Statement from Boo Corrigan

6,111 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by PoleD
James Henderson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
'We are shocked and disappointed that our baseball team did not receive a bid to the NCAA Tournament. We hurt for our student-athletes and coaches who worked so hard and who we believe deserved this opportunity.'
Nairo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Weak. I've tried, really tried to give him the time and space to show his mettle. I don't expect him to kick and scream but damn include some metrics to substantiate our argument (which is a strong one) as to why our athletes earned the right to play in the tournament. And this type of response is not the kind of thing that energizes alumni to donate, which is supposed to be his strength.
Borowolf10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm a Boo defender, but I would like a little anger on a statement from him. I'm not saying he needs to go nuclear but just a little hot sauce. This statement is bland.

What are the repercussions on him really digging in that this was a huge snub? He's not gonna get in trouble. Just let the people making decisions know we are pissed and that they screwed up. Put a spotlight on the situation rather than let it fade away.
packofwolves
How long do you want to ignore this user?
weak
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nairo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We deserve so much more from our leadership. Tier 1 research university in a top 5 growth market with 2.5M population. Nearly 40,000 students and we have +250,000 living alumni and less than 8% contribute to the Wolfpack club. And we have the lowest average giving level of any school in the ACC. This guy was sold to the fans as a master fundraiser. It's time to throw our money to the ones who care like Scott Wood and the Pack of Wolves team. I've already reallocated 1/2 my spending to the NIL and maybe need to do even more.
SportManagementEngineer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Isn't he the CFP committee chair for this season?
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Nairo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Boo could have simply copied/pasted Mike Martin Jr's press conference statement and that would have been acceptable.
onemanwolfpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That will teach them to never leave us out again!
King Leary
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He needs a new PR person.
loray97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's difficult to imagine how an AD can be more out of touch with his fan base than this

FSU head coach seems to care more than our own AD
BobbyCox95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Boo is gonna be the scapegoat for us fans again but our venom should be directed toward Mike Buddie. He's the one this falls on. I think lashing out at Boo just makes some us feel better but he's got to stay somewhat level headed here with regard to the NCAA. We don't need to give them another reason to hold something against us.
Wolfpack8602
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Realistically what does it accomplish if Boo did send out a angry tweet against the NCAA. It's not going to get us in. Another kick in the nuts. It's tough being a state fan.
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BobbyCox95 said:

Boo is gonna be the scapegoat for us fans again but our venom should be directed toward Mike Buddie. He's the one this falls on. I think lashing out at Boo just makes some us feel better but he's got to stay somewhat level headed here with regard to the NCAA. We don't need to give them another reason to hold something against us.
A little info about buddie:

Mike Buddie is in his third year as the Director of Athletics at the United States Military Academy at West Point.

Buddie, who was announced by United States Military Academy Superintendent Lt. Gen. Darryl A. Williams as Army West Point's new director of athletics on May 22, 2019, arrived at West Point from Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina.

Before Furman, Buddie spent a decade at Wake Forest University where he oversaw several different areas with the Demon Deacons. Buddie is a 1993 graduate of Wake Forest, where he was a three-year letter winner as a pitcher for the Demon Deacons baseball team. He was drafted by the New York Yankees in the fourth round of the 1992 Major League Baseball draft

Info from: https://goarmywestpoint.com/staff-directory/mike-buddie/560
Nairo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Boos audience isn't the NCAA, it is the players, coaches, alumni and fans who are frustrated today.

Wolfpack8602 said:

Realistically what does it accomplish if Boo did send out a angry tweet against the NCAA. It's not going to get us in. Another kick in the nuts. It's tough being a state fan.
BobbyCox95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nairo said:

Boos audience isn't the NCAA, it is the players, coaches, alumni and fans who are frustrated today.

Wolfpack8602 said:

Realistically what does it accomplish if Boo did send out a angry tweet against the NCAA. It's not going to get us in. Another kick in the nuts. It's tough being a state fan.



