#Pack9 at BC (April 5th - April 7th) (Pack wins series 2-1) 29-4 (12-3 ACC)

28,243 Views | 230 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Glasswolf
CardiacPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any chance we get another game at Fenway? It looks like they announced their game there last year (FSU) in late January.

Wolfer79
Red Sox @ Diamondbacks that weekend, so possible
metcalfmafia
Fenway is a bucket list item for me. That would be a good opportunity.
PackFansXL
metcalfmafia said:

Fenway is a bucket list item for me. That would be a good opportunity.
I got to see Bates make his major league debut at Fenway the only time I've been. It's cool to sit in an iconic venue you've watched on TV many times.
Wolfer79
As of today, none of the NC State @ Boston College series is at Fenway that I can find.
wolfpack1437
Wolfer79 said:

As of today, none of the NC State @ Boston College series is at Fenway that I can find.
Or being covered by video
Wolfer79
wolfpack1437 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I saw Boston College softball and baseball moved I to a new facility this season called Harrington Vill6at Brighton Fields which is on Brighton campus. Since this is not on main campus, that is why I think video is not available. Looking at baseball and softball schedule, it looks like (edit) home games after April 26 have video.

Eagles are 14-13, 5-7 with games Tuesday and Wednesday before series with NC State.

Eagles in ACC
1-2 @ Louisville
1-2 @ Wake Forest
1-2 vs Clemson
2-1 @ Florida State
Glasswolf
I hate when we have to play at Boston college
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

89_Grad
clearly, they have one really good weekend starter. 2 of 3 at FSU is a real eye opener...this team better than I thought...
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
ScoobyWolf
Wolfer79 said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I saw Boston College softball and baseball moved I to a new facility this season called Harrington Vill6at Brighton Fields which is on Brighton campus. Since this is not on main campus, that is why I think video is not available. Looking at baseball and softball schedule, it looks like (edit) home games after April 26 have video.

Eagles are 14-13, 5-7 with games Tuesday and Wednesday before series with NC State.

Eagles in ACC
1-2 @ Louisville
1-2 @ Wake Forest
1-2 vs Clemson
2-1 @ Florida State
Our softball series with them this past weekend was televised...all 3 games
wolfpack1437
ScoobyWolf said:

Wolfer79 said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Eagles in ACC
1-2 @ Louisville
1-2 @ Wake Forest
1-2 vs Clemson
2-1 @ Florida State
Gopack.com doesn't have any TV listed and they have been spot-on all season (even listing Coastal's paid broadcast)
Wolfer79
ScoobyWolf said:

Wolfer79 said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Eagles in ACC
1-2 @ Louisville
1-2 @ Wake Forest
1-2 vs Clemson
2-1 @ Florida State

Thanks, I missed that at BC website
Buzz
The ACC Network guys were talking about BC during our 3rd game against UVA this weekend. They were giving them a lot of credit about being a tough, scrappy team that a lot of people overlook but are better than people think.

We will need to be focused and sharp this weekend to come away with a series win.
Wolfer79
NC State will travel to Boston College this weekend for a three-game series against the Eagles at Harrington Athletics Village. Friday's game is set for 4 p.m.
Wolfer79

Opponent: Boston College
Dates: Friday Sunday, April 5 - 7
Site: Harrington Athletics Village
Times: 4 p.m. (Fri.), 2 p.m. (Sat.), 1 p.m. (Sun.)
Radio: WKNC 88.1 FM
Live Stats

STARTING PITCHERS
Friday: RHP Jason Parker (NCSU) vs. LHP Dan Metzdorf (BC)
Saturday: RHP Reid Johnston (NCSU) vs. TBA (BC)
Sunday: TBA (NCSU) vs. RHP Mason Pelio (BC)

Story LinksOpponent: Boston College
Dates: Friday Sunday, April 5 - 7
Site: Harrington Athletics Village
Times: 4 p.m. (Fri.), 2 p.m. (Sat.), 1 p.m. (Sun.)
Radio: WKNC 88.1 FM
Live Stats

STARTING PITCHERS
Friday: RHP Jason Parker (NCSU) vs. LHP Dan Metzdorf (BC)
Saturday: RHP Reid Johnston (NCSU) vs. TBA (BC)
Sunday: TBA (NCSU) vs. RHP Mason Pelio (BC)

Team rankings reflect the highest for each team in the polls...NC State (#1 Collegiate Baseball Poll)

RALEIGH, N.C. The top-ranked NC State baseball team will head north this weekend, traveling to Boston College for an ACC road series. Friday's game is set for 4 p.m., while Saturday and Sunday's games are slated for 2 p.m. and 1 p.m., respectively, at Harrington Athletics Village.

