Dedicated Tommy White Thread (Transfers to LSU)

48,464 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
IronWolf24
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Civilized
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

I don't think you can understate how big of a loss this is to the team. Can't lost a guy like this, you just can't.
All momentum dies if tommy leaves. Next year's team trajectory changes big time without him.

Meh. The truth is between this and it doesn't matter at all. Go check Avent's record season by season since the big 2013 break through. Dude knows how to win games and will with or without White
Tommy white was a huge reason we won games this year. Without him, this team likely finishes bottom third of the ACC. Next year will not be fun.
We somehow managed to make the conference championship game AND College World Series last year without him...We've somehow managed to be one of the best baseball programs in the ACC for many years without him...we'll continue to do so, without him.

Stop this whining and crying BS.

Chris Hart is an elite level recruiter. Bo Robinson is an elite teacher of how to hit the ball. We'll get kids that can play. Clint Chrysler has shown now for 2 years straight how good of a pitching coach he is as well.
I believe you on Chris. I believe you on Bo. I don't believe you on Clint. But, I don't want to make this an argument about coaching on the tommy thread. I don't think next year's team will be better than this year's but I hope I am proven wrong.
What don't you believe on Clint?! Look at what he's done with all the injuries we've encountered. So yeah, you should believe me on Clint.
Our pitchers were awesome second half of last year, but aside from that time period, they were pretty bad for the first half of last year and majority of this year, not to mention years past. Pitching has always been a weakness of Avent teams.
ok buddy.
Like I said, i'm not trying to argue about this on the TW board.
Good thing since you don't have much of an argument. But yeah, cool.
(I had more than you did, as evidenced by the "ok, buddy" response. Always the hallmark of a losing argument.)
Oh, so now you want to dig into it? I thought you didn't? By the way, welcome to the baseball board since you've never bothered to post during the season. Something bad happens, you come running. Much like the basketball thread.
But ok, let's do this...we lose two arms to legal issues last year (Klyman and Harrison), Canaan Silver is injured most of the season (that's 3 pen lefties, btw). Baker Nelson is out all but 3 appearances, Austin Pace, Cam Cotter and Logan Bender all injured and all Clint Chrysler did was managed essentially 5 healthy arms to the college world series (and an ACC champ game appearance where all the pitching staff did was keep us in it by giving up 1 run).

We lose our All American pitcher and team leader in April. Logan Whitaker comes back from 3 years of arm trouble to be our Friday starter and only gave up more than 3 runs in a start once until the ACC tourney where he hit a wall at the end of the season. Canaan Silver comes out of his role in the pen to be our Sunday starter where he was damn good. Only gave up more than 3 earned runs twice. Lose an AA starter and we still end up in the ACC champ game b/c of the way he managed the arms.

But sure, Chrysler sucks.

Yeah, I already addressed the first half of your paragraph in my initial point about Chrysler.

Moving on - nothing you mentioned was impressive. We made the acc title game? Cool, we made that game because our offense beat the crap out of everyone we ran into, until we faced a real pitcher from UNC. We got swept by wake for the first time ever this year. Ever. Largely due to how bad our bullpen was (villaman took a pretty big step back this year.) Silver, Whitaker, and half of the players you mentioned would never start on a regional team, let alone a cws team. I'll give you highfill being hurt, but he didn't look good to start the year anyway.

Again - pitching has never been a strength with Chrysler as the coach here. Never. We rely on our offense to win almost every game, aside from our run to the cws last year, which I'll give you. My question is why did almost all of our guys take such a giant step back this year? Highfill, williadson, and villaman. Where's miralia? Why haven't we developed literally anyone else?

I'm not a fan of Chrysler. I don't think we'll accomplish much with him at the helm. If you're ok with missing regionals, hell, go ahead and keep him. Pitching kept us out of regionals this year.

The NCAA kept us out of the regionals this year, boss.

Pitching wasn't a strength last year?

Losing the talent we lost last year, what were your expectations heading into this season?
wilmwolf
I'm not sure how Villaman regressed having the third most saves in the conference his first year as a closer.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
TraCha4
Bell Tower Grey said:

TraCha4 said:

Wow- this is juicy. I definitely want ALL the details now! Let us in.
Why? It's not going to change anything. Besides, it's none of our business.

And, with all due respect, your comment sounds like some busybody woman with nothing better to do.

