Statement from Boo Corrigan

7,733 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PoleD
Gravis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mountainman97 said:

Nairo said:

We deserve so much more from our leadership. Tier 1 research university in a top 5 growth market with 2.5M population. Nearly 40,000 students and we have +250,000 living alumni and less than 8% contribute to the Wolfpack club. And we have the lowest average giving level of any school in the ACC. This guy was sold to the fans as a master fundraiser. It's time to throw our money to the ones who care like Scott Wood and the Pack of Wolves team. I've already reallocated 1/2 my spending to the NIL and maybe need to do even more.
Yes yes yes and thank you.

After paying $50 in Asheville and not even having our coaches show up, I'm about done with Boo Boo and the WPC.

NIL got Rivers, Moore all but said it in Asheville on the side.

Give to Scott and IPS, other NIL's. It's worth it.

It was explained to you Dave & Kevin were coming to Asheville but weather forced them to cancel their flight.

It was NOT a WPC decision, it was the pilot's call.

I guess you'd prefer they risk their lives to come speak at a booster club fundraiser? Plenty to complain about, but you are dead wrong here.

DrummerboyWolf
Let's see we have the FSU coach speaking up for us. Our main rival coach speaking up for us. All the guys at D-1 baseball saying how we got shafted. From Luke DeCock at the News and Observer, neither a friend to N. C. State, coming out against the NCAA. Luke of course take his shots at us for previous misdeeds by the NCAA, but now he says we have a case. Here is a link that should work.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/red-meat-propaganda-nc-state-175851802.html

Then we have the pablem put out by our AD. I said in the other thread, If the AD and Chancellor are not going to fight for our student athletes, then why should I care at all. I am thinking this coming football season, will be my last tour of duty for N. C. State athletics. I, for one am tired of being crapped on by the NCAA and nothing being done to bring attention to the continual screw job.
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
Nairo
There are now other ways to help our athletes rather than paying the exorbitant salaries of athletics administrators who can't be troubled to draft a more forceful, factual and public response against another inexplicable injustice to our student-athletes. Once the money starts to shift, we might see a change in approach.

https://packofwolvesnil.com

DrummerboyWolf said:

Let's see we have the FSU coach speaking up for us. Our main rival coach speaking up for us. All the guys at D-1 baseball saying how we got shafted. From Luke DeCock at the News and Observer, neither a friend to N. C. State, coming out against the NCAA. Luke of course take his shots at us for previous misdeeds by the NCAA, but now he says we have a case. Here is a link that should work.

Then we have the pablem put out by our AD. I said in the other thread, If the AD and Chancellor are not going to fight for our student athletes, then why should I care at all. I am thinking this coming football season, will be my last tour of duty for N. C. State athletics. I, for one am tired of being crapped on by the NCAA and nothing being done to bring attention to the continual screw job.
Wolfpack
It is not productive to pit PoW against WPC. Please be able to see that…
Gravis
Wolfpack said:

Thank you.
Gravis
Nairo said:

There are now other ways to help our athletes rather than paying the exorbitant salaries of athletics administrators who can't be troubled to draft a more forceful, factual and public response against another inexplicable injustice to our student-athletes. Once the money starts to shift, we might see a change in approach.

DrummerboyWolf said:

The WPC only pays for the scholarships of our student athletes & sometimes raises money for capital projects (buildings). The WPC has absolutely nothing to do the athletic department staff & their salaries.

Paying athletes for their NIL would be a moot point if we can't pay for their scholarships.

We need both, but the WPC has a ~$20 million bill for scholarships.......I do not think the NIL needs anywhere close to that.
JCooke93
He wasn't even in Charlotte NC on Sunday
BobbyCox95
Gravis said:

Nairo said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

The WPC only pays for the scholarships of our student athletes & sometimes raises money for capital projects (buildings). The WPC has absolutely nothing to do the athletic department staff & their salaries.

Paying athletes for their NIL would be a moot point if we can't pay for their scholarships.

We need both, but the WPC has a ~$20 million bill for scholarships.......I do not think the NIL needs anywhere close to that.
I was always under the impression that the WPC paid coaches salaries. What pool of money does that come from?

So WPC pays for scholarships and capital facilities projects

PoW pays for athlete benefits

General Athletic fund (ticket sales, tv deals, apparel sales etc) pays the coaches salaries and operating expenses

Does that sound accurate?
Gravis

^ Probably a little simplistic, but very close.

