Obvious question...What's with the number 87?

487 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by HaydenPerez
Spuds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's so many NC State shirts out there with the number 87 on them...why? As a long-time, diehard State fan I'm sure I should know the answer, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Can someone state what's probably obvious so I can move onto other unknowns in life.
GuerrillaPack
North Carolina State University is a Land Grant Institution founded in 1887

Quote:

Under considerable pressure and not without controversy, the General Assembly passed the act which authorized the establishment of the North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts on March 7, 1887.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Wolfer79
I40Wolf
Spuds said:

There's so many NC State shirts out there with the number 87 on them...why? As a long-time, diehard State fan I'm sure I should know the answer, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Can someone state what's probably obvious so I can move onto other unknowns in life.
LOL,I am glad you asked the question. I was in the Red & White shop a couple weeks ago and there seemed to be racks of them.
Spuds
Now I can put that question to bed…thanks
HaydenPerez
The number 87 on NC State shirts is commonly associated with the late, great football player Darryl McPherson. He played as a wide receiver for the Wolfpack and is remembered for his contributions to the team during the late 1980s. His legacy has made the number iconic among NC State fans. If you're seeing a lot of shirts with that number, it's likely a tribute to McPherson and his impact on the program. It's a great piece of NC State history to celebrate! As a student juggling multiple subjects, I often need help with assignments. I came across https://ukwritings.com/assignment-help ukwritings when searching online, and I'm so glad I did! Their assignment help service is excellent. The writers are professional and really know their stuff. I ordered help for my biology assignment, and the quality was top-notch. I learned a lot from their work, and I'll be using them again for my future assignments!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.