Fall camp thread/preseason lineup predictions

15,426 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
GoPack74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CLTWolf said:

GoPack74 said:

CLTWolf said:

We have to remember that Dom wasn't healthy last year and that impacted his play in the field. He's even further removed from the knee injury and the other medical stuff he had going on that set him back last year.

He's still going to strike out but like Luca Tresh and Terrell Tatum his bat is one that probably has to stay in the lineup most of the time.
I'm 100% agreeing with you. But like Tresh, I think he fits best in that 6/7 or so spot. Especially with how good some of our returners/new additions are at getting on base.
Dom and Tatum's last year at State were very very similar. Only real difference was that Tatum had about 12 more hits than Dom did last year. They both struck out around 60ish times and walked around 30ish times in about 180 AB's. Terrell's OB% was just under 4% more than Dom's but that's not a huge number, IMO.

I think he can put it together and that power (as mentioned by boro) is huge. If not, good news is we'll have options at both DH and in the OF.
It's a great comparison. All the way to the lefty bat. I see no reason for him not to take a big leap. Finally having a true college offseason to lift and fine tune some swing thoughts should be a huge help. For others as well.
JCooke93
Go Pack9
JCooke93
Schedule should be out soon
pack2010

Wagner, Belmont, NJIT in the first 3 OOC series. Woof
JCooke93
Update Currently only have 3 Catcher's on the Roster Cozart14 Pebbles5 and Emergency Catcher Lanphere38
pack2010
Smiley is still on the roster
JCooke93
He is in the transfer portal unfortunately
JCooke93
Pack9 making roster moves already just added a new player to the roster
JCooke93
G.Smiley36 and B.Waldron41 are in the portal
rbaker
What position JC
JCooke93
Catcher is G.Smiley36 and Outfielder is B.Waldron41
rbaker
Who's the new player added?
JCooke93
Zac flontek he is a Pitcher
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Zac flontek he is a Pitcher

pretty sure this kid played club baseball as a freshman and traditional student.

wonder how he made the team, that is quite the leap
pack2010
flontek was also listed at 5'9 110 pounds on perfect game and PBR.

so maybe he hit a growth spurt and some development happened.

cool story, if that is what happened
JCooke93
He did
CLTWolf
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
JCooke93
M.McKinney18 is also now in the portal
GoPack74
CLTWolf said:

Man, if he is 2021 good that is the exact recipe for a dominant college baseball team. 1-9 threatens you in the lineup and 2 studs on the bump Friday, Saturday + a really strong Sunday guy.

Hopefully Lawson can take a leap and be the back end guy we've been blessed to have the past few years.
JCooke93
Lawson and Watkins in the backend of the bullpen hopefully
pack2010
pack2010 said:

flontek was also listed at 5'9 110 pounds on perfect game and PBR.

so maybe he hit a growth spurt and some development happened.

cool story, if that is what happened

sooo this kid is listed as 6-4 (no weight) on the gopack roster now. sounds like a growth spurt definitely happened, and im assuming he had to be very impressive to make the team
JCooke93
I am excited
Wolfer79
griff17matt
Don't know if it was covered elsewhere, but Elliott's mama passed away a couple weeks ago. I hope he has an awesome season to dedicate to her.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/newsobserver/name/vernon-avent-obituary?id=38585920&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=obitsharebeta
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia
pack2010
metcalfmafia said:

Dude is going to be so good this year. And him playing 3rd opens up for a really nice bat playing 1st
metcalfmafia
pack2010 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Dude is going to be so good this year. And him playing 3rd opens up for a really nice bat playing 1st
I found it interesting that we have Eli Serrano solely listed as an outfielder on the online roster.
Borowolf10
metcalfmafia said:

I stand by the idea that LG3 was better than Tommy White overall last year. Tommy just had more homers.
Wolfer79
castlewood107
With Groover seemingly locked in at 3B and Serrano listed as OF, do we have anyone who is going to play 1B besides Marcy?

One of Soles, Dom and the two Davidson kids is going to have to sit every game in this concept.

Could Trice play 1B part time?
CLTWolf
castlewood107 said:

With Groover seemingly locked in at 3B and Serrano listed as OF, do we have anyone who is going to play 1B besides Marcy?

One of Soles, Dom and the two Davidson kids is going to have to sit every game in this concept.

Eli will play first. I'd bet a lot of money on it.

(watch me be wrong hahaha)(don't think I am though)
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

castlewood107 said:

play as in start at 1st this year? that would put someone not expected on the bench
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

castlewood107 said:

play as in start at 1st this year? that would put someone not expected on the bench
He's gonna play first. Bringing in Trice and the 2 Davidson kids always made someone potentially not playing.

Eli Serrano gives off serious Nick Kurtz vibes and I think he could have a better FR year than Kurtz did, and he was really really good for Wake.

If Harrison just doesn't hit at all (and I mean like worse than FR/SO JT Jarrett numbers, b/c his defense is legit) then we could maybe see Trice at 2nd but I know the staff wants to do everything possible to improve the defense from last year. Trice and Serrano are studs, they're gonna play.
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

castlewood107 said:

He's gonna play first. Bringing in Trice and the 2 Davidson kids always made someone potentially not playing.

Eli Serrano gives off serious Nick Kurtz vibes and I think he could have a better FR year than Kurtz did, and he was really really good for Wake.

If Harrison just doesn't hit at all (and I mean like worse than FR/SO JT Jarrett numbers, b/c his defense is legit) then we could maybe see Trice at 2nd but I know the staff wants to do everything possible to improve the defense from last year. Trice and Serrano are studs, they're gonna play.

im with you. trice at 2nd and Eli at 1st is easily the best offensive lineup IMO. defense is worrisome, but i would love if that was the lineup

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.