The WPC is a 501 3C non profit & is very limited to their mission, which is scholarships & capital projects.
BobbyCox95
Gravis said:

The WPC is a 501 3C non profit & is very limited to their mission, which is scholarships & capital projects.
I'm sure it was very simplistic. Thanks for the info
ctpack
Still no press release from Elliot. They probably have him sedated and restrained. I really wish they would just let him go off. We would all appreciate it. Disgraceful and yes I do think someone should go off a little more strongly, regardless if it helps or hurts us.
jadawson
I know people need someone to get mad at, instead of Boo i'd propose we get mad at Jim Phillips/John Swofford for allowing the ACC to not have a seat at the table for several years running now to fight for our interests. NC state is definitely the most egregious issue in the conference this year, but several other teams like Notre Dame can have gripes with the committee. The acc has been disrespected in baseball seeding for multiple years in a row now because we don't have a voice in the room when it is quite apparent that it is necessary in a bias driven system.
waxhaw
Gravis said:

Aren't there some aspects of coaching salaries that do not come from athletic department funds…radio show, camps, etc. depending on sport hat could be a major part of compensation
Nairo
I posted this morning while still pissed and uncaffeinated. Poorly worded. Not pitting one against the other (have made a decision to split our giving equally). Just that there are now options and with options comes leverage.

Gravis said:

Wolfpack said:

Thank you.
Glasswolf
BobbyCox95 said:

Gravis said:

Nairo said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I was always under the impression that the WPC paid coaches salaries. What pool of money does that come from?

So WPC pays for scholarships and capital facilities projects

PoW pays for athlete benefits

General Athletic fund (ticket sales, tv deals, apparel sales etc) pays the coaches salaries and operating expenses

Does that sound accurate?
Add in supplemental income from TV, endorsements, Adidas etc. Coaches base salary comes from state funds. If you stop paying WPC dues you are stopping a kid somewhere from getting a education.
Glasswolf
So I've had several conversations with Debbie Yow today. Guess what? She would have handled everything the same way BC has. And nothing would still have been changed
griff17matt
Glasswolf said:

So I've had several conversations with Debbie Yow today. Guess what? She would have handled everything the same way BC has. And nothing would still have been changed

Great. Don't really understand what Debbie has to do with any of this aside from people trying to say wanting Boo to publicly call out the NCAA is somehow Debbie cussing someone out on Twitter or something. Maybe it's just hyperbole but trying to equate those two things is getting old.

I'm thankful for Debbie, her time here, and her commitment to the non-revenue sports. But she hasn't been here for a while and the disdain for Boo has nothing to do with her. I probably can't speak for everyone, but that's how I feel. No one has asked him to publicly curse them out. But the limp dick approach hasn't worked and certainly hasn't won over a very large number of people.
jadawson
griff17matt said:

Glasswolf said:

Great. Don't really understand what Debbie has to do with any of this aside from people trying to say wanting Boo to publicly call out the NCAA is somehow Debbie cussing someone out on Twitter or something. Maybe it's just hyperbole but trying to equate those two things is getting old.

I'm thankful for Debbie, her time here, and her commitment to the non-revenue sports. But she hasn't been here for a while and the disdain for Boo has nothing to do with her. I probably can't speak for everyone, but that's how I feel. No one has asked him to publicly curse them out. But the limp dick approach hasn't worked and certainly hasn't won over a very large number of people.
there are a lot of people that bring up Debbie's twitter feed and seemingly "harsher" statements whenever the topic of Boo comes up (even though they never got any more done in terms of fighting the ncaa than Boo's approach does). It might not be something you equate, but it is something an annoying percentage of our fanbase does.
griff17matt
jadawson said:

griff17matt said:

Glasswolf said:

there are a lot of people that bring up Debbie's twitter feed and seemingly "harsher" statements whenever the topic of Boo comes up (even though they never got any more done in terms of fighting the ncaa than Boo's approach does). It might not be something you equate, but it is something an annoying percentage of our fanbase does.

An annoying percentage? So, what percentage would you say bring this up in an entirely serious manner? Not including the annoying ones that bring it up to defend Boo and insinuate Debbie would have cussed someone out on a Twitter thread.
jadawson
griff17matt said:

jadawson said:

griff17matt said:

Glasswolf said:

An annoying percentage? So, what percentage would you say bring this up in an entirely serious manner? Not including the annoying ones that bring it up to defend Boo and insinuate Debbie would have cussed someone out on a Twitter thread.
I never said it was a large percentage, just an annoying group of people. There are a handful in almost every thread about Boo on twitter or this or other sites. I just went to twitter and there were a few saying it outright under the NC State Athletics tweet of Boo's statement and even Debbie herself has responded to a few people who tweeted at her saying it.

