Dedicated Tommy White Thread (Transfers to LSU)

48,472 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
NashvillePackFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wilmwolf80 said:

Has there been an actual statement from Tommy yet that I've missed? That's the part that is really rubbing me wrong. I'll never begrudge a guy doing what they think is best for themselves, but some sort of thank you and acknowledgement of the fans that supported him tremendously should've happened pretty quickly after the news broke IMO.

Kid made good money from the fan base buying his shirts, a simple thank you message would be nice.
Wolfpack
NashvillePackFan said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Has there been an actual statement from Tommy yet that I've missed? That's the part that is really rubbing me wrong. I'll never begrudge a guy doing what they think is best for themselves, but some sort of thank you and acknowledgement of the fans that supported him tremendously should've happened pretty quickly after the news broke IMO.

Kid made good money from the fan base buying his shirts, a simple thank you message would be nice.

Ya he broke a HR record. As much as he probably wants to think he did that in spite of the coaches and support, he didn't
packemup
Thanks for the movie tip. Just watched it with the wife and we both thought it was the best movie we'd seen in years.
TeenWolfToo
James had a few short texts back and forth with him. He mentions them on his IPS Take.
V
FLWolf
Not that I expect him back but the door is open. When he officially leaves, I think you will see something

Addison did the same thing with Pitt
FlockaWolf
https://www.instagram.com/p/CeY_musr0LE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
wilmwolf
Glad he finally said something, but it would've been more meaningful a few days ago. If he doesn't end up at FSU, or another division rival, I'll wish him success.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wolfvet
Meh. Very weak.
Bell Tower Grey
wilmwolf80 said:

Glad he finally said something, but it would've been more meaningful a few days ago. If he doesn't end up at FSU, or another division rival, I'll wish him success.
The guy chose to come to State. First. He's in the record books. Regardless of the circumstances of his leaving, he's still part of the Wolfpack. I appreciate that.

Like yourself, Best of luck except in the conference.
M_A
He came here because we were his best option, then left as soon as he felt that was no longer true.

I have no issue with people who choose the first but if you keep that energy once youve established yourself somewhere I will treat you exactly as you are, which is a mercenary

People got mad at me for never caring much about Bailey Hockman because he approached the QB position at our university that way. Just know that if Devin Leary did the same he would not be playing for us this season
"It's ACC Championship or bust, quite honestly"
Ellesdad
Wolfpacklife
"All of you jock sniffers that give a **** what a 19 year old redneck thinks deserve whatever you get. I hope this guy chokes on a bag dicks on his way out of town. https://t.co/MxROy7KvVD"

statefansnation (@statefansnation) June 5, 2022

Whoever runs SFN is an Absolute joke. I hate that they have the following that they do. They can't be an adult
Wolfpacklife

The tweet in my post above has been deleted now
Wolfpack
Wolfpacklife said:

These guys got like 100 followers and thought they were hot ***** Useless account who leverages their "content" to amplify their stupid rants. There's a real age old lesson for ya
Wolfpacklife
Wolfpack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

These guys got like 100 followers and thought they were hot ***** Useless account who leverages their "content" to amplify their stupid rants. There's a real age old lesson for ya

Unfortunately they still have 15k followers. But atleast from their bio people should be able to see that they aren't a legitimate state site
Wolfpack
Wolfpacklife said:

Wolfpack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Unfortunately they still have 15k followers. But atleast from their bio people should be able to see that they aren't a legitimate state site

Feel like I said it before but people put whatever the hell they want on Twitter ever since their guy won an election doing it. It's a copy cat league!
griff17matt
Wolfpack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Wolfpack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Feel like I said it before but people put whatever the hell they want on Twitter ever since their guy won an election doing it. It's a copy cat league!

Lmao if you think that wasn't around before him, you haven't been on Twitter long enough. And if you think it's only one side doing it then you're being willfully ignorant.
wilmwolf
Here's my deal with SFN (and others like them). It has been said that website is run by a UNC fan. Maybe that's the case, they do a very good job at initiating a certain section of our fanbase if true. The way to de platform them is not to argue with them, that's exactly what they want. It's to unfollow them and ignore them. They have 15k followers, and I'm shocked to see the number of high profile NC State people that follow them. Debbie Yow, Scott Wood, POW collective, the official NC State athletics account, Wes Moore, the WPC, the official football team account, it goes on and on. That give legitimacy that what that idiot tweets out there is an official representation of NC State in some way, it gives them credibility that they don't deserve. So, of you are following them as a legit source of information on NC State sports, they aren't. If you are following them just to argue, the hate-follow is one of the dumbest parts about social media, you are at the same time giving them a platform for their stupidity.
Wolfpacklife
wilmwolf80 said:

Here's my deal with SFN (and others like them). It has been said that website is run by a UNC fan. Maybe that's the case, they do a very good job at initiating a certain section of our fanbase if true. The way to de platform them is not to argue with them, that's exactly what they want. It's to unfollow them and ignore them. They have 15k followers, and I'm shocked to see the number of high profile NC State people that follow them. Debbie Yow, Scott Wood, POW collective, the official NC State athletics account, Wes Moore, the WPC, the official football team account, it goes on and on. That give legitimacy that what that idiot tweets out there is an official representation of NC State in some way, it gives them credibility that they don't deserve. So, of you are following them as a legit source of information on NC State sports, they aren't. If you are following them just to argue, the hate-follow is one of the dumbest parts about social media, you are at the same time giving them a platform for their stupidity.
Wolfpack
griff17matt said:

Wolfpack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Wolfpack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Lmao if you think that wasn't around before him, you haven't been on Twitter long enough. And if you think it's only one side doing it then you're being willfully ignorant.

I don't really care about bipartisan politics, calling it like I see it… and like I said "it's a copy cat league" so yeah, makes sense they both do it. Never said it was just one side so don't show all your cards Back to thread topic though
matracey
wilmwolf80 said:

If he's a UNC fan, hats off to committing to the bit. He's been writing blogs since 2005 at least. He joined Twitter in 2008 (Twitter was created in 2006) so he has the first mover advantage there and was probably the only "NC State Fan" Twitter account for a while which is a big reason for the 15K followers. Sometimes you don't need to be the best you just need to be first.
wilmwolf
The rumor is that the originator of the site is no longer who runs it. Others know more about the ins and outs than me, just going on what has been said around here. There was once a time that it was a place I went to for information, but whomever is behind it has been putting out unhinged stuff for a while now, which is why I can't believe some of those folks still follow them.
griff17matt
Wolfpack said:

griff17matt said:

Wolfpack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Wolfpack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

I don't really care about bipartisan politics, calling it like I see it… and like I said "it's a copy cat league" so yeah, makes sense they both do it. Never said it was just one side so don't show all your cards Back to thread topic though

Don't assume my cards have been shown
matracey
wilmwolf80 said:

The rumor is that the originator of the site is no longer who runs it. Others know more about the ins and outs than me, just going on what has been said around here. There was once a time that it was a place I went to for information, but whomever is behind it has been putting out unhinged stuff for a while now, which is why I can't believe some of those folks still follow them.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that. That would make sense. No new blogs have been posted on the website since 2018. Same with me. Used to read every blog.
Civilized
matracey said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Interesting. I hadn't heard that. That would make sense. No new blogs have been posted on the website since 2018. Same with me. Used to read every blog.

My impression 15 years ago was that it was a small collective (2-3 people) that ran it then.

This may be way off but my recall was that JB34 from Statefans (or maybe even ACCBoards) spearheaded it. He was often critical but sharp and analytical. It used to read like a homespun but pretty well-curated bootstrapped blog that actually had some inside contacts and good analysis.

It's been a completely different animal than that for years now; years ago it seemed like the Twitter moniker had completely morphed into an account for Aggrieved State Fan to self-publish unhinged rants.
waxhaw
matracey said:

wilmwolf80 said:

If he's a UNC fan, hats off to committing to the bit. He's been writing blogs since 2005 at least. He joined Twitter in 2008 (Twitter was created in 2006) so he has the first mover advantage there and was probably the only "NC State Fan" Twitter account for a while which is a big reason for the 15K followers. Sometimes you don't need to be the best you just need to be first.
Pretty sure the person you are referencing sold that account years ago.
Bas2020
Wow , Martin let go ? What does Tanks do now?
SportManagementEngineer
Bas2020 said:

Rather than Tommy transferring to FSU to play with his friends, his friends should just transfer here to play with Tommy.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
castlewood107
Link Jarrett, come on down to Tallahassee. They beat Clemson to the punch.
SportManagementEngineer
castlewood107 said:

Link Jarrett, come on down to Tallahassee. They beat Clemson to the punch.
I wonder if Godwin is Clemson's first choice.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Wolfpack
SportManagementEngineer said:

Bas2020 said:

Rather than Tommy transferring to FSU to play with his friends, his friends should just transfer here to play with Tommy.

The elephant in the room is Mike Martin != Mike Martin Jr. His record was not good for the talent they have and Avent is the better coach.

Would our fans embrace having Tommy back? I sure hope so, and I trust Avent to make the right decision for the team if there is one.
Glasswolf
Focus will shift to USF now
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

JCooke93
Wow
FourOaksWolf
Wolfpack said:

SportManagementEngineer said:

Bas2020 said:

The elephant in the room is Mike Martin != Mike Martin Jr. His record was not good for the talent they have and Avent is the better coach.

Would our fans embrace having Tommy back? I sure hope so, and I trust Avent to make the right decision for the team if there is one.

Everything we've read indicates that Tommy is not coming back here.
Glasswolf
Focus will shift to USF now. Avent is working to get him back tho
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.