#Pack9 at BC (April 5th - April 7th) (Pack wins series 2-1) 29-4 (12-3 ACC)

28,700 Views | 230 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Glasswolf
DrummerboyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gost8 said:

He's all over the place. What about when he said something like - i looked down at my score sheet and missed a hbp then corrected himself saying butler was intentionally walked.
He's brutal. Runner was on second for BC last inning and he had a big jump to steal 3rd. Batter swings and fouls it off. Gary says the hit and run must have been on, but the batter had two strikes and had to swing. If he looks at it he's out.
DrummerboyWolf
Pop up to Edwards and we have one out and one on.
DrummerboyWolf
Infield bloop to the 3rd base side and it hits and stays fair. I missed a walk and now the bases are loaded. Grounder to Edwards and he throws to the plate for a force out. Umpires are conferring about something. 2 down if it sticks.
DrummerboyWolf
Runner called safe at home. Avent erupts out of the dugout. I have no idea what is going on. If that is the case it's 6-4 with the bases still loaded and one out.
DrummerboyWolf
Gary has no idea how to score the fielder's choice. He saying he's not sure if it's a hit or fielder's choice. Then he says it's not worthy of a base hit because the ball beat the runner.

Apparently Bailey bobbled the throw, but who knows????
DrummerboyWolf
Avent to the mound. New pitcher coming in.
Pack31
Omg. Outntindinnwr and watched us go up in top. Figured I'd check in and it would be a final. Ugh. Cmon guys. Need game 1!!!!
DrummerboyWolf
Silver coming in to pitch. Bases loaded, one out and the Pack up by 2.
wilmwolf
What on Earth?
wolfpack1437
Guess Feeney is actually hurt. I was afraid that was the case
wolfpack1437
Thank goodness. BC is such a pain in the ass
DrummerboyWolf
Soft line drive up the middle, Wilson grabs it off the bounce and he flips to Vasquez, then they catch the runner who was on second in a run down for a double play. Run scores but the Pack wins 6-5
PackFansXL
LOL on this crazy finish! Gary will be trying to explain it tomorrow. 6-5 Pack wins!
Glasswolf
Pack wins 6-5 on a game ending DP. I hate playing at BC
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

78wilsonpack
Whew
DrummerboyWolf
wolfpack1437 said:

Thank goodness. BC is such a pain in the ass
It's not pretty, but it still counts the same as a ten run win. We are N. C. State and cannot make it easy, but this team really doesn't care, they just get it done.
PackFansXL
I recommend we replace Gary with DBW. Outstanding job, sir!
wilmwolf
I didn't start listening till the 7th, did Klyman pitch? Trying to figure out why we wouldn't have brought him in the 9th.
DrummerboyWolf
PackFansXL said:

I recommend we replace Gary with DBW. Outstanding job, sir!
Thanks, but no. Baseball has to be the easiest at play by play because of the pace of the game. Gary is really struggling as is usually the case in everything. It's time to retire. Check that.
wilmwolf
PackFansXL said:

LOL on this crazy finish! Gary will be trying to explain it tomorrow. 6-5 Pack wins!

I hate to be too hard on Gary, and I know what he does isn't easy, but I had him synced with the video for the SC game, and he was just so very bad.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

I didn't start listening till the 7th, did Klyman pitch? Trying to figure out why we wouldn't have brought him in the 9th.
Klyman did not pitch. He did not look sharp last week, not sure if something is wrong with an injury or he just was not used.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

PackFansXL said:

I hate to be too hard on Gary, and I know what he does isn't easy, but I had him synced with the video for the SC game, and he was just so very bad.
He was so very bad with out any video.
wilmwolf
I agree, it is just when you can see what is actually happening versus what he says is happening, it makes it that much more obvious how wrong he is.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

I agree, it is just when you can see what is actually happening versus what he says is happening, it makes it that much more obvious how wrong he is.
Oh I am sure of that, but when he says the things he says and you just know they are wrong without seeing them happen it's really mind blowing. LOL
wolfpack1437
I don't mind Gary with Basketball and Football but his Baseball broadcasts are terrible. Too many things to keep up with and he gets confused
Wolfer79
Pack31
Shoooo....great to get this 1st win. Takes a little pressure of em.
Redwolf
Anybody know if this is televised outside of North Carolina ..on the west coast and can't find it on ACC network or ESPN channels
DrummerboyWolf
Redwolf said:

Anybody know if this is televised outside of North Carolina ..on the west coast and can't find it on ACC network or ESPN channels
Not televised anywhere I believe. You may get stuck listening to Gary tomorrow and Sunday. it won't be pleasant.
PackFansXL
DrummerboyWolf said:

Redwolf said:

Not televised anywhere I believe. You may get stuck listening to Gary tomorrow and Sunday. it won't be pleasant.
Check that. It's okay if the Pack wins. But I'm still not sure how to score that game. Haha
Redwolf
Ok thanks...
Wolfer79
Redwolf said:

Opponent: Boston College
Dates: Friday Sunday, April 5 - 7
Site: Harrington Athletics Village
Times: 4 p.m. (Fri.), 2 p.m. (Sat.), 1 p.m. (Sun.)
Radio: WKNC 88.1 FM
Live Stats

STARTING PITCHERS
Friday: RHP Jason Parker (NCSU) vs. LHP Dan Metzdorf (BC)
Saturday: RHP Reid Johnston (NCSU) vs. TBA (BC)
Sunday: TBA (NCSU) vs. RHP Mason Pelio (BC)

Story LinksOpponent: Boston College
Live Stats

Unfortunately, there will not be a live stream of this weekend's games, but radio coverage is available on WKNC 88.1 FM and on GoPack.com.

Redwolf
Wolfer79 said:

Redwolf said:

Opponent: Boston College
Live Stats

STARTING PITCHERS
Friday: RHP Jason Parker (NCSU) vs. LHP Dan Metzdorf (BC)
Saturday: RHP Reid Johnston (NCSU) vs. TBA (BC)
Sunday: TBA (NCSU) vs. RHP Mason Pelio (BC)

Story LinksOpponent: Boston College
Live Stats

Unfortunately, there will not be a live stream of this weekend's games, but radio coverage is available on WKNC 88.1 FM and on GoPack.com.

Thank you GoPack it is then...
EthanBarry
Staff
wolfpack1437 said:

Guess Feeney is actually hurt. I was afraid that was the case
What makes you say this? He started last Sunday, probably starts again this Sunday. If he doesn't pitch all weekend, then it's a concern
EthanBarry
Staff
That ninth inning is what makes baseball a love/hate sort of deal

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.