Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,145 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wendell moore jr did a interview about ncsu and the fbi probe
PicklePacker
LebaneseCedarMaronite777 said:

Wendell moore jr did a interview about ncsu and the fbi probe
Link?
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/college/article211663519.html#storylink=rss
twentytoe
Thanks
Da Pack since 75.
PicklePacker
Doesn't sound concerned. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this will be KK's first huge commitment. I get a vibe the Moore really likes Keatts.
TheStorm
Can you summarize for those of us that don't like to play videos at the office?

Note: saw another link a little below that one, showing former Tarheel Elijah Hood now with the Panthers... the more things change, the more things stay the same... isn't it about time that the Hornets sign Hansbrough to some type of created front office position where he can just come in and put his feet up on his desk for the day and play video games or something?
CLTWolf
TheStorm said:

Note: saw another link a little below that one, showing former Tarheel Elijah Hood now with the Panthers... the more things change, the more things stay the same... isn't it about time that the Hornets sign Hansbrough to some type of created front office position where he can just come in and put his feet up on his desk for the day and play video games or something?

The Panthers signed a kid from Charlotte that may not even make the team....THE HORROR!
TheStorm
CLTWolf said:

TheStorm said:

The Panthers signed a kid from Charlotte that may not even make the team....THE HORROR!
LOL. Well at least I got one of the two responses from one of the two posters I was expecting it from. Did I tee it up high enough for you there?
CLTWolf
TheStorm said:

CLTWolf said:

TheStorm said:

LOL. Well at least I got one of the two responses from one of the two posters I was expecting it from. Did I tee it up high enough for you there?

I see what you did and love it. I'm obviously not one of those people who think a message board is some sacred cow above innocent **** talking back and forth. I can take it just as much as I give it. I'm currently sitting at a stoplight across from the stadium taking one of my kids to school and I'm so glad I have an NFL team to pull for in my town. Hell, I hope Hood turns out to be the next Arian Foster and is a stud. I don't give a tinkers damn where a kid went to school when it comes to the NFL.

Go State! Lol
Amphibious
CLTWolf said:

TheStorm said:

CLTWolf said:

TheStorm said:

I see what you did and love it. I'm obviously not one of those people who think a message board is some sacred cow above innocent **** talking back and forth. I can take it just as much as I give it. I'm currently sitting at a stoplight across from the stadium taking one of my kids to school and I'm so glad I have an NFL team to pull for in my town. Hell, I hope Hood turns out to be the next Arian Foster and is a stud. I don't give a tinkers damn where a kid went to school when it comes to the NFL.

Go State! Lol
So you want a UNC success story?
Dunlow66
I know I have let stuff go on this thread in the past that maybe should have been 'moderated' a bit. I dont like it when mods shut down the exchange of opinions in most cases, but this particular thread is going to be used for basketball recruiting and all other exchanges will be deleted if the 'back and forth' over non-recruiting issues/concerns continues to devolve as it has in the last few weeks

This is the most viewed thread on this site and one that brings new readers and posters to the site.

James has worked his ass off to make this different. Lets respect that or a more 'heavy handed' approach to moderation will be implemented.
CLTWolf
Amphibious said:

CLTWolf said:

TheStorm said:

CLTWolf said:

TheStorm said:

Go State! Lol
So you want a UNC success story?

No, don't be so obtuse.

And you call other State grads morons. Start a new thread on the correct board and we can discuss all you want
TheStorm
dunlow, I agree fully, and I apologize (would have been OK if it was actually recruiting related smack but it isn't)

Please delete my posts for me. Thanks!
CLTWolf
TheStorm said:

dunlow, I agree fully, and I apologize (would have been OK if it was actually recruiting related smack but it isn't)

Please delete my posts for me. Thanks!

I sent him a DM asking him to do the same. I didn't realize where you posted this or I would've ignored. I enjoy the smack talk with Storm, he's good people.
nryanh94
I know a lot of people keep asking about Lecque, and I saw this article on TOS:

Interesting coming from a UK insider: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aseaofblue.com/platform/amp/2018/5/22/17377112/uk-basketball-recruiting-wildcats-jalen-lecque-tennessee-vols
PicklePacker
nryanh94 said:

Interesting coming from a UK insider: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aseaofblue.com/platform/amp/2018/5/22/17377112/uk-basketball-recruiting-wildcats-jalen-lecque-tennessee-vols
What position will Lecque play in college?
nryanh94
PicklePacker said:

nryanh94 said:

He's a CG, think DSJ. He might not have as natural of a feel for the game as Dennis has, but he's just as athletic and as good of a scorer, longer than Dennis is too
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

PicklePacker said:

nryanh94 said:

He's a CG, think DSJ. He might not have as natural of a feel for the game as Dennis has, but he's just as athletic and as good of a scorer, longer than Dennis is too
And 40k cheaper(hopefully)

If thats the case then this guy is a stud. I always thought Dennis had a natural feel but his Bball IQ didn't always meet his natural talent. If you break down his ego and build up his IQ then you get the best PG in basketball. Thats why Rick Carlisle is the perfect coach for him.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

PicklePacker said:

nryanh94 said:

And 40k cheaper(hopefully)

If thats the case then this guy is a stud. I always thought Dennis had a natural feel but his Bball IQ didn't always meet his natural talent. If you break down his ego and build up his IQ then you get the best PG in basketball. Thats why Rick Carlisle is the perfect coach for him.