"Busybody women with nothing better to do"

With all due respect I'm not the one with over 6,000 post.
WolfpackJack69
I don't think Villaman regressed. It just shows us how good Evan Justice was as the closer last year.
wilmwolf
IronWolf24 said:

Seems like the kind of thing ole Gigs would've verified prior to this initial report.
redsteel33
IronWolf24 said:

Ok, this is a terrible look.
This should have been confirmed PRIOR TO HIS PREVIOUS TWEET.
metcalfmafia
wilmwolf80 said:

IronWolf24 said:

Seems like the kind of thing ole Gigs would've verified prior to this initial report.
What an idiot. Not even sure why I follow that guy.
SportManagementEngineer
redsteel33 said:

IronWolf24 said:

Ok, this is a terrible look.
This should have been confirmed PRIOR TO HIS PREVIOUS TWEET.
Listened to the beginning of Giglio's show today and he realllllly walked everything back. Sounded like a dude who got threatened or something. Mentioned that nothing nefarious happened, it wasn't about NIL. Just a kid who wanted to go play with his old friends at FSU. Weird 180.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Borowolf10
Bell Tower Grey said:

TraCha4 said:

Wow- this is juicy. I definitely want ALL the details now! Let us in.
Why? It's not going to change anything. Besides, it's none of our business.

And, with all due respect, your comment sounds like some busybody woman with nothing better to do.

None of our business? Who are you Tommy's daddy? Get out of here with this high and mighty nonsense. We want to know what's going on.
kmb717
IronWolf24 said:

This could also be Avent graciously trying to save Tommy some heat.
CLTWolf
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

I don't think you can understate how big of a loss this is to the team. Can't lost a guy like this, you just can't.
All momentum dies if tommy leaves. Next year's team trajectory changes big time without him.

Meh. The truth is between this and it doesn't matter at all. Go check Avent's record season by season since the big 2013 break through. Dude knows how to win games and will with or without White
Tommy white was a huge reason we won games this year. Without him, this team likely finishes bottom third of the ACC. Next year will not be fun.
We somehow managed to make the conference championship game AND College World Series last year without him...We've somehow managed to be one of the best baseball programs in the ACC for many years without him...we'll continue to do so, without him.

Chris Hart is an elite level recruiter. Bo Robinson is an elite teacher of how to hit the ball. We'll get kids that can play. Clint Chrysler has shown now for 2 years straight how good of a pitching coach he is as well.
I believe you on Chris. I believe you on Bo. I don't believe you on Clint. But, I don't want to make this an argument about coaching on the tommy thread. I don't think next year's team will be better than this year's but I hope I am proven wrong.
What don't you believe on Clint?! Look at what he's done with all the injuries we've encountered. So yeah, you should believe me on Clint.
Our pitchers were awesome second half of last year, but aside from that time period, they were pretty bad for the first half of last year and majority of this year, not to mention years past. Pitching has always been a weakness of Avent teams.
ok buddy.
(I had more than you did, as evidenced by the "ok, buddy" response. Always the hallmark of a losing argument.)
Oh, so now you want to dig into it? I thought you didn't? By the way, welcome to the baseball board since you've never bothered to post during the season. Something bad happens, you come running. Much like the basketball thread.
But ok, let's do this...we lose two arms to legal issues last year (Klyman and Harrison), Canaan Silver is injured most of the season (that's 3 pen lefties, btw). Baker Nelson is out all but 3 appearances, Austin Pace, Cam Cotter and Logan Bender all injured and all Clint Chrysler did was managed essentially 5 healthy arms to the college world series (and an ACC champ game appearance where all the pitching staff did was keep us in it by giving up 1 run).

We lose our All American pitcher and team leader in April. Logan Whitaker comes back from 3 years of arm trouble to be our Friday starter and only gave up more than 3 runs in a start once until the ACC tourney where he hit a wall at the end of the season. Canaan Silver comes out of his role in the pen to be our Sunday starter where he was damn good. Only gave up more than 3 earned runs twice. Lose an AA starter and we still end up in the ACC champ game b/c of the way he managed the arms.

Yeah, I already addressed the first half of your paragraph in my initial point about Chrysler.

Moving on - nothing you mentioned was impressive. We made the acc title game? Cool, we made that game because our offense beat the crap out of everyone we ran into, until we faced a real pitcher from UNC. We got swept by wake for the first time ever this year. Ever. Largely due to how bad our bullpen was (villaman took a pretty big step back this year.) Silver, Whitaker, and half of the players you mentioned would never start on a regional team, let alone a cws team. I'll give you highfill being hurt, but he didn't look good to start the year anyway.

Again - pitching has never been a strength with Chrysler as the coach here. Never. We rely on our offense to win almost every game, aside from our run to the cws last year, which I'll give you. My question is why did almost all of our guys take such a giant step back this year? Highfill, williadson, and villaman. Where's miralia? Why haven't we developed literally anyone else?

I'm not a fan of Chrysler. I don't think we'll accomplish much with him at the helm. If you're ok with missing regionals, hell, go ahead and keep him. Pitching kept us out of regionals this year.
LOL

You have no clue. A "real pitcher"? WE LITERALLY BEAT THE BREAKS OFF MIAMI'S FIRST TEAM ALL ACC PITCHER two games prior. You probably had no idea that game was even played.

