Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,782 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
WOLFDAC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...L'Ville...Davidson...Wofford...Furman...Queens College....
nryanh94
WOLFDAC said:

Well, let's just say that things are very fluid right now, but I've been told everything is happening for a reason...the Nickelberry L'Ville lean and the Bey decommitt. There are forces...and you'd be ignorant to think otherwise, that are using the FBI probe against us. That being said...my camp say's...we'll see who has the last laugh when this recruiting cycle is over...honestly, I don't know what to believe right now...but I'm going to trust KK on this.
That doesn't sound overly promising, bummer. Nothing we can really do, but trust Keatts
Dunlow66
WolfPacker54 said:

WOLFDAC said:

Well, let's just say that things are very fluid right now, but I've been told everything is happening for a reason...the Nickelberry L'Ville lean and the Bey decommitt. There are forces...and you'd be ignorant to think otherwise, that are using the FBI probe against us. That being said...my camp say's...we'll see who has the last laugh when this recruiting cycle is over...honestly, I don't know what to believe right now...but I'm going to trust KK on this.

Wait, wait, wait... LOUISVILLE is trying to use the FBI probe to recruit against us? What???
Not sure Louisville is...but other programs may be whispering into the ear of certain recruits and AAU coaching staffs
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

WOLFDAC said:

Wait, wait, wait... LOUISVILLE is trying to use the FBI probe to recruit against us? What???
Not sure Louisville is...but other programs may be whispering into the ear of certain recruits and AAU coaching staffs
Mark Gottfried is just the gift that keeps giving.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

WOLFDAC said:

That doesn't sound overly promising, bummer. Nothing we can really do, but trust Keatts
I think we have wings rated ahead of Nickelberry...and he knows it.
RDUwolfpack
Yeah this is all speculation. KK could have a wing he likes better than Nickelberry. I could see the FBI thing working with other schools but not UL. Are you kidding me? We paid a kid like every other P5 school in America. They paid prostitutes to sleep with recruits. I think we're just fine relative to them.
Struttingwolf96
I am not even gonna worry about that ncaa mess like that, bunch of u know what. Let's go get the kids who want to be here & a lot of the young players seem to really like Keatts. First, I think Bey, who seemed to be a great young man, saw the guys in front of him in the rotation this year & saw who the staff was trying to bring in next year, 2019 & wanted no part of it, say what you will, but Keatts is bringing in some deep roster talent we haven't seen in a while. With Nickleberry it would be great to get him, but there are dozen of other kids just as talented as him or better that might have State higher up on their list. We should be fine, I trust Keatts' decision making. What the team & Keatts need 2 do is go ahead & make an ACC championship, final 4, ncaa championship run this year coming up & just use that to bring kids in & shut other schools up if they are trying to use some shady tactics against State. Kids are gonna want to go to a school like that, winning & a good coach brings in talent.
FergusWolf
I agree completely. Undefeated season culiminating in ACC and National Championships this year would show everyone who was boss.

Go get'em pack!

WOLFDAC
Yes, L'Ville is not what I meant in regards to the FBI probe...this is the best way I can describe what my camp is led to believe. Player A is here and ready to wear the R & W...he hears about interest in Player B and Player B's interest in State...doesn't like the info he's gleaned from all this...this info also trickles down to Player C who's main focus is a lot of PT right out of the gates and doesn't know if that's really a possibility with what Keatts is trying to put together.
Which leads us to the here and now and the great unknown of the 17-18 year old mindset as it relates to recruiting.
nryanh94
WOLFDAC said:

Yes, L'Ville is not what I meant in regards to the FBI probe...this is the best way I can describe what my camp is led to believe. Player A is here and ready to wear the R & W...he hears about interest in Player B and Player B's interest in State...doesn't like the info he's gleaned from all this...this info also trickles down to Player C who's main focus is a lot of PT right out of the gates and doesn't know if that's really a possibility with what Keatts is trying to put together.
Which leads us to the here and now and the great unknown of the 17-18 year old mindset as it relates to recruiting.

