2020 Atlanta Braves Thread

10,796 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by engineercoach
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ShaggyWolf said:

Great season. Exceeded my expectations especially after losing Soroka for the year. Lots of things to address in the off season but we still have a very bright future ahead with our young core.

Completely agree on all accounts, both young and talented at virtually every position. Great nucleus to build on!
metcalfmafia
What do you guys think are the things to address?

Mine is signing Ozuna long term and acquiring another starter.
Civilized
metcalfmafia said:

Yes to both being primary needs.

Anderson was awesome but a very small sample size. Unclear if he's actually ready to assume the role as our third starter on a week in week out basis. Kyle Wright and Bryce Wilson are even more speculative. I'd be almost certain that between the three of those kids that you have at least one number three or number four starter. Getting a veteran arm or two for the rotation would really take the heat off. That's what we had this season with Hamels and Hernandez before Hamels got hurt and Hernandez opted out, not to mention Folty falling off a cliff.

What is Melancon's contract situation?
ShaggyWolf
metcalfmafia said:

I agree on both points. Resigning Ozuna as long as we don't over pay. Personally, I don't think we will be able to match other offers he gets. It would be nice to get a starter for sure. The young guys showed a lot of promise in the playoffs but if they can replicate that over 162 remains to be seen. It will be interesting to see if we bring Hamels back. Even though he didn't pitch a lot, he got to work with our guys so maybe there was some chemistry created there. I know he and Soroka have been rehabbing together. I would love for us to sign Bauer to add to our rotation.
ShaggyWolf
Civilized said:

metcalfmafia said:

Yes to both being primary needs.

Anderson was awesome but a very small sample size. Unclear if he's actually ready to assume the role as our third starter on a week in week out basis. Kyle Wright and Bryce Wilson are even more speculative. I'd be almost certain that between the three of those kids that you have at least one number three or number four starter. Getting a veteran arm or two for the rotation would really take the heat off. That's what we had this season with Hamels and Hernandez before Hamels got hurt and Hernandez opted out, not to mention Folty falling off a cliff.

What is Melancon's contract situation?
I believe hs is a free agent. I'm not sure the contract status of most our bullpen which means AA may have to make the tough decision of throwing money back in the bullpen or at a starter. I must admit, it was awesome having one of the best bullpens in the league this year.
engineercoach
Melancon and Greene are both free agents. I would hope AA attempts to bring both back

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.