Baseball vs unc-ch 5/6-8 (7-8, 9-2, 6-7)

21,090 Views | 264 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by wilmwolf
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NC State will be back in action next weekend for a three-game series against North Carolina at Doak Field at Dail Park. The teams will play at 6:30 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. Saturday, and 1 p.m. Sunday. Friday and Sunday's games will be on ACCNX while Saturday's contest will be on ESPNU. There will also be an audio stream on WKNC 88.1 and the Varsity Network App for all three games.
dmelvin
Sweep them again Pack !
Dmelvin
WolfQuacker
Critical RPI series for both teams. Could easily swap spots or widen the gap. Go get 'em Pack9.

NO MERCY!
Pakbackr
Hope Tommy is ok and can play!
wilmwolf
The UNC series seems to be when the casual State baseball fans start to pay attention every year. If we keep the offense clicking and just play decent on defense I like like chances. Hope the guys play loose.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wolfer79
DJncsu13
Weather not looking great for tomorrow night. Storms in and around the area from 4-8 or so. Wonder if they'll even try to get it in or play a DH Saturday.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
wilmwolf
A Saturday double header would be very inconvenient for me, so go ahead and pencil it in.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Lakewolf
GTHC, GTH!!!!
Wolfer79
NC State baseball (29-13, 11-9 ACC) will close out a seven-game home stand this weekend when it welcomes Tobacco Road rival North Carolina (25-17, 8-13 ACC) for a three-game series at Doak Field at Dail Park.

The teams will play Friday at 6:30 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m. Friday and Sunday's games will be broadcast on ACCNX while Saturday's contest will air on ESPNU with Kevin Fitzgerald and Gaby Sanchez on the call.

STARTING PITCHERS
Friday RHP Logan Whitaker (NCSU) vs. RHP Max Carlson (UNC)
Saturday RHP Matt Willadsen (NCSU) vs. LHP Brandon Schaeffer (UNC)
Sunday TBA (NCSU) vs. TBA (UNC)

https://gopack.com/news/2022/5/5/baseball-pack9-set-for-tobacco-road-series-with-tar-heels.aspx
Wolfer79
DJncsu13
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Daviewolf83
I am planning to photograph two of the games from the UNC series this website this weekend. Hopefully, the storms tonight miss the area. I am keeping my fingers crossed we get the game in tonight, but it is looking like weather may be an issue at the time the game is supposed to start.
Wolfer79
parking could be interesting

metcalfmafia
What are we thinking on weather folks? Trying to decide whether to go or not.
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia said:

Tarp is down at Doak Field. No word yet on the status of tonight's game.

edit
tennis just announced 4pm will be indoors
Daviewolf83
Wolfer79 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Tarp is down at Doak Field. No word yet on the status of tonight's game.

edit
tennis just announced 4pm will be indoors
Storms are building now in Raleigh and it is starting to thunder. We will see how it goes, but would not be surprised if they try for a double-header tomorrow.
Gost8
A lot of rain and thunder in Greensboro.
metcalfmafia
I feel like if they were going to move it, they would have announced by now considering the traffic issues they mentioned earlier.
PaperWolf
Radar looked like there would be a few hours between squall lines so once the one over western Wake passes, probably get in 2+ hours of ball before a potential pause.

metcalfmafia said:

I feel like if they were going to move it, they would have announced by now considering the traffic issues they mentioned earlier.
"There are 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses...Hit it!"
Daviewolf83
Pea-sized hail and high winds hitting in North Raleigh now, just south of Wake Forest. Really bad cell moving through. Still time for it to get out of here before next line moves through in another hour or so. Hail has been falling for a couple of minutes.
metcalfmafia
PaperWolf said:

Radar looked like there would be a few hours between squall lines so once the one over western Wake passes, probably get in 2+ hours of ball before a potential pause.

metcalfmafia said:

That, unfortunately, does not sound very fun for me as a fan driving a good ways to the game in traffic.
Wolfpacklife
Hope they can play tonight. Rough weather out there though
PaperWolf
No doubt, I actually live about 3 hrs away but work had me in the area already or I probably would have missed tonight.

metcalfmafia said:

PaperWolf said:

metcalfmafia said:

That, unfortunately, does not sound very fun for me as a fan driving a good ways to the game in traffic.
"There are 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses...Hit it!"
Whitetailpack
Future radar looks pretty good for the Raleigh area until 9pm or so and that even looks scattered. I believe there is a great chance to get a game in tonight!
FourOaksWolf
Some parts of Raleigh haven't seen a drop
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
SportManagementEngineer
Whitaker is going to need to find his out pitch to put guys away.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
SportManagementEngineer
De-fense.
metcalfmafia
Swinging at some dumb pitches so far.
metcalfmafia
There we go Tommy!
SportManagementEngineer
I didn't think Tommy was going to see a single pitch in the zone and on 3-2 the pitcher was dumb enough to give him something over the plate
WolfQuacker
Why did Josh just stand there and watch after that contact? Seemed like a weird play like there was some other contact but I'm streaming and can't rewind.
Whitetailpack
SportManagementEngineer said:

I didn't think Tommy was going to see a single pitch in the zone and on 3-2 the pitcher was dumb enough to give him something over the plate
It was out over the plate and Tommy was just in front of it and hit it on the end of the barrel. Good hitters can do that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.