
pack2010
anyone know where soles is playing? and/or if Trice is playing 2nd?
pack2010
Highfill was back on the mound yesterday
JCooke93
Or Marcy
pack2010
is it about time to start a new season thread? or just let it ride weekend to weekend
JCooke93
New season thread

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.