So basically we just better hope for player B
PicklePacker
But isn't that the same situation at every school?
WOLFDAC
Yes...I'd say it is, I was just relaying what I've been asking questions about.
WolfpackSI
WOLFDAC said:

Wait, is Player A someone thats already on the roster?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WOLFDAC
The correct word would be...was...or would have been.
WolfpackSI
WOLFDAC said:

The correct word would be...was...or would have been.
Ahh gotcha!
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
wolverinepack20
I honestly don't worry about recruiting as much as I did with Gott. You knew with Gott that if the player was not developed coming in, there's a good chance their performance would plateau and then they'd transfer because Gott and co. didn't know how to develop them.

OTOH you see Coach Keatts and his staff and what he did for Yurtseven, Markell, Dorn, etc in 1 year, that goes to show you he knows what he's doing. Give me some malleable, athletic high 3-4 stars/proven grad transfers like Daniels, Bryce, Walker.. and I truly think he'll achieve everything we want him to at NC State.
WolfpackSI
Dun, DAC, Glass

What are you guys hearing about Torin? I see all these kids returning to school and its starting to worry me lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
RyanMB
WolfpackSI said:

Dun, DAC, Glass

What are you guys hearing about Torin? I see all these kids returning to school and its starting to worry me lol
It has just come out that he is returning.
NatePait94
YEEEEEEHAAAWWWWWWW
PicklePacker
FWIW hearing that the Pack has formed a really good relationship with Wendell Moore. I feel like we are in this
more than some think.
WolfpackSI
PicklePacker said:

FWIW hearing that the Pack has formed a really good relationship with Wendell Moore. I feel like we are in this
more than some think.
My guess from what DAC was saying a few days ago is the interest from Wendell is what caused Bey to decommit and what is causing Nickleberry to look so hard at L'ville.

Getting Wendell would be a huge win for NC State because both Duke and UNC clearly want this guy. It would be the first win going head to head against both schools in a long time.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
wolfpackfan00
Nickelberry just committed to Louisville
Amphibious
welp.
Thunderhill
wolfpackfan00 said:

Rather have Dimegrape anyway...
WolfpackSI
wolfpackfan00 said:

Pretty pissed about this to be honest. Really hate seeing such a good player that was all but committed to us leave the state. I really hope it works out for us in the end.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
Thunderhill said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Rather have Dimegrape anyway...
who?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
Nickelberry is actively recruiting Withers to L'ville. Apparently, this Mack guy is gonna be a pain in our ass.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
PackFansXL
Dime > Nickel, Grape >Berry
WolfpackSI
PackFansXL said:

Dime > Nickel, Grape >Berry
hahahha wow that went straight over my head.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
Friends i know around him said things changed completely when he realized Louisville problems are "over" and ncsu are "starting"

Tbh Im sorry guys.this was one of the package deal...BUT A LOT OF HIS FRIENDS CLOSE TO HIM THINK HE WILL DECOMITT IN DECEMBER AFTER THE SIGNING THING
WolfPacker54
LebaneseCedarMaronite777 said:

Friends i know around him said things changed completely when he realized Louisville problems are "over" and ncsu are "starting"

Tbh Im sorry guys.this was one of the package deal...BUT A LOT OF HIS FRIENDS CLOSE TO HIM THINK HE WILL DECOMITT IN DECEMBER AFTER THE SIGNING THING
HAHAHA if anything Louisville is more likely to be penalized while he is there. Not sure the NCAA is gonna come down on us when all is said and done. Which could be YEARS away.
nryanh94
LebaneseCedarMaronite777 said:

That has nothing to do with it, Josh has always wanted to go somewhere that he will get a ton of playing time immediately/ be a likely starter. (Mack promised him that, Keatts couldn't)

Josh also wanted to play for what he considers a top program, guess he didn't view state in the same light as UofL
RowanWolf
Hate losing Nickleberry, but if it frees up a spot for Springer next year, it will have been worth it.
Amphibious
Louisville is a ****hole. Cant understand why anyone would want to live there.
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Nickelberry is actively recruiting Withers to L'ville. Apparently, this Mack guy is gonna be a pain in our ass.

We weren't getting withers either way, and think the staff has kinda backed off knowing that
First Page Last Page
Page 72 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.