Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,197,922 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
PicklePacker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just saw that Siddle just started following Juwan Gary on twitter. SF from Columbia SC. Class of 19'. Could be old news. Just thought I'd share.
Packfan8
So what is the staff up to, are they contacting any grad transfers or just focusing on 2019
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

So what is the staff up to, are they contacting any grad transfers or just focusing on 2019

Currently in a dead period
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

2018 UConn decommit Emmitt Matthews Jr has gotten his release. We may pursue
wolfpackfan00
PackHawk0619
wolfpackfan00 said:

Perhaps a silly question - in these cases do our coaches see transfers and reach out to the player, or does the player reach out to schools?

I suppose a process question more than anything else. With so many transfers available it seems as if it could go either way.
wolfpackfan00
nryanh94
wolfpackfan00 said:

Interesting that the 2 guys that we know we've reached out to at this point are both guards.
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Interesting that the 2 guys that we know we've reached out to at this point are both guards.
Well one is a traditional transfer and one is a GT
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
NatePait94
WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

What is the difference between Texas A&M Corpus Christi and Texas A&M?
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Daly from Delaware isnt a PG.
Also reached out to a JUCO big and a SG from Boston U.

I think we are looking at anybody who can play a little D and at least be a threat from 3 point land.
Struttingwolf96
Do you know the name of the juco big man & the other kid from Boston U, dont know his name either is a grad. or traditional transfer?
CLTWolf
NatePait94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

What is the difference between Texas A&M Corpus Christi and Texas A&M?
One is in Corpus Christi and the other isn't...................

J/K. Texas AM Corpus Christi is part of the Texas AM University System (think uncg, uncw, etc)
NatePait94
I just found it odd that Texas A&M was listed as one of the schools that he had heard from
CLTWolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

Do you know the name of the juco big man & the other kid from Boston U, dont know his name either is a grad. or traditional transfer?
I've seen this name a couple times...Mohamed Thiam. Don't know much about him other than he plays for Marshalltown CC. He's listed on their website as 6'8 200 so kinda skinny.

The kid from BU is Cheddi Mosely and he's listed on the BU website as 6'3 190. I believe Mosely is a grad transfer.
CLTWolf
NatePait94 said:

I just found it odd that Texas A&M was listed as one of the schools that he had heard from
I don't know if you saw what I had written at the bottom but they're different schools so it isn't that odd.
Wolf74
CLTWolf said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

I've seen this name a couple times...Mohamed Thiam. Don't know much about him other than he plays for Marshalltown CC. He's listed on their website as 6'8 200 so kinda skinny.

The kid from BU is Cheddi Mosely and he's listed on the BU website as 6'3 190. I believe Mosely is a grad transfer.
jucorecruiting.com currently lists Mohamed Thiam as the #6 2018 juco player. He is just behind Derek Funderburke who they list as the #4 player.

Windel Mitchell (6'4" SG) is their #1 player and I believe we have been in contact with him - as are many other schools.
NatePait94
Ah, I gotcha
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Struttingwolf96
Ok, thanks CLTWolf.
WolfpackSI
Yea Texas A&M is one of the state school systems in Texas. The "flagship" school is in College Station and the one we all know as TAMU
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
PackFansXL
Quote:

Thirty-five (35) separate and distinct public universities exist in Texas, of which 31 belong to one of the six state university systems. Discovery of minerals on Permanent University Fund land, particularly oil, has helped fund the rapid growth of the state's two largest university systems: The University of Texas System and the Texas A&M System. The four other university systems: the University of Houston System, the University of North Texas System, the Texas State System, and the Texas Tech System are not funded by the Permanent University Fund.
RIPHarrelsonHall

1985 NCSU Grad
Mohamed Thiam Named 1st Team All-Region
ScoobyWolf
Aaron TorresVerified account @Aaron_Torres 26m26 minutes ago
More

Add NC State to the list of schools, that has been in touch with DePaul transfer Brandon Cyrus. Previously told me that LSU, Nevada, Vanderbilt, UCSB and a few others had reached out.
Wolfblood
Hey Dunlow, have you heard anything lately on Trey McGowens? Any word on whether he is 2018 or 2019? I know Clemson was pushing hard at one time. Any interest left for the Pack?
Dunlow66
Wolfblood said:

Hey Dunlow, have you heard anything lately on Trey McGowens? Any word on whether he is 2018 or 2019? I know Clemson was pushing hard at one time. Any interest left for the Pack?
I think that ship has sailed......and losing AW likely ended our chances altogether
Westwolf
Dunlow, are we set along the front court for next year? I know the new trio is talented, but man, they are all freshman. Not doubting KK, but I assumed when he mutually parted with Y7 that he might have had a post transfer already lined up.
Your thoughts?
RDUwolfpack
Westwolf said:

Dunlow, are we set along the front court for next year? I know the new trio is talented, but man, they are all freshman. Not doubting KK, but I assumed when he mutually parted with Y7 that he might have had a post transfer already lined up.
Your thoughts?

Can we stop the "mutual" narrative/spin. Y7 left on his own to pursue the pros. Keatts would have never turned down a 7 footer with his skill set regardless of scheme. Come on...Keatts didn't have a transfer lined up. Y7 >>>>>> than any transfer coming in next year
Dunlow66
Westwolf said:

Your thoughts?
Not lined up.....but I do think the staff wanted to be able to assess potential targets and have legit PT to offer as a recruiting tool instead of some 'maybes'
WolfpackSI
RDUpackfan said:

Westwolf said:

Your thoughts?

Can we stop the "mutual" narrative/spin. Y7 left on his own to pursue the pros. Keatts would have never turned down a 7 footer with his skill set regardless of scheme. Come on...Keatts didn't have a transfer lined up. Y7 >>>>>> than any transfer coming in next year
Offensively Yurtseven is a great player and better than anyone that we could bring in but he was a liability on defense and rebounding. Our interior defense was atrocious because Yurt and Lennard were too slow and lord knows where Abu's head was at all year. I think KK made it clear that he wasn't going to adjust his system for Yurt again and both thought it was best for him to move on. Its entirely possible that it was a mutual break.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
RDUwolfpack
WolfpackSI said:

RDUpackfan said:

Westwolf said:

Your thoughts?

Offensively Yurtseven is a great player and better than anyone that we could bring in but he was a liability on defense and rebounding. Our interior defense was atrocious because Yurt and Lennard were too slow and lord knows where Abu's head was at all year. I think KK made it clear that he wasn't going to adjust his system for Yurt again and both thought it was best for him to move on. Its entirely possible that it was a mutual break.
James has said otherwise several times. I trust him.
RDUwolfpack
Didn't realize this forum was in the free section. Please delete my portion.
mcdohert
https://sportswtbu.com/2018/04/05/mens-basketball-what-will-the-program-that-lands-cheddi-mosely-be-getting/
TheEagle
Are we chasing 6'10" Trey Porter from Old Dominion?
Dunlow66
TheEagle said:

Are we chasing 6'10" Trey Porter from Old Dominion?
A lot of teams are after him. Have not heard our name mentioned yet, but we did do a thread on him over on the premium side. Intriguing kid.
First Page Last Page
Page 59 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.