Silver wasn't supposed to be our Sunday starter but b/c of injuries he got put into that role and he won games for us and kept us in the games we didn't, by not giving up runs. Silver was damn good this season, ***? lol He was a guaranteed 5 to 6 innings every start and only gave up more than 3 earned runs twice. He should've been a long relief guy for us not a weekend starter. He got put into that role unexpectedly and was damn good.

Villaman took a big step back? Be honest, you only watched like 3 games this year, right? 3 is me being generous.

Whitaker was a guaranteed 5 to 6 innings every start and other than the Va Tech game never gave up more than 3 runs in his starts during the regular season. So if Whitaker was so bad why was he only giving up 3 runs or less in every start but 1?
Willadsen had some mechanics issues early on but got those corrected and was damn good once he got that figured out. After the Va Tech series Willy gave up 3 runs or less in every start. Focus on the less.

Did you seriously ask why Highfill took a "step back"? He was hurt and was pitching hurt for a good bit.

We didn't develop Justin Lawson? Carson Kelly? Teams were hitting .210 against Villaman this year. Teams were hitting less than .250 against our weekend starters.
Garrett Payne, Miralia are SOs that are still developing. Not sure what you expect from Miralia but he'll be a situational guy for us.

Yeah you're right, we won't accomplish much with Chrysler. We won't go to the College World Series. Nope.

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
CardiacPack
kmb717 said:

IronWolf24 said:

I think this is 100%.

Too many people in the know have said exactly the same thing about how this went down. I think EA is a bigger man than most of us. I don't think there is anything to gain from dragging him publicly.
wolf howl
IronWolf24 said:

Why be first with accurate information when you can be first with a sensational story instead?

Microcosm of what's wrong with a lot in this world.

Anyways, I did learn today from this thread you can click someones username and find out how many posts they've made, ignore them, etc. Can't say nothing good come from Tommy hitting the portal.
flylike44
metcalfmafia said:

wilmwolf80 said:

IronWolf24 said:

What an idiot. Not even sure why I follow that guy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Dude went full Giglio. Never, ever go full Giglio.

Glasswolf
kmb717 said:

IronWolf24 said:

White deserves every degree of heat he gets on this
kmb717
Glasswolf said:

kmb717 said:

IronWolf24 said:

White deserves every degree of heat he gets on this
I don't disagree at all.
BobbyCox95
If we don't plunk him a couple times and then give him nothing but garbage to swing at next year I will be very disappointed
metcalfmafia
If Tommy had an exit interview and just wanted to leave then what did he do wrong then? Sounds like he doesn't deserve any heat if he went through the process correctly.
89_Grad
Borowolf10 said:

I hope we get lawyers involved and go at FSU in regards to tampering. FOIA their coaches phones records, the whole 9 yards. Inform Jim Phillips we plan to do so as well. It may get anything, but we have to let other programs know if you tamper with our guys that we aren't going to make it easy for you.
As a lawyer, I can tell you there is no cause of action for tampering with regard to the relationship between a college athlete and a school. Maybe it should be contractual and subject to the UCC, but it currently is not.
metcalfmafia
If this is Avent's side of the story then what is there to be mad about?

ClePack
Civilized said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

ok buddy.

The NCAA kept us out of the regionals this year, boss.

Pitching wasn't a strength last year?

Losing the talent we lost last year, what were your expectations heading into this season?
We can't blame the NCAA. That's what losers do. We can't make excuses. Don't get swept by wake and we probably make it.

Honestly, with how we played midseason - I thought we could make NCAAs. We kind of collapsed at year end, though.
ClePack
CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

ok buddy.

LOL

You have no clue. A "real pitcher"? WE LITERALLY BEAT THE BREAKS OFF MIAMI'S FIRST TEAM ALL ACC PITCHER two games prior. You probably had no idea that game was even played.

Silver wasn't supposed to be our Sunday starter but b/c of injuries he got put into that role and he won games for us and kept us in the games we didn't, by not giving up runs. Silver was damn good this season, ***? lol He was a guaranteed 5 to 6 innings every start and only gave up more than 3 earned runs twice. He should've been a long relief guy for us not a weekend starter. He got put into that role unexpectedly and was damn good.

Villaman took a big step back? Be honest, you only watched like 3 games this year, right? 3 is me being generous.

Whitaker was a guaranteed 5 to 6 innings every start and other than the Va Tech game never gave up more than 3 runs in his starts during the regular season. So if Whitaker was so bad why was he only giving up 3 runs or less in every start but 1?
Willadsen had some mechanics issues early on but got those corrected and was damn good once he got that figured out. After the Va Tech series Willy gave up 3 runs or less in every start. Focus on the less.

Did you seriously ask why Highfill took a "step back"? He was hurt and was pitching hurt for a good bit.

We didn't develop Justin Lawson? Carson Kelly? Teams were hitting .210 against Villaman this year. Teams were hitting less than .250 against our weekend starters.
Garrett Payne, Miralia are SOs that are still developing. Not sure what you expect from Miralia but he'll be a situational guy for us.

Yeah you're right, we won't accomplish much with Chrysler. We won't go to the College World Series. Nope.

I'm standing my ground. All of those amazing stats and performances you listed, and we still were not even a regional team this year. We need more quality. We have fill in guys, but those won't send us to where we want to go as a program. Villy, Sam, and Willadson got hot last year and propelled us to the CWS, you can't depend on that, you've actually got to recruit and develop depth and we haven't done that under Chrysler.

I went to about 20 games in person this year as a fan. Thankfully I didn't go to the Wake or UNC series, where we fell apart. You can point out all these stats that sound great on paper, but we didn't win a series against anyone that mattered aside from Miami early in the year. Not wake, not unc, not fsu, not Louisville, not ND. We need better pitching if we want to make regionals again.
ClePack
WolfpackJack69 said:

I don't think Villaman regressed. It just shows us how good Evan Justice was as the closer last year.
Villy was lights out last year. Unhittable. This year he blew some pretty big save situations. He wasn't terrible, though.
pack2010
ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

ok buddy.

LOL

I'm standing my ground. All of those amazing stats and performances you listed, and we still were not even a regional team this year. We need more quality. We have fill in guys, but those won't send us to where we want to go as a program. Villy, Sam, and Willadson got hot last year and propelled us to the CWS, you can't depend on that, you've actually got to recruit and develop depth and we haven't done that under Chrysler.

I went to about 20 games in person this year as a fan. Thankfully I didn't go to the Wake or UNC series, where we fell apart. You can point out all these stats that sound great on paper, but we didn't win a series against anyone that mattered aside from Miami early in the year. Not wake, not unc, not fsu, not Louisville, not ND. We need better pitching if we want to make regionals again.

LMAO we didn't even play miami this year until the ACC tourney
Pack9RVA
I told my 6 yr old that our guy tommy tanks was leaving the Wolfpack and transferring to another team. He said "well he's being nice and wants to help another team win now, since he helped the Wolfpack win so many games." Buddy, that is one way to look at it.
PackCPA
I would think the #6 national seed's best starter and relievers would qualify as 'real pitchers'.
cowboypack02
Pack9RVA said:

I told my 6 yr old that our guy tommy tanks was leaving the Wolfpack and transferring to another team. He said "well he's being nice and wants to help another team win now, since he helped the Wolfpack win so many games." Buddy, that is one way to look at it.
You have to love the innocence of kids...
Glasswolf
metcalfmafia said:

If Tommy had an exit interview and just wanted to leave then what did he do wrong then? Sounds like he doesn't deserve any heat if he went through the process correctly.
His parents were a squeaky wheel. Lets just leave it at that. Think back to Damien Wilkens and his short time at State with Herb
Wolfpacklife
Pack9RVA said:

Man what a response. He is already building his character for his adult years of being a pack fan!
wilmwolf
I've shared this thought with a few others privately, but since it's a done deal now I'll post it here. During the ACC tournament game when they were interviewing Tommy's parents, the reporter asked his dad if he was excited because Tommy had hit three homers already, and his dad's response was something like that he was just glad he was making contact after going 0-4 the first game. It really struck me, because it reminded me of all the overbearing baseball dads I remembered from when I played. Your kid is breaking the all time record for freshman homers and that's what you are thinking about? In retrospect, their demeanor during that interview was telling. Just seemed odd.
Borowolf10
*whispers* Lujames Groover is a better overall player than Tommy anyway.
Wolfpacklife
wilmwolf80 said:

I've shared this thought with a few others privately, but since it's a done deal now I'll post it here. During the ACC tournament game when they were interviewing Tommy's parents, the reporter asked his dad if he was excited because Tommy had hit three homers already, and his dad's response was something like that he was just glad he was making contact after going 0-4 the first game. It really struck me, because it reminded me of all the overbearing baseball dads I remembered from when I played. Your kid is breaking the all time record for freshman homers and that's what you are thinking about? In retrospect, their demeanor during that interview was telling. Just seemed odd.

Fun fact for them too. That freshman HR record will always have NC State next to it
Pack31
Borowolf10 said:

*whispers* Lujames Groover is a better overall player than Tommy anyway.

Maybe, but he saw alot of good pitches because of White. No doubt about that
ClePack
pack2010 said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

CLTWolf said:

ClePack said:

Wolfpack said:

ClePack said:

ok buddy.

LOL

LMAO we didn't even play miami this year until the ACC tourney
I meant GT, sorry

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.