Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,396 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
williewolf said:

Packfan8 said:

I would think Thomas Carr would get the bump up from director of basketball operations, I know he was an assistant on the uncw staff so it would make sense
perhaps; but AW was hired into the 3rd asst spot instead of Carr last year so maybe KK wants him to season a bit in the ops job and looks to hire another recruiter with current close high school connections
Yea this is what I am thinking. I think we really need someone with good connections to the high school level. I was thinking the new guy at Hargrave that took over for AW but he seems pretty young and needs a few years at the high school level.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
williewolf said:

Packfan8 said:

I would think Thomas Carr would get the bump up from director of basketball operations, I know he was an assistant on the uncw staff so it would make sense
perhaps; but AW was hired into the 3rd asst spot instead of Carr last year so maybe KK wants him to season a bit in the ops job and looks to hire another recruiter with current close high school connections
Be very surprised if it isnt Carr. Keatts had his heart set on AW and fought very hard to get him on staff. Carr has spent a year learning the ropes and has made a lot of postive impressions.
1989Pack
Seems like Drake Thomas is getting offered by just about everyone now. Some of the big boys are offering too. Anyone know if we are still in good shape with him? Hope his brother can help us reel him in.
nryanh94
1989Pack said:

Seems like Drake Thomas is getting offered by just about everyone now. Some of the big boys are offering too. Anyone know if we are still in good shape with him? Hope his brother can help us reel him in.

Wrong recruiting thread
WolfpackSI
1989Pack said:

How is his shooting?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
NC State looking at Ayden/Grifton 2020 Josiah Shackleford. 6'9 PF
Thunderhill
Dunlow66 said:

Dun, you know many will want to know (myself included) if he is related to Charles..?
MadDog
Dunlow66 said:

2019?
nryanh94
Thunderhill said:

Dunlow66 said:

Dun, you know many will want to know (myself included) if he is related to Charles..?

Think both of Charles' boys played football instead of basketball. May be a nephew/cousin though.
RowanWolf
I really, really hope we are taking a long, hard look at Jaelyn Withers. He's starting to rack up P5 offers, but he doesn't have one from us. He's fringe top 100 right now, but don't be surprised to seem him climb. In the face, he could pass for a 14 year old, which might mean he's still growing. His dad, Curtis, was an absolute stud for Bobby Lutz at Charlotte. If he becomes anything like Curtis, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I'd hate for this to turn into another Gary Clark scenario. We pass on a young man that absolutely dominates the NC 4A ranks and he goes on to have a stellar career elsewhere and we're left wondering what might have been.
CLTWolf
RowanWolf said:

I really, really hope we are taking a long, hard look at Jaelyn Withers. He's starting to rack up P5 offers, but he doesn't have one from us. He's fringe top 100 right now, but don't be surprised to seem him climb. In the face, he could pass for a 14 year old, which might mean he's still growing. His dad, Curtis, was an absolute stud for Bobby Lutz at Charlotte. If he becomes anything like Curtis, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I'd hate for this to turn into another Gary Clark scenario. We pass on a young man that absolutely dominates the NC 4A ranks and he goes on to have a stellar career elsewhere and we're left wondering what might have been.

1. He does have an offer from us
2. So did Gary Clark

Back when this staff first got hired and hit the road 'crootin they offered Withers and Patrick Williams from here in Charlotte.
RowanWolf
Good to hear he has an offer. This site does not show him with an offer. The 247 site, however, does.

The jury's out on how much of an offer Clark ever had from Gott. He may have had a conditional offer. Gott certainly never made him a priority. But, that's water over the dam now anyway.
warlords86
Water over the dam what?
Packfan8
Any news on Batts or any possible grad transfefs, usually around this time I start seeing our name come up but I haven't yet
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Any news on Batts or any possible grad transfefs, usually around this time I start seeing our name come up but I haven't yet
Batts likely gone

here is one name to surface

https://sportswtbu.com/2018/03/26/mens-basketball-cheddi-mosely-to-transfer-from-bu/
Dunlow66
Wyatt Walker of Samford has also popped up. BIg man who is a Post Grad, but has two years of eligibility left.
williewolf
RowanWolf said:

speaking of north meck........ are we involved with the soph guard yet? Maxwell
RowanWolf
I don't know. But, I hope so. He is really good. Another good reason to make a strong push for Jaelyn. Some may not know and take it for what it's worth. But N Meck beat Cox Mill (with Leaky Black and Wendell Moore) in a preseason scrimmage last Fall. Those N Meck kids are the real deal.
CLTWolf
RowanWolf said:

I don't know. But, I hope so. He is really good. Another good reason to make a strong push for Jaelyn. Some may not know and take it for what it's worth. But N Meck beat Cox Mill (with Leaky Black and Wendell Moore) in a preseason scrimmage last Fall. Those N Meck kids are the real deal.
North Meck's coach is a huge NC State fan so if they want to visit he'll help them out however he can to get them to Raleigh.

Pretty sure Tristan Maxwell has an offer as well. I want to say we were one of the first, if not the first high major offer he's gotten.
nryanh94
Evan Bordeaux would be interesting was commited to Xavier but has reopened. Has 2 years left. Averaged 17.6 and 9.5 reb in 2 years at Dartmouth

Imagine Louisville has the inside track if they want him
nryanh94
Chris Mack has started off fast making multiple offers including to a few players we've been recruiting:

Hagans, Lecque, Nickleberry

Will be interesting to see how he does with the Louisville name behind him.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Chris Mack has started off fast making multiple offers including to a few players we've been recruiting:

Hagans, Lecque, Nickleberry

Will be interesting to see how he does with the Louisville name behind him.
Greg Gantt just offered by Louisville.
nryanh94
I know Nickelberry was high on Xavier, with our depth at guard for next year Louisville seems like a team to watch in his recruitment
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

I know Nickelberry was high on Xavier, with our depth at guard for next year Louisville seems like a team to watch in his recruitment
New Louisville staff has reaffirmed that offer. They definitely want Josh
williewolf
CLTWolf said:

RowanWolf said:

North Meck's coach is a huge NC State fan so if they want to visit he'll help them out however he can to get them to Raleigh.

Pretty sure Tristan Maxwell has an offer as well. I want to say we were one of the first, if not the first high major offer he's gotten.
wasn't it florida where his dad played?
williewolf
RowanWolf said:

yep - - remember hearing about that scrimmage from some cox mill kids.

actually there is a third cox mill player that is pretty decent but perhaps not acc level.......his dad was very good player at Duke - Chris Carrawell
WolfpackSI
so whats the hold up with Batts? Is there still a possibility that he stays?

I would really like to see him stay. I think everyone here will agree that he has a ton of potential if he works on his offensive game.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TheCapper
Trey Porter from ODU is intriguing. 6-10 big man out of Virginia (immediately available).
WolfpackSI
TheCapper said:

Trey Porter from ODU is intriguing. 6-10 big man out of Virginia (immediately available).
They can pay us back for Deshawn Painter
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
RowanWolf
williewolf said:

RowanWolf said:

actually there is a third cox mill player that is pretty decent but perhaps not acc level.......his dad was very good player at Duke - Chris Carrawell
I've seen Cox Mill play a few times. The Carrawell kid is good. Probably more low D1 level. They have a couple more kids that could play DII. That was as loaded a public school high school team as I've ever seen. More to how impressive the N Meck win was.
williewolf
RowanWolf said:

williewolf said:

RowanWolf said:

I've seen Cox Mill play a few times. The Carrawell kid is good. Probably more low D1 level. They have a couple more kids that could play DII. That was as loaded a public school high school team as I've ever seen. More to how impressive the N Meck win was.
just saw where chris carrawell is getting the open spot on duke staff from capel departure ............interesting from a wendell recruiting perspective; i would assume carrawell sr can go watch son play/practice regardless of "recruiting windows" so duke will have a constant presence around wendell?
RowanWolf
Rumor is Wendell is going to Hargrave next year. I sure hope so. That gives us hope.
metcalfmafia
RowanWolf said:

Rumor is Wendell is going to Hargrave next year. I sure hope so. That gives us hope.

Say what??? No way.
Packfan8
We need to go look at Ehab Amin, grad transfer who averaged 17 points per game two years ago and is a great defender.
Dunlow66
Dan McDonald @DMcDonaldRivals 2h2 hours ago
More

Kentucky just offered 2019 5-star PG Ashton Hagans
First Page Last Page
Page 58 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.