I disagree with that, Dennis had a very high basketball iq, and Rick Carlisle has given him major props on it (usually doesn't speak highly of rookies. I think it was more how he was used by our former staff. But with that said I think Lecque could be special, he's got as much explosiveness as Dennis but is an inch or 2 taller and has a longer reach
Dunlow66
If Keatts could somehow convince Lecque and Wendell Moore to wear the red and white........................

Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

nryanh94 said:

I see him as a ball dominant PG in the NBA....but a 2 guard in college. Think Braxton Beverly with a lot better defense and ability to get to the rim. He has elite athleticism and NBA ability in the lane, with the ball in his hands.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

If Keatts could somehow convince Lecque and Wendell Moore to wear the red and white........................

What're your thoughts on Lecque? I've felt like he was a UK lean for awhile, but seems otherwise now
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

What're your thoughts on Lecque? I've felt like he was a UK lean for awhile, but seems otherwise now
In all honesty...I will believe he plays for NCSU when he commits. I expect another blue blood will swoop in and snatch him up if he doesnt go to UK. Kansas seems to excell at doing this to us
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

PicklePacker said:

nryanh94 said:

I see him as a ball dominant PG in the NBA....but a 2 guard in college. Think Braxton Beverly with a lot better defense and ability to get to the rim. He has elite athleticism and NBA ability in the lane, with the ball in his hands.
Name a more perfect player for KK lol

I'll be pretty annoyed if he goes to Tennessee. I just don't get how Barnes gets so much love from recruits.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Kansas seems to excell at doing this to us

Yep, add him to the list of Newman, Graham, and McCormack.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
metcalfmafia
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

PicklePacker said:

nryanh94 said:

I'll be pretty annoyed if he goes to Tennessee. I just don't get how Barnes gets so much love from recruits.
Because the guy coached Kevin Durant and Lamarcus Aldridge to start.
WolfpackSI
metcalfmafia said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

PicklePacker said:

nryanh94 said:

Dude has been coaching at big time programs for like 30+ years and has only put a handful of players on the NBA. Those two are the most significant. Never really made noise in the NCAA....mostly 1st/2nd round exits. Hes so overrated imo
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
PicklePacker
Screw Kansas. I bet Keatts evens things out a little bit.
CLTWolf
WolfpackSI said:

metcalfmafia said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

PicklePacker said:

nryanh94 said:

Dude has been coaching at big time programs for like 30+ years and has only put a handful of players on the NBA. Those two are the most significant. Never really made noise in the NCAA....mostly 1st/2nd round exits. Hes so overrated imo
I counted up 17 players that played for Barnes at Texas and that doesn't count the guys from Providence and Clemson as well. What constitutes a "handful"?

Not sure how you can call him overrated when he's won games everywhere he's coached. If our coach had the same resume as Barnes (a couple elite 8's, a FF appearance, 3 or 4 first place finishes in conference) you'd probably get mad if someone called him overrated. Especially if he was about to have your team preseason top 5 after winning 26 games the previous season.

Also, what big time programs has he been coaching at for 30 plus years? Providence? Clemson? You mean Texas? Texas wasn't big time when he took over. Do some research.
nryanh94
Barnes is top 10 in active coaches for putting guys in the league, has almost as many as Izzo
PicklePacker
Mark Gottfried put DSJ and TJW in the league FWIW. I could've done the same.
Dunlow66
Barnes also pulled Tennessee from a deep pile of you know what after their last coach Gotted the program.
camelwolf
Is there anyone that we're actually in good with/ the leader for?
WOLFDAC
Well, let's just say that things are very fluid right now, but I've been told everything is happening for a reason...the Nickelberry L'Ville lean and the Bey decommitt. There are forces...and you'd be ignorant to think otherwise, that are using the FBI probe against us. That being said...my camp say's...we'll see who has the last laugh when this recruiting cycle is over...honestly, I don't know what to believe right now...but I'm going to trust KK on this.
WolfPacker54
WOLFDAC said:

Well, let's just say that things are very fluid right now, but I've been told everything is happening for a reason...the Nickelberry L'Ville lean and the Bey decommitt. There are forces...and you'd be ignorant to think otherwise, that are using the FBI probe against us. That being said...my camp say's...we'll see who has the last laugh when this recruiting cycle is over...honestly, I don't know what to believe right now...but I'm going to trust KK on this.

Wait, wait, wait... LOUISVILLE is trying to use the FBI probe to recruit against us? What???
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.