I'm not sure if you are saying that i was insinuation that Debbie would have cussed someone out on twitter but just in case that's not what i said or what i meant. Debbie was known for having a more direct conversational style and the fanbase always knew where her head was at and also seemed to share the sentiment of the fanbase and act like a fan at times in her statements and twitter replies. I think most pack fans loved that about her. I think people get upset that Boo doesn't give them the transparency and in your face style that Debbie did and his statements and actions are immediately viewed as weak just because people in their minds are convinced that Debbie would have done something differently.
griff17matt
jadawson said:

griff17matt said:

jadawson said:

griff17matt said:

Glasswolf said:

I never said it was a large percentage, just an annoying group of people. There are a handful in almost every thread about Boo on twitter or this or other sites. I just went to twitter and there were a few saying it outright under the NC State Athletics tweet of Boo's statement and even Debbie herself has responded to a few people who tweeted at her saying it.

I'm not sure if you are saying that i was insinuation that Debbie would have cussed someone out on twitter but just in case that's not what i said or what i meant. Debbie was known for having a more direct conversational style and the fanbase always knew where her head was at and also seemed to share the sentiment of the fanbase and act like a fan at times in her statements and twitter replies. I think most pack fans loved that about her. I think people get upset that Boo doesn't give them the transparency and in your face style that Debbie did and his statements and actions are immediately viewed as weak just because people in their minds are convinced that Debbie would have done something differently.

No, you didn't insinuate that. I've seen it here.

Oh you don't like Boo's response? You want him to cuss them out? Take it to Twitter like Debbie?

Those sorts of things. I think people are well within their rights to say Boo, thus far, has been uninspiring in the face of out right disrespect. He has shown nothing to make me personally think anything he says or does will make the NCAA take him seriously.

I don't think he needs to go on a Twitter rant or curse anyone out to get the point across through the media that excluding this team was disrespectful and wrong. Just like last year's COVID situation there were things the team did to put them in the position to get shafted. But that doesn't mean the AD should just roll over and politely ask for the lube this time.

Those people have valid points sometimes made in the worst possible way and I think they should be heard regardless of how uncomfortable it may make you feel. I happen to think that Twitter is the worst place to try to discuss such topics and I'd much rather they happen behind a pay wall and in good faith from both sides.

PoleD
Think its sad when other teams' coaches and wes durham are more vocal about us getting screwed than our own AD has been. Yes, he may be doing work behind the scenes and thats all great but there's no reason he cant do both.

If nothing else come out and an give the statement instead of having one of your staff post it. It just comes across as lacking any emotion or passion.
Wufhart
PoleD said:

Think its sad when other teams' coaches and wes durham are more vocal about us getting screwed than our own AD has been. Yes, he may be doing work behind the scenes and thats all great but there's no reason he cant do both.

If nothing else come out and an give the statement instead of having one of your staff post it. It just comes across as lacking any emotion or passion.

In this case there is probably more value in having third parties, in particular fellow coaches, beat the drum. I know everyone wants Boo to go fire and brimstone but to me that just comes off as sour grapes and is not as effective. Sure Wolfpack fans could beat their chest and say "that's my AD" but it is no more than that. As someone mentioned the ACC is the entity who needs to go scorched earth about having no representation at all on the committee for multiple years.
Pack87
Wufhart said:

PoleD said:

Think its sad when other teams' coaches and wes durham are more vocal about us getting screwed than our own AD has been. Yes, he may be doing work behind the scenes and thats all great but there's no reason he cant do bot

In this case there is probably more value in having third parties, in particular fellow coaches, beat the drum. I know everyone wants Boo to go fire and brimstone but to me that just comes off as sour grapes and is not as effective. Sure Wolfpack fans could beat their chest and say "that's my AD" but it is no more than that. As
someone mentioned the ACC is the entity who needs to go scorched earth about having no representation at all on the committee for multiple years.

This is exactly right, it is only effective if those outside of NC State say there was injustice. Everyone wanting to say Bubba's statement so much better than Boo's. Honestly I see ver little difference. Both were disappointed in what they felt was an unjustified outcome. Neither threatening to do anything more.
Civilized
Exactly.

If you see one as being consequentially different than the other, you're just looking for things to complain about.

They're the exact same statement basically. We're disappointed for our players and fans, the result was unjust, etc. That' it.
Wolfpack
It's literally the exact same statement between Boo and Bubba. Anyone who thinks Bubba's is better is just showing their true colors
PoleD
Wufhart said:

PoleD said:

In this case there is probably more value in having third parties, in particular fellow coaches, beat the drum. I know everyone wants Boo to go fire and brimstone but to me that just comes off as sour grapes and is not as effective. Sure Wolfpack fans could beat their chest and say "that's my AD" but it is no more than that. As someone mentioned the ACC is the entity who needs to go scorched earth about having no representation at all on the committee for multiple years.

I agree with that. ACC commish should have issued a statement but shouldnt sit back and wait for others because we all know that aint happening. We are alone in our fights.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.