Unfortunately, there will not be a live stream of this weekend's games, but radio coverage is available on WKNC 88.1 FM and on GoPack.com.

The Rundown on Boston College
- Boston College has played just seven games on its new field at Harrington Athletics Village, compiling a 3-4 record.
- The Eagles closed out their most recent ACC series in dominant fashion, earning an 8-0 shutout win at Florida State to clinch the series.
- It was the first time BC earned a road series win in conference play since sweeping Notre Dame (2017) and first series win over a ranked opponent on the road or at home since taking two of three at No. 22 Georgia Tech (2016).
- Boston College leads the ACC in stolen bases with 61, which ranks 15th in the nation.
- The Eagles are also strong defensively, as they lead the league in double plays turned with 26 on the year.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Pack31
Their new facilty indoor? Because looks like snow/rain headed that way
jwpack
Weather will be good for all 3 games. Will rain early AM tomorrow but not cause the game to be postponed.
wolfpack1437
Would be nice if the baseball social media person or someone on our radio broadcast crew streamed stationary video of the games from the press box (like they did a few years ago @VT)
Wolfer79
wolfpack1437 said:

Would be nice if the baseball social media person or someone on our radio broadcast crew streamed stationary video of the games from the press box (like they did a few years ago @VT)

The baseball Sports Information person left for another job after the South Carolina game and the baseball website does not indicate a replacement. My guess is only the radio person,Hahn or Haynes went since it was a flight and not a bus trip
PackFansXL
Wolfer79 said:

wolfpack1437 said:

The baseball Sports Information person left for another job after the South Carolina game and the baseball website does not indicate a replacement. My guess is only the radio person,Hahn or Haynes went since it was a flight and not a bus trip
Sounds like your opportunity has arrived, Wolfer. Wolfer updates from the games would be epic!
Wolfer79
PackFansXL said:

Wolfer79 said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Sounds like your opportunity has arrived, Wolfer. Wolfer updates from the games would be epic!

WolferTV?
PackFansXL
Wolfer79 said:

PackFansXL said:

Wolfer79 said:

wolfpack1437 said:

WolferTV?
LOL, now you're on to something!
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
DrummerboyWolf
Just tuning in, going to the top of the 4th Pack 2, BC 0
DrummerboyWolf
Pack gets a runner on by walk in the 4th but strands him. 2-0 Good Guys going to the bottom of the 4th.
DrummerboyWolf
Eagles lead off with a double, but can only get him to third. Top of the 5th and the Pack still leads 2-0.
DrummerboyWolf
After one out, Will Wilson hits one in the gap in left center and he turns it into a triple. Runner on 3rd with Bailey up. Bailey hits a screamer right to the 3rd basemen and is thrown out at first. Edwards at the plate with two down. Ball gets away from the catcher and Wilson is thrown out at the plate. No runs for the Pack and it's still 2-0 half way through.
DrummerboyWolf
BC leads off with a single up the middle. Second batter tries to bunt him over and with two strikes bunts it up the first base line, but it goes foul. One down runner on first.

Slow roller to Vasquez at second and he gets the force at second. Two down runner on first. Runner steals second on the 1-1 count and makes it. Grounder to Vasquez to end the inning. Parker has a shut out going through 5. 2-0 Pack.
DrummerboyWolf
Edwards grounds out the second baseman, 1 out.

McDonough strikes out looking. Two down.

Debo walks on a full count. Vazques strikes out swinging. Going to the bottom of the 6th 2-0 Pack leads
DrummerboyWolf
Eagles first batter in the 6th flies out to Butler in left.

Two pitches two outs, Another fly ball to Butler. 2 down.

Full count on the batter and Parker jams him and hits him on the hand. Runner on first two down. 44 degrees and getting hit is not fun.

Batter tries to bunt for a base hit, but Parker picks it up and gets the out at first. Top of the 7th still 2-0 Wolfpack.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.