2020 Atlanta Braves Thread

11,063 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by engineercoach
Pack31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
metcalfmafia said:

Pack31 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Who need pitching right? LOL

Obviously not us since Milone to the IL now too with shoulder inflammation. I hope that was his problem because he was terrible. Lol. Knoa, Erlin, Anderson, Tomlin, Wright now. Just wow

What? That doesn't look like a World Series rotation to you?

Yes...little league WS

Seriously, bright side is next season...
Soroka
Fried
Anderson
FA/trade(Milone if hes healthy i suppose)
FA/trade

And I guess Folty, Newk, Wilson, Davidson, Weigel, Toukki will all get a shot again.

On the FA or trade, I'd love to go big on a top of the rotation guy and land a middle of the line 4 or 5 type vet. Hamels type, but durable.
Civilized
Pack31 said:

Yes...little league WS

Seriously, bright side is next season...
Soroka
Fried
Anderson
FA/trade(Milone if hes healthy i suppose)
FA/trade

And I guess Folty, Newk, Wilson, Davidson, Weigel, Toukki will all get a shot again.

On the FA or trade, I'd love to go big on a top of the rotation guy and land a middle of the line 4 or 5 type vet. Hamels type, but durable.

If this team makes the postseason it will have been a Christmas miracle given their starting pitching woes.

I put Soroka and Fried up there with any 1-2 in baseball.

Anderson is so young, relying on him is a huge question mark.

I think the front office is incredibly aggressive on the FA market this offseason with pitching and Ozuna or Ozuna's replacement. We've got a 3-year window left in Freddie's prime; Soroka and Fried are legit 1-2 guys; and we have big bats and a really good bullpen.

We are two starting pitchers away from being a potential World Series favorite and the front office knows this.
metcalfmafia
Acua just got helped off the field after fouling a ball off his ankle.

I'm so over this **** at this point.
Civilized
metcalfmafia said:

Mercifully x-rays were negative but damn, the injury bug has bit us bad.

Maybe this will be like '83 for State after Whitt came back.
Pack31
Civilized said:

metcalfmafia said:

Mercifully x-rays were negative but damn, the injury bug has bit us bad.

Maybe this will be like '83 for State after Whitt came back.

Ha..one could hope

Newest update said x rsys negat8ve, he was jumping up and down and walking on it in the clubhouse. He could play today, if he feels ok
metcalfmafia

Now go win a series.
Civilized
Man, I so hope that this season and next season for the Braves aren't like 2003 and 2004 for Pack football, where if you had paired the 03 offense up with the 04 defense we would've been a legit national title contender.

This Braves offense is phenomenal. Now we just got to cobble together some starting pitching. Can the young guys step up?

I want a playoff series win bad!
ShaggyWolf
Ozuna easily the best offseason move by any team. Without him we'd be in a completely different spot.
Pack31
ShaggyWolf said:

Ozuna easily the best offseason move by any team. Without him we'd be in a completely different spot.

As much as most of us National league fans hate it, we wouldn't have been a strong with him in the field versus as a DH. He was made to DH.
ShaggyWolf
Pack31 said:

ShaggyWolf said:

As much as most of us National league fans hate it, we wouldn't have been a strong with him in the field versus as a DH. He was made to DH.
Yeah which is surprising since he has won a GG in the past. But I'd say from here on out he's a full time DH. Sadly I don't think Braves will be able to afford him after this season.
Civilized
Pack31As much as most of us National league fans hate it, we wouldn't have been a strong with him in the field versus as a DH. He was made to DH. [/quote said:

Lifelong Braves fan, and this may be blasphemous, but I've really enjoyed there not being a built-in rally-killer in the 9-hole this year.

Part of it is how good offensively this lineup is, and specifically how very good Marcel has been, but part of it is just an offensive tempo thing without pitchers hitting.

Although, in fairness, Inciarte is kinda sorta like a pitcher hitting. He's like a fast Mike Hampton.
metcalfmafia
TODAY IS THE DAY

Civilized
Need this, LETSGO!!!
843wolfpacker
Today felt a lot like the ACCT game we played against Carolina except the good guys came out on top today
metcalfmafia
Much better outcome!
metcalfmafia
Freeman is MVP. No question.
Civilized
Freehugs!!!
metcalfmafia
What a freaking team. Let's go beat the Dodgers (probably).

Hell of a game from Kyle Wright.
Civilized
The amount of pitching we've gotten from this starting staff over the last 5 games is absolutely unreal.

4 shutouts in five games, from the least experienced starting staff in playoff history? Are you kidding me?
Civilized
Huge to take Game 1!

Fried was dealing. Doesn't get any easier against Kershaw and we need some more clutch pitching from the young guns, but the way this lineup hits anything is possible!
Pack31
Civilized said:

Huge to take Game 1!

Fried was dealing. Doesn't get any easier against Kershaw and we need some more clutch pitching from the young guns, but the way this lineup hits anything is possible!

Great W!!! Great recovery by Fried. After then1st, I didn't think he'd make it to the 5th, pitch count wise.

Hopefully Anderson continues to shine. Keep it close, because their bullpen looks to be all flame throwers and we feast on them.
metcalfmafia
Man that Riley bomb was impressive. Kid has 30+ homer potential.
ShaggyWolf
So proud of these guys. 2-0 lead. Mentally y preparing myself for heartbreak just in case.
metcalfmafia
ShaggyWolf said:

So proud of these guys. 2-0 lead. Mentally y preparing myself for heartbreak just in case.

They sure know how to make it interesting don't they?
ShaggyWolf
metcalfmafia said:

ShaggyWolf said:

They sure know how to make it interesting don't they?
Sure do. Just like our Wolfpack!
Civilized
Last night was heart attack city. Huge, huge difference being up 2-0 instead of tied 1-1.
metcalfmafia
Civilized said:

Last night was heart attack city. Huge, huge difference being up 2-0 instead of tied 1-1.
Especially with Wright on the bump today, who can get a little wild at times.
TraCha4
Just had an Payton Wilson and NC State mention during the Braves game tonight. Thanks to his brother being on the bump tonight
Civilized
We've given up 1 run through 4, it's a Christmas miracle!
metcalfmafia
TraCha4 said:

Just had an Payton Wilson and NC State mention during the Braves game tonight. Thanks to his brother being on the bump tonight

Yep that was cool. Needless to say I'm a big fan of the whole Wilson family.
metcalfmafia
Gonna be hard to trot Ender out there next year after what Pache has done.
Civilized
Green Pache is better than an aging Ender, and it's not really close. You're not giving up anything defensively and Pache hits with a lot more pop, and looks like he's got veteran plate discipline to boot.
ShaggyWolf
I am nervous.
Civilized
ShaggyWolf said:

I am nervous.

You speak for all of us.
ShaggyWolf
Great season. Exceeded my expectations especially after losing Soroka for the year. Lots of things to address in the off season but we still have a very bright future ahead with our young core.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.