If he goes on a Twitter rampage and trashes the ncaa what good is that gonna do other than make us feel better? It's only going to piss them off and want to screw us again.
Nairo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
'We are shocked and disappointed that our baseball team did not receive a bid to the NCAA Tournament. Our team had a resume and RPI objectively above several schools selected, and they deserved this opportunity. Join me in congratulating our young men for overcoming adversity, key injuries and the disappointment of last season's ending to achieve 36 wins and an ACC title appearance."
griff17matt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BobbyCox95 said:

Nairo said:

Boos audience isn't the NCAA, it is the players, coaches, alumni and fans who are frustrated today.

Wolfpack8602 said:

Realistically what does it accomplish if Boo did send out a angry tweet against the NCAA. It's not going to get us in. Another kick in the nuts. It's tough being a state fan.



If he goes on a Twitter rampage and trashes the ncaa what good is that gonna do other than make us feel better? It's only going to piss them off and want to screw us again.


Please do tell me why the **** we care if we piss off the NCAA? Seems to me they've been pissed off for 30 years now. You think a Twitter rants that endears Boo to the fanbase is going to change that one way or the other? How about if we got the 150k alumni that don't donate to do that because it stirred up some coverage? And what if that influx of cash made it to where we have the talent to not be perpetually on the bubble of every damn sport that makes money? The NCAA is a toothless dinosaur and the quicker Boo and the powers that be realize that, the sooner we will actually compete. Or we could keep up the never ending cuckold that is NC State athletics.
Mr. O
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone remember Yow's statement when we missed the basketballs tournament with the 37 NET rating? It would be interesting to compare.
Nairo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://abc11.com/nc-state-basketball-debbie-yow-ncaa-bracket-march-madness-2019/5203033/

"Based on metrics...that the NCAA indicated they would use to evaluate team performance, we are disappointed for our athletes, coaches and fans that our total body of work was not rewarded with selection to the NCAA Tournament,"
SportManagementEngineer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BobbyCox95 said:

Nairo said:

Boos audience isn't the NCAA, it is the players, coaches, alumni and fans who are frustrated today.

Wolfpack8602 said:

Realistically what does it accomplish if Boo did send out a angry tweet against the NCAA. It's not going to get us in. Another kick in the nuts. It's tough being a state fan.



If he goes on a Twitter rampage and trashes the ncaa what good is that gonna do other than make us feel better? It's only going to piss them off and want to screw us again.

It might help him with fundraising.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
sf59
How long do you want to ignore this user?
seems like we get to read one of these every year at this time
James Henderson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
sf59 said:

seems like we get to read one of these every year at this time
Yeah I don't know why releasing one of these is supposed to make fans feel better.
Wolfvet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Henderson said:

sf59 said:

seems like we get to read one of these every year at this time
Yeah I don't know why releasing one of these is supposed to make fans feel better.
Come on James, you are being deliberately obtuse.
BobbyCox95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
griff17matt said:

BobbyCox95 said:

Nairo said:

Boos audience isn't the NCAA, it is the players, coaches, alumni and fans who are frustrated today.

Wolfpack8602 said:

Realistically what does it accomplish if Boo did send out a angry tweet against the NCAA. It's not going to get us in. Another kick in the nuts. It's tough being a state fan.



If he goes on a Twitter rampage and trashes the ncaa what good is that gonna do other than make us feel better? It's only going to piss them off and want to screw us again.


Please do tell me why the **** we care if we piss off the NCAA? Seems to me they've been pissed off for 30 years now. You think a Twitter rants that endears Boo to the fanbase is going to change that one way or the other? How about if we got the 150k alumni that don't donate to do that because it stirred up some coverage? And what if that influx of cash made it to where we have the talent to not be perpetually on the bubble of every damn sport that makes money? The NCAA is a toothless dinosaur and the quicker Boo and the powers that be realize that, the sooner we will actually compete. Or we could keep up the never ending cuckold that is NC State athletics.


I think Nairo's tweet above would have been appropriate but if you want Boo to go scorched earth on the committee for being snubbed you can forget it. It ain't happening and nor should it. No other AD would either. I think it's fine for fans to go off on the ncaa or mike buddie for that matter but AD's have to and are above that. And you really think Boo going off on Twitter is going to magically cause all the casual State alums that don't give financially to start pumping money out in support? You really believe that? Did our giving go up when DY objected to certain things or when DD said NCAA stood for "no clue at all"? It sounds good but it's not based in reality. We got snubbed and it sucks but if Boo goes off on Twitter it accomplishes nothing other than to give them another reason to screw us next time we are on the bubble.
M_A
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The tweet was better
Fire Boo Corrigan
metcalfmafia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No one loves words more than State fans I swear.
James Henderson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Wolfvet said:

James Henderson said:

sf59 said:

seems like we get to read one of these every year at this time
Yeah I don't know why releasing one of these is supposed to make fans feel better.
Come on James, you are being deliberately obtuse.
No clue what you mean.
Lsnoel3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nothing Boo can say or do can make it better. Does it ever help to yell and scream at the ones in power? Often they just exert more power. The NCAA did not want to hear the story on TV about how they hosed us last year so they just kept us off the TV. They have the power and they abuse it when it fits their agenda.
waxhaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nairo said:

https://abc11.com/nc-state-basketball-debbie-yow-ncaa-bracket-march-madness-2019/5203033/

"Based on metrics...that the NCAA indicated they would use to evaluate team performance, we are disappointed for our athletes, coaches and fans that our total body of work was not rewarded with selection to the NCAA Tournament,"
Seems fairly similar to Boos statement, Not sure why people would consider that a Twitter tirade from Debbie.

I'm ok with Boos statement. Calls out the NCAA for the obvious screw job.
Wolfvet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Henderson said:

Wolfvet said:

James Henderson said:

sf59 said:

seems like we get to read one of these every year at this time
Yeah I don't know why releasing one of these is supposed to make fans feel better.
Come on James, you are being deliberately obtuse.
No clue what you mean.
I believe you.
Mountainman97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nairo said:

We deserve so much more from our leadership. Tier 1 research university in a top 5 growth market with 2.5M population. Nearly 40,000 students and we have +250,000 living alumni and less than 8% contribute to the Wolfpack club. And we have the lowest average giving level of any school in the ACC. This guy was sold to the fans as a master fundraiser. It's time to throw our money to the ones who care like Scott Wood and the Pack of Wolves team. I've already reallocated 1/2 my spending to the NIL and maybe need to do even more.
Yes yes yes and thank you.

After paying $50 in Asheville and not even having our coaches show up, I'm about done with Boo Boo and the WPC.

NIL got Rivers, Moore all but said it in Asheville on the side.

Give to Scott and IPS, other NIL's. It's worth it.
Mountainman97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mountainman97 said:

Nairo said:

We deserve so much more from our leadership. Tier 1 research university in a top 5 growth market with 2.5M population. Nearly 40,000 students and we have +250,000 living alumni and less than 8% contribute to the Wolfpack club. And we have the lowest average giving level of any school in the ACC. This guy was sold to the fans as a master fundraiser. It's time to throw our money to the ones who care like Scott Wood and the Pack of Wolves team. I've already reallocated 1/2 my spending to the NIL and maybe need to do even more.
Yes yes yes and thank you.

After paying $50 in Asheville and not even having our coaches show up, I'm about done with Boo Boo and the WPC.

NIL got Rivers, Moore all but said it in Asheville on the side.

Give to Scott and IPS, other NIL's. It's worth it.
I said it tonight, they can buy them their little weightsets and meal plans……I'll help buy their Porsche.
wolf howl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Boo is on their college football committee as chair this year so I'm sure he'd rather stay in their good graces to build a resume than show any kind of emotion that would make fans/alumni think he actually cares about the school or sports programs here.

There's nothing about that guy which makes people want to give more. If leadership can't be passionate why should anyone else care enough to write the check?

Obviously most fans on a message board are far more passionate then many but the NCAA screwed us, again, and that statement is a roll over.

I even had alumni/friends of schools not in the ACC texting me today to ask how I felt about getting jobbed again. At this point, who's not use to it that's been around State at least since the late 80's?
TeenWolfToo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A pipe dream would be the ACC Commissioner addressing these concerns, but that will never happen on our behalf. It might with other ACC programs